It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

secret door in the side of a mountain, we peeked inside

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I just posted a large photo of the door (taken by someone else) and I stand by my description 100%.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
But you said:

We put a tiny flashlight and my eyeball to the hole and looked inside. What I saw was very confusing. It looked like drums or barrels of somesort of chemicals to my right side all stacked up. In the middle was what to me looked like white christmas lights all arranged on a wall in front of me in bizarre geometry shapes and patterns. It was like a white looking cord with what may or may not have been light bulbs every half foot. I'm not sure it was even light bulbs or what it was.. but it covered the entire wall (not ceiling) and kinda reminded me how a circuit board is laid out in the intricate patterns and pathways. Finally on the left side was a completely red flag or at least red material... with a white star in it. I did some research and the only flag that is all red with a white star is the anti-facist flag or basically an older communist flag made around 1956.

But the pictures don't show any of this stuff. Who is lying here?

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
This does not look very secret now does it?

The whole world passes by and can clearly see it.

"Look at the secret door"

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Maybe it's hiding in plain sight? And failing at it too hehe

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
the picture of a closed door? How is that going to show any of that. Go to the location indicated and verify what we witnessed. Sorry i'm not here to troll or makeup hoaxes. Again i stick to my story as it is exactly what we saw.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Did you check the flickr pictures? There are shots from the hole in the door there. That's what I mean.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
i saw that photo. It may have been taken at different section of the room that i was unable to see with the flashlight at 1am (his pic was taken during the daylight with no need for a flashlight and camera). Also i noticed that the flicker pics show TWO completely different doors. We only found one, but he may have a photo from a hole in the second door (if one exists there) that we did not see.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Ok so it's a different location. I'm starting to get confused, maybe I should go there myself

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
to clarify this is the exact door we found and to where the coordinates lead to

i42.photobucket.com...

I'm not sure where this door is... nor whats inside of it (if you look at both photos you will see they are two SEPERATE doors)

i42.photobucket.com...

finally this photo looks like a caved in view of another potential door.

i42.photobucket.com...

keep in mind we went to the area around 1am at night.

[edit on 4-8-2009 by hiii_98]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Ok. Now I get it. Waiting for images of the inside from the door you were at. Someone must live around there.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I am kind of confused. The picture you posted is going north from town towards I-70. About 5-10 miles north of Moab and way past the river-and not anyway in the direction of the La Sals, sort of en route to dead horse point due west of Arches NP.. Not just the other side of the river. In fact it looks like the area that sits opposite of Dragonfly canyon which is cordoned off by the potash processing group (other side of the cliff face).

That being said there are a few bomb shelters scattered around. The main one I know of is actually inside the main rail just west of the tailings pile north of Moab.

Funny part is the more recent pics of the outside remind me of a place right next to the American Legion building in Moab. Just a bit over a hill. The door there is open though, really slip path through a rocky area to what I think was part of the water table... Been a long time since I was there.

[edit on 9-7-2010 by lordtyp0]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Ok. Now I get it. Waiting for images of the inside from the door you were at. Someone must live around there.

Also eager to see these...

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Is this on BLM land? If so, they have been making an effort for years to get any open mine shafts, closed up. Obviously this door is not too secret if you were able to go up to it.

Utah had a boom for uranium mining in the 1950s for a while. Thats most likely what it is, is an mine shaft that has since been closet up to prevent people falling.

I know it does not sound exciting, or evoke images of a grand conspiracy, but it is what is most likely

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I've checked your post out for a while (lurker for sure) and I'm always impressed at the level of support you provide for your claims. I think this was a cool find and am of the belief that it is some kind of storage probably for the explosives needed for mining activity but what do I know. I just wanted you to know some people appreciate your posts bro.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by hiii_98

Very interesting find!!

If anyone goes back, tell them not to open any barrells of anything. No telling what could be in them. Depending on what's in them, if it's nerve toxin or something else you can be forever impacted by just a small amount splashing in your face or getting on your hands.

I know of one horror story in particular that took place up here at Clear AFB in Alaska where a guy found an old jug of something in a storage room, dropped it and it splashed right on his hand. His skin actually started to discolor and die and he was sick for weeks. It has pretty much healed now but he still has bizarre medical problems to this day and he has no idea what was in that jug..

