It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 2nd Amendment - The Truth

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by riggs2099

I am glad that you feel comfortable calling yourself a MAN who can only protect his own and also his family with a weapon. Unlike some of us who can be a full man without a weapon by our side 24/7.

You and your posts are prime examples of why retroactive abortion is needed.

Your thoughts are without logic, sense, or rationale.

Were the Founding Fathers not "full men" since they carried the modern arms of their time?

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

Ok then pasty lil scrawny men too then
. sorry my mistake.
Last post from me, I only talk with real men

[edit on 28-7-2008 by riggs2099]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   

. sorry my mistake.

Be gone then, un-intelligent name calling has no place here. When you, my simple minded friend, are MAN enough to carry on an intelligent conversation without resorting to name calling then feel free to join us. Until then this thread, and forum, will be better off without 10 year old antics. Grow up and come back when your sole arguement isn't "I think this way so your all stupid cowards"

I mean seriously how can you expect to be taken seriously when you act like that?

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by slackerwire

I am glad that you feel comfortable calling yourself a MAN who can only protect his own and also his family with a weapon. Unlike some of us who can be a full man without a weapon by our side 24/7.

You and your posts are prime examples of why retroactive abortion is needed.

Your thoughts are without logic, sense, or rationale.

Were the Founding Fathers not "full men" since they carried the modern arms of their time?

Now what exactly does that comment have to do with the 2nd Amendment, slackerwire?

Just because you do not like someone else's comment, does not give you the right to be a verbal bully in expressing your beliefs with a nasty comment about pre-meditated murder through killing a child.

I'm a pro-gun person, and will defend your right to own a weapon, but not you bullying someone else. Just because you tote guns around for some of the jobs you've worked or are currently working, doesn't make you more of a man than anyone else in the rest of this world.

Originally posted by slackerwire

. sorry my mistake.

By real men, do you mean the men who come over and tag your wife when youre out at your blue collar 7-11 clerk job?

Do I need to express that I know the knowledge of what you meant with that crude barbarian reference to "tag" means here within ATS bounds?

Trust that I know what it means, and that's nothing complimentary, it's an entirely derogatory comment, and you know I know what it means.

Oh, to Hell with it, to "tag" someone, slackerwire is referencing someone else is screwing riggs2099's wife while he's working.

slackerwire, grow up sometime in this decade. Don't make Me break out the big words like on the Blackwater thread I did where I own you.

Blackwater : Right-Wing Conservative America, Whether You Like It Or Not...

Believe it or not, slackerwire, I kind of like you, but not when you show that level of maturity on ATS.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   

The NRA...lol. Bunch of over wieght men and women with paranoid issues. I would go to the NRA and call them cowards if I thought for sure one of them would stand up to me, man to man. Most likely not...point a gun at my head and threaten me...cuz I would mess them up. 6' 3 257lbs not overweight like most NRA probably are.
Oh yeah this one is for the NRA...YEE HAW...HYUCK HYCUK

WEll Brave No Gu Man..Just how will you protect yourself if the time comes that you are forced to? Are you going to say to the would be attacker that he is a coward? Will you offer to fight him man to man? I have become more than a little curious on just how a great man like you will show the rest of us the error of our ways Please educate us just how we need to defend ourselves.

I want to know how to react when some dope head breaks into my house and holds me by gunpoint. I a disabled and would have trouble standing toe to tow with the gunman but you seem to have been enlightened in the ways of dealing with a violent home invasion (this happens a lot you know).

You wouldn't go into an NRA meeting can call them cower eds because I believe that you are one of those people that can talk big using the anonymity of the internet. All members are not old fat white men that need a gun to be a man. And I'm sure that there are many men and women in great shape to educate you in using manners when talking about things you know nothing about. But back to the point.

I am curious to know just what you will go when someone decided to break in your house. how will you protect your family when they decide that your stuff is not enough? They might not want a Rent-A-Center PC and the few trinkets you might have around. What if it's not your stuff they want? what if it's IS your family they want....What are you going to to?

