It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks Video Released!!

page: 78
<< 75  76  77    79  80  81 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Freelancers in Iraq? Hah.

If they're not on assignment and they're seen talking with insurgents then they're considered insurgents.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Ohhh I get it now so they were in Insurgent town. The one you get to by travelling up IED avenue?

Right, yeah, their are no civilians there. Just insurgents. All bad guys.

Kill em' all.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Compulsionist
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

You have been looking for an excuse to ignore me or belittle from the start ,and I know why - what I say rings true to you and it hurts.

Check my history around here. I don't belittle people. If i was needing an excuse i didn't have to look very hard.

My problem here is that some people died, and the best you can come up with is "America sucks".

Broad generalizations about people is the epitome of ignorance. We learned that in America by watching the KKK, and the Nazi's.

My animosity towards America is mostly because you run around the world killing people, all in the name of "freedom and liberty" (tainted phrase by now) when we all know it's the money.

I have never crossed an ocean, and have never killed anyone. So your above statement is untrue.

All around the world people are rising up , but not the people that are inflicting the most damage , you'd be pissed as well.

You think this is only recent? Humanity is thousands of years old. What is happening today is no less and no more than 1000 years ago. No one is "rising up". Humanity doesn't do that, as a rule.

Your nation has flipped its government. Don't project that on the rest of the world.

You guys have never been good at sitting down and contemplating WHY people are pissed at you or even hate you...instead you employ whatever tactic to silence your critics...accusing people of simply hating America is one of them.

Your broad generalizations, once again. I am glad to know that all 300 million of us are identical, and a separate form of human from those in Iceland. We are obviously genetically different, since Americans are incapable of the higher functions of someone from Europe.

And I´m feeling it.

What you are feeling from me is my ire at you generalizing an entire nation, and your prior admission that you hated America before you even knew any facts.

Call it hate , I call it telling the truth from an angry perspective, and I have every right to be angry at you , and trust me mate ....I am not the only one by any stretch of the imagination. Enough with the pleasantries.

Of course you have every right to be angry at me. You have met me and interacted with me so much.

Hopefully you will someday find the courage to be a true American and take your country back.

I am not going on a suicide mission. Until i have enough people who are willing to do the same as me, i am stuck trying to gain support. Unfortunately, the PTB have peoples minds so screwed up i don't know how that will ever work out.

I'm betting you won't and that´s not to be mean , I truly would not put my money on that.

And you would win. I don't set my life to meet your standards.

Ps :Come to think of it , any kid could see that your country is in the toilet.

[edit on 7-4-2010 by Compulsionist]

Oh, and what high standards those are.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
Ohhh I get it now so they were in Insurgent town. The one you get to by travelling up IED avenue?

Right, yeah, their are no civilians there. Just insurgents. All bad guys.

Kill em' all.

OK, well, you just showed that you have no idea about what was going on in Iraq in 2007. Feel free to continue jumping to lame conclusions about what happened there.

You are a no go at this station. At least do some good and move out and draw fire.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

All that your posts have done is show your arrogance and hypocrisy.

If you can't come up with anything meaningful and just have to keep saying how I don't know what I'm talking about then maybe you shouldn't bother taking part in this thread.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   

My opinion is worth just as much as anybody else's on this thread, including your own.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   

All that your posts have done is show your arrogance and hypocrisy.

If you were me, you'd be arrogant, too. Hypocrisy? Really?

If you can't come up with anything meaningful and just have to keep saying how I don't know what I'm talking about then maybe you shouldn't bother taking part in this thread.

Well, you made the BS post about "IED Avenue". guess you don't want to take this seriously anymore.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Well fair enough, but you just seem to keep criticising everything I say with the same old retort of how I know nothing, or I don't know what's going on.

Don't insult my intelligence, you don't even know me.

I'd be arrogant too, why is that?

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

Everyone is allowed their opinion, but what is messed up is when the opinion isn't based on facts (not pointing you out, but in general).

People see this video and cry, "Oh, those horrible pilots", yet don't have any idea what was going on at the time. They just make a knee-jerk reaction about what they see and read about it, and run with it.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Why because it is....look at a tripod picture they ain't 4 ft long or more and they don't have a Rocket poking out the end lol you guys need glasses lol.... no wait I got it wrong they're pogo sticks the prefered Iraqi mode of transport... Get real or get a bigger screen.
Anyway my final word on this Post...
Journalists aren't innocent they know perfectly well what ther doing when in a hazardous area.
The Pilots/gunners should of waited for a ground assault and aided the assault from the air.
The driver of the mini-van should never have gone into that situation with his children in the van.
It is that simple...Rushed descision...The guy in the sky with the itchy trigger should be court-martialed.
Journo's well if you.ve read my opinion in previous posts I Don't Care.
Van Driver silly man indeed reguarding the safety of a passerby above the safety of his own children.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   

I think that can go for both sides.

I'll admit that when I first time I saw the video I was really angry by it and to a certain extent it probably did make me overreact and not look closely enough at the video.

The shape that people claim is an RPG, does in a way look like an RPG. I can understand that, but it looks like it's between his legs, which is weird.

Also when the man looks round the building he doesn't fire the alleged RPG, nor does it appear that he tells his comrades to either take cover or get the hell out of there because there is a chopper. Instead they all just stand there.

The Americans in the chopper claim they were being fired at. That isn't true. Not once did any of those men fire at them. Yet they supposedly had weapons. Yet they didn't open fire? So maybe they couldn't see the chopper.

