It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massachusetts Senate pass bill 2028: Quarantine or $1000 a day fine for refusing the vaccine

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
MAN # THIS! I'M HEADING TO THE MOUNTAINS!

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

You are infering since my post can only imply. It cannot infer.

That said... If you have actually read what I've written in these posts you will realize my POV has little to do with the H1N1 vaccine specifically. There are inherent risks with every vaccine, every pharmaceutical of every ilk, every alternative therapy, every medical procedure. Period. In medicine it is about weighing risk. The risk associated with the treatment v. the risk of the disease.

My posts have been to elicit from anyone a reasonable course of action IF such a pandemic were to hit. Most of the posts on this thread have been all about how this is some draconian measure by the government to force vaccinate the population and/or drag us all off to the ovens at gun point. The bad-asses on the thread are even impressing us all with their gun collections so we know not to mess with them.

So what would you --- Mr. Spikey --- do if YOU were the Big Cheese in your government and some pandemic started to hit. Roughly 30% of the population is sick and ambulatory. Infected people want to go to the store, to work to school. The case mortality rate is appraching 2% and rising weekly. The pandemic is rapidly encroaching on your little part of the world. What do you do?

I've studied epidemiology data for pretty much every major disease. The correlation between vaccination programs and disease abatement is abundantly clear. But there are people, like yourself and FredT, that are convinced that all the data I've studied is cooked and supplied by 'Big Pharma' but the data you've seen is accurate and complete. There's no arguing with that POV.

My personal position on the H1N1 flu vaccine is the same as it has been on every flu season so far (all 57 of them). My work and limited public contact currently does not put me at-risk. If that should change between now and vaccination time and if the vaccine is made avaiable to me I'll be vaccinated. At present there isn't even enough vaccine for medical personnel, public safety personnel and at-risk cohorts.

What I'd like to know is where was all this public outrage 8yrs ago when Bush et al were engaged in shreding the Constitution? Out ferociously hunting for a American flag lapel pin? I just don't understand some people.

Oh, BTW, I live in MA. I'll be sure to get a message to you when the gestapo shows up at my door.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I'm sure someone mentioned this but... "An individual who is unable or unwilling to submit to vaccination or treatment"

So you can just take Tamiflu. This is reasonable, I don't want infected people walking all over the place untreated.

Besides, there's going to be a vaccine shortage apparently, they won't have enough for everyone to begin with.

Yeah, yeah, I know, that's just a "Scare Factor"

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I still don't think anyone has found any indication that this was passed into Mass. State Law. Posters posting "I'm outta here!!!" and "*$#@! this!" HAVE to be assuming it's already a law.
Pro or Con is still an issue because you can still write your Congressman to stop the bill from passing.
Panic after it's passed, folks, fight it until it does.
Cuhail

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

here you go
www.mass.gov...

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives in General Court assembled,
And by the authority of the same, as follows
:...

SECTION 1. Chapter 17 of the General Laws is hereby amended

enjoy the proof and the read

[edit on 26-8-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I find no evidence it has passed the House let alone been signed by the Governor of that State?

As far as the vaccine it is being put out in Australia now so if there are any issues we will find out shortly.

If this does turn into something like the 1918 outbreak, anyone not vaccinated will in fact be murderers having based their decision on paranoid fantasies.

Anyone have a credible source or peer reviewed study showing this vaccine which is already in use in many areas has hurt or killed anyone? The only thing I've seen is that you can not take it if you are allergic to eggs. If you don't want the shot and it gets bad, just say you are allergic to eggs and pray you don't cause any other people to die if you catch it and infect them.

The governments must look at this as the good of the whole. They are in the position of deciding do we risk a handful of deaths or bad reactions or possibly let thousands if not millions die. If it were up to you to make that call?

If you want no vaccines what is YOUR plan? How exactly and in detail would YOU deal with the resurgence of Polio, Chicken Pox, Small Pox, Mumps, Measles, Tetanus, Diphtheria, Whooping Cough and many other potentially fatal diseases that are currently under control thanks entirely due to vaccinations. Also if they stop vaccines, who takes responsibility for the deaths? The paranoid people who demanded it sure won't
If your own children die because of your paranoia who takes responsibility for that I wonder?

Conspiracy is one thing, but when you put others lives at risk it crosses over into the realm of paranoia and possible mental illness. They are not going to kill us on purpose with any flu and they are not going to round everyone up and put us into camps. They are simply trying to deal with the potential of another killer Pandemic like the one in 1918.

Take the time to visit an old graveyard. Find the section from during the 1918 outbreak and have a hard look at the mass of childrens graves and how they far outnumber the adult graves. I've done this. If you don't walk away from there in tears and educated you are either very cold blooded or blind. That is exactly what this is all about. Not some fantastic paranoid conspiracy theory. The Flu can kill millions if not tens or hundreds of millions worldwide. It is no conspiracy. It is no joke. If this strain turns bad, it could kill your own children.

