It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disk Shaped UFO Over Snowdonia 24/07/2009

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jubjub
Ok!
Just to make a point I put some water on my finger, flipped it at my kitchen windows and took a photo with my cellphone.
In the first picture you can clearly see the "alien ship" and in the second one it's clear to see that it's just a drop of water.

I guess if I tried a couple more times the drop could look sharper as I'm not really sure what the camera was focusing on - I just took the picture.

Question Jubjub: In your experiment there, is that the same water droplet that we're seeing in both pictures?

Although, at first glance, your experiment would seem to adequately explain away this object as a water droplet, I don't agree and still think it's incomplete. For starters you've only used 1 drop and there's nothing else to compare angles of view to. In the OP pic there is clearly 1 other (if not a few other) drops on that window that we can use as a visual comparison to the object in question.

One HAS to look at the plane on which the drops are sitting on the window (IOW the angle of view) (credit to berryguurl for this). Use the very prominent raindrop as a comparison. One can see that it is on the same angle(plane) as the window AND reflects from the top right to bottom left. (IOW the light source at the top right reflects in the bottom left of the rain drop) You can also make this out in the 3 other rain drops (albeit faint) to left of the main one. But why not the object on the right?

The OP pic: (right click to view the whole thing)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/96a000a8d8c0.jpg[/atsimg]

To further drive home my point, Ive taken my own picture of actual raindrops on the outside of my kitchen window. The sky is somewhat similar to what the sky was like in the OP pic. There are also multiple drops that will allow you to see that no matter where on the window plane a particular drop sits, it reflects the light the same way and they all look like raindrops.

This pic was taken with an Iphone 3GS (right click and open in a new window to view the whole thing)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/54f2518cb0e8.jpg[/atsimg]

In the OP pic the water drop and the object in question look nothing alike- even though they should be only inches apart on that window. They don't reflect the same way and they don't sit on the same viewing angle or plane either. The object looks to be more on the same plane as the mountain than on the window and more in the background than in the foreground.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I must say this is great comedy, your picture is obviously a fake. A bad attempt at best, but none the less I will give you 1 star for your attempt. I think guys like you love posting things like this because it makes you feel good when you get a "wow", or thats "strange", well I got news for you, the only thing strange here is the fact that a grown man would do something as silly as a child to try to convince others that he got a genuine picture of an alien spaceship.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr_XIM
I must say this is great comedy, your picture is obviously a fake. A bad attempt at best, but none the less I will give you 1 star for your attempt. I think guys like you love posting things like this because it makes you feel good when you get a "wow", or thats "strange", well I got news for you, the only thing strange here is the fact that a grown man would do something as silly as a child to try to convince others that he got a genuine picture of an alien spaceship.

I am not a man! I'm really pleased you think it is a fake, really, it is a compliment! I am useless with a computer/technology

[edit on 26-7-2009 by Beauty_HairyBeast]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr_XIM

Care to elaborate on your opinion. What is so "obviously fake" about her picture that you would give her a star for?

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr_XIM

Wow what a moron. First he can't even see her avatar showing a female. Second of all he is able to give scientific hypothetical opinions as obvious facts by looking with his naked eye. Very critical thinker here. I believe imo it is more then likely a raindrop, but that is an opinion. Second of all I doubt she is as pathetic as someone like you to where a wow from a person she has never met actually makes her day, unlike you apparently.

What are you contributing, aside from looking like the village idiot?

[edit on 26-7-2009 by prepare4it777]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by PhotonEffect

It definitely looks fake as it is, I already pointed out a few discrepancies in the previous page, there's also the 2 horizontal bars on the left side of the ufo. All in all, there's no way this can be a saucer because nothing about it is the same at all sides, especially because it seems to be looking down at the camera, which would especially make the details perfectly uniform if that was the case.

OP if you're reading this and since you have not replied to my previous posts and questions, that particular UFO was not a good choice for this photo.

