It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planet X approaching

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tom_Proctor
There's no such thing as Nibiru. If it was that close we'd see it. Especially a planet.

Most Nibiru claims can be debunked as lens flare or simply not a real picture.
Japanese telescopes...Australian telescopes...African telescope SALT...The south pole telescope ...The most sophisticated telescopes in the world...all photographed LENS- FLAIR? Thats hard to believe especially since not all of the telescopes even have optical lenses!!!

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Just curious, where are there photos of this planet from each of those telescopes you just mentioned?

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonesomepine333
...The most sophisticated telescopes in the world...all photographed LENS- FLAIR? Thats hard to believe especially since not all of the telescopes even have optical lenses!!!

Are you able to post any of these photos? It'd be interesting to try and identify what's been photographed.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocksarerocks
reply to post by lonesomepine333

Do you realize we have 10 million scientists that say it's complete and utter bunk?
Out of your millions of scientist that says its utter bunk Would U PLEASE just send me ONE link of ONE scientist stating this? Why do I have the feeling that U wont or can't ?

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by BrnBdry

Please be patient..I am gathering this information up to post at this very moment.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
This article appeared in New Scientist and has details of the debate on this subject by astronomers - It's a long read and debunks the Nemesis theory, but gives a good account of the search for a long period planet as well as accusations of false data. A bit like a debate on ATS really.

The Mystery of Planet X]The Mystery of Planet X

Edit to repair link

[edit on 26/10/08 by Insomniac]

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrnBdry
Just curious, where are there photos of this planet from each of those telescopes you just mentioned?
Planet X / Nibiru / Xena / Eris are all the same. This planet is properly labeled "UB 313. The first link here states Hubble finds 10th planet and Nicknames it "Xena" And it is clearly states it to be: UB 313. www.astro.uni-bonn.de... Next, So we ca n see that Xena =UB 313. Next, is a link that clearly shows -With photos, -Planet X and UB 313 AND Eris ( All 3 names ) ON SAME PAGE being used in unison talking about same planet! www.celestiamotherlode.net... Next, For all of U ...Why hasn't an amateur astronomer found one people..is a link to a Amature Photographer using a sophisticated Vixen R200SS 8" f/4 Newtonian reflector. This person uses planet 10 /Nibiru / eris in UNISON to describe his photos www.jburnell.com... Moving on, we find a photo taken by 1,22m Oschin telescope, at Mount Palomar Observatory (California). and here, Nibiru,Eris, and UB313 ARE used to describe the same photo www.ufodigest.com... All you have to do is Google each name to find out :EACH ONE IS LOCATED IN THE SAME PLACE IN SPACE! I could go on and on supplying links...Please do a little home work...Still,one more link showing Eris identified as .. .2003 UB 313 Sound familiar? , and Eris Google is full of these Illustrations.www.somewhereville.com...

[edit on 26-10-2008 by lonesomepine333]

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Good work!

Yes. Eris is there.
No. Eris is not Nibiru.
Yes. Eris is very small.
Yes. Eris is very far from Earth, will stay very far from Earth, has no effect on Earth, and will have no effect on Earth. Not in 2012, not in 2085, not in 2900. Never.

Contrary to what ufodigest says:

The real cause of climate changes, volcanoes activity, intensification of the seismic activity etc., is the planet Eris's getting closer to our solar system

Eris is in our solar system and probably always has been.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Eris is a dwarf planet in the Kuiper Belt with no mystery attached to it at all. Nobody is denying that it exists. Is this what you are suggesting is approaching Earth?

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
This link has a very good illustration of the orbit of Eris. It demonstrates that it poses no danger to earth at all.

Eris Orbit

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
All except the last one refered to Eris as it's early name Xena, it's currrent name, or it's tag name.
When are you going to get that Planet X is a name given to all discovered planets?
The last link is recycling pictures from other sites, saying that it is Nibiru.
Well gee, it's a uthor who promotes Planet X. That's a surprise.
Yes, I could google Eris and find pictures of the planet Eris.
However, Eris does not go inside Jupiter's orbbit.
It was only recently discovered, due to it's location, which is even further out than Pluto.
Meaning, that beyond the visible five planets in our solar system, the ancient could not have seen it.
Currently, Voyager 2 has yet to even pass as far out as Eris' orbit.
Also, Eris' orbit is 557 years. Much shorter thna thte 3600 years.
And, Eris is currently on it's furthest outward part of it's revelution. It is so farout, a space crafft traveling for 20 years has not reached it yet.
And it's suppoed to be here in four years?
Read up on your "Nibiru."

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
i've not seen any evidence written, that has planet X even entering the orbits of the inner planets, let alone inside the orbits of uranus or neptune. none of the articles says this, if so could someone please tell me where i can find the documented evidence of planet X's orbit into the inner planets?