[edit on 7/29/2008 by DrumJunkie]

[edit on 7/29/2008 by DrumJunkie]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   

reply to post by dariousg

I am not a child and yes martial arts but not for awhile..unless ten years is awhile. I have stated before in another thread that I am in the air force and yes I do carry a weapon but when I am off I don't. I will always see a man or woman that carry a weapon to feel secure about life as cowards or just plain old paranoid. You say I am saying my family is expendable...thats not the way we view it...my wife agrees on the no gun policy that I choose to live by. We never view our lives as people that need to live in constant fear. Someone coming into our house and killing us, what are the odds...slim to none. And if it happens and we do get killed because the guy had a weapon...well the people to blame would be the ones with guns in thier homes. What else is a criminal supposed to do...if the people they target are armed then they might as well arm themselves. I see a few people gung ho and saying well if so and so come and do this then watch out. The truth is you have no idea what you will do and will most likely overreact and get your entire family killed. I have seen many men, talk like they do and crumble under the pressure or just overreact to a situation that wasn' t that bad in the first place.

I was the victim of an attempted cat jacking. What saved both my life and my can was the fact that the gun he out to my head would not cycle correctly. The jacker was met with a Springfield 1911 A1 that works very well. While he cleared a jam I got what I had out and let him know that a 45ACP makes a lot more damage than a 380. He did fire on me..And I him. So in reply to your statement..I do know what I will do. I know exactly how I'll react. don't believe me? Come on over some late night. I'm usually up being my medical troubles whittle away at my sleep.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evisscerator
If our government becomes so tyrannical and unresponsive to the People, we are OBLIGATED by our constitution to take it back and restore it to the will of the founding fathers, who left it in our care.

I haven't had a chance to read the whole thread but I just wanted to say how poignant this point is. I'm not American, but you yanks are fortunate enough to have the blessing of your founding fathers wherever you see it fit to overthrow the current administration. We in Britain are not expected to replace our rulers under any circumstance and for that reason, we'll probably never be empowered to do so.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Just a thought but maybe if you guys grew some....you wouldn't feel the need to have guns to feel secure. I have always found gun owners to be the biggest cowards there are, take away thier guns and they got nothing. Guess people who can't be man or woman enough on thier own, you would need guns. Like i said just a thought. I don't own a gun and I feel perfectly safe. Keep your guns I say what ever empowers you.

[edit on 27-7-2008 by riggs2099]

I am going to assume that your life experiences are few so think about movies or tv shows for a second. How many bad instances do you see that could have been avoided if the subject was armed? That knife is scary, but this is a glock; get off my cornbread you heathen. Unless you battle evil like The Norris, you may want to think about what you are saying. Some people like the extra level of protection because some people aren't 'man' enough to be impervious to everything. Surprisingly, most people aren't immortal. This doesn't even enter into the real reason of gun rights(to protect ourselves from our own government).

I see this thread has ignited a flame war of sorts, I just wanted to add my $.02 on some comments made.

I haven't had a chance to read the whole thread but I just wanted to say how poignant this point is. I'm not American, but you yanks are fortunate enough to have the blessing of your founding fathers wherever you see it fit to overthrow the current administration. We in Britain are not expected to replace our rulers under any circumstance and for that reason, we'll probably never be empowered to do so.

Revolution is a common theme in our culture. Our origin is in not submitting to authority, and many continue this idea today.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Evisscerator

Starred and flagged and much applause for you, sir! An outstanding post! Amazing that you understand this, but four liberal supreme court justices with extensive college educations don't.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

You're kidding right?

Little boy, the only thing you have "owned" is the abuse I dish out to you in every thread we post in.

Doofus here didn't intend on having an intellectual debate in this thread, he simply wanted to act like a douchebag.

I never once claimed carrying a gun makes someone "more of a man".

Seriously, get a girlfriend and unplug for a while, it seems your social skills are diminishing.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by XTexan

If it bleeds we can kill it with a projectile weapon.

-Euclid

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   

reply to post by XTexan

Riggs, WTF is it with you? There is a reason that in the old west the colt 45 was called the "equalizer". You think your tough.... you may be..... Other people aren't. They may not be built like a boxer, or athelete; or know a martial art (HTH combat), they/we need something that puts us on an equal playing field with uneducated, anti-American, sub-human, Cro-Magnon knuckle-dragging, traitors like your self; that serve in our military. Undoubtedly you will be among those that the NWO send out to confiscate our weapons and I will be more than happy to give it to you bullets first. There is no way in all your macho-manliness that you can out-run or out-maneuver 45ACP or 5.56NATO rounds.

I look forward to terminating the existence of traitors in US Armed forces clothing like you.

-Euclid

