It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disk Shaped UFO Over Snowdonia 24/07/2009

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Yes, I've had a look at the picture. Ive enlarged it, squinted at it, stared at it, and it's still a raindrop. I know which raindrop she is referring to, its the drop that's just above the hill.

She wants to believe its a craft fair enough. I'm seeing a raindrop. Simple as that

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
brilliant!!
18 pages so far of people working themselves into a photoshop filter fest lather over a raindrop on a closed car window.

this site is awesome!

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by djusdjus
brilliant!!
18 pages so far of people working themselves into a photoshop filter fest lather over a raindrop on a closed car window.

this site is awesome!

And 18 pages of people failing to give any actual concrete reasoning as to why it is a raindrop. Just... it's a raindrop , cos i say it is... brilliant that, science in its' purest form...

[edit on 28-7-2009 by FireMoon]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beauty_HairyBeast

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by Daisy-Lola

I have had a few sightings recently with my own eye's and also took another picture not long ago which has a Ufo/satelite in it, I started a thread but again had problems with the image size.

I cant really investigate the area that I took the picture, I was just on a day trip but I have seen things in my home town.

I am in a really positive phase of my life at the minute and everything seems to be falling into place.

Well sounds like you are in the state of Tantric yes I was reading about last night, very beautiful space to be in and yes things do happen, gifts from existence when you just say yes. So Yes!!

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by djusdjus

I see the raindrop (on the left) but i do see that which is being analyzed at the right of the raindrop on the car window, by the hilltop. Is it the raindrop which is quite clearly a raindrop that some are focusing on alone or the actual yet unknown/unclear object?

If she can get the photos her friend took that would be great but for now i can wait for Springer and team.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon

And 18 pages of people failing to give any actual concrete reasoning as to why it is a raindrop. Just... it's a raindrop , cos i say it is... brilliant that, science in its' purest form...

What would you like as concrete reasoning?

Here's my reasoning:
There's raindrops on the other parts of the glass and a possible smeared fly.
There's rainclouds in the picture.
It's photographed in Wales, well known for it's rain.
She's photographed it on a mobile phone, not known for its focusing abilities.
It's a single image and she has pointed out that she didn't notice it when she was taking the picture.

How much more concrete reasoning do you need?

Tell you what FM, it's raining at the moment and I've got a drive home. I have my phone with me, I'll take a few pictures of the raindrops on the windows, as viewed from inside. Would that satisfy you?

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   

reply to post by Daisy-Lola

I have had a few sightings recently with my own eye's and also took another picture not long ago which has a Ufo/satelite in it, I started a thread but again had problems with the image size.

I cant really investigate the area that I took the picture, I was just on a day trip but I have seen things in my home town.

I am in a really positive phase of my life at the minute and everything seems to be falling into place.

Well sounds like you are in the state of Tantric yes I was reading about last night, very beautiful space to be in and yes things do happen, gifts from existence when you just say yes. So Yes!!

Yes Yes yessssss!!!!!

2nd line......Yesssssss

I will look up this state of tantric later today..sounds interesting!

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daisy-Lola

What would you like as concrete reasoning?

Here's my reasoning:
There's raindrops on the other parts of the glass and a possible smeared fly.
There's rainclouds in the picture.
It's photographed in Wales, well known for it's rain.
She's photographed it on a mobile phone, not known for its focusing abilities.
It's a single image and she has pointed out that she didn't notice it when she was taking the picture.

How much more concrete reasoning do you need?

Tell you what FM, it's raining at the moment and I've got a drive home. I have my phone with me, I'll take a few pictures of the raindrops on the windows, as viewed from inside. Would that satisfy you?

Well, how about something that is based on the laws of physics?

I'd like someone to explain the formula for how raindrop can appear to be that particular shape on a curved piece of glass.

As it stands, at this moment, i don't see any basis in science for the raindrop explanation. Glitch in the camera, mark on the window, insect, possibly yes, but raindrop, right now I'm struggling to work out how it could be that shape on a curved window..

Surely someone has the maths to explain its' appearance if it a raindrop? I'd be happy to see it and revise my opinion. Till then, the raindrop thesis doesn't seem to hold water (sic) to my mind..

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   

I'd like someone to explain the formula for how raindrop can appear to be that particular shape on a curved piece of glass.

As it stands, at this moment, i don't see any basis in science for the raindrop explanation. Glitch in the camera, mark on the window, insect, possibly yes, but raindrop, right now I'm struggling to work out how it could be that shape on a curved window..

Surely someone has the maths to explain its' appearance if it a raindrop? I'd be happy to see it and revise my opinion. Till then, the raindrop thesis doesn't seem to hold water (sic) to my mind..

Sure, Snell's Law deals with light refraction. You're looking at the bending of light through the droplet. The image behind the droplet is lensed. That's high school physics.
scienceworld.wolfram.com...

You want simpler physics because the Snell Law is too much? Try this then
home.howstuffworks.com...
Water Tension
home.howstuffworks.com...
Lenses

If it's still too much, let me know and I'll see if one of my kids can explain it for you.

True to my word, here is a picture from my camera phone of an alien craft outside my house. Didnt do the car as when I drive (and the OP was sitting still as is apparent by the other raindrops) the raindrops streak more

img39.imageshack.us...

There, above the tree. Bizzare isnt it?!??! It's droplet of water on my window

Or do you want picture of a straight raindrop?

mujuworld.files.wordpress.com...

[edit on 28/7/09 by Daisy-Lola]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daisy-Lola

Sure, Snell's Law deals with light refraction. You're looking at the bending of light through the droplet. The image behind the droplet is lensed. That's high school physics.
scienceworld.wolfram.com...

