It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks Video Released!!

page: 84
<< 81  82  83   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by brutalsun

I am sorry that humaitarian aid workers made your friend shorter.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by BeastMaster2012

I served as a F-16 Crew Chief in the Air Force for 8 years and this is horrible! I am a firm believer in fighting war as it is supposed to be fought, but those guys were trigger happy. Their lack of respect for the living and the dead is worthy of the deepest depths of hell. Even more reason why we should just stomp the hell out of the enemy and get out. Otherwise, our troops become unaffected by the loss of life and it is common place in an extended war. Those arm chair generals in Washington are despicable for letting this war last so long. Those troops should be court-marshaled. Their actions were not in accordance with the LOAC or rules of engagement! I would shoot them myself if I were their officer for dereliction of duty!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
It seems the government uses force a lot more than in years past. This is really sad development. Shame we cannot strive for world peace instead.

The videos of all this violence is very upsetting.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by HalfAWorldAway
OMG i just saw the video and i had to run to the bathroom to puke... i mean, how there "soldiers" feel themselves heroes, its an insult for the human kind that this stupid gunners and pilots have been born in the same place, shame on you, shame on your mother and your father, shame on you. What has humanity become!!! Is this what the glorious liberation force in iraq is doing!!!! sorry i need to puke again....

I mean they where so eager to shoot, they were almost begging to kill !!!! Shame on you, but you know, this guys will be chased by their sins and by the innocents they killed.

Somebody has to do something!!!!! And the mass media as always is shut in silence, this is a criminal act, i mean, its offensive its pathetic

Not to minimize this terrible mistake....but you had to go puke from watching some grainy video, in the comfort of your home. Then you had to go puke again. And yet, you seem to have no empathy for the guys who are in a theater of war, doing as they are ordered. You believe them to be criminals.

Yeah. Guys who are charged with killing people, at the behest of our government, talk some junk while performing these horrendous tasks. I've never been in a war situation. I am a first responder though, and am frequently in situations where emotionally charged things are taking or have taken place.

Using black humor and supportive comments to someone who has taken an action that would send most people into psychogenic shock...you know, like puking....is not only a common coping mechanism. It is necessary for sanity.

We have the cleanest and most dedicated military that has ever existed in human history. The Iraq war produced the lowest collateral human death and damage of any war ever fought between countries. Those men, while doing what they were ordered to do, made a terrible mistake. Do you think that after they found out, that they were whooping it up? Perhaps rather than condemning them, you could instead offer up a prayer for them. I'm pretty sure they will be carrying it for the rest of their lives.

Without men and women who are willing to do as they are ordered, without question, and with the inherent fallibility that we all share, we would not exist as a nation.

I say this, not to denigrate you. You are reacting to something. And you do not have the experiential knowledge to understand what it would be like to be in those circumstances. Hopefully you never will. But, I hope that will extend some compassion to those who are charged with that.

During WWII, it is estimated that less than 20% of soldiers in battle, ever even fired their weapons in the direction of an enemy combatant. IOW's 4 out of 5 soldiers, simply hid and cowered. That's normal. That's what most people do in the face of such horrible choices. Most people would rather be killed themselves, than kill others. That does not however, mean that our military capability should be predicated on these facts. Having a strong military prevents more death than it causes, simply because those who are ruthless and willing to kill and conquer, do not attack a strong nation.

The reason we send our soldiers to war, in units from the same area, is in response to that. Over literally a couple centuries of war experience, we have found that the strongest motivator for a soldier to perform the necessary tasks of war, is not the fear of getting killed. It's the unwillingness to let your buddies down. That is also why we have a professional military now. And it is why our military, imperfect as it still is, is made up of sheepdogs, rather than wolves.

I hope everyone here will buy and read the book, "On Combat". At the very least, click the link and read a few pages of the reviews of it, which contain much information too. Then offer up your thanks that you are not in the position that these guys are.

www.amazon.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Gasp!

This very much confirms what I have been saying about many things when it comes to how many people have died over there..

A Damn Shame is what this is..
Disgraceful to the good men and women who serve this country with honor..

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by juveous
---snippage--

The only thing I condemn is what the pilot said about the innocent child being killed, It that is really the full effect of detachment. many people in here can't imagine the adrenaline rush of "pay back" and whether or not you agree with it, there is an emotionless override to protect their actions and separates these guys from normal reality. If some people heard an everyday enlisted conversation in the marines you would probably think they belonged in an insane asylum. Because a lot of it is disconnected from everyday reality, at the same time, marines are human like the rest of the branches, and its really all a matter of perspective to those who have been trained in that mind set.

--more snippage--

Well spoken juveous. I would submit that the comment you referred to, was in the service of his friend and compatriot, who had just learned he had killed and/or wounded children. People who have been in situations of great stress like that, usually understand and appreciate the support of others who know what it feels like. Or perhaps he made it simply out loud, to preserve his own sanity, in the face of it.

Stay well.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
2:21 - 2:24 there is 2 guys with AK-47 and one with RPG-7

the AK-47's are ok, cause civilians use those, but the RPG-7 is a weapon that is designed to kill tanks, humvee's, personnel carriers, helicopters.

people should be pissed that some Idiot brought a RPG-7 to their photo shoot. that got everyone killed. its a weapon civilians dont use, that makes these guys not civilian. no civilian has any business with that weapon.

its lame the photographers got killed, but they were hanging out with a bunch of terrorist and they out of anyone should know this.

i would expect the same fate if i was in a war zone walking around with that type of weapon, and if i did that im sure people around me would end up dead also with 30mm DU munitions from a attack chopper.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
There's so many holes in this video to make a real assumption tbh. I swear I seen at least one AK-47. The guy shooting around the corner with a camera?, dumb. An inconspicuous van without emblem rushes in to help right after gunfire with the heli still in the air. Kids sitting shotgun adults in the back?

I do agree that they were way too trigger happy and unprofessional about it.

Doesn't the whole world know to wave a white flag, shirt or towel for surrender?

Was the color stripped from this video or is this normal military video? They mentioned blue van, or was that just eye witness?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Wow. That is completely disgusting. I think Wikileaks is going to have much more awareness now and hopefully they are hiding much more.

But when will people understand violence will only bring more violence. I'm sure those soldiers would have regretted it eventually but still...the government, wow, they have gone completely loony...I have no words to speak off after the video.

So sad

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Very sad event...the pilot was just itching/begging to fire and that is not professional in anyway. I wonder what that guy thinks of his actions now… hopefully he is haunted the rest of his life.

With that said that whole country should be haunted by the atrocities done from many groups…

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
What a horrible thing. I sympathize with both the families of the victims and the military personnel involved. It looks like it was a mistake. But then, I wasn't there, I haven't been there and I don't know what it is like. Maybe they could see something that we couldn't on the video, or vice-versa. But honestly, even though I find this to be quite tragic, This is nothing compared to the innocent deaths of past wars or what the toll could be if our military didn't take the care it does now.
The thing that really really bothered me, however, is I almost felt like I was playing a video game. For those who have ever played Call of Duty:Modern Warefare or Call of Duty:Modern Warefare 2, I felt like I could go grab my Xbox controller and start mowing people down. I've never really thought of actually killing People while playing the game, It's just a game, but seeing the actual footage of things I've been willing to do in a video game is quite unnerving to say the least.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Please have the gore removed from the video. Gore or links to gore are not allowed here. We must have the rule of law.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Excellent article from solider on the ground that day. Please read and pass on.

www.michaelmoore.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I hate the usa. I am ashamed to even be living here.

go to hell you murdering government bastards

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 81  82  83   >>

join