It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO BASE in China/India disbuted territory. Something BIG is going on.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Seems likely it's a development complex for a mars rover type vehicle. There's an airstrip nearby to facilitate the dropping of the entry platform from an altitude and a similar type terrain to put the rover through its paces.

Of course it could be leased to the USA for the staging of its Phoenix missions

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
This area is a scale model of Aksai Chin which is a disputed area between India and China for which talks are going on between the two countries. The cease-fire line that separates Indian-administered areas from Aksai Chin is known as the Line of Actual Control (LAC). This actually forms part of the state of Jammu & Kashmir.

This is the area enlarged…

This is the area where the ‘model’ has been constructed at Huangyangtan, 2400km to the East.

This model represents this area on ground (Aksai Chin).

Now, Huangyangtan where this ‘scale model’ which has been constructed is obviously a training facility where you’ll find signs/markings that read, "train hard", "repay our fatherland", "march from here to the battleground", "contribute to the north-west", etc.

This large scale model is most probably an area where attack helicopters train for target acquisition and terrain familiarization of the Aksai Chin area which could be a possible battle ground in a future war with India as it is a disputed area. More here:

From sky, see how China builds model of Indian border 2400 km away

(Thanks to Waldy for pointing this out!
)

Now what all this has to do with a UFO base as the OP contends is not understood. I wonder what the connection is?

And for Chrissake, this so called UFO-base-in-the-Himalayas stuff has been debunked any number of times on ATS. Remember, all this is from an article written in 2005 in the crappy internet tabloid called ‘India Daily’. This has as much credibility as the National Enquirer!

Cheers!

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
here are my ideas...

First after reading a bunch of material on this site I still have yet to see a completion date or start date this means we are not sure of the level of technology available at that time. IMHO this is not just a aviation training tool they have sensors/way points in planes copters to help them with that. I am no expert on that but It just does not seem to make economic sense to build such a massive thing that when in the cockpit really would not help.

Here is an idea I have not seen yet. Possibly they created this model to help find or pinpoint the best place to put a base. The reason why they created the scale model was to re-create the level of detail most spy satellites would be able to achieve at that time but from say a high flying airplane with less sophisticated technology. This would allow them to perfect their hiding technique.

In one of the posts on google a person who had reported to be actually be there said there were very large entrance tunnels comparable to cheyenne. This model would also allow engineers to get a good idea of where to possibly place these tunnels. This would in theory be less time consuming than flying engineers over the large area and dangerous ranges.

This is plausible I believe due to the extreme inaccessability, the vastness of the range and the need for engineers etc to say OKAY lets check here, then they send out a team to survey the area come back report and they continue until they get it just right.

I could have missed this in the original ATS post on the google earth find, and would be interested in any ideas or thoughts on this possibility.

[edit on 14-11-2008 by 911fnord]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
It's a movie set...the Chi-Coms are going to make a propaganda movie about how they put down the rebelious 'mountain' people.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Can some address the latitude of this site?

UFO's are generally considered to use volcano's to access Earths point of singularity, which is discussed to be a black (or white) hole.

Most UFO activity, from what I read, is between the equator and 19.47 degrees n/s latitude.

As far as the base, my guess is the Chinese are hiding something underground, and training above. It may not even be the Chinese, who knows. From a legal perspective, any Government can't get away with A LOT once they are off the soil they govern.

Can't wait for the report after your trip.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Nice find~!..Well dunno what to say about that landscape ..but maybe it resembles their homeworld?

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Wow, pretty awesome find. Anyone know if KenGrok found this randomly searching GE? Or did he have prior knowledge of its existence?

I'm wondering how old this installation could be - the 1:500 scale leads me to believe it's just for scouting the area and having a visual aid when in border disputes, which seems to have been going on for some time...but it does seem a bit odd to have such a detailed replica of an area considering the evidence and context.

Doe's anyone else think this installation could be decades old? I would imagine something like this is more likely to have been built later in the 20th century and I'd be suprised if it was recently constructed (5-8 years) I'm going to say this thing has been there for a while (15+ years)... Any input appreciated.

and

Has the Chinese Government responded to this???

[edit on 14-11-2008 by Doug Gaveld]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

You have a great imagination, but I say we debunk this thing here on ats, this is something that can actually be done. Just have a lot of you people who claim to be able to do this, project yourself to another location known by a stranger and prove your self(just like the other poster that had a friend from work do this). I personally think its more like a controlled dream state, but nothing you see or experience is real or accurate. Dont send me links to you tube or books-thats dumb. So what does everyone say? If there is or has been such a thing on ats a link to that would be appreciated.

