It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you wanted anything in the world...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by berenike

It is funny that we all know who our name is, where we were born, and what age are we, but we never knew who we REALLY are.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by krill
to tell the truth my answer is preety selfish compared to the whole equality for all answers. i would just want to no longer be skitzoaffective and to be able to feel and think like everyone else does. i know its selfish but its the one thing i want the most but can never have.

Selfishness is a good thing for your life and well-being. All humans are selfish, only some admit it. Religions and governments give it a bad reputation. Or maybe I'm evil.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
i would want a host of powers ranging from telepathy to telekinesis and so on, and the abilty to pass it on through procreation....

or perhaps i already have this power?

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by BenIndaSun

Nah you are not evil. You are just human... or alien...

WELCOME TO THE CLUB OF LIFE FRIEND! Please wipe your feet before entering.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Honestly? What is the one thing in the world that I would want?

Ultimate knowledge. I want to know everything, to be able to learn everything. I would want to live forever for the sole purpose of gaining knowledge.

This is something that I have seriously always wanted, as far back as I can remember. I buy so many books on so many subjects, it's rather ridiculous. Even better, I can pretty much retain everything I read and see / hear... it isn't a photographic memory, but rather as if my mind is just a sponge.

I want to know all.

Why? Because it's there, because I hate not knowing something. If I come across something on, say, ATS, I go and research it so that I can participate in those discussions. If there's some college book at a thrift store whose subject I am unfamiliar with, I buy it.

What would I do with all that knowledge? I don't know... which is why I am not asking for total wisdom, because I wouldn't know what to do.

Being a know-it-all is different than wanting to know it all. At least with the second one, I know that I don't know everything.

[edit typo]

[edit on 2009/7/18 by The Soothsayer]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by wx4caster

That is what I have been trying to achieve.

I wanna lift up items, so my lazy hands wont have to

Also I wanna use telepathy to contact the greys

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
reply to post by Shoomoo

An equal playing field for all of humanity. No people at the top. Noone telling others how or when to do things. No kings or queens. No monarchs, dictators, plutocrats or aristocrats.

Simply an equal playing field for all of mankind where no single person is given an artificial advantage over any other person.

what he said. =)

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shoomoo
reply to post by warrenb

I like this answer. Freedom and equality is what we all aim for, like the US founding fathers. Too bad there aren't any more heroes like them.

Oh there are, they just haven't taken on that legendary status yet...give it a few hundred years.

Give me two generations, and I will forge the heroes you desire. All I need is to be the final say on what books you are learning from, what subjects you study (I will be sure not to teach you anything you actually need to know...no finance, no critical thinking, just hero birth dates, dead kings names, science that contradicts itself)...two generations. Oh yeah I almost forgot, Let me introduce television at the same time to the biggest generation ever to boom at once and let it culminate with the children of that generation.

Stories are still stories even when in text books...

For goodness sakes you don't see a pattern here?

3 wise men
3 ships sailing
Following a star to the "new salvation"
Following a star to the "new world", led by Chris to the rock...plymouth
13 Colonies
13 apostles
12 men on the moon
start adding all the same traits in every story you've heard of "heroism"......HEY I"VE HEARD THIS STORY BEFORE....only the names and places have been changed to protect...YOU the innocent.

Peace

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by The Soothsayer

Don't we all want to know everything, yet it is impossible, it is a great feeling.

Just do not end up like the girl from Indiana Jones: The kingdom of the Crystal Skull

It may burn your eyes!

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

I do see a pattern in that. Makes me think if the government is making the bible true by using it as an instruction book... of EVIL!!!

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Shoomoo

Then I would learn to read Braille!

When I watched that movie, I thought the same thing... but to a point. though I may die, I would die content.

[edit. can't type today]

[edit on 2009/7/18 by The Soothsayer]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by The Soothsayer

Don't die without a smile
and a paper with dotes all over it lol.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

uhhh... i thought there was 12 apostles... well 12 at a time anyway.

i dunno man i think that you should go into your idea further?

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by wx4caster

There are?

This should be in a new thread

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
A world without wars, greed and corruption, where everyone has access to water and enough to eat, less materialism and more joy.

Being greedy I would also like a world where people ate less meat so that cruelty in intensive farming would be a thing of the past.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
My request would be knowledge. Every question would be answered, from which cup is the ball under to what exactly happened this day in the year 58. All of it up in my head and instantly recallable. And I would never forget a bit of it. All the secrets of the universe: where planets inhabited with life are, how did the universe start and how it will end. I would educate the masses in space exploration and create new laser-weapons that completely replace bullets everywhere. Once all bullet-guns are destroyed, I will de-activate all the weapons in the whole world, forcing people to either fight by hand or be peaceful. Yes, that would be very fun...

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by fleetlord

Your answer reminds me of peter from Family Guy with the mice Gladiators.

I AM EVERYTHING AND YOU ARE NOTHING!!! XD

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
reply to post by Shoomoo

An equal playing field for all of humanity. No people at the top. Noone telling others how or when to do things. No kings or queens. No monarchs, dictators, plutocrats or aristocrats.

Simply an equal playing field for all of mankind where no single person is given an artificial advantage over any other person.

you took the words right out of my head warren!!...star for you

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Interesting topic!

What I want would be considered selfish, also - I think......

I want to be financially secure enough to take my 75 yr old mom where she wants to live and.......die. She wants to die on the ocean, in Florida. But we are so limited I do not know how to even get us there, let alone afford some place real close to the beach. But that is her dream! And, I am unable to make it true for her.....

I would want enough financial security to take care of her the way I feel she is deserving of. And, for me to be able to spend as much time with her - enjoying her company - while she is still alive. That is all I can seriously think of because she is one hell of a woman and should not have to watch every penny.

[edit on 7/18/2009 by Champagne]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join