It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigfoot/Sasquatch Fact or Fiction?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I personally believe that Bigfoot could possibly exist.

They say if you wander into the mountains where gorillas exists that to be able to find them is next to impossible. You have to know exactly what you are looking for and be a professional, not at tracking but at understanding the needs of the gorillas.

They also say finding grizzly bones is next to impossible as well, along with gorilla or chimpanzee bones. The forest/brush cover everything up along with scavengers.

I also think that Patterson went to his grave saying the video is legit, and a lot of people say this type of costume was damn near impossible for that time. It is pretty intricate and doubt that Patterson just bought an everyday gorilla outfit.

I think the possibly is high that there is something out there, whether it wants to be found is another thing.

Pred...

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I live in British Columbia, Canada. A "hotspot" for sightings. I've been hunting, fishing, tree planting, just general outdoors woodsy type stuff since I was a little guy.

I've never come across any bigfoot.. I've seen black bears walk on their hind legs for a bit, (which for a split second made me think it could have been a bigfoot), I've seen moose rear up to reach branches, stuff like that.

But never came across a bigfoot. I've always wanted to, because why not, right?

Someone mentioned skeletons...why haven't we found any...I don't see skeletons of too many dead animals in the bush. Fresh kills, mainly...if any...but the wild is abundant with animals...and not skeletons.

On the flip side, if I was with my buddy in the bush for two weeks, looking for sasquatch and decided to fake it, I'd put boobies on it. As a man, that's something I'd include, whether people could see it or not. haha. Immature, yes. But worth the effort.

Either way, really good thread, makes me smile to let the fantasy slip into reality a bit more. Nice job.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by trollz
I like your thread op, but I notice you didn't include anything about the Berry/Morehead recordings. There were some rather fascinating (supposed) bigfoot recordings made back in the 70s I believe in which these creatures are being communicated with and heard using language. These audio recordings have been analyzed and studied by various experts including the FBI and military cryptolinguists, one of whom being R. Scott Nelson. It was determined that it isn't possible to have "faked" the original tapes, and that the creatures in the recording were certainly not human, but more interestingly, that they were using complex language, including pieces of english. So as far as solid evidence in concerned, this is it right here. Audio recordings that could not have been faked of non-human creatures using language with a greater vocal range than humans are capable of. There have also been cases where hair and blood samples have been tested that don't match any documented living thing.
We do have evidence of Bigfoot. I'm convinced these creatures exist and the day it is publicly confirmed I'll be a very excited individual.

Is this the "Samurai" chatter that you are referring to? If so, that recording is very interesting. There are also sound recordings of some of them bellowing out loud and indicates they have a huge lung capacity.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by abrowning
reply to post by mamabeth

I cannot even imagine how foul something must smell to use skunk stank as a perfume. I think I actually heard this theory too, and didn't really understand it. Interesting nonetheless.

If it is more "manlike' than ape it could have similar sweat glands. We all know how some can smell after a good bit of yard work or a workout. Now imagine something that traverses the woods with hardly ever jumping into a lake or deep river for a good body wash. Then on top of that all the other natural body functions again without regular washing.

It could also be a defense mechanism. Maybe woodland creatures know that this odor means get out of Dodge. Or it could be a very strong form of pheromone or all of the above.

edit on 2-10-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by univac500

I believe the movie has been covered by Mystery Science Theater 3000, so resident expert Titen-Sxull will probably be able to name it for you.
Coincidentally, here is a link to his Bigfoot - A Case for a North American Ape thread. It is a very good thread, BTW, and even though replies come from some of ATS's most die-hard skeptics, none of the replies are of the "I don't believe...", "I don't think..." variety we've seen so much of here, in this very well presented thread by Slayer.

I didn't think I would ever see Bigfoot, until I did.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
3. Yes it looks clearly at the camera... Don't we feel looked at and on many occasions turn our head and discover we are actually observed by someone or thing ?

S&F !