[edit on 7/26/2009 by bl4ke360]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by bl4ke360

It definitely looks fake as it is, I already pointed out a few discrepancies in the previous page, there's also the 2 horizontal bars on the left side of the ufo. All in all, there's no way this can be a saucer because nothing about it is the same at all sides, especially because it seems to be looking down at the camera, which would especially make the details perfectly uniform if that was the case.

OP if you're reading this and since you have not replied to my previous posts and questions, that particular UFO was not a good choice for this photo.

I can only say to you that my picture is not a fake, you are entitled to not believe me.
I am not here to fool around, this thread has taken up so much of my time and effort , im feeling pretty drained/tired/excited so please excuse me if I did not get back to your post's but as you think it is fake, there really is no point in replying!

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Well prepare, since you feel the need to attack me and call me childish names, this about sums it up doesn't it, put you right on her level didn't it. I really wouldn't waste time looking at an avatar, thats proably fake too, anyone who would post something as this and try to pass it off as some sort of ufo, really doesn't get much attention from me. I only wanted to reply to say "clap" "clap" but I got money that saids my 9 year old could have done better using photoshop, or better yet her little laser pen.

So please, attack me more and call me names, I can see what type you are, anyone who burst your bubble, or knocks what you believe is a what was it, oh yes a "moron", why your at it look that word up and see what a "moron" actually is. The picture is not a alien space craft, it's not a ufo!

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beauty_HairyBeast

I can only say to you that my picture is not a fake, you are entitled to not believe me.
I am not here to fool around, this thread has taken up so much of my time and effort , im feeling pretty drained/tired/excited so please excuse me if I did not get back to your post's but as you think it is fake, there really is no point in replying!

Pay no attention to the anti Tesla conspiracy.
The Tesla creation is to be denied at ever instance.
The ether ship must exist since so many never heard or want it to be known.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Well prepare, since you feel the need to attack me and call me childish names, this about sums it up doesn't it, put you right on her level didn't it. I really wouldn't waste time looking at an avatar, thats proably fake too, anyone who would post something as this and try to pass it off as some sort of ufo, really doesn't get much attention from me. I only wanted to reply to say "clap" "clap" but I got money that saids my 9 year old could have done better using photoshop, or better yet her little laser pen.

So please, attack me more and call me names, I can see what type you are, anyone who burst your bubble, or knocks what you believe is a what was it, oh yes a "moron", why your at it look that word up and see what a "moron" actually is. The picture is not a alien space craft, it's not a ufo!

You are being very rude and making assumptions of how I feel when you do not know me!

"but I got money that saids my 9 year old could have done better using photoshop, or better yet her little laser pen"

but I got money? What do you mean by this?

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne

Originally posted by Beauty_HairyBeast

Pay no attention to the anti Tesla conspiracy.
The Tesla creation is to be denied at ever instance.
The ether ship must exist since so many never heard or want it to be known.

Please excuse my ignorance but what is the Tesla creation, why must it be denied and also the ether ship?

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Look Mrs, I am not trying to call you names or anything along those lines, however I do believe you know exactly what is there. I can plainly see where this image is an optical illusion, small object, proably on the outside of the window, or the camera itself. With the mountains and back drop as it is, gives the small object the appearence of floating over a mountain. By you giving this thread the title of ufo, you must understand that brings great responses, and a few will be skeptical as mine is. I am sorry but this is nothing more than an optical illusion, and that can be any number of things, and even something you had a hand in! Good day, and I am done with this!

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by bl4ke360

Well then, in regards to your previous post...

Originally posted by bl4ke360
After examination, it's obvious the ufo is far from perfect, as you can see in these images after zoom. I made the area around the ufo black so you can see every exact pixel of the ufo.

Far from perfect is a stretch no? I mean I look at your images and see that if you're referring to the objects shape, the entire image is off perfect symmetry by 2 maybe 3 pixels. These could've been inadvertently blacked out by you... To me (according to your zoom in) it's pretty damn close to being a perfect symmetrical shape...