[edit on 28/7/09 by Daisy-Lola]

Actually a water droplet on a curved plane will always give, in some form or other, of a positive meniscus, or a negative meniscus lens. As to which, i am not exactly sure in any given circumstance...

As I've had an interest in Astronomy for most of my life i have a pretty strong grasp of lens and optics. And all raindrops on a window form some sort of lens so Snell's basics is a bit like trying to explain quantum physics using one can of alphabet spaghetti

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

reply to post by Munro_DreadGod

Thanks for the flag

Yeah I had a quick search but couldnt see anything on google similar so far anyway....

My excitement and wonder for my pic is growing by the minute.
I recently snapped another UFO and also me and my hubby have seen a few strange things over the past few weeks in our own home town - its all happening lately on the ufo front...very odd?!

I CALL HOAX/BS! You recently snapped another UFO? Really? Come on people this all screams nonsense. Sorry but if anything it's something on the window. WOW What made me look at this thread was all the replies. And you wonder why people have a hard time taking us seriously??

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Just my quick opinion, but it would seem to me that the object is either A) on the glass or B) not in the original photo.

If you look at the mountain line, you can see the 'bloom' like effect of the light along the top of the mountains. However, the same effect is not seen on the object in question, meaning it most likely isn't there.

My reasoning: If it were above the mountains, the lighting effect would be the same. If it were behind them, it would probably be IN the clouds. If it were closer, then it would likely be bigger, as most UFOs are typically the size of planes or larger, with the exception of 'orbs'.

If this even occured and someone eyewitnessed it, then forgive me for trying to bash the picture, but every photo has to be picked clean before it's worth getting excited about these days.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Demonis
Just my quick opinion, but it would seem to me that the object is either A) on the glass or B) not in the original photo.

If you look at the mountain line, you can see the 'bloom' like effect of the light along the top of the mountains. However, the same effect is not seen on the object in question, meaning it most likely isn't there.

Actually I've blown the picture up and the object actually seems to fit in perfectly with the *bloom* around the horizon... Doesn't make it an alien craft, by any means. but if it's a deliberate fake it's been done with no little care with regards to to expected artifacts.. Or is an incredible fluke by someone , probably not that au fait with CGI..

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I've got the analysis back from Jeff Ritzmann and I want to thank Jeff for taking the time to do this for us.

Posted in this exam write up are 2 screen grabs. The image was dropped into LAB color, and you'll see the enlarged LAB color and an adjusted B channel.

This is without question, a raindrop, shaped much like a lateral oval. It this were a disc structure with a flat bottom as it appears, the B channel would not show anything under the "disc" object. However, we get a bottom edge oval shape. The reason this is visible, and the reason for the illusion is that raindrops depending on the viewing angle and horizon, reverse the image refracted inside the water like a lens. The bottom of the "disc" here is the horizon in reverse. The sky is represented in the bottom of the raindrop. However, because the viewing angle is seeing the drop IN the sky as a background, the sky and reflection are nearly the same color value.

After LAB color mode is employed, we can see the slight difference in the bottom of the drop's reflection of the sky and the regular sky seen behind the drop.

In the 2 examples seen here, the LAB color mode version shows a blowup of the object in question (lab1.jpg). Note that the color values firstly are identical to the environment. Thats your first clue. The blue lateral lines are confining (rather graciously) the image perceived as a disc with a flat bottom.

The other black and white image is an auto-adjusted B channel of the same image without the blue guides removed or moved from the previous full LAB color (lab2_B.jpg). Note that now below the bottom line which contained the "disc" we have a solid light under-arc. This is the bottom of the raindrop which is refracting sky, which varies in color so slightly that in the regular RGB image it's simply invisible which completes the illusion. But LAB color gives us the ability to break down the channels in a different way and examine them. LAB is Lightness with color opponent A and B dimensions based upon CIE XYZ color space (CIELAB). LAB can get you really into subtle areas just not visible in any RGB channel operations.

So, there's your raindrop disc.

I don't believe the shooter had any intention of fooling anyone, it's an honest mistake and had those other drops not been there - we'd only have the threatening clouds to suggest rain. There was no intent of a hoax here, so no witch hunts and berating people. It's just a misidentification. They happen all the time.

Jeff Ritzmann

Lab image 1
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/73432d510014.jpg[/atsimg]

LAB image 2

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fae1cfb361e3.jpg[/atsimg]

LAB image 2 cropped
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9ea0c3bb080b.jpg[/atsimg]

I want to emphasize what Jeff says in his report, there is NO REASON to be anything less than civil with "Beauty", she is an Honest Agent and cooperated FULLY with getting this report done.

We won't tolerate rude "I told ya so's" or any form of berating here. This is AboveTopSecret.com after all.

Springer...

[edit on 7-28-2009 by Springer]

[edit on 7-28-2009 by Springer]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   

I want this to be a Ufo so bad but I have to think now that it may be a water droplet ( Just to tone down my excitement and slow my heart rate )

Thanks for sending that to Springer.

Don't worry, if it turns out to be a water drop. You are handling this the right way so your covered either way. We know you are being honest.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
As I said before, the "saucer" is not uniform, at all.

[edit on 7/28/2009 by bl4ke360]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

[edit on 7/28/2009 by Blaine91555]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Thx beauty for being such a good "witness" and thx JRitz & Springer for having a closer look at this image/.

This is what ATS is all about and I wish more people would be as cooperative as beauty. Muahhh from the french riviera Beauty.

Peace,
Europa aka Buckwild

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

How did Jeff enlarge the ufo without pixilating it? I'm using photoshop as well but when I zoom in or enlarge it, all I get is massive pixilation.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
19 pages and it is just a raindrop

nice to see the detailed LAB approach, was an interesting read nonetheless.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join