It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin Appears To Be Wearing an Earpiece During The Debate

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Palin indeed was wearing an ear piece in her right ear. Watch the video again on a PC or a high definition TV. The piece that's actually in her ear is clear but you can see a white clip that attaches it to her glasses. I waited until I saw the left side or her glasses five or six times to be certain that it wasn't a part of the frame and waiting for other people in the room to ask the question, "Is there something in her ear or on her glasses".
Everyone was able to point to it. Guys at work are talking about it too.

Mod edit: Fixed all-caps in title.

UPDATE

THIS POST appears to disprove the earpiece observations.

Still capture from HD DVR replay of debate...

enhanced version...

[edit on 3-10-2008 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I don't know. I can't believe, if it was true, that no one at the event called her on it. Certainly, there were plenty of people watching her both live and on-air that scrutinized her every aspect. One would think this would have exploded on the internet if it had happened. I think I'll reserve judgement on this.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
just a thought but, couldit be a hearing aid? kind like the one Rush Limbaugh wears?
not that it matters either way, if she was wearing an ear piece then they let the wrong "handler" give her answers... she could have stomped him if they had let someone smarter give her the answers.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by slywhite

People said the same thing about her interview with Couric.

Give it a rest.

I can't understand sometimes why people have such a hard time believing that this woman could do anything.

I've even hard suggestions that there could have been a "stunt double"!

It's sad. Really.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
That is not a hearing aid or anything, that is just to block outside noise and to amplify the questions and the other person's speech.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Are you sure?

Are you sure that she wasn't fed the answers through an earpiece?
Are you sure she wasn't given all the questions in advance to get an advantage?
Are you sure it wasn't actually a "stunt double" who debated for her?

Really? Are you sure?

I'm so sick of this nonsense.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Who cares? Does someone in the white house even need to be able to come up with their own statements?

There has never ever ever been a speech or press conference that the office of the President help where someone else didn't write the speech/announcement. It simply isn't a skill the President must have.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Gov. Palin is a lot smarter than some give her credit for. She is the Governor of the largest state in the Union. She is commander in chief of the national gaurd, a decision making execitive, and a party bucking maverick. Obama pales in comparison in intellect, and experience. Obama cannot even function without a teleprompter. BTW Gov. Palin wiped the floor with the used car salesman.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
BTW Gov. Palin wiped the floor with the used car salesman.

Used car salesman? I wouldn't even buy a used car from Joe Biden.

I get the feeling just looking at him that hes out to rip me off.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Yes, it was just kind of like a headphone that we use to listen music but instead of music they listen the questions, you can see that all the time on the news readers in the news, mostly in their right ear, with the wire behind them and the headphone hidden by their hair falling front, that's why the news readers hair is like that.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Why wear an ear piece , there are teleprompters built into the podiums , both biden and palin where reading from them . I will admit palin rarely looked up from it though and just how many times can someone say maverick in an hour?

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
The fact that Palin conspiracies are starting to crop could only mean that the lefties must really be afraid of her.
She must be a lot better than I originally thought.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
This happened after the convention as well. And after McCains debate.

People start questioning if they had the answers ahead of time, they start questioning if they cheated. Now it's moved onto whether or not they have secret earpieces!

They will deny up and down that they are afraid of this ticket. But they are.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Not a conspiracy just an observation that she indeed was wearing an earpice and Biden wasn't. You may recall he would look down at his notes when speaking. Palin would usually only look away from the camera when she wasn't speaking. The point of a debate is to know the answers, not have them the answers fed to you. This was a debate, not a speech. I don't think teleprompters are used in a debate are they? It's not a scripted interview. Otherwise everyone would come across as brilliant. I could hardly watch when she stumbled through the simple questions Couric asked her the other week. You think a person who can't cite but one supreme court case or give the name of magazine she might read; would provide some of the answers she provided last night? Additionally, she's not up there to sing and stay on pitch. No way that was a personal monitor for her to hear herself or the questions. THE FACT REMAINS THAT YOU GUYS THAT DO SUPPORT HER CANDIDACY ADMIT SHE WAS WIRED AND WAS WEARING AN EARPIECE.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Obama not an intellect? You are kidding. He was only the editor of the Harvard Law Review. How uninformed are you who calls your self "from above". What's more incredible is that the GOP keeps citing President Clinton coming out of nowhere to win the presidency. Let me see......
Georgetown undergrad, Yale Law School. HE WAS A FREAKIN RHOADES SCHOLAR FOR CHRIST SAKE!!!!! Educate yourself if you're not sure what any of this means. Again, this reply is for the member name "From Above"

[edit on 3-10-2008 by slywhite]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by slywhite

But you know what? If that's all you've got to attack Palin with, then that just reaffirms that she did a stellar job last night and you've got no ammo to shoot bunch a bunch of crap.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Haha this is why people would be curious about me now

I had a feeling yesterday that she was going to have an ear piece, all their advisors running and racing preparing her for the choergraphy of speech

I bloody knew it.

P.S I didnt watch it, and anyone who did, didnt use their time well. It's time to bag them, bag the votes, None of these politicians represent the people.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by slywhite
Georgetown undergrad, Yale Law School. HE WAS A FREAKIN RHOADES SCHOLAR FOR CHRIST SAKE!!!!! Educate yourself if you're not sure what any of this means. Again, this reply is for the member name "From Above"

[edit on 3-10-2008 by slywhite]

This is all jumble ball to me, what does this mean?

FREAKING RHOADES SCHOLAR? and what about George Studying in Harvard he studied politics and how to debate like one.

George with all the money and people behind him, would have the top lecturers and people behind him in Harvard

Are you implying that George Bush is deemed stupid or what? Cus I really want to know what your implying.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Not attacking what she said last night. It was pretty good because apparently she didn't have to formulate the thought herself. Repubs were up in arms about jumping on the bandwagon of someone who could only give speeches. How can you as an american defend a candidate who can't tell you what publication she reads or what benchmark supreme court cases she agrees or disagrees with. Anyone can give a speech but she is simply not prepared to be a VP. If you asked your doctor how he was going to cure your child of cancer and he couldn't tell you after you asked him specifically, you'd find a new doctor. Please admit that.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I'm re-watching my HD DVR version of the debate, and I do indeed see an earpiece.

It's flesh-colored... trying to get a still.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join