Now what doesn't make sense to me, is how the camera is thousands of feet lower than the ufo,

Thousands of feet??? How were you able to determine this? And if you think that the camera is "thousands of feet" lower than the object then what you're essentially saying is that the object is out in the distance somewhere (possibly over the mountain) and not on the window.

...and if the dark bar across the middle of it is supposed to resemble the middle of the disc, it means the ufo is tilted down about 45 degrees.

And how do you determine this too??? There's no way to make such a distinction. And who's to say what the "dark bar across the middle" is supposed to resemble?

Are you an expert in analyzing photographs at a low resolution? If so would you mind posting other examples of what you're talking about so we may better understand.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Beauty_HairyBeast

Don't let them get too you. It may well turn out to be a reflection refracted through a raindrop, but with what we have, nobody could say that.

I think you are being honest and only posting what you believe.

The biggest problem is that even with the raw file there may not be enough information to be definitive.

On top of that, you could give ten experts in digital photography and CG the same image and get different opinions.

What I keep hoping for is good clear photo's taken with the right equipment. Someday perhaps.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Don't let them get too you. It may well turn out to be a reflection refracted through a raindrop, but with what we have, nobody could say that.

I think you are being honest and only posting what you believe.

The biggest problem is that even with the raw file there may not be enough information to be definitive.

On top of that, you could give ten experts in digital photography and CG the same image and get different opinions.

What I keep hoping for is good clear photo's taken with the right equipment. Someday perhaps.

Im not too bothered with what he thinks but would really like to know why he said this -

"I only wanted to reply to say "clap" "clap" but I got money that saids my 9 year old could have done better using photoshop, or better yet her little laser pen".

Im just not sure what he is trying to imply?

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Excellent post, one thing you neglected to mention is that the windows the two examples were taken through are, presumably flat glass. The window in the vehicle is quite clearly curved...

The upper raindrop, to hazard a glues, shows signs of being *pushed* upwards by the motion of the car and the airflow over it.. The object displays neither of these. To dismiss it as another raindrop, seems to me, at first sight, to be completely ignoring the law of physics. I don't see how the shape of the object conforms to the curve of the window glass at all. It would have to be something akin to a fracture in the window glass, which, if it were on the front windscreen, would make the car illegal to drive, because of its' size. It might be something on the window itself, but but i very much doubt it is a water drop..

it is wholly, and totally amusingly ironic that. The very people who spend most of their lives quoting the laws of physics, when it comes to the theory of interstellar travel, are the first to abandon them when it comes to the real world...

if it was a rain drop it would have clearly defined curved edges, as does the actual raindrop. Unless it's some inherent weakness with the camera lens that took the picture, i think we can dispense with the rain drop theory without much more thought...

Raindrops on a curved car window

Raindrops modelled on a flight sim on a curved window

I'd respectuflully suggest some people have spent wholly too long living in the cyber world and have forgotten what the real world actually looks like...

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   

No it's not far at all from a stretch, saying it's nowhere near perfect like it should be if it was a uniform saucer. And if you think I purposefully blacked out pixels from the image, look for yourself at me zooming in on the original photo. I captured a video of exactly what I did.

www.megaupload.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
A rain drop with its own light source.
On a cloudy day.
A 45 degree line of light, up in the air, never seen by the photographer.

Well perhaps the photographer did see a light and why the picture.
Don't recall if the disk was unseen but its hard to ignore in the picture.

Are we looking at some of the photos by people that just happened
by a UFO rescue operation. Were other people parked at the spot.
An interesting scenario.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   

I thought it was a cool photo..i liked it..gives us something to make 17 pages of interest on...lol..

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Good day, and I am done with this!

Firstly, you don't know for a FACT that it's just a visual anomaly - so stop acting like you do. It doesn't make you sound smart. Quite the opposite, actually.

For the record, I think it IS just a visual glitch - something on the window or a weird refraction from a raindrop or something. But hey, you never know. It's just not conclusive one way or another and we'll probably never really know what it was.

I don't think for one second the OP has faked this in any way either. I'm 99% sure that the picture is ligit.

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join