It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planet X approaching

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by lonesomepine333

If Saturn went away the only thing that would happen to us is that we would lose a very beautiful thing in the sky. The sun is what holds us in our orbit. Saturn's gravitational influence is about .00005% of the sun's influence on earth when it is at its closest point. It does not affect our orbit.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
Eris was called Planet X until they gave it a name.

Actually it was called Xena with moon Gabrielle... I kinda prefered leaving it at that

Stupid astronomers with their naming bias
Why can't they put it up to a vote? What gives them the right to be the only ones to name them huh?

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

First, I stand corrected on the optical size of "Africa's Giant Eye"..Can actually learn something on this site
---Secondly : What the Eye looks for is RADIATION emissions ,and the drier the air ,the less these emissions are absorbed by moister... there -by allowing more radiation to reach the ground Do U need a link for that, or can we just agree at least on that aspect? Also, It is a known Fact that the conditions at the poles are the driest on earth and are the Biggest and Driest deserts on earth! Best conditions of all for celestial viewing....Though I agree SALT is in a wonderful spot for this...The south pole is WITHOUT QUESTION a better geographical spot for star gazing...Did U know that the south pole Is a desert? Or do U want a link for that too? Further more , and I quote! "Is there a desert in Antarctica? Almost the whole continent is Desert, the largest contiguous desert on earth, and one of the dryest. Terain ranges from ice plains to dry valleys of rock and shale. From high mountains to the coast this unbroken desert covers almost the entirety of the worlds 5th largest continent." Unquote. wiki.answers.com... And last...Just because U knew someone that said HE had never heard of something doesn't make, or break anything. Enough hot air for U? Please enlighten me and show me a link Just One link please! (BY ANY SCIENTIST ) that states Nibiru positively DOESN'T exist! I challenge U! There are reputable scientist that believe in a Great likelyhood that Nibiru does exist. Scientists discover solar system's 'Planet X' www.youtube.com...
Here is another
link that says Quote: "NASA-Funded Scientists Discover Tenth Planet"
[edit on 25-10-2008 by lonesomepine333] With the name of the NASA scientist... on NASAs OWN website! www.nasa.gov... ENJOY!!!

[edit on 25-10-2008 by lonesomepine333]

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by governmentsecrets

I'm sure that if this solar system would cease to exist, we would too.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Well, I do believe we have both made our points. Yes, I know it is classified as desert. I now live in Canada, and I know what snow looks like and feels like at -50 Deg Celsius (like God damn baking powder!
). And yes, I know how clear the air is, as well as how sound travels in the cold, etc etc..

You are right, we are here to learn from each other, so I think let's both put down our mud slinging bats. All I'm trying to get at here is simply this, If and I say "IF", this thing exists, and "IF" it is to arrive at 2012, I do not see any way in hell that these large telescopes and brilliant people operating them have not picked something up?

And as you well noted: "NASA-Funded Scientists Discover Tenth Planet". These guys picked this thing up at a great distance. They even find planets based of the gravitational forces they exert on other celestial bodies, without even seeing them! So, my question to all is this:

"IF" this thing exists, and "IF" it is to arrive in 2012, how can we have not detected it yet? And "IF" this is a conspiracy to keep it away from the public, I am damn sure that someone in the scientific community would have spilled the beans to someone....I mean we're not talking about a 911 cover-up, we're talking about the entire worlds scientific community.

I don't know, I'd think someone would speak?

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Fair enough! Five minutes ago, I was doing a google search worded :Nibiru/Eris and clicking on a website (I had never been on before! ) this is what happened to me...
Nasa Officially Announces Nibiru/Eris...file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Customer/Desktop/pg1%20banned!.htm What bull crap! If they were banning me because they were receiving attacks from my ISP provider( and they provide literally millions of people with service)Millions could not access their website! They HAVE to admit that Nibiru and Eirs are one of the same! Every Illustration I found of the path trajectory of both are EXACTLY the same!Again I say rubbish!...I have only been researching this issue for about 5 or 6 days! How did they even know about me? WOW! SORRY - YOUR IP ADDRESS HAS BEEN BANNED -

Thank you for not stalking!

If you need help you can email [email protected]

we sometimes have to ban entire ISP Providers because of attacks on this website..

If you have been inadvertently caught up in one of these bans please accept our apologies email us and we will try to clear it up for you

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Nibiru is the tenth planet...It and Eris are one and the same The name ERIS is perfect for this planet...A Greek god of Discord and lawlessness!

