It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin Appears To Be Wearing an Earpiece During The Debate

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mainer
SO, can you get a short HD vid posted up somewhere?

I'll see what I can do... I don't have a DVD recorder attached to my HD DVR (unfortunately).

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
I'm re-watching my HD DVR version of the debate, and I do indeed see an earpiece.

It's flesh-colored... trying to get a still.

SO, any possible way to post a screencap of her OTHER ear, just to verify that it's not part of the design of the glasses?

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by mind is the universe

She is just not intellegent enough to answer's these question's.

OH?

I think you been had my friend,

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mainer
SO, can you get a short HD vid posted up somewhere?

I'll see what I can do... I don't have a DVD recorder attached to my HD DVR (unfortunately).

You know what it would mean to ATS to break this story. I have faith you will find the means.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Are you kidding me? sos attacks? Get a grip mind...How's this for an attack:

"Soz you need a wake up call, I've seen you presenting yourself on other threads, I wouldn't be proud to be from any country going from judging by your no logic posts, or insane beliefs on your country. A lot of your beliefs are brainswashed and everyone who reads your posts will know that. One way to know this, is just observing or unbalanced view on anything. Your far right views, don't stand correct. You just believe them, but hey that's ok. But don't attack people for putting your BS on the spot though. "

You are the ONE ON the attack. You post like you are an American when the truth is you live in Ireland. So what's it to ya? What stake do you personally have in this United States of AMERICA election?

And Sos is right!! Katie Couric is a HACK! A joke of a journalist!

I would like to see Couric and Palin in a debate. Palin would wipe the floor with her.

[edit on 3-10-2008 by paxnatus]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
[

Really - I need a wakeup call? Uh,
yes.

you're in Ireland, sir, a region with one of the bloodiest histories ever and you have the gaul to judge my country on our political happenings? You know what they say about glass houses and throwing stones.
Your not correct and off topic soz, Don't start behaving like Elizabeth hasselback now
If you make such accusations you need to back them up. Instead of attacking
Don't start dissing other countries just because you can't hold a proper adult conversation on this board.

And I didn't call Katie Couric stupid, I called her a hack. Meaning I believe she's in the market of spin doctoring the political news any way she can to her party's advantage.
What does fox news do? Soz I need to get you a shovel bigger? BTW what you "think" isn't fact. BTW. Unless you can prove otherwise.

By insinuating that Palin was a 'bimbo' because she couldn't answer that question, the other poster insults anyone else who can't do the same, party affiliations notwithstanding.
Who insulted her? She's a grown adult, if she has respect, she will get respect. If she shows intellegence, she will get credit. It's really simple. She insulted herself by calling herself "a pit bull with lipstick" do you not think that's worse?

As for you, sir, you get your news about the U.S. through the media. I doubt you have any first hand knowledge of our country, but in case you do, you would know that in truth, things are not nearly as bad out there as the media wants us to believe. It's easy for the rest of the world to sit back and judge us from afar. Who is really the ignorant one here?

Sorry, I have Irish news, European news and American news. Right wing news (fox news) left wing (Cnbc) all the news stations pratically.

I've been paying attention to all the conventions. I've been paying attention to ATS alot recently. Listening to people and talking to people from all over the world.

It's your ignorance I'm just confronting Soz that's all really. Again I gather my dicernment on things, from my own perspective from the evidence clear in front of me. First way to show this is to be "AWARE" the Media dumb this down.

The real knowledge gained is getting it from your own sources, around you in this world, and the people around you. You depend soley on T.V like most of your brainwashed folks. I can watch the news, and still see facts from fantasy. I'm well aware of what is and what isn't.

Soz it's you who neeeds a wake up call. P.S we dont have the bloodiest history(Ireland) cut the crap please
get back on topic and stop been so ignorant please. Where do you get your new sources

[edit on 3-10-2008 by mind is the universe]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Honest to goodness people, if she had an ear piece do you think they would take a chance of anyone spotting it this easily?

With modern technology I am sure they could do better.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by slywhite
Sos. I love it. Finally someone who actually answers direct questions.
I'm not running for VP but yes I can cite ALL of the meaningful Supreme Court Decisions as it relates to the freedoms we now enjoy. That's because I am educated (BS) in the area of Political Science and Criminal Justice. And I have children that I am raising to be productive members of society. You make a great point that the president is to surround themselves with people who are the best in their particular discipline.
But there is something one of my professors used to say concerning "good and bad stops" and "search and seizure". That's police talk.... but he used to say, "You can't get there from here". Believe it or not, that one questions Katie Courich asked her is really elementary as it pertains to how someone can perform their job as a legislator. How can you do your job if you don't know what it is? That's the reason most municipalities are requiring cops to have bachelors degrees now. It's essential in how they perform their job. Just like your doctor. He has to know this stuff and how it's applied in real life situations. You don't have time to jump online and do research in the emergency room....and indeed my friend we are in a state of emergency. I'm not trying to be rude but she doesn't even know she isn't qualified which is even more scary. So yes I do know this stuff off the top of my head and I'm not running for VP. She is.