See I never took that argument that when it looked back at the camera it was staged seriously . Anybody or anything spooked would turn back to see if it was being followed it's a basic instinct IMO.

edit on 2-10-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
Having seen the creature with my own two eyes, I am, as you may imagine, inclined to the "fact" side of the question.

My sighting, and thoughts on it.

Thanks for providing the link.

That is a very compelling read.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
Having seen the creature with my own two eyes, I am, as you may imagine, inclined to the "fact" side of the question.

My sighting, and thoughts on it.

Some of you are going to think... He got hoaxed. Or he's delusional. Or both. I know only what I saw, and the effect it had on me emotionally. It scared the whey out of me, not to put too fine a point on it. As I said in my thread, I went from a, supposedly, sophisticated modern human to a cave dwelling hunter-gatherer fearing what may live and move in the dark beyond the flickering light of my campfire. The modern sophisticate is, by all appearances, only skin-deep apparently.

I can't speak for others, but I have gone from a border line skeptic who wanted to believe, to an ardent believer. All it took was a short eye to eye contact over the space of twenty/thirty seconds to alter my perceptions of the world around me. I always suspected it was stranger than we knew, or want to know...now I know it is stranger than we know, or may want to know.

One of the more profound effects this has had on me, is that when I'm out and about in the hills above town, I don't quite trust the quiet of the woods anymore... ...and truth to tell? I don't much like that sensation.

I had the sensation that I was about to meet my maker. I was so shocked at the enormity of the creature I saw in the Kaibab Forest that I just froze. We did not make eye contact. He/She just ran at an angle away from me and up a rocky slope and then around the hill. I have always been a believer in evolution and dabbled in anthropology, and for me this was confirmation that they belong to the great ape lineage but have evolved to walk and run upright. Anthropologists have theorized that when humans gained the ability to walk upright, this enabled the part of the human physiology to produce a voice box, hence language. And from recordings that I have heard online of their strange "Samurai Chatter", this could be evidence of the same evolutionary process.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

With Bigfoot there has never been recovered any bodies, skull, carcas, bone, and no fossils except for extinct ape species. No in between or crossover human ape fossils have been found either except for lineage fossils recovered in Africa and extinct ape species across parts of Asia. In North America, there has never been found the remains of any type of ape, ever. That should be your biggest clue right there. Nope, Bigfoot was probably created to keep people out of the backwoods area of the Pacific Northwest so other people could engage in various neferious activities.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Redhead6971

Well that's true so far as we know however we do get some odd stories from time to time. All seem rather interesting though. I'm not claiming they are true. But maybe they are being hijacked for other purposes?
Giants of North America

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Redhead6971

That might indeed be the case if these stories had started with the advent of the whites into the NW, or even North America in its entirety.

These stories predate, along with some cave drawings, the arrival of whites by centuries.

The forests, and mountains of North America are vast, and save for a few areas largely uninhabited, and most are seldom visited by man. A race, admittedly probably rather small and possibly headed for extinction (though I hope not...), could exist quite happily with most of mankind being blissfully unaware. As is the case, in my not so humble opinion.

No skeletal evidence? That's an issue, I agree...however, predation/scavenging, and normal environmental factors would seem to, especially in view of a small population, mitigate against finding a skeleton/remains save by the most astonishing luck.

When people say "well why haven't loggers, or hunters, backpackers, and other outdoorsy types found the remains, or the creature itself." or words to that effect, they make it sound like loggers, et al...are scrambling all over the mountains and forests. Logging and hunting are very controlled activities, you just can't do either one, where ever you want to. Not to mention the deafening noise that logging operations put out.

'course, in this sort of conversation, I always come back to my new default setting: I've seen the creature, I know beyond any doubt that Sasquatch exists. What he is, remains a question, not whether he exists. That has, to my satisfaction anyway, been answered.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Until I see some (real) proof I call ficton.
Second line.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Awesome post

I have some friends that went bigfoot hunting in Oregon and they played a recording of some supposed bigfoot howls really loud on a boombox, and about 30 minutes later something threw a huge log onto their campfire...