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Again, this is based on the flawed, as pointed out by experts, translations of one guy. The Sumerians would know about it how? They'd know about planets other than the 5 visible planets how? Sumerians did not invent a telescope. They did not have "advanced" technology, other than what would seem advanced at the time, which is still pretty archaic to us. They didn't even think they WERE planets.

It somewhat irritates me when a guy makes $$$ by feeding people ridiculous, unsubtantiated garbage, which some sadly take to heart.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
hi all. planet x i see is having another revival..
picked this link up the other day..

When we asked Bob what he wanted to discuss, he told us that he had important news, from his own inside sources, about Nibiru: the highly controversial Planet X. This video contains extremely important information for all students of Planet X to consider.

that is Bob Dean by the way..

source link..

peace

daz__

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonesomepine333
.file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Customer/Desktop/pg1%20banned!.htm

Ummm this is a file address on YOUR local computer

And if Nibiru IS Eris... then end of story we have nothing to worry about

But if you believe that... you have ZERO credibility left :shk:

But tell you what... go to Sitchin's website and drop him a note..
See if he agrees with you

Other than that I am done with this thread

Originally posted by daz__
hi all. planet x i see is having another revival..
picked this link up the other day..
that is Bob Dean by the way..

Yes I saw that... right after they were done with the BG/GFL thing...
So just WHO is Bob Dean and why does he have any more credibility about Nibiru than anyone else?

HIS date is between 2013 and 2017 as I posted earlier...
Seems like a sport pool everyone picking a date...

Put me down for 2222....
No one has that yet
And being from Vegas 4 deuces is a pretty good bet

[edit on 25-10-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Sorry to hear about your NASA "bull crap", hope you get that fixed so you can continue your work. Well, if Eris is or isn't Nibiru, all I can say is that I hope to high heavens that this thing never comes around in my life time. I've heard what the projected effects would be, and basically this place would not be a pretty sight.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TortoiseKweek
and basically this place would not be a pretty sight.

Well that depends on your point of view...

IF your point of view is off world it would indeed be an interesting sight

[edit on 25-10-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
There's no such thing as Nibiru. If it was that close we'd see it. Especially a planet.

Most Nibiru claims can be debunked as lens flare or simply not a real picture.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I totally agree that there is no planet coming this way. For one, it would only take a human 17 years to fly to the sun in via a jumbo jet. It for some reason takes Nibiru 3600 years. Thats a huge orbit.

17 there, 17 back, that 34 years. Whats it do fo the other 3566 years?

Secondly, if there was life on it, there isn't life on it anymore. Just cause of the fact it gets so close to the sun. Anything living i'm sure would die. Speacially a being of some sort. So that kinda rules out them flying here when said planet heads this way.

Thirdly, odds are it woulda already hit something else by now in its odd travel patern, and be possibly be destroyed, or severly damaged.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Sorry for the double post.........

Plus ontop of that, if it just came around the sun, its only gonna take just over 3 years to get here?

The math just does'nt add up.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
The reason that these Nibiru arguments never get anywhere is that it's an argument between faith and science. To believe in Nibiru is an act of faith as there is no scientific evidence to support its existence.

No scientist would discount the possibility that the sun is one half of a binary system or that there is a planet as yet undiscovered in a long period orbit. There is no evidence to support this however.

I know that there are a few scientists that claim to have evidence, but their claims aren't accepted by the wider scientific community, in fact they aren't taken seriously at all! That doesn't mean that they are wrong, but the whole Nibiru argument has no credibility until there is credible evidence.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Nibiru got blown up a few years ago by our military

What do you thing Hit Jupiter a few years ago parts of Planet X

Brian

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufosbri
Nibiru got blown up a few years ago by our military
What do you thing Hit Jupiter a few years ago parts of Planet X
Brian

You mean Galileo with 32 pounds of Plutonium?

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

No, I think he is referring to the comet, Shoemaker-Levy.
not sure where he got the idea though, new to me.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
No, I think he is referring to the comet, Shoemaker-Levy.
not sure where he got the idea though, new to me.

Well okay but he forgot 17P/Holmes twice the size of Jupiter and visible to the naked eye from Earth...

Kinda snuck up on us, swooped by and headed back into the dark with merely a whisper on the news

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join