It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge (event) at Infowars.com alex jones "BIGGEST" anouncement ever coming tomorrow

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Doorman

I question anyone who joins ATS on the same day that this HOAX was perpetrated and has the audacity to come into these forums and defend Jones' reprehensible actions.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
So was this fake interview the "Huge announcement!!!!"?

What bs.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Exactly right, what Jones is really interested in is selling product. So what if he has to create the hype to get folks interested. It's all about the money.

The thing is, I think most of these people start out legit. I don't know much about Alex's background or start, but maybe he genuinely was after the truth at one point. But, from the bits and pieces I've seen over the past few years, I get the impression that he deperately needs to feed that ego of his and creates these false "events" that grow bigger and bigger with each DVD release. And that ego is directly proportional to the amount of $$$ he rakes in.

So today was the biggest event in the last 14 years? In 6 months or so, there will be something else bigger than this, timed with the next DVD release.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Freenrgy2

He was very defensive in the first few minutes of his news-shattering announcement, and he mentioned his $20-30k per month server/bandwidth costs and his annual budget of ~$1million.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2
reply to post by Doorman

I question anyone who joins ATS on the same day that this HOAX was perpetrated and has the audacity to come into these forums and defend Jones' reprehensible actions.

Huh? Nowhere did my posts defend AJ or anything of that nature.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clickfoot
reply to post by pewpewatu

Fair enough, but don't you think the reaction it's caused is a bit over the top? Why is it such a big deal? Most people apparently ignore AJ anyway.

[edit on 8-9-2009 by Clickfoot]

I think in part it's due to so many people being SO desperate for anything BIG to happen that will/can change the current course of this madness that we abandon cynicism and replace it with some much needed hope!

After all, we're not getting an iota of hope from anyone so when someone who claims to be a Truther and has the means and forum i.e., Alex Jones, announces that he has world-changing news, it makes people stop, hope and pray it's our lifeboat. But not only did this boat this morning, have a hole in it....it sank with its captain and it's very disheartening. That's all!

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Doorman

You're right. I apologize.

I'm tired and I read your post wrong.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
[edit on 8-9-2009 by truthquest]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Its quite possible that a lot of folks on this board trusted, believed and allowed themselves the cautious "hope", that for the first time in a long long time (because we are all suspicious cynics on Gov and rightly so) that Obama would or could finally be the catalyst for change that we all know has been so desperately needed in the Western World and ultimately globally - he is convincing and irrespectve of how cynical and guarded we all may be, when you heard Obama speak in a passionate, consistent and inspiring manner pre-election, then maybe some of us did believe that here is a man who 'Gets it".

And all of you that may have believed the above to some degree now feel let down, and not just in a minor way, but in a big way by the new President.

At the same time, many of you have followed Alex Jones, and have been aware of his sensationalist and not always appropriate journalistic style, but have nevertheless recognised that that there has been an element of truth and fact to what he has had to say on numerous (but not all) occasions - and lets face it, we have to respect that he has carved his niche successfully and knows how communicate to a large audience in an effective manner.

Thus it is no suprise that "prior" to the actual deadline of 11am Sept 9th 2009, that a lot of folks are somewhat "apprehensive, anxious or nervous" , no matter how this manifests, with regard to the announcement - as well all know that the hyperbole around the Alex Jones "Announcement" is BIG and AMBITIOUS even by his standards.

Who wants to get let down again? irrespective of how much we do or do not credit Alex Jones?

Who wants to see a supposed bastion (irrespective of whether we agree partly, in whole or not at all with his content or method) of underground news either live or die by this announcement as he surely will do?

This will either be a major coup for the the "underground news media", a major failure/setback/discreditation/INSERT OWN VOCABULARY, or something that could probably leave a sour taste in the mouth for quite a while - whilst some may say that they do not care, i think all of us probably care a little about the outcome of this, and this is why we see such division on the topic.

Thanks

Bravo

[edit for clarity and grandma on 8-9-2009 by Bravo111]

[edit on 8-9-2009 by Bravo111]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Charlie Sheen Is A Consummate Actor.
Alex Jone Is The Pinnacle of Conspiracy Theorist.

