It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who would you want as "Earths First Contact".

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I would recommend David Hasselhoff, Will Smith or Jet Li/Jackie Chan for singles, but for groups,
I would recommend the Modern Hippies, Tree Hugers and Environmentalist.
At least one from each.

In all seriousness I would probably send Mr. Spielberg, James Cameron and Spike Lee
no but seriously, I would send your average modern family to greet them. then everyone else to discuss purpose.

Peace!

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by CX

This is going on the hypothetical assumption that first contact comes by way of ET (grays type), landing on earth in a craft.

For the purposes of this thread the grays are peacefull, if only to reduce the risk of the thread ending up in a "our army is better at killing aliens than your army".

But that's not reality. If we are using contactee/abductee testimony as a grounds for this thread, we would logically conclude that not all 'Grey' type ET's have our best interests at heart. Some do, some don't. Just like....eh...earthlings.

So then, friendly ET's have landed and want to make contact....who would you send?

The Ultimate Warrior.

Seriously tho. One person to represent ALL of humanity? We're getting a little too Hollywood here for me...

edit on 28-9-2010 by NightVision because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I can't do it.
I know who I want to recommend and I just can't.
Nope.
Not gonna happen. LOL

But - here's a hint.

He's right here on ATS, has Chuck Norris like qualities with his name that begins with a 'P'!

ROTFL...

All kidding aside. Who'd I want?

Me! At least then I'd get MY agenda all out there on the table before everyone else got their hands on the Aliens!

peace

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
In mho, it should be a delegation of a key people from all major countries within the world, to show our unity. Having one person sends the wrong message I think.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
The Dalai Lama.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron
Alright CX,
The Pope - Bishop of Rome and leader of the Catholic Church

Barrack Obama - The president of the USA

edit on 28/9/10 by Death_Kron because: speling

The Pope!?
Are you ƒµ©#N SERIOUS!?
A child molester?
Yeah, lets send them a cold hearted, Blood Sacrificing Illuminati GodFearing Satanist to represent the whole of Humanity, even though most of us are Muslims, Hindus, Atheists, Buddhists, Spiritualists, Mother Earth Worshippers, and everything OTHER THAN Catholic! Who the hell wants the head of the church of satan representing human kind? They are going to think that most of us buy that shizzle the Romans put in the bible. By having the Pope represent THE ENTIRE WORLD, we are stating that we uplift The Holy Roman Empire that has so diligently kept its promise of World Domination through the raping and pillaging of any and ALL that could not accept the Roman Way.

What kind of message is that going to send to our Intergalactic Visitors?
We venerate psychotic leaders that kill their brothers and sisters mentally, physically, and spiritually?

Come on people, The Pope is NOT holier than thou, for goodness sakes, he's the one hoarding all of the *bleeping* GOLD!

:'(

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I have to, lol:

Sigourney Weaver
Robin Williams
Arnold Schwartzanegger, Carl Weathers and Jesse Ventura- together as a group
Bill Shatner & Leonard Nimoy
Kurt Russell & James Spader

Just kidding. In all seriousness how about Charlie Rose? They can sit down, have some coffee and a nice friendly chat, live on PBS?

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by indianajoe77
Sigourney Weaver

She wouldn't even need a mic right? Just a flame thrower.

Ok seriously? Maybe a politician like the president.

But I think the best choice would be a scientist and I'd nominate Michio Kaku.

edit on 28-9-2010 by Scramjet76 because: to stay on topic

CX

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by leira7

The Pope!?
Are you ƒµ©#N SERIOUS!?
A child molester?
Yeah, lets send them a cold hearted, Blood Sacrificing Illuminati GodFearing Satanist to represent the whole of Humanity, even though most of us are Muslims, Hindus, Atheists, Buddhists, Spiritualists, Mother Earth Worshippers, and everything OTHER THAN Catholic! Who the hell wants the head of the church of satan representing human kind?

Lol say what you feel my friend, say what you feel.

Ok, the Pope's a maybe....maybe we could just keep him away from the little aliens?

