It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd-looking Military Aircraft in the Alaskan Wilderness

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by darthlung1

No actually they aren't my grandfather designed them and he said it is all wrong on the "size and everything". It is most likely a mock up of a type they are testing or an artificial field designed for sighting practice. The latter of which he is leaning toward. ( new pilots are tested on their ability to control the system in an efficient way)
They do need to not only practice; but test systems on a regular basis to make sure that the sighting is on target with what the pilot is aiming at. (That Ole computers don't make mistakes people do adage)
We all do the same thing with the sights on our guns; why would they not do the same with a sighting system for a jet? You do need to make sure it is dialed in right with the way the pilot flies and targets!

And that was the end of that convo couldn't go any further.

P.S.
You can also be looking at an entire section and NOT notice that there are over a dozen buildings that are under camo with bushes and trees thrown on top people.

[edit on 28-8-2009 by xoxo stacie]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Good find. Very curious indeed. The government is always hiding things.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarp2000
WOW, what a trail of companies.
Reminds me of how Black Ops, shill accounts are organized

Bank Offices
With locations in Brussels, Hong Kong and GRAND CAYMAN, we combine global reach and international capabilities, including foreign exchange, multi-currency accounts and trade services.

Fifth Third area leasing portfolio above $100MM
The publication ranked Fifth Third in the top 10 among 40 United States bank-affiliated equipment leasing companies

www.53.com.../wps/wcm/connect/FifthThirdSite/CommercialArea/Equipment+Leasing/ " target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">www.53.com

Equipment Leasing Company Leasing for all government agencies ... Fifth Third Leasing provides equipment financing and leasing services

www.allbusiness.com...

These guys are big... never came across them before

53?
what happened to 52
No I will have to look

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarp2000

That area is full of stuff... but mostly all trough the trees are arrays of some kind laid out in grids. Hard to spot unless you look close. Had these done but waited for BlasterR to post

A line running off the bottom ends with a triangle

Here is one of the areas with the grid stuff, but there are many

www.thelivingmoon.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ajsr71
That new location is the BLAIR LAKES RANGE FACILITY. Fuel/ maintenace for ground equipment using the Range.

Yuppers Bang on
even though everyone missed that

Blair Lake Air Force Range, AK

Air Force Range located inside the Fort Wainwright Military Reservation. Hard to find any information on what exactly goes on here, but it is listed as an active military installation. There are some mentions that there may be occasional satellite launches from here

wikimapia.org...

Blair Lakes Range Maintenance Complex - Eielson Air Force Base, AK

Located 20 air mi. southwest of Eielson Air Force Base, Blair Lakes is a conventional bombing range used by Department of Defense personnel from Eielson AFB and Elmendorf AFB. It is accessible year-round via a 2,500-ft.-long gravel airstrip, while from mid-January to mid-March via an ice road built across Alaskan rivers and tundra.

The $16.7 million design-build project for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers involves construction of a bulk fuel storage facility, a 20-person dormitory, and vehicle and range maintenance bays located one mile from the existing facilities. The 2,800-sq.-meter complex features water, septic, power generation, communications, and fire protection systems.

Once design was complete, materials were procured and mobilized to the project site via the ice road to minimize costs. Kiewit Construction Company, a subsidiary of Kiewit Corporation, began construction in the spring and substantially completed the project in November 2004.

www.kiewit.com...

Major construction going on

[edit on 28-8-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by airforcephotographer
reply to post by BlasteR

Sir,

This is all a good theory. But I am an Air Force photographer stationed at Elmendorf Air Force Base. I flew to the above-mentioned location in a C-12 yesterday to take pictures of the C-17's stationed here doing dirt-landings and assisting in an Army Pre-Deployment Training Exercise. All the airstrip is used for is practicing dirt landings. Nothing special about it really. The remote location is only to keep the complaints down from locals on the noise, dust disturbance etc. that this causes with each landing. Also it is close to a sister Army base and gives us a good location in assisting with their many exercises in which they are not equipped to practice air-exercise. Please let me know if you have any other questions on this particular landing strip. Thanks!

SrA Laura ------

Air Force Photographer? That sounds like an easy job.
I should have joined the Air Force instead.
What kind of aircraft are those on the ground?
Have you seen any F-22 Rapters up there?
What does SrA mean???

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
What does SrA mean???

The Airman Tier

This tier consists of airman basic (AB), airman (Amn), airman first class (A1C), and senior airman (SrA). It is the first tier of the three-tier enlisted force structure. As a member progresses from AB to SrA, he or she acquires the discipline, skills, and PME necessary to become eligible for NCO status.

usmilitary.about.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Looks like a F-16 to me.

But what do I know? I'm just a F-16 crew chief.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Voiceoftreason
Sorry to curb your enthusiasm. Those are F-15s from Elmendorf AFB. Same as the ones at Tyndall AFB, for example. Nice post and interesting place for sure though.

30°4′43″N 85°34′35″W

I kind thought looked like a 16, just because of the strakes before the wings, but I guess it could be one of those twin tailed ***s.