This Is The Truth

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I dont feel like reading through 42 pages of this thread.

Can someone please tell me why Alex Jones announcement has been deemed a hoax?

I went to infowars.com and read the interview, why- who- and what exactly has deemed it as a hoax?

I dont care either way--- just want to know, Thanks!!!

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

Go to the bottom of page 41. There is the short version.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrisonerOfSociety
reply to post by mental modulator

AJ said he had some monumental new info + guest; in the end it was just a fabricated article written by CS (apparently), purporting that he spoke with Barry for 20mins.

Originally there was no disclaimer that the CS article was fiction and only today did they insert a footnote saying it didn't happen.

Can i have my Brazilian now please? You can clothe her for transport, as customs may get their filthy mits on her first.

What are you talking about "only today" the initial story was posted today and it was corrected 1hr 30 minutes later you describe it like it was posted many days ago.

You are very deceptive.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by eldard
reply to post by madmax8

Hmm...so it's gonna be 9/9/09?

My thinking exactly. It would seem that someone has gone through A LOT of trouble to deliver for 09-09-09. Just, interesting...

[edit]After further digging, it would seem that indeed this was timed 09-09-09 or moreover 09-11-09 as this is the first anniversary of the 9-11 attacks for our new administration. There will be one interview on 09-09-09 and another on 09-11-09. If you listen to the audio clip of the brief interview from today with Sheen, you can confirm this for yourself.

Regards...[/edit]

[edit on 9-9-2009 by spectre76]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I still do not quite get exactly what has happened here.

The jist get is that AJ said there was some massive news (purportedly an interview between CS and Obama) and raised a load of hype. The transcript was then published and only later was a disclaimer added to state that this was in fact false and no interview ever happened.

Has Obama said anything about this yet?
What is this "open letter"?
Did Alex know that the transcript was not real?

This is a monumental screw up. I liked Alex before this and am thinking that there was some giant screw up somewhere and not a malicious hoax.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by george_gaz
I still do not quite get exactly what has happened here.

I think that the non-mainstream media must resort to "unusual" means of generating enough buzz to break through. Consider the contents of the package that is being presented here. Have you read the "20 minutes" transcript? Consider the size of the microphone that is scheduled to present this specific package. Admitted "viral marketing" for a good cause! Have a little faith and stay tuned to wait to see how this turns out before you condemn...

We do want this to be received with open minds, don't we..?

[edit on 9-9-2009 by spectre76]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I have read every post on every therad attacking this as a hoax. I have a right to my opinion as all of you do without being attacked or called names for my opinion so here I go.

I dropped my son off at school around 7:40 am this morning, I stopped by the store and then came home. I checked Inforwars.com at aprox 8:51 am as his show starts here at 9 am on the west coast, I read the interview between CS and Obama all the way through and honestly teh disclosure was at the bottom at that time. It wasn't posted later. Now after reading the interview and disclosure I was disappointed but decided to hear Alex explain how this was so important to the movement and while I was waiting to listen his website "all three of them" got over loaded and would not load properly for at least an hour.

I'm sorry that most of you didn't see the disclosure at the time of reading the interview but to say that it was posted later is simply a lie and to attack Alex by calling him a liar they you are all guilty of doing the same.

I don't know how this is going to help the movement but I do know truing our backs on people like Alex is not going to as well.

The score as I see it is:
Patriots 1
NWO 1
We got Van Jones out and somebody within TPTB is doing a really good job of discrediting Alex Jones to get him out.

I am ashamed of all of you!

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   
i am appalled that this is in the hoax section

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Rams59lb

You are calling everyone, who watched this story go online and did not see this disclaimer, because it was not there, a liar?
Then people started commenting the interview and get censored. Like that?

People should first read, then post.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by euleberlin

I'm telling you that I read the article on inforwars.com at 8:52 am this morning and the disclaimer was there becuase I read it myself and that is what disappointed me that it didn't really happen. But it was there at 8:54 when I was done reading it but when I tried to return to the home page the system was over loaded.

I beleive you are all missing the point and so be it.

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44 >>

join