They were pretty shook up over it..... I thought it was pretty funny myself...

I have a few relatives living in Washington state, and one of them claims he saw one running before, and he still sticks by his story...It was running up a hill off the side of a not so often used logging road near Packwood Washington.. (Way out in the tall sticks)

I'm going with this being a real phenomenon for sure...They are smart enough to avoid people usually, and I'm also glad no one has ever killed one just to try and prove their existence..

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Great thread....great post. I don't understand all this talk about skeletal remains.I live in the interior of British Columbia and have hunted, and know many old time hunters who have been hunting their whole lives and not one of them has ever come across the skeletal remains of a bear, and this province is full of bears, and many of them have shot bears,So to me the whole finding a dead one argument just has no validity.Weather, other animals, insects can easily turn any kind of remains into dust in a very short time, and the more remote the area the less likely anyone would ever stumble upon any remains at all.Also like many animals, when death is imminent finding a remote secluded place to curl up and die always factors into the process.
I have always been curious about the existance of such a creature because of the many ancient indian stories about these creatures that go back hundreds and hundreds of years.I have been compiling a list of recent sitings in B.C. for the last six months out of curiousity and combined them with many local stories from first nations people and have narrowed down an area where I think a creature like this , if it is migratory and uses creeks and rivers as feeding areas, could exist with very little contact with humans.Using remote maps, cross referenced with recent sightings I have created a kind of bigfoot triangle area where I believe this creature could be living.Next May I plan to visit this area for a couple of weeks and do a bit of recon to satisfy my curiousity .The area is highly remote and and is smack dab in the middle of the most recent sightings within the province.I will be keeping a video diary throughout the trip. peace.

edit on 2-10-2010 by mark1167 because: typo

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I personally believe that bigfoot/sasquatch is a reality. I have heard a couple local tales about them, the same can be said about "little people", ufos, the paranormal, and God as well. This is indeed a strange world we live in.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I saw one, and I cant stop thinking about it.

My gf, my sister, and I all saw it. I looked into its eyes. It was intelligent.And wow was it fast.

people who say its immpossible make me laugh, because its, at this point like someone saying the earth is flat.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
fact and why not ? lets put it this way the tree man is a fact !!!!!!!!! so a hairy man resembling and apeman fact and i would to go into exile if my body was covered from head to toe with hairs . because society wouldn't accept you you would be looked upon everywhere u go , and i sure wouldnt want to shave myself from head to toe every day it would take all day to do that ! so easiest way to live would be to go it alone deep in the forest . to be honest i wouldnt want to bother the poor bugger it must be embarrassing for him just let him be .

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
One thing that gets my attention about the Patterson film is if you observe the still images of the film, you will notice the immense size of the calf muscles. Especially the gastrocnemius portion of the lower leg:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/39c6b6a3f555.jpg[/atsimg]

In humans, the calf muscle is difficult to develop because it requires training with bigger weight bearing loads. The calf muscle group bears your entire weight every time you take a step.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4ec35c8067df.png[/atsimg]

The only person back in those days that could have achieved such great calf proportions would have been Arnold Schwarzenegger. He was ahead of the competition because no one else would pay attention to developing great calves as he did.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dcc8c6ef4613.jpg[/atsimg]

So when I watch the stabilized film and still images of the creature as it walks, it indicates to me that this is no man in a gorilla costume. You can see the calf muscles flex as it is bearing the load of this hefty creature. I think there was a show on the discovery channel that had some researchers analyzing the gait of the creature. They tried to have a human wired with sensors try to emulate this Bigfoot gait, and it did not come out the same and indicating the skeletal structure was not human.

edit on 2-10-2010 by Kratos40 because: spelling

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Kratos40

Very nice.

Great explanation.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Has anyone seen the footage from the mckenzie river in Oregon?
Has it been discussed here yet?
The footage was caught while filming for a fishing show.
If it has been discussed, can someone direct me to the thread.Thanks. Peace.

edit on 2-10-2010 by mark1167 because: Typo

edit on 2-10-2010 by mark1167 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join