CX.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I have to say I would vote for Michio Kakul. At least we should feel comforted that he would be asking legitimate questions to advance our progress.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
My 5 year old grandson. He's so inquisitive and smart.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismarco
I have to say I would vote for Michio Kakul. At least we should feel comforted that he would be asking legitimate questions to advance our progress.

Yea he is 1 of my teachers from afar, seems like a cool dude.
2nd

CX

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightVision

But that's not reality. If we are using contactee/abductee testimony as a grounds for this thread, we would logically conclude that not all 'Grey' type ET's have our best interests at heart. Some do, some don't. Just like....eh...earthlings.

Good point. Ok lets keep it real as well as lighthearted.....I'm starting to lean towards a delegation that covers the whole world rather than one person.....plus Ultimate Warrior.

I think someone with some kind of psychic abilities would be good, not sure anyone has been proved to be able to use these abilities as a weapon though (just in case they start playing mind games with us via telepathy).

Dalai Lama's a good suggestion, and thanks to all that are recommending the more scientificaly qualified, i've not heard of many of them and am looking them up as i go.

The Hoff is a good one, Knight Rider Hoff or Baywatch Hoff though? As long as its not "Singing superstar in Germany" Hoff, i suffered 4 damn years of him being in every record store in Germany when i lived there!

CX.

CX

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
My 5 year old grandson. He's so inquisitive and smart.

Would be a lot smarter move than electing a politician or a celeb.

I think kids would make great first contacts, unspoilt minds who would keep the occasion fun and non-threatening.

They are always asking questions too, so we wouldn't be short of info gathering.

CX.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
umm maybe John Stewart he is a comedian but he's extremely smart and insightful and is more than capable of rising to the level of seriousness required by the situation

I think it will require someone tested to me fairly immune to mind control techniques though I don't know who that would be

also someone who isn't afraid of bugs .I say that because there are aliens out there who just invoke instantaneous revulsion (kinda like they way we respond to big ugly insects)

so if someone can eat a bug That is one quality we need in and alien ambassador

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Interestingly enough, Fox News (my local channel) just had a little quickie story about the UFO press conference, and they mentioned the UN appointed contact.

In most media, usually the ambassador's role is given as closer to what it really is, coordinating the different spacegoing nations' efforts to ensure some level of cooperation (or at least trying to keep folks from running into each other).... Not that I'll applaud Fox any time soon, hehe...but it was interesting to see.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Finally someone thinking clearly...

Who would be better qualified than an open minded scientist who built an atom-smasher when they were 17!

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
EXCELLENT question!
Who I'd want for first contact depends on who was contacting us.

If it is a bunch of aliens who use dark and evil means to capture humans, do experiments on them, mess with the brains and memories of the humans, and then release them back into 'the wild' with implant chips .. then I'd pick politicians and UN delagates ... that kind of thing.

If they were nice space critters who wanted to get along with people and learn from us ... I'd want them to contact the 'average' person ... walk amongst us ... out in the countryside or even rent an apartment or two in the city and get to know us that way.

If they are a bunch of ghouls who want to harvest us for dinner .. then I'm back to them starting with the poltiicians and the United Nations !!

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
The Nobel Prize Committee!

They have a lot of 'splaining to do! Maybe the aliens can figure out what the hell they have been thinking lately.

Seriously, I think it should be a pre-eminent communicator. I don't agree with Obama or Clinton politics, but they are some smooth articulate fellas, so they might be good choices. No one person or group is going to be a decent representation, so there is already an inherent problem. Certainly NOT the Pope as some mentioned!

How about Snoop Dogg? Smooth, articulate, ear to the ground, still relavent despite all of the chaos surrounding him and his age.

How about Sheriff Arpaio?
They better have good intentions, or they will find themselves in a work camp with their space ship auctioned off to pay for their own housing!

How about ME? I will give it to them straight, make a quick judgement, and communicate it fully back to you folks. No secrets.

CX

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scramjet76

Finally someone thinking clearly...

Who would be better qualified than an open minded scientist who built an atom-smasher when they were 17!

I'd not heard of him, so i looked him up briefly on Wiki...

en.wikipedia.org...

Wow!

Great suggestion.

CX.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join