It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you wanted anything in the world...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Just one thing, it can be big, or small, expensive or cheap, what would it be?

What would it say about you?

Why would you want it?

Do you think it is for the best for others?

Feel free to comment on other answers as well.

EDIT: It does not have to be material.

[edit on 7/18/2009 by Shoomoo]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
More than anything? I do not want anything material. Nothing that should cost any money. If I could have one thing and one thing only, it would be peace of mind. I have not known what it is in 15 years and I am only 23 years old. I would give anything to have peace of mind.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Shoomoo

An equal playing field for all of humanity. No people at the top. Noone telling others how or when to do things. No kings or queens. No monarchs, dictators, plutocrats or aristocrats.

Simply an equal playing field for all of mankind where no single person is given an artificial advantage over any other person.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

I like this answer. Freedom and equality is what we all aim for, like the US founding fathers. Too bad there aren't any more heroes like them.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Toodles

This is a good choice. We all need to give our minds rest.

Peace of mind is what we all aim for, yet it is still unique for everyone.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
to tell the truth my answer is preety selfish compared to the whole equality for all answers. i would just want to no longer be skitzoaffective and to be able to feel and think like everyone else does. i know its selfish but its the one thing i want the most but can never have.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
To be fully creative and completely free from any constraints or limitations, like my cigarette addition for example, which sucks energy and keeps me in bondage.

This would give me happiness, purpose, drive, accomplishment, peace of mind, the whole kit and caboodle.

Interestingly, that choice is freely available to me even now, so I suppose what I really need is more courage.

So I'll say in the final analysis then, more COURAGE.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I just want to be understood by one person.

I don't need anything tangible, and I am wise enough to know that intangible things such as freedom are a state of mind and cannot be given, granted, or taken. For all practical purposes, so long as I am able to practice contentment, I have everything I need or could desire, sans the one thing listed above.

Oddly, this one thing that I do not personally have but requires complicity from an external source is the primary modus operandi in my existence, even more so than my desire to serve humanity in order to know.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by krill

I am sorry to hear that you have skitzoaffective disorder. It is a need, so it isn't as selfish

Get well Krill

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Shoomoo

Do you mean right now? A grilled cheese and a side of potato salad would be nice.

Is there pie?

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

OmegaPoint, addictions are hard to beat, so to have courage, you got to meet the Great Oz

In seriousness, I know you can beat the addiction with or without courage. I wish you luck, and freedom of restraints... and also an appointment with the Great Oz!

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Hahahahaha!..... I found this answer funny

It does not have to be now, but who does not want a grilled cheese and a side of potato salad?

Also, there CAN be pie, but I, or ATS will not make promises.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I would want to have the stock market, fractional banking and monopolizing businesses outlawed for starters.

To have or not to have a second line, that's the question.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Shoomoo

thanx its not so bad for me cuzz i have a exelent supporter in my wife. she takes great care of me , reminds me to take my meds and trys real hard to understand when i dont feel or think the way i should. shes my angel, and my best friend.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Grey Magic

This answer I did not hear before in years. We all need to kick the evil powers of green paper and yellow rocks to the curb!

I will answer that question of the second question with an answer...

... not me

[edit on 7/18/2009 by Shoomoo]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Shoomoo

There is not one single physical thing that i really need.

If I could have anything, it'd be that the whole world could see.

See that everything we need, we already have, and that we are all equal and one.

Jacob

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
More than anything I want privacy, so I would want my own island. Small, no civilization remnants. I would want it to be arable, and for there to be adequete rain.

I want to live as humans are supposed to, naturally, as an animal. I want to combat weather, starvation, thirst, and so on without help from anyone or technology. I want to hunt and gather as early humans did, and if I died in 1 month, so be it. I want to develop methods, from my intellect.

I would like to live in a simple world on that island. I would just want to be free from dealing with governments and authority.

Obviously this is unrealistic, I doubt I could even buy a large enough piece of land in this country and live like that. Anyways, thanks for giving me the chance to daydream. S&F

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I'd have the blinkers taken off of everybody, so we all know who we really are.

Then we could sit down and devise a new game to play that didn't involve so much cruelty and callousness.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by JacobNH

I like this answer. It ain't really physical or mental, but spiritual, and astral.

Really peaceful

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by krill

That is great. Makes me wanna have a wife like yours

Again, wish you the best of luck

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join