I keed, but 16s forevah.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Forget it I see the air induction ramps to the intakes.

FantasmaTaans: EPIC FAIL.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by BlasteR

Most Likely they are F-22's

F-22 pic

Some are known to be assigned in Alaska.

* 3d Wing, Elmendorf Air Force Base, Alaska
o 90th Fighter Squadron - Converted from F-15Es; first F-22A arrived 8 August 2007.[135][136]
o 525th Fighter Squadron
* 477th Fighter Group, Elmendorf AFB, Alaska. Air Force Reserve Command (AFRC) unit.
o 302d Fighter Squadron Associate AFRC squadron to the 3 WG.

Lots of info on these birds here:

F-22 Raptor at Wikipedia

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Dunno what it is... but everyone seems to miss the size issue then they pop in and identify these things.

Length: ~ 31 feet for the body, ~ 38 feet nose to tip of the tail.

Wingspan: ~ 28 feet

Body width ~ 10 feet.

F-14 Tomcat spread: Length 62 ft 9 in Wingspan 64 ft

MiG-27 Flogger spread: Length 56 ftWingspan 45 ft 3 in

F-22 Raptor: Length 62 ft 1 in Wingspan44 ft 6 in

Mig-25 Foxbat: Length 64 ft 10 inWingspan 45 ft 11.5 in

F/A-18 E/F Super Hornet: Length 60 ft 1¼ in Wingspan 44 ft 8½ in

F/A-18 Hornet C/D: Length 56 ft Wingspan 40 ft

F-15 Strike Eagle: Length 63 ft 9 in Wingspan 42 ft 10 in

F-16 Fighting Falcon: Length 49 ft 5 in Wingspan 32 ft 8 in

Mig-29 Fulcrum: Length 57 ft Wingspan 37 ft 3 in

F-14 Tomcat swept: Length 62 ft 9 in Wingspan 38 ft

MiG-27 Flogger swept: Length 56 ft Wingspan24 ft 3 in

And yes, we know that Google Earth is relatively accurate at this latitude. A test measurement of some tractor trailers on the North Slope demonstrated this.

For Ex_MislTech... nice AS-616 up on the forward mast behind the SPG-55s....(above the SER-1s)

[edit on 29-8-2009 by RoofMonkey]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

This is taken from USARAK Regualtion 350.2 Table B2, Page B-8 (P118)

Aircraft Mock-Up
Location UC545942
A training facility used to rehearse loading/unloading procedures for C-130, C-141, and C-5A aircraft.
See the
range SOP for special instruction

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Some people are letting imaginations go rampant and wild. The most obvious and simple answer is probably going to be the most correct. These are not secret prototype aircraft, or F-22s or F-35s parked as a secret tundra airstrip that is totally lacking in ground equipment, unless you want to think those are there but secretly cloaked. Or especially prototype stealth aircraft and super secret UAVs

Nor would you have high performance jet aircraft taking off of said tundra either. Many of you have never been to Alaska, but in the summer, much of that tundra is wet and soft.

Red Flag Alaska is a big exercise, involving air superiority, counter air, tactical interdiction, and heavy bombers. Germany even sends Tornados over too as strike aircraft.

If you see what looks like fighter aircraft parked on a leveled tundra surface that is lacking any of the required equipment and logistics to support said aircraft, then its not going to be operational aircraft.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by FantasmaTaans

This one's for you!
I'm a PILOT and I don't give a DAMN!

edit: There are some big-boy words for those who have delicate ears.

[edit on 8/29/09 by emsed1]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by firepilot
Some people are letting imaginations go rampant and wild.

Pssstttt

Sign on door says...

"AboveTopSecret World's Largest and Best Conspiracy Site"

We look for 'stuff', toss it around until its identified, then look for new 'stuff'

Besides why does the Military need so much land for training? 670,000 acres? Lush forests stripped away for bombing practice?

Heck we already kicked all the Natives off the Paradise Islands and turned them into bases and launch sites. Seems half of Alaska is military turf...

No wonder the Federal Reserve can't account for 9 TRILLION BUCKS this last fiscal year

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Lots of land needed but they do try to look after it with Monitoring and Conservation programs.

Document at this link.

USARAK - 5 YEAR RANGE PLAN

[edit on 29-8-2009 by ajsr71]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ajsr71

Nice snag. From your reference, and overlaid on Goog Maps, that puts the Craft site in a "Dudded Impact Area".

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d36df776b4ee.png[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ajsr71
Lots of land needed but they do try to look after it with Monitoring and Conservation programs.

Well okay... maybe they are a little more 'eco friendly' these days... but that Nevada test site is gonna be hot for at least 25,000 years
I mean 900 plus nukes? How many do you need to decide "Yup they work!"

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
digitalglobe has the original coords down as "Sullivan Airstrip" ?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/dc39b11505b68ca4.png[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/6e5af1a2a3b1f237.png[/atsimg]

Catalog ID: 1020010007E21D00
Capture date: 2009/07/03

[edit on 29-8-2009 by Stoo]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join