It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigfoot/Sasquatch Fact or Fiction?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Kratos40

I think there was a show on the discovery channel that had some researchers analyzing the gait of the creature. They tried to have a human wired with sensors try to emulate this Bigfoot gait, and it did not come out the same and indicating the skeletal structure was not human.

There was, I remember watching that show and it was very interesting! If it can be found, a link in this thread would be relevant, though I've tried and can't find it.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
cryptoreports.com...

McKenzie river footage.its quick, look to the left.

edit on 2-10-2010 by mark1167 because: added info.

edit on 2-10-2010 by mark1167 because: typo

edit on 2-10-2010 by mark1167 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by mark1167
Has anyone seen the footage from the mckenzie river in Oregon?
Has it been discussed here yet?
The footage was caught while filming for a fishing show.
If it has been discussed, can someone direct me to the thread.Thanks. Peace.

edit on 2-10-2010 by mark1167 because: Typo

edit on 2-10-2010 by mark1167 because: (no reason given)

Yes, I have. It is quite interesting. If the boaters and the individual are at the same distance from the camera, this would indicate that the individual that stood up and walked would have been very tall. Its to the left at 01:41.

edit on 2-10-2010 by Kratos40 because: Added video time

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Thanks man, I found it too, its really interesting.
Thats what i noticed, The height of the creature compared to the scale of the boat and trees.Also the fact that the cameraman didnt notice it and quickly pan his camera towards it, that makes me think it wasnt a hoax of some kind, because they didnt even notice it. peace.

edit on 2-10-2010 by mark1167 because: add

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Is it possible that it would have been the only one? Maybe the very last "Gigantopithecus"? Maybe there is 10 or so left? 10 creatures of this size in the whole entire world. You would have a very hard time finding them and a skeleton would not show up in most cases. They would be scavenged I would think. This is a big meal and if dead it would for sure be scavenged.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ExCloud

I think you are on the right track. It's a small population, perhaps even headed for eventual extinction, though a few more than ten.

Given that there is evidence of woolly mammoths existing in a dwarf size up to as recently as historical times, why not a bipedal ancestor of man, or a divergent breed of some sort.

My sighting was a revelation of sorts for me, as I've mentioned before, as it revealed that our world is much stranger and more wondrous than we may realize.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

I honestly believe they are predominantly nocturnal and are migratory in nature.

edit on 2-10-2010 by SLAYER69 because:

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
reply to post by ExCloud

I think you are on the right track. It's a small population, perhaps even headed for eventual extinction, though a few more than ten.

Given that there is evidence of woolly mammoths existing in a dwarf size up to as recently as historical times, why not a bipedal ancestor of man, or a divergent breed of some sort.

My sighting was a revelation of sorts for me, as I've mentioned before, as it revealed that our world is much stranger and more wondrous than we may realize.

ditto

It kind of cleared my mind. Rid me of an intellectual arrogance I had been in the grips of. It was truley an amazing animal/man. As I have stated, it crossed a road in front of me in less than 5 seconds. It was roughly 7 feet tall, and I would guess over 300 lbs. But, it was as fast or faster than a deer. And it knew what to do. It crossed quickly but looked me in the eye. Deer get scared and confused when almost hit.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

They would almost have to be migratory, given their size and probable dietary requirements... As for their nocturnal nature? I agree...though it's more by choice, I think... They want to avoid a predator that is their equal, at the least. Meaning us.

They have to know we're lethal...they've intelligence enough to know that where we appear, death follows. Morbid, perhaps, but true.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

I have yet to see anything that says "yep big foot is real". Though I do believe it is possible for a creature like this to be alive and be undetected.

People continue to say where is the skeleton from one that died. If you hunt or go outdoors and hike etc. Its not very common to find any sort of skeleton from an animal that has died of natural causes. Most animals when they die find someplace to be alone and hard to find to die. Add in the scavenger factor. You really will have a hard time finding a corpse.

I have hunted for the past 14 years. The only animals I have really seen dead are feathers from birds, fur from rabbits, and last year I did find a deers leg, but the rest of the body was gone. When I find these animals that have died rarely are there bones very very rarely. A few times the whole rabbit corpse was there and only half gone.

Thanks for the reply and I hope someday someone finds some evidence of the creatures existence. I do not believe it should be shot unless you feel like you truly are in danger from it. If they do exist they are almost extinct and we should try and let them live.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExCloud
People continue to say where is the skeleton from one that died. If you hunt or go outdoors and hike etc. Its not very common to find any sort of skeleton from an animal that has died of natural causes. Most animals when they die find someplace to be alone and hard to find to die. Add in the scavenger factor. You really will have a hard time finding a corpse.

I'm an avid hiker/camper. Been doing it for well, for a couple of decades [Not giving away my age] and I have yet come across a corpse of known large game that are native to the area. This in itself isn't proof.

I'm just saying is all.

edit on 2-10-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by havok
Seems deepred beat me to the BFRO site. Bigfoot Field Research Organization

Great thread, SLAYER69.
Just an FYI, my experience from 2005 is saved on this website here.
It will explain my exact experience with a 'bigfoot' or what ever you want to call it.
I had a 'class b' experience, vocals, no sightings...
Believe me, I was scared beyond my mind.
When it took place, my dads dog was with me.
His dog is fearless. He's a little jack russel terrier and never backs down, even to a pit bull.
Regardless, he was scared so bad after the vocalization we heard, poor little guy was shaking uncontrollably.
To me it's just something that no one will ever understand until they experience it themselves.
To all doubters, or non-believers, you just need to have an experience like mine.
Then you might be more open minded.
I've been around the woods 25+ years and heard every Eastern North American animal known to man.
What I heard, was no coyote, wolf, mountain lion or bear.
It was a massive animal. And it was warning me away.