To be fair, let's suppose Barack Obama was asked a tough question by the media that he didn't have an answer to. I think he would have dodged the question and gone off on a tangent. Palin gave a straight answer and said she didn't know. Do you think she's being punished for giving a straight answer instead of a typical political dodge?

On the degrees, it does almost seems like to be in any seat in politics in DC, be it a representative or in a Senate seat, that you need a law degree. What about those with Political Science degrees? What about other degrees? Personally I have a 4 year degree in Computer Science, so I don't know if Supreme Court cases are covered in depth in Poli-Sci majors or whether it's mainly economics and government.

This also raises an interesting question - are there those in House of Rep. seats or Senate seats without law or poli-sci degrees? I'll have to do some digging and find out.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by scientist
SO, any possible way to post a screencap of her OTHER ear,

Working on it.

Even though some of these captures look very compelling, I'm going to say that my opinion is still definitely "inconclusive." She seems never to turn her head far enough to her left to really tell for certain if this is an earpiece, or a trick of hair highlights and lighting.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

What are you talking about you seem to just come out of knowhere and monitor me, please behave and get on topic

[edit on 3-10-2008 by mind is the universe]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Honest to goodness people, if she had an ear piece do you think they would take a chance of anyone spotting it this easily?

Well, they did it with the Shrub.

Quite possible that Palin was wired.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grafilthy
As far as Palin being as smart as Obama.......not by a long shot.

Govenor Palin is much more capable then uh-bama. Definately.
She isn't ready to be VP. But then again - neither is he.

You Tube report here about Reuters asking the election commission to check the ears of the candidates for earpieces. There was no followup as to if the candidates were checked. At least, i haven't found anything one way or the other ....

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

She is just not intellegent enough to answer's these question's.

OH?

I think you been had my friend,

Unless you can prove to me where she is,

A pitbull with lipstick is what she describes herself to be? I mean are pitbull's intellegent? She has no notion on the outside world either. So maybe it was harsh for me to say that "she's not intellegent enought to answer's these questions"

But she certainly cannot answer most of them.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Earpiece or lack there of, that's the topic, please stay on it.
You want to argue Palin's abilities, go to the Palin/Biden debate thread.

Peace

[edit on 3-10-2008 by Dr Love]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
It does appear that some sort of earpiece is attached to the frame of her glasses. It wouldn't surprise me if she needed a little help pulling her responses together.

I couldn't find anything that says that earpieces weren't allowed to be used as part of this debate. Has this been determined yet?

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Huffington Post

From the article

I'd learned that the Commission on Presidential Debates employs an individual as Frequency Coordinator. He's armed with a spectrum analyzer, a device capable of detecting communication by means of electrical, acoustic or optical waveform during the debate. “

For more, read the article. I can't follow the technical discussion.

The Commission is on the lookout for earpieces.

I still can't find if Reuters got their wish - to have the candidates checked before the debate.

The picture sure looks like it could be one.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Okay, last time I respond to you.

Did I say Ireland had THE bloodiest history? No. Go back and read. Here's what I said: "one of the bloodiest" (800-year Anglo-Irish conflict; IRA)

You get your news about America from the media and not first hand experience of the culture. However much you think you know about America, what you know is still handed to you by the media.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Good question. The fact is, because of the arena(Politics&Law), there isn't going to be a whole lot that gets by any of the members of congress etc. After all, most of them are lawyers. This is what they do. Just like you could probably run through a windows setup in your sleep... these guys are formally educated as it pertains to the constitution and foreign policy and informed on a daily basis of whats going on in the whole world. Especially here and in the middle east. Palin all but indorsed the Hamas(A terrorist organization that won an election) a few days ago because she isn't educated and prepared for what this job entails. I've had people ask me to do certain jobs where I had to say, I can't do that but I referred them to someone who could. She would have better served her county to decline. Educate herself by going to law school(she'd be admitted just because of her status) if she could pass. Then she could have come out and boasted the fact that she declined in the 2008 election because she didn't want to short change the country and possibly make a difference.
Personally, I don't think she could finish the curriculum but there are no do overs and she simply is qualified nor is McCain. He admittedly doesn't like to follow laws/rules like Bush. They try to sugar coat it by calling it a Maverick. It's criminal actually.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   

She seems never to turn her head far enough to her left to really tell for certain if this is an earpiece, or a trick of hair highlights and lighting.

She was immaculate in her grooming. I sincerely doubt that there was a hair out of place. But that's just me.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Does anyone think it's even possible that she purposefully sounded unintelligent in earlier interviews so everyones expectations of her would be low?

After the debate I switched to three different news channels; all were praising her on how well she did. Was she really that good or did we not expect much from her? While, I don't think she fell on her face, I do think she sounded heavily scripted.

With respect to the OP, I think if this were true it would be all over the internet.

I'd like to see a screen shot of her other ear and Biden's ears.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join