The military prior to the vietnam era wasn't exactly known for being environmentally friendly. Here in Alaska they actually dumped radioactive waste from a nuclear reactor right into the nearby river. Not to mention the testing of chemical/biological weapons on our own soldiers that took place under "Project Shad".. Twice the experimental reactor at the base went critical and noone said squat. Only decades later did anyone say anything about it. This isn't even the tip of the iceberg either.

Please keep safety in mind, and that goes for anyone else who might enter the site too!!

That being said, entering the site sounds like it would be alot easier than using a cutting torch on the lock though. Shotgun and/or hacksaw wouldn't work?

Just to make sure I'm seeing this right, this is what I see in your video:

- Red dots/markings on the wall (What the heck are those?)
- Something resembling a steel cylinder with a small pipe coming out of it close to the ground.
-bunch of blue cloths scattered across the floor.

The blue cloths could be some kind of absorbant material for toxic substances seeing as they appear on the floor along the wall. The place is locked for a reason, nonetheless!

The ventilation system would've needed to be very carefully designed and installed to maintain the illusion the site was really part of the mountain. You say it had ventilation ducts/louvers above AND below the door?

One thing you might consider is setting up a covertly-placed camera with a motion sensor like hunters do for monitoring deer, bears & moose. Just to see what or who would appear in the photos.

-ChriS

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Seeing as the door(s) are near a popular recreational area near the river another idea would be to contact some of your local state agencies and inquire what the site is used for.

Someone locally doesn't want people going in there and I'm assuming it would be a state agency like parks & rec, or at least your local equivalent.

-ChriS

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by hiii_98

Originally posted by emsed1
Awesome creepy story though. When you going back?

I wish someone local or visiting would rent a cutting torch and chop off that lock completely. The curiosity of what was inside was beyond intense. However of all the places i still want to visit, I unfortunately dont plan on this being anytime soon for me.

I was hoping someone had an idea of what this secret bunker was for, and I assume we have others across the US.

4 words

home depot
cordless grinder
problem solved

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by habu71
The Utah/Nevada area has many "dug into a mountain" facilities, all mil or USG.....

The coordinates (use GE or Google maps with satellite) below shows what appears to be a dummy Russian airfield.....BUT, upon closer examination, we find a maintained runway AND a massive opening into a mountain....

40°25'48.11"N 113°17'25.64"W

This may be slightly off topic, but when looking at your 'dummy Russian airfield', I found something strange. Looks like a giant well or something, so not sure if you might know?

maps.google.co.uk...,-4.064941&sspn=12.113693,39.50683 6&ie=UTF8&ll=40.354026,-113.315585&spn=0.00381,0.009645&t=h&z=17

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
If you ever got a chance to go back and bring the appropriate tools to get in I think you would find some very old military items worth a fortune. The red star represents a very high up official in that military organization.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by demiroyale
If you ever got a chance to go back and bring the appropriate tools to get in I think you would find some very old military items worth a fortune. The red star represents a very high up official in that military organization.

I agree with you. Even if the OP doesn't go, someone else in that area should go and take a video of the whole thing. That would be such an amazing conclusion to this thread!!

This thread is so interesting to me because it gives me a stirring, adventurous sensation in my gut that not many ATS threads stir up.

What was captured in the OP's video is so bizarre that it just raises more questions than answers.

The flag tells us that the site is somehow military related. But that doesn't make sense since the site is on public land.

And what the heck is the deal with the intricate lights and the other stuff in the video that doesn't make any sense?

One thing I will point out though is that although it would be illegal to "break" in, it wouldn't be illegal to be granted access to the site.

As I said before, local and/or State agencies might be just as curious as you. They might actually break the lock themselves and get in just to make sure nothing "creepy" is going on since the door is on public land. OR, they might already know what the site is used for and be more than willing to cooperate and grant one access. You never know!

What is clear is that what is in the video isn't all there is. Who knows how deep that cavern goes? What is with the barrels? What is with the bluish-colored cloths/rags on the floor in the video? What on earth are people doing there? And if the site is sealed up on purpose, why would they want to keep people out?

Alot of the old mines and tunnels up here in Alaska are still accessible. Even some of them that were on land later purchased by the military. But this place is different. The vents near the door tell you this place was constructed and ventilated for some reason.

-ChriS

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join