If anyone believes even State Legislators are in on some grand conspiracy to kill all of us or lock us up in camps, you may want to review your own thoughts to see if they are sane or the product of some unfounded paranoia and in this case a paranoia that could be as deadly as the Flu.

[edit on 8/26/2009 by Blaine91555]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

here you go
www.mass.gov...

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives in General Court assembled,
And by the authority of the same, as follows
:...

SECTION 1. Chapter 17 of the General Laws is hereby amended

enjoy the proof and the read

[edit on 26-8-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

That is the Senate version. No House version has passed that is anywhere on the States site. The Senate version went to the House Ways and Means Committee and replaced the House version 108 (if I remember right) which had yet to be voted upon.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Line 604 Section 28 This Act shall take effect upon it's passage.

Future tense. It has not been passed into Law.

There are hurdles to jump before it does.

Fight now, Panic later.

Cuhail

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
A list of Acts submitted to the Governors office.

I read them all the way down to 2008. It's not there. That means you will have to wait for the House to either vote or shelve this Bill and then see if the Governor signs it as written.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Warrenb,

You are fighting a loosing battle here. It has not passed the House or the Governors pen yet. That is just how legislation works.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
S&F warrenb. I'm very sceptical about most of the theories surrounding the new flu & vaccination etc. But this law making is pretty scary. I've seen no evidence yet that indicates that this H1N1 is any more deadly than other flu strains, so why the panic?
Personally, when analysing a situation involving people, I think its always best to follow the money. Qui bono?

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunken Drum

This is what they are worried about as Flu mutates and may mutate to a strain as bad as the 1918 outbreak which took two years to run its course.

The 1918 flu pandemic (commonly referred to as the Spanish flu) was an influenza pandemic that spread to nearly every part of the world. It was caused by an unusually virulent and deadly influenza A virus strain of subtype H1N1...

...The pandemic lasted from March 1918 to June 1920[3], spreading even to the Arctic and remote Pacific islands. It is estimated that anywhere from 50 to 100 million people were killed worldwide.

Remember also in those days world travel was rare and these things spread slowly. Now with world travel taking hours instead of weeks, if this happens again it will spread very rapidly. The strain of flu now may mutate to a killer strain which could kill tens of millions. They are preparing just in case. You can't prepare after the fact. First they were torn apart by everyone for not being ready for Katrina and now that they are trying to prepare, they get criticized for doing exactly what people say they wanted.

The Flu is not a conspiracy, it is an act of God over which nobody has any control other than vaccines. The dilemma here is do you put out a new vaccine that might hurt a few to save millions of lives or do you just let the Flu kill and do nothing about it.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst

I advise everyone to pass on taking any swine flu vaccine unless
you have a compromised immune system.
There is something called "Natural Selection".
There have been flu pandemics in the past.
---------------------------------------------------
Due to the strength of our parents and grandparents DNA we can
face and overcome any flu. Just tough it out.
More importantly, just be smart.
Wash your hands and avoid crowds.
This flu will pass just like the others.
People may get in your face and use "fear" to convince you to get
the shot.
Just say "OK, i'm really, really, really afraid. Thank you very much
but i think i'll just pass on that swine flu shot. Have a nice day."

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Sidenote. Bird flu SARS became MARS when it hit the US. In discussion we concluded this is because most Americans are type O blood. whereas most Asia people are type A and B. Also type Os have the plague mutation that protected us from that epidemic.
If this flu is indeed the designer biological released by drug cartels from the Mexican government then there is a specific population it is after.

SIMS say that it will hit directly after Ramadan which would be good timing. 40 days puts us in October. Good time to be the gravedigger.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by JJay55

I have Type "O" blood!
Yes!
I'll send a thank you email to my parents tonight!
I heard the USA has the strongest most well diversified DNA on Earth.
The great melting pot. Our diversity is our strength in more ways than
one.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by JJay55
Also type Os have the plague mutation that protected us from that epidemic.

That is seriously cool! I did not know that. Can you explain he mutation? What exactly is it that is mutated?

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Hello. I'm new and usually just lurk, but this time I have to speak up. I am scared! This situation is way out of control. I am a RN at a NY Hospital and let me tell you that we are weeks away from mandatory vaccinations for employees. You don't get vaccinated, you don't work. No job, no money I love my job and I just bought a house, but I DO NOT want to take this freakin vaccine. I am terrified and I don't know what to do. It doesn't seem like there is any way around this. I need my job, but I don't want that s**t in my body. This is not like the typical flu vaccine where you can sign a waiver and be done with it. Sorry or the rant, I'm really freaking out. Any thoughts?

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst

I advise everyone to pass on taking any swine flu vaccine unless
you have a compromised immune system.

I'm not disputing your logic here as long as you are qualified to give medical advice. In which State or Country do you hold a license to practice medicine and give medical advice? Are you and MD or a PA? Thanks for your reply.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
double post, sorry

[edit on 8/26/2009 by Blaine91555]

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join