Great thread though, good to see something aside from the economy and the nwo on here.

[edit on 14-11-2008 by Subversive_Populous]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Mikesingh-Apart from the India Daily article I have read and discussed this topic (ufo bases in Himilayas) going back 20 years, or more. So it wasn't that particular article that introduced it. Remember what you see in the US and read in english is not the whole story. I guess a lot of this info in is hindu. That's why I put a lot of weight on the locals reactions.
Any links to articles about please post. I will keep searching.
Thanks

[edit on 14/11/2008 by serpentine]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Good work. I admit I was rushing to get some opinions on from someone who may know more about it, and as the link shows this google earth scenario has been discussed.

How and why did I link it to where I am going? I think I did not explain clearly in the OP, and I admit it is a long shot. But there are some major unanswered questions.

Firstly, the India Daily may well be a tabloid. I have noticed some pretty crap articles over the years. However I was using my experience with what locals had to say about some places in the Himilayas when I was there 10 years ago. I was on their case for 3 mnts. The interest started when local kids would look at my sketch book which at the time contained a lot of sketches of aliens and space ships for something I was working on. My interest in their experiences deepened as I noticed the reaction to my "greys" and "saucers".

They were (young and old) excited and traumtised in a way by my drawings. They seemed to relate to them and they all pointed to the holy mountain. It intrigued my and seemed odd. Although I know most people in Nepal are incredibly superstitious, I was confused as to why they would react to my images. They were very different to the familar hindu and buddhist demons and chariots. As also mentioned these people were not on a diet of american X Files and films. They were living very remote, rarely visiting what we would call a town and had very little in the way of books, comics, no tv etc.

The disbuted area with China and India is actually a long way from where I was and where I will be going in a few days. It is just in the vicinity. I made the connection purely because I still can't fathom any possible reason for the military to replicate such a huge area on the scale. The fact that the area might house a base is why I made a connection.

There have been some decent replies, but I would not say it is solved in a any way.

Mikesingh - I do understand that the connection seems unbased. However I think there is room to investigate the possibility of bases there. As you can see on ATS secret bases is a popular topic, and the mystery of the Himilayas and Nepal, Tibet region is fascinating. (Shambala, inner earth, hidden caves housing tibetan secrets, and of coarse the YETI! We know there is some real truth to some of these mysteries, and we find references to them going way back.

BTW although I mentioned the locals and their reactions to drawings of greys, my opinion was not necessarily that the a base is alien. It is just mysterious to me. I wondered if military officials had scared them off with stories of evil extraterrestrials and space ships to cover up for something else.

Who and why would anyone build a base in such a inhospitable place? Perhaps the locals have been scared off by some kind of propaganda and there is military installations in there. If so it must be something that they really don't want out in the open.

I also felt that even without my linking of my personal experience near there and the chinese mystery, this is a topic that deserved some more coverage.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Second thought.... maybe they are digging a very deep tunnel trying to break into the plasma of the earth?

If the earth we live on is basically a "crust" around the plasma, why not try to tap the plasma energy?

If you dig a hole that deep you'll need to put the dirt and stuff somewhere, right?

Just and idea based on mans quest for an infinite energy source.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by JesterMan
What if this structure is just a form of camo. Is it at all possible that this structure is actually a very large building that is disguised by this "map"?

It would make sense to me if you were try to hide something from a satellite what better way then to make it appear to be just part of the landscape.

Just a thought.

That would be very elaborate camouflage. It's an exact replica of something much larger, not exactly a "blending in" effect going on there. If anything, I think that would draw more attention to it, like it appears to have done.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by cmd18B

Yes I agree it would seem like an odd place for a military installation. Although the people of the villages in the base of Mt. Machapuchuri seemed to point to the mountain, like saying the lights came from within the mountain. We need a geologist here to tell us how likely that it. It is a mammoth mountain, and in theory could have huge natural caverns inside that are reinforced.

Then again isn't Area 51 built in an unstable zone for earhtquakes?

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by serpentine

In my trek I was hearing accounts and seeing the drawings from children of creatures that looked like greys and craft that looked domed. The villages were very simple. We were a few days walk from the tourist resorts where tv etc was common.The kids were not watching american tv and had no books or comics to get the references from.

Maybe not, but by your own admission have grown up with western back packers. What are the chances that you weren't the only one to ask these kids this line of questions? Maybe they just figured out that drawing creatures with big eyes and disc craft was a good way to get attention or money?

I get that feeling anytime I see western backpackers talking with locals about aliens, UFOs or cryptozoology.

