It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin Appears To Be Wearing an Earpiece During The Debate

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
[edit on 10/3/2008 by maria_stardust]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Here's what I see...

enhanced version...

[edit on 3-10-2008 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by slywhite
Not attacking what she said last night. It was pretty good because apparently she didn't have to formulate the thought herself. Repubs were up in arms about jumping on the bandwagon of someone who could only give speeches. How can you as an american defend a candidate who can't tell you what publication she reads or what benchmark supreme court cases she agrees or disagrees with. Anyone can give a speech but she is simply not prepared to be a VP. If you asked your doctor how he was going to cure your child of cancer and he couldn't tell you after you asked him specifically, you'd find a new doctor. Please admit that.

"It was pretty good because apparently she didn't have to formulate the thought herself."

Got any proof to back up that statement? Didn't think so.

"How can you as an american defend a candidate who can't tell you what publication she reads or what benchmark supreme court cases she agrees or disagrees with."

OHHHHHH so now I'm UN-AMERICAN for supporting my party am I? Can you name any supreme court cases besides Roe v Wade without looking anything up on Google (assuming you haven't between now and the time Palin was interviewed)? There are so many people that can't, including myself. Does this make me stupid? Does this make you stupid if you can't? Does this make the members of your party stupid if they can't?

I would tread lightly on that sentence above that you typed. You stand to lose a LOT of credibility calling people un-American for supporting their political parties and putting so much stock into STUPID questions made up by a hack reporter like Katie Couric (who is an Obama supporter).

"Anyone can give a speech but she is simply not prepared to be a VP. If you asked your doctor how he was going to cure your child of cancer and he couldn't tell you after you asked him specifically, you'd find a new doctor. Please admit that."

I agree with the doctor bit, but I disagree with your assessment about Palin being unready to assume the role as VP. She's got just as much experience as Barack Obama. He has had 1 term in the Senate and never served as Governor for any state.

If she is given the position of VP, she will do exactly what Barack Obama will do if he gets the POTUS spot, and that's surround themselves with people who are more experienced and rely on THEIR advice to make the big decisions.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Skeptic - thanks for posting. Where's the earpiece again???

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
So she has to have the help of an ear piece as well

And she's still running for vice president

Think thats sufficient enough for the point of this post

Oh god, I wonder why people give their power to these people. It's 2008 We need change!

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
OK.... I guess I should be more literal. Forget about my slang(Freakin). Apparently you don't know the significance of being a Rhode Scholar so like my father used to tell me, look it up for yourself and you'll never forget it . Secondly, George W. has a problem with malapropism. That's where you mistake words for others that sound similar; and he isn't very bright admittedly and I'm sure you don't want to debate that. Money and connections is what gets white people into these pretigous schools. Being better qualified than 95 percent of the applicants is what gets non whites into these schools. The fact is you said Palin is better prepared intellectually than OBama which is just stupid. What about McCain? He isn't either. The fact that you don't know what a Rhode Scholar is shows how uniformed you are and it's sad that American's will vote for someone just because of a party affiliation and not becuase they are the best person for the job. What would you do if your doctor couldn't tell you how he was going to cure your son or daughter of a serious illness after you asked him repeatedly? You'd find a new doctor.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by mind is the universe

Hey, look at the pic Skeptic Overlord posted. Where is the earpiece? Can you spot it?

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by sos37

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

It is a clear earpiece that has been fitted to her glasses. If you look closely you can see it a little above her earring.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by sos37

"It was pretty good because apparently she didn't have to formulate the thought herself."
She is not fit for the job end of.

OHHHHHH so now I'm UN-AMERICAN for supporting my party am I? Can you name any supreme court cases besides Roe v Wade without looking anything up on Google (assuming you haven't between now and the time Palin was interviewed)? There are so many people that can't, including myself. Does this make me stupid? Does this make you stupid if you can't? Does this make the members of your party stupid if they can't?
Soz you need a wake up call, I've seen you presenting yourself on other threads, I wouldn't be proud to be from any country going from judging by your no logic posts, or insane beliefs on your country. A lot of your beliefs are brainswashed and everyone who reads your posts will know that. One way to know this, is just observing or unbalanced view on anything. Your far right views, don't stand correct. You just believe them, but hey that's ok. But don't attack people for putting your BS on the spot though.

I would tread lightly on that sentence above that you typed. You stand to lose a LOT of credibility calling people un-American for supporting their political parties and putting so much stock into STUPID questions made up by a hack reporter like Katie Couric (who is an Obama supporter).
LMFAOO Soz you need a shovel. You just dig and dig, in most political threads. You just attack the poster, attack Couric and Attack Obama attack anyone for dissagreeing with your right wing nonsense and you do it for nothing, because you don't understand reality and because you blindly follow illogical beliefs, so therefore you snub or hate anyone for dissagreeing with you. This is called ignorance.

You need get real. Couric is doing her job, she did her job well. In fact it amazes me why you call Couric stupid, and never mentioned how stupid Palin was. Palin is a grown adult, it really is no one else's problem if Palin can't cope in a interview. Why are you attacking Couric, Please explain to me your "issue" here, to everyone. It just seems you just have a personal vendetta against her, and haven't really giving any logic explanation as to why?