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Insomniac

Eris is a dwarf planet in the Kuiper Belt with no mystery attached to it at all. Nobody is denying that it exists. Is this what you are suggesting is approaching Earth? . The planet Eris/ Nibiru periodically getting closer to Earth once in 3600 years generates numerous climate changes, one being the global warming with its natural consequence - the melting of the glaciers. The effect of glaciers melting, because of their sweet water, will be the ending of the thermo-saline natural system, the "engine" that allows the Gulfstream circulation to the North and the freezing of spread areas in the North-West of Europe and North-East U.S.A. Eris and Nibiru are one and the same!www.ufodigest.com... Yes that's exactly what I am suggesting.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Eris has an orbit of 557 years not 3000+ It comes nowhere near earth and has no effect on us whatsoever. Look at the link in my previous post that shows the orbit - Or buy a book on astronomy.

Edit for typo

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Insomniac

And don't forget, it's currently on it's furthest part of it's orbit from the sun.
So it's not even near neptune at the moment.
If you want the basics, first, don't read a fellow pushing a book.
Second, at least read WIkipedia.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
reply to post by Insomniac

And don't forget, it's currently on it's furthest part of it's orbit from the sun.
So it's not even near neptune at the moment.
If you want the basics, first, don't read a fellow pushing a book.
Second, at least read WIkipedia.

I didn't mention the furthest part of its orbit bit because you did earlier.

Sorry if I've got the wrong end of the stick here, but who's pushing a book?

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Good work!

Yes. Eris is there.
No. Eris is not Nibiru.
Yes. Eris is very small.
Yes. Eris is very far from Earth, will stay very far from Earth, has no effect on Earth, and will have no effect on Earth. Not in 2012, not in 2085, not in 2900. Never.

Contrary to what ufodigest says:

The real cause of climate changes, volcanoes activity, intensification of the seismic activity etc., is the planet Eris's getting closer to our solar system

Eris is in our solar system and probably always has been.
If Eris is not Nibiru, Then why is it that I Google Nubiru/Eris (Web search OR images) I am taken to COUNTLESS websites (Which I just gave a few links proving this - Already on This page )The names are used, on same page, in same article and even in the same paragraph, as being the same?! Are U even checking out my LINKS? These links that I presented SHOWS that Nubiru and Eris are the same!!! Just Google NUBIRU/ERIS yourself!!!! Now I would like to see ONE link from U showing that they are not the same....Butt U are just like all the rest of the people I have asked for a link....You wont do it!!! Ill tell U like I did all the rest....I challenge U OR ANYBODY ELSE ...to send me a liking disapproving that ( Nibiru and Eris )are NOT the same ! I have supplied links CLEARLY showing CREDIABLE AGICENCS Using the names Simultaneously. Good Luck!

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   

This link (of yours) does not mention Nibiru
www.astro.uni-bonn.de...

www.celestiamotherlode.net...

www.jburnell.com...

www.somewhereville.com...

The only link (of yours) that does mention Nibiru is this one and I feel dirty for even clicking it.
www.ufodigest.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrnBdry
Planet X / Nibiru / Xena / Eris are all the same. This planet is properly labeled "UB 313. The first link here states Hubble finds 10th planet and Nicknames it "Xena" And it is clearly states it to be: UB 313. www.astro.uni-bonn.de... Next, So we ca n see that Xena =UB 313. Next, is a link that clearly shows -With photos, -Planet X and UB 313 AND Eris ( All 3 names ) ON SAME PAGE being used in unison talking about same planet! www.celestiamotherlode.net... Next, For all of U ...Why hasn't an amateur astronomer found one people..is a link to a Amature Photographer using a sophisticated Vixen R200SS 8" f/4 Newtonian reflector. This person uses planet 10 /Nibiru / eris in UNISON to describe his photos www.jburnell.com... Moving on, we find a photo taken by 1,22m Oschin telescope, at Mount Palomar Observatory (California). and here, Nibiru,Eris, and UB313 ARE used to describe the same photo www.ufodigest.com... All you have to do is Google each name to find out :EACH ONE IS LOCATED IN THE SAME PLACE IN SPACE! I could go on and on supplying links...Please do a little home work...Still,one more link showing Eris identified as .. .2003 UB 313 Sound familiar? , and Eris Google is full of these Illustrations.www.somewhereville.com... Please fellow readers check out these links...They clearly what I am saying to be true..

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   

If Eris is not Nibiru, Then why is it that I Google Nubiru/Eris (Web search OR images) I am taken to COUNTLESS websites (Which I just gave a few links proving this - Already on This page )The names are used, on same page, in same article and even in the same paragraph, as being the same?! Are U even checking out my LINKS? These links that I presented SHOWS that Nubiru and Eris are the same!!! Just Google NUBIRU/ERIS yourself!!!! Now I would like to see ONE link from U showing that they are not the same....Butt U are just like all the rest of the people I have asked for a link....You wont do it!!! Ill tell U like I did all the rest....I challenge U OR ANYBODY ELSE ...to send me a liking disapproving that ( Nibiru and Eris )are NOT the same ! I have supplied links CLEARLY showing CREDIABLE AGICENCS Using the names Simultaneously. Good Luck!

You seem to be missing the point. Eris exists. Nibiru is a mythical planet with lots of doomsday connotations attached to it. Internet links prove nothing unless you find an article by a credible scientist. There probably are no links to prove that Nibiru isn't Eris because no rational thinking person would consider it worth writing such a thing. Please do some serious research on the current understanding of the solar system instead of regurgitating falsehoods.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join