[edit on 14-11-2008 by Marcus Calpurnius]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Spirit Warrior

Interesting to hear this opinion from someone with knowledge of such things. The only post so far that gives me a possible logical explanation is the chinese generals simply showing off. Just building it because they can. Man power is their biggest asset. They could probably built a 1;500 scale model of the entire disbuted Kashmir if they wanted to.
But again.......why?

Surely it is cheaper and more effective to use digital methods, even for drills, test flights etc.

The link for me is the locals (regional) who were so convinced something was going on.
I am yet to really find any kind of proof that the article in the India Daily about the monks is credible, although I have heard these stories about this region, all the way to Llasa for years.

Last time in Kathmandu I was reading books in the famous esoteric bookshop there mentioning the subject that were published 60 or more years ago. So local testimony was fitting in with stuff published in english years ago, back when the first english wuld have been really exploring the region.

Cheers.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Agreed fully. Especially when it comes to the Yeti. There were kids all over Kathmandu promising to take you and show you a Yeti...all for a dollar.

This area did get a lot of hippy acid heads in the late 60's and 70's. Infact it was the beat freaks are the travellers who put it on the map as an exotic destination where people lived communally etc.

However I felt the kids and elders up in the mountains were not so inclined.

Superstitious, yes. They didn't beg. The kids want biros, that's it. I wouldn't say for sure the kids had never seen an old sci fi comic or martian film. But it definately was not part of their culture as the demons and gods of hindu and buddhism are. Some of these villagers claimed to be buddhist but worship many dieties , blood sacrifices were common. They were basically a mixture of the regional beliefs, and have no shortage of artisitic references. Nepal is famous for the depictions (thankas) of hell, demons and a hundred other things that go bump in the night.

I was fascinated that they all pointed straight to the mountain with fear, like saying it was the base.

I was also pretty sure back then that aliens and ufos was although popular in the west, only with a limited crowd. It's not like every traveller who visits there would make the connection.

I had a few local friends there who were educated in the west. I spoke to them about it later and they confirmed that the knowledge of creatures that looked like greys and flew from within the mountain were old, and not something directly soaked up from the latest Hollywood video cassette. It was not such a big deal to the educated kids because they had grown up with ceremonies daily involving killing a goat of a chicken to appease an angry deity.

The reaction of one elder who spoke less english was alarming. He (or she), I couldn't tell, was full of fear and made some kind of connection with the kids drawings, my drawings and the army, who can be brutal to villagers as they were on a decades long quest to kick out the monarchy. I thought it was an unusual connection for a very old farmer to make. They took it very seriously, and were not asking for any money. In fact they were incredibly hospitable.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Sorry, last reply was to marcus.....

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by PammyK

I have posted this story in various sections over the last year in different incarnations when I thought it was relevent. I think some people fail to see the connection here between what locals had to say about what they had seen, and the strange chinese reproduction of an area in this region that is disputed.

The article I posted from India Daily is probably not a great start. it was just the first hit. Although if you look into it you will find endless referenced to such stories spanning hundreds of years throughout the various himilayan cultures.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
politics.sgforums.com...

TextSince October 10, everyone from members of the Indian Military to young children have reported seeing multiple UFOs of all shapes and sizes near the high altitude glaciers in the Tarai region of India, about 40 kilometers (25 miles) from the Chinese border. Indian Air Force pilots in the region have complained of unexplained instrument jamming and spotting the objects in the air during flight. Even a Buddhist monk, apparently not surprised by the activity, claims that the UFOs have been in the area since 1998.

Ok I am not saying it is credible but it is another reference to activity there, the Indian moon mission.........indians paranoid about communism

Mountain villagers in the Tarai region of India's Himachal Pradesh state claim that UFOs have been seen "by day and by night" near the high-altitude glaciers of the Himalayas and that "aliens are building a very large underground base up there."

Since Sunday, October 10, 2004, UFOs, ranging in size from "very large cylindrical objects of a dull silver colour" to "small speedy discs," have been seen over the glaciers north of Chini, about 40 kilometers (25 miles) from India's border with China. UFOs seen at night were said to "glow red and gold

"A young boy in Nepal drew a picture of what appears to be an extraterrestrial flying object. He saw it while playing with many friends on the ground. The boys reported that these vehicles have no sound, can take off vertically, and can float in defiance of gravity. These vehicles can disappear all of a sudden," reported Sumit Chatterjee.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Can people please stop saying "disbuted" and spell it the correct way: disputed. It's really bothering me lol...

Anyways, I don't see any connection between this geographical model and UFOs/Aliens. The model is over 2000km from the actual area, so what would it have to do with locals in the actual area experiencing strange phenomena?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join