It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks Video Released!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+330 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Here you go.

(click to open player in new window)

(high-quality version added to media.abovetopsecret.com)

Short 18minutes
www.youtube.com...

Full 40minutes
www.youtube.com...

Edit to add member-supplied video.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by SkepticOverlord]

+24 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
What a reckless use of force.... This brings shame on all Americans. I feel extreme sorrow to see what has gone on in a war I once supported.

What havn't we seen...

-E-

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Can someone upload it to ATS media? It keeps freezing on me and I have to start over or it just stops and wont play... I did see half of it and all I have to say it wow.

+57 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Towards the end when they were carrying the kids out.. one of the guys from the helicopter said something like..

"That's what you get for bringing your kids to a battle."

Come on, really? That just did it for me. A man driving with his kids and sees 10+ fellow iraq's on the ground murdered or injured so he decides to help and try to put them in his van while his two kids are watching the helicopters destroy them.. good lord what have we become?

+14 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
murdering bastards. thats all i have to say... trouble is who on earth is going to make the american Government accountable?? This world stinks....

+98 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
And still, as we speak, the top headline on the CNN website is about Tiger Woods!

Unbelievable!

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Ok now the question is will anyone else pick this up? I am guessing none of the big MSM news agencies will pick it up, but will Russia Today?!?

How messed up will that be if it takes Russia Today to release this and no one else will talk about it.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I'm not trying to be snarky or anything but you have a computer and a working email. Send it to CNN ireport or something.
EDIT:

HOLY CRAP.
I JUST WATCHED IT.

I understand your outrage completely. That was ridiculous and downright horrible. They lied about the weapons, and mowed them down like they were less than living. I just do not know what to say.

Outrageous.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by TheOneElectric]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Just watched the 18 minute version...

the madness starts about 2:30 into it...its the true face of war I suppose.

I am unsure what to think...honest mistake I guess, but it shows that people manning these weapons are simply either untrained or uncaring to confirm what they are seeing. The most disturbing part is the coverup by the brass "not knowing how the kids were injured".

[edit on 5-4-2010 by SaturnFX]

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

The video was released at the National Press Club, press conference and all ... CNN/FoxNews/etc omission is intentional and not due to lack of knowledge.

The question is why?

ETA: Just in case and for what it is worth I did just send an email to CNN on their news contact page, linking the dedicated wikileaks website, and calling their inaction reprehensible. Perhaps if more of us submit coverage requests they will have to listen!

www.cnn.com...

Got the standard email back from them:

Thank you for contacting CNN. This email is to notify you that your news tip has been received and will be reviewed in a timely manner. You will be contacted if the news tip is valid and we need further information and verification.
We appreciate your news tip and thank you for choosing CNN as your breaking news source.

Sincerely,

CNN Viewer Communications Management
"CNN, The Most Trusted Name In News"

Not holding breath.

[edit on 5 Apr 2010 by schrodingers dog]

[edit on 5 Apr 2010 by schrodingers dog]

+6 more 
link   
Pure evil. Just pure evil. Our authoritarian professions attract some of the worst minded individuals. Not to say there aren't good people out there, but there are less and less now a days.

I can't add anything else after this, I'm just speechless. One thing's for sure, we'll never hear about this on our corporate owned and operated jewish media.

link   
Can someone summarize? I am at work and cannot view a video of any type, especially youtube.

Is it the breaking news it was promised to be? Is it related at all to the Afghan story, or the bullet removal story? Is it clearly civilians targeted on purpose? Were there really journalists killed? Intentionally?

link   
Wow....

For those of you without Youtube access,

Here are excerpts from the part were they kill the Unarmed & wounded man (a journalist) who had the misfortune to be standing by the first barrage AND the good Samaritans who tried to help him....

...along with the children in the Samaritan's van.

And here is the initial bombardment wherein the gunship fires on Eight individuals:

[edit on 5-4-2010 by Exuberant1]

+10 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Some guys and reporters... shot for no reason...

Then...

Trying to clear dead bodies away... and then blown the crap out of.

No wonder they wanted to cover this up.

Just think how many unreported/unrecorded incidents similar to this have happened?

So sad.

I downloaded the 18 minute version...so if it's taken down, a few of us will have it.

Couldn't make it all the way through it man...

Not sure what the difference is between the long and short version... but as long as we keep a copy of them, then we have it backed up

[edit on 5/4/10 by blupblup]

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I tried to be objective when viewing this... fog of war and all that. But I see several reasons why this was irresponsible behavior:

1) When they claim they have identified an RPG (as Saeed was peeking around the corner), to me it is obvious that it is a camera. They didn't even bother to zoom in to confirm (which that made quite apparent that they could do later when they zoom in on the van).

2) The kids were very apparent in the van. The men didn't acknowlege them at all on the audio. It seems to me that they were suffering from operational blindness, meaning they were looking at people they had already decided were insurgents and never bothered to investigate further.

3) All of the quotes from the military higher ups that are saying "yes, this was a group of bad guys" is offensive to me. I have a son in the airforce and his fiance is in the Army. Another good friend of the family is also in the Army. Mistakes happen in war, it is unfortunate, but should be acknowledged. The fact that the brass covered it up is disgusting. I didn't see where the soldiers identified the camera and tripods instead of RPGs and AK47s...is that perhaps in the longer version?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Before Youtube removes this video, i strongly encourage members of this forum to download the video so it can be shared either here in ATS media or on other networking sites like facebook...

I watched the video, but only to about the 5th minute. I cannot watch this all the way, guess i find that it is too hard to watch. But nevertheless, it needs to be shared as much as possible. It stands as undeniable proof of the madness going on...

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
thank you for posting this!

war is sick. stop the madness!

+36 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Wow….. Unbelievable……and they kill everyone who shows up to help! I have never seen anything so unbelievable. I know mistakes can be made and war is hell but to shoot anyone holding what looks like a gun? Attacking first responders???? That sets a precedent! No wonder so many people hate us. Can you blame them? If that happened to someone in my family I would spend the rest of my life trying to kill everyone evolved.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

To add to these photos, the 2 children are sitting in the front passenger seat and at times you can see their heads sticking out the window. The two men are helping one of the only surviving iraq's who was shot.

The video starts with the helicopter crew flying over head a city with about 8 iraq's standing around and starting to slowly move to another area.

One or two of the people in the group had cameras with straps and the Helicopter crew thought they were ak47's. After a few minutes of circling and after seeing a guy peak around the corner with what they thought appeared to be a RPG, they decided to engage by firing at the large group of people, about 8 or so.

You see the men dive for safety and they shot most of the men as they were trying to get away. Most were probably dead but one guy was seen on a curb barely alive and slowly starting to crawl. A few minutes later a van pulls up and tries to help this lone survivor. Sadly the people who tried to help got "engaged" also, so did their children.

I also don't know how i feel about it. The cameras did look questionable but come on, they weren't pointing their "weapons" at the helicopters.

I think if i were an iraq and i saw huge metal birds hovering around me for 5 minutes circling me i would probably be scared out of my mind and start hiding and peaking around corners. That would be scary as #.

+11 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
It's terrorism either way you bottle it!!

Nothing more, nothing less ...

Add an apathetic public and a well controlled media and you have your reality!

The Youtube views are stuck at 359 on BTW.

Is there any morality left out there?

Sad

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join