Anyways.
DO I think there is a 'Bigfoot'? Maybe.
Do I think there is a Gigantopithecus? Definitely.
The only reason we don't find the bones is just like why I can never find good deer antler sheds.

Animals know where to get calcium.
Either that or they are smart enough to bury their dead?
I don't know.

But, I don't think every creature was killed off in the last big Ice Age. I believe Gigantopithecus was a survivor. Just like the alligator, several species of fish and turtles that have been around for millenia, so have these creatures.

On a side note...there's too much trickery and tom-foolery to believe anything I see on TV.
Videos, pictures, sound clips, etc. It's too easy to manipulate these types of media.
Even in the 1960's. People, even the gov't, had the capability to edit then.
So I don't trust them. (the media)

I only believe in what I experience for myself. It's easier that way.
But after my experience, I've opened up alot more.

edit on 2-10-2010 by havok because: I had to spell Gigantopithecus right.

Thank you for mentioning your experience. I've had one Class A encounter in the Kaibab Forest and one Class B encounter at Knoll Lake near the Mogollon Rim area. The class B encounter that you heard was exactly what I experienced. It sounded like a woman being murdered. Very unnerving. Also, this thing made noises like it was a woman yelling in a very mad tone of voice. That's the best I can describe it. It spooked the campers on the other side of the lake and they packed up and left. We stayed, but we didn't sleep a wink that night. I should add my experience to the BFRO site one of these days. I can't blame the skeptics for not believing. I did not believe in such things until I saw the damn creature with my own two eyes and heard it my own two ears.

edit on 2-10-2010 by Kratos40 because: spelling

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

I know it in no way is proof of its existence. I am just saying that people need to not try to ask for a corpse of one that has died when its very very hard to come by known big game that have died. Odds of finding a corpse of something that may exist in very very small numbers is probably going to be a lot harder then winning the lottery would be.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Very good thread Slayer, sorry for being so late to respond

IMO there is good evidence that there is some sort of hominid type create running around in our forests that we haven't yet catalogued. They seem to express intelligence and cunning when it comes to interaction with humans ( which is probably why we've never confirmed the myth.)

But in my books whenever there is a large campaign to discredit something officially, it's usually because it's true.

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Yes, the samurai chatter was from these recordings.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull

They would almost have to be migratory, given their size and probable dietary requirements... As for their nocturnal nature? I agree...though it's more by choice, I think... They want to avoid a predator that is their equal, at the least. Meaning us.

They have to know we're lethal...they've intelligence enough to know that where we appear, death follows. Morbid, perhaps, but true.

I agree. Let's look at the [Stench] they give off. Is it just a case of bad BO? or is it a semi defense/mating pheromone to attract others of their kind? Nocturnal would be the way to go it would explain why there are only occasional sightings during daylight.

Avoiding predators? There isn't too much out there that could possibly scare an 800 to 1000lb giant outside of a full grown brown bear IMO.

edit on 2-10-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

I think there was a show on the discovery channel that had some researchers analyzing the gait of the creature. They tried to have a human wired with sensors try to emulate this Bigfoot gait, and it did not come out the same and indicating the skeletal structure was not human.

There was, I remember watching that show and it was very interesting! If it can be found, a link in this thread would be relevant, though I've tried and can't find it.

Greetings LadySkadi,

I found a boiled down version of the analysis here (with nice music
):

And the whole Best Evidence episode at the link below. It is cut up into segments but it will automatically play them all:

HowStuffWorks - Bigfoot Gait Analysis

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redhead6971
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

With Bigfoot there has never been recovered any bodies, skull, carcas, bone, and no fossils except for extinct ape species. No in between or crossover human ape fossils have been found either except for lineage fossils recovered in Africa and extinct ape species across parts of Asia. In North America, there has never been found the remains of any type of ape, ever. That should be your biggest clue right there. Nope, Bigfoot was probably created to keep people out of the backwoods area of the Pacific Northwest so other people could engage in various neferious activities.

Understood completely.

After having investigated "Bigfoot", "aliens", and "U.F.O.s", almost my entire life I am now skeptical.

Without a body, an encounter, or an actual saucer I'm not buying anything in these fields.

As per my original post and subsequent ones I know exactly what is in those isolated areas.

And it's not a 7 or 8 foot "creature" scaring the crap out of hikers.

Government facilities.

If I ever see any real proof, not speculation, not hearsay, not grainy photos or videos I will be the first to admit I was wrong, as I have the ability to admit I am incorrect, because I know I'm not perfect, I know there are unexplained things, events, and happenings out there but I am someone who has to see it for myself, put my hands on it, and experience it.

I trust no one and never will.

Especially in regards to this particular genre.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas
If I ever see any real proof, not speculation, not hearsay, not grainy photos or videos I will be the first to admit I was wrong, as I have the ability to admit I am incorrect, because I know I'm not perfect, I know there are unexplained things, events, and happenings out there but I am someone who has to see it for myself, put my hands on it, and experience it.

I trust no one and never will.

Especially in regards to this particular genre.

That's a fair assessment.

Still think you're wrong though

I too want to see proof. Dead carcass, Hair samples that do no match any other primate. Skull or one captured.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

There are probably Govt. facilities, rogue crop growers (I know someone who ran into "hippies with guns" [his words] out there) and many other things that we don't know about, in the mtns. here in the West. Perpetuating a myth to keep people out of an area *may explain some things, but not everything and especially not all of the reports going back to a time before modern.

The other question to ask is this: who really stays out of the mtns. and rugged zones just because they *might run into Bigfoot? I think it's a stretch to suggest that is happening. Just my two cents (adjust for inflation)...

edit on 2-10-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join