It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who would you want as "Earths First Contact".

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
A language expert would be good, not just the kind that can use vocal but one that understands facial and body language. A scientist for the analytical ability and a woman as they are less threatening, plus males of any species protect females.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I would do it along with a hand selected envoy of people i thought could handle the stress and not freak out.
no military personnel
no government influences. like the president or any of those clowns
possibly select spiritual leaders from around the globe.
a hand full of the smartest astronomers

although video under special lighting would be allowed. no photographers or flashing bulbs or sudden movements would be allowed.

at least 10 proven psychics would be needed to ensure proper messaging conveyance

and a proper sedate atmosphere to receive the visitors. i would have to say Mount Rushmore or a national park somewhere with enough room that both sides wouldn't feel trapped and at ease, so they could openly mingle and get a feel for each other to develop trust.

I'm sure for as many years as they've been watching and listening to us, they can understand every language on the planet.

all questions would be focused on them, as to who are they and where do the come from...ETC

I'm sure there is nothing about us they need to know, because they've had the freedom to dissect every aspect of us in our environment since they first stumbled across us.

i think the only reason they might want to come down and openly share with us, is to offer us an opportunity to freely travel with them or ask if they could possibly set up a base without being molested by the wild life.

or even to help protect us from some impending doom and establish communication with the correct ally

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX
In light of the recent appointment of Malaysian astrophysisist Mazlan Othman as "Earths first contact", i was interested to hear about your recommendations for the position.

This is going on the hypothetical assumption that first contact comes by way of ET (grays type), landing on earth in a craft.

For the purposes of this thread the grays are peacefull, if only to reduce the risk of the thread ending up in a "our army is better at killing aliens than your army".

So then, friendly ET's have landed and want to make contact....who would you send?

It could be one person or maybe a group.

Give your reasons why if you can. Personality, qualifications, experience? What should they have?

Serious suggestions would be great, but i appreciate not everyone has a good knowledge of the kind of people qualified to do this job, so you can add some not so serious suggestions if you like, just to lighten the thread.

CX.

well my favorite characters and things for Extraterrestrials where they should came as groups where their personality must be friendly and we spare them as long as they are friendly and they should give us every knowledge that we need

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I would say Michio Kaku...

Or Phage.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monts

I would say .... Phage.

Phage! Phage! Phage! Phage!

Hoo! Hoo! Hoo! Hoo!

Phage! Phage! Phage! Phage!

Hoo! Hoo! Hoo! Hoo!

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
My pick would be Robert F. Kennedy Jr. He is one of the few people that I believe has humanities best interest at heart and is intelligent, articulate and inspiring.

spec

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I will go with Michio Kaku... however I don't think THEY care about who we choose. Do you truly believe if/when they come they land near white house and say "Take me to your Leader" ?

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by berkeleygalha Louis CK would depress them so much they would leave and never return

Exactly. Louis CK would provide the ETs with a fairly good example of what it means to be human. =P

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
...Will Smith.
Wise, philosophical, great actor, role model, and father.
And if the aliens aren't nice, he'll just punch them in the face.

And we know he will.

edit on 9/28/10 by ohsnaptruth because:

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Would you be terribly surprised if I asked you to consider that 'they' already know everything that is currently being blogged, spoken, thought, much like the US government does?

They will contact who they contact. Sort of like...God does. Don't bother setting up a row of dummies who wouldn't flinch about cutting off a limb or two of their souls for a little spending money, fame, and pow-ah.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

So then, friendly ET's have landed and want to make contact....who would you send? It could be one person or maybe a group. Give your reasons why if you can. Personality, qualifications, experience? What should they have?

I would send Me.

Because I am not overtly sceptical nor inanely accepting, I am able to perceive the energy field (aura) and so nothing can get past concerning someone's/some things's Intent, I understand a good deal of the bigger picture scenario and have had a number of close encounters and contacts over my life from early childhhod.. so I know the operating procedures for a few different races.

Instead of sending a person well versed in politics, social-systems, scientific endeavours, etc, it would be more effective to send those who are already experienced in this particular field.

Just my 2 cents.. so flame away

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX
In light of the recent appointment of Malaysian astrophysisist Mazlan Othman as "Earths first contact", i was interested to hear about your recommendations for the position.

This is going on the hypothetical assumption that first contact comes by way of ET (grays type), landing on earth in a craft.

For the purposes of this thread the grays are peacefull, if only to reduce the risk of the thread ending up in a "our army is better at killing aliens than your army".

So then, friendly ET's have landed and want to make contact....who would you send?

It could be one person or maybe a group.

Give your reasons why if you can. Personality, qualifications, experience? What should they have?

Serious suggestions would be great, but i appreciate not everyone has a good knowledge of the kind of people qualified to do this job, so you can add some not so serious suggestions if you like, just to lighten the thread.

CX.

This is a tough one, it truly is. To be on the safe side lets have the first species that visit us be a peaceful society of Grays. Before contact we as a planet must agree that (like the final godfather movie quote) "all our ships must set sail in one direction". Meaning that in regards to human and Gray contact, all humans will agree with each other in regards to Gray and human interrelationship. Then we need people that will meet them to be individuals that aren't violent or aggressive or tribal. Meaning that they won't try to impose on said Grays what they should think or do or whatever. We need people that will show respect of others and have the intelligence to control their emotions and body language. We have to have people that will change their behavior to put out the best in Humans and not the worst.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
It better be a vegetarian just in case they are highly evolved farm mamals...

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
My Mom - Cos she'd make em a nice cup of tea and make sure they behaved - But they would have to take their shoes off if they wore shoes that is.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Daniel Jackson from Stargate SG-1 would have to be the guy to handle the contact imo haha.

I like the previous mentions of Michio Kaku, Bill Hicks (RIP) though so i'll agree with those.

edit on 28-9-2010 by Stuffed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Richard Dreyfus, he's already did it once before...

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
How about we have a lottery, winner gets a big money prize and does first greets with the greys. That way if they eat im his/her family gets a nice consolation prize '
'

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Paul Mcdermott!

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Chuck Norris would be dangerous, he doesn't make first contact with aliens, aliens make first contact with HIM!
And just for landing on the planet he might roundhouse kick them out of the GALAXY!

I think the guy from the youtube channel AlienScientist would be a great choice.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I would have the aliens set up a web forum. That way they wouldn't infect us with their alien diseases and we all get a shot at Q & A's. Lets see them use that super intelligence to reply to everyone!

After we discover how they want to make physical contact we find Shatner because he will sleep with anything.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join