I agree with the doctor bit, but I disagree with your assessment about Palin being unready to assume the role as VP. She's got just as much experience as Barack Obama. He has had 1 term in the Senate and never served as Governor for any state.
BS, back it up Soz, dont START your waffling, I'm telling you here and now. You say Obama is incompetent or whatever, then HERE you compare her to Obama, yet you support her, even though she is as thick as plank. Soz please explain what you are trying to assume, and why she is ready for the job? Obama and Palin are very different.

If she is given the position of VP, she will do exactly what Barack Obama will do if he gets the POTUS spot, and that's surround themselves with people who are more experienced and rely on THEIR advice to make the big decisions.
Again nonsense. Not facts, no evidence, no nothing just your silly opinions.

[edit on 3-10-2008 by mind is the universe]

link   
Well, if she did such a lousy job, as some are saying, why would she need an ear piece?

I think she did a good job, debate is her thing, can't we give her credit if it is deserved,

Golly, I'm just say'n,

She has been raked over the coals by the news media, let us cutteth her some slack.

link   
I think I can see it. It's hard to tell whether that's an earpiece or just part of her ear.

Do the debate rules stipulate that no earpieces should be used?

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Now let us think about this,

If she had an ear piece, wouldn't Biden have known, couldn't he have seen it?

and has anyone checked to see if Biden had an ear piece?

[edit on 103131p://bFriday2008 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Even if she wore an ear piece.....she still did not answer the questions. I can't believe there is any question in anyone's mind about who the smarter one on the stage was.

As far as Palin being as smart as Obama.......not by a long shot. She obviously can't think on the fly, let alone when she has a controlled forum with relatively straight forward questions. There were no "gotcha's".....She just sat there and with contempt, refused to answer ANY QUESTIONS.

As for the ear piece, who was on the other end??? (Dick Cheney? "Quick tell em' I need MORE power....")

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
It wouldn't of make a difference if he had known or not. He has to focus on his job.

He's been smart either way, even if he's aware or not.

BTW before right wing, republicans insane hillybillys come attacking me thinking I'm biased in my beliefs

I don't support Palin or Biden
I don't swing or side to any party or wing. my job is to stand centre, and clear the BS.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I don't think I could smoothly repeat what was being fed to my ear

dang she did a beter job then I thought.

[edit on 103131p://bFriday2008 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Sos. I love it. Finally someone who actually answers direct questions.
I'm not running for VP but yes I can cite ALL of the meaningful Supreme Court Decisions as it relates to the freedoms we now enjoy. That's because I am educated (BS) in the area of Political Science and Criminal Justice. And I have children that I am raising to be productive members of society. You make a great point that the president is to surround themselves with people who are the best in their particular discipline.
But there is something one of my professors used to say concerning "good and bad stops" and "search and seizure". That's police talk.... but he used to say, "You can't get there from here". Believe it or not, that one questions Katie Courich asked her is really elementary as it pertains to how someone can perform their job as a legislator. How can you do your job if you don't know what it is? That's the reason most municipalities are requiring cops to have bachelors degrees now. It's essential in how they perform their job. Just like your doctor. He has to know this stuff and how it's applied in real life situations. You don't have time to jump online and do research in the emergency room....and indeed my friend we are in a state of emergency. I'm not trying to be rude but she doesn't even know she isn't qualified which is even more scary. So yes I do know this stuff off the top of my head and I'm not running for VP. She is.

[edit on 3-10-2008 by slywhite]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by mind is the universe

Really - I need a wakeup call? Uh, you're in Ireland, sir, a region with one of the bloodiest histories ever and you have the gaul to judge my country on our political happenings? You know what they say about glass houses and throwing stones.

And I didn't call Katie Couric stupid, I called her a hack. Meaning I believe she's in the market of spin doctoring the political news any way she can to her party's advantage.

I stand by the statement I said about Supreme Court cases. Just because people can't name any Supreme Court cases right off the top of their head besides Roe v Wade doesn't make them stupid. By insinuating that Palin was a 'bimbo' because she couldn't answer that question, the other poster insults anyone else who can't do the same, party affiliations notwithstanding.

As for you, sir, you get your news about the U.S. through the media. I doubt you have any first hand knowledge of our country, but in case you do, you would know that in truth, things are not nearly as bad out there as the media wants us to believe. It's easy for the rest of the world to sit back and judge us from afar. Who is really the ignorant one here?

link   
reply to post by sos37

it's 2008, please.

She is just not intellegent enough to answer's these question's. Logic here prevails, she needs help. Before reading this thread, I use my logic, hindsight and gut instincts, on whether I believe she has an ear piece. My conclusion is that she has an ear piece. Although I have not seen the tape, so I don't have proof. But to feel that, is a strong enough guess IMO.

And she will get help. I've seen McCain so many times, going into a panick when she speaks. Cus she is stupid. You need to deal with that fact. She can't hold an interview, so with the technology we have in 2008, your party will use whatever they can to make her appear not "stupid" That is the goal here. Ear pieces hidden is not uncommon. let's be real here. She talks nonsense, did she have notes even?

Soz why do you support her? Cus she is republican, why do you support this nonsense? She maybe a good mother. But she is not fit for the job. You can scream and dance if you like.

You cannot change it, if you accept the fact or not

link   
SO, can you get a short HD vid posted up somewhere? This is one of those need-to-see-it-to-believe-it things.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join