In which case they were no threat. Yet they were killed anyway.

Secondly the people who came in the van certainly wern't a threat. I saw no weapons there. They were just killed. I know you said insurgents at the time used vehicles but what could they possibly have done? Also there were children in the van. They were killed and the transcript proves the men in the chopper didn't care in the slightest.

The American military then tried to cover the whole thing up.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by DreamerOracle

No perhaps the man in the van shouldn't have gone to the scene, but from my point of view he was clearly trying to help those people and I can't criticise him for that.

If you saw some dead and seriously injured people, would you be able to just drive on by and forget about it?

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by DreamerOracle
Why because it is....look at a tripod picture they ain't 4 ft long or more

Tripods can extend and will typically be anywhere from 2ft to 6ft depending on the arrangement and model.

and they don't have a Rocket poking out the end lol you guys need glasses lol....

You are looking at pixels, just because it looks like it could be something doesn't mean it IS something.

no wait I got it wrong they're pogo sticks the prefered Iraqi mode of transport... Get real or get a bigger screen.

Yes, we get it, you've got a huge monitor to watch this on. It's unfortunate that you don't understand that regardless of ho big your screen is the resolution of the video won't go any higher than it was recorded at and thus, you are looking at duplicated pixels which will cause MORE artifacting and not less.

Anyway my final word on this Post...
Journalists aren't innocent

Wow, I hope that's just a poor choice of words.

they know perfectly well what ther doing when in a hazardous area.
The Pilots/gunners should of waited for a ground assault and aided the assault from the air.

This we can agree on, the pilots we eager for an engagement

The driver of the mini-van should never have gone into that situation with his children in the van.
Yeah, he should never have thought to teach his children the value of helping others. The pilots shouldn't have shot at a van for little other reason than it was in a "battle zone"

It is that simple...Rushed descision...The guy in the sky with the itchy trigger should be court-martialed.

Agreed

Journo's well if you.ve read my opinion in previous posts I Don't Care.
Van Driver silly man indeed reguarding the safety of a passerby above the safety of his own children.
Can't agree.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I'm a father myself ...your children are your world you have to be a father to understand that. My reaction in that situation would of been to get my children to safety and telephoned for medical assistance. At which could not of been fired on by the Apache...The man in the van should of thought of his Children. If you think otherwise you are obviously not a parent.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by DreamerOracle
If you think otherwise you are obviously not a parent.

Obviously that's false as the driver of the van proved.

Perhaps he didn't think it was a helicopter and that it would still be targetting, after all, he didn't have anything remotely resembling a weapon on him.

[edit on 4/7/2010 by eNumbra]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
An Iraqi in his own country, even IF he points an RPG at an Apache, has every right to do it, after all the US is the occupying force in his own country, and he is the freedom fighter.

A lot of people seem to mistake the occupation of Iraq for a righteous thing, but it isnt.

If the US would invade my country for example (Greece) id do the same.

We have to view this from an Iraqi point of view, and NOT from the American point, the US has no right whatsoever to be there in the first place.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cabaret Voltaire
Oooooooh I get it.
If I agree with you then I'll get stars and love.
If I disagree then I'm the baaaaad man.

You people are like crowd shooters in NYC, store looters in flood zones, kid rapers in seedy ghetto high rises, and other assorted mental midgets blaming everybody but yourselves.

War happens. Don't you get it? People do NOT get along. They fight. The most powerful people win. Not the cryingest photo shootingest complainingest most deviant simps. The strong win with guns and bombs and... and... and with fire!

Nope, not getting a star from me. Yes, war happens. Yes, history is wrought with man not getting along. Yes, MOST OF THE TIME, the one with the more powerful weapons win. Not always though.

But here is the big difference between what you are talking about (war) versus what was predominantly displayed in that video. There is a fine line in war. When that line is crossed over it becomes murder. What happened when the van showed up to help the wounded man was murder.

There IS a difference. Especially when the gunner was BEGGING for the wounded reporter to find a weapon. He was gleeful that he could light them up and finish them off.

HUGE difference.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Dynamitrios

Had Saddam not thumbed his nose an the UN Sanctions, and were the UN ballsy enough to do the job it is asked to do, I would agree with you.

Oil For Food....did everyone forget about that? Or the dozens of times Saddam shot on coalition planes in the No Fly Zone?

Of course, if the UN doesn't mind that its sanctions are ignored (which they often are), then i suppose it doesn't matter. But then, why should anyone pay dues to a castrated comission such as the UN?

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dynamitrios
An Iraqi in his own country, even IF he points an RPG at an Apache, has every right to do it, after all the US is the occupying force in his own country, and he is the freedom fighter.

A lot of people seem to mistake the occupation of Iraq for a righteous thing, but it isnt.

If the US would invade my country for example (Greece) id do the same.

...and hopefully you would be intelligent enough to understand that if you point a RPG at an Apache, one possible outcome can be a hail of 30mm fire, and wouldn't complain about it (it's only war).

I disapprove of the US being in Iraq, but that's that. The topic of the thread is far beyond the point whether the Iraqis are freedom fighters or not.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

The people in the chopper say they have 5-6 individuals with AKs, but I swear some of them people look like they don't even have anything on them.

I'm quite sure that if you were on the battlefield, in the area where according to information available to you, the enemy was staging an attack, you'd see AK's on them really quick, like in a millisecond. Of course things may look different when you are perched in a comfy chair and sipping a 7-up.

top topics

<< 75  76  77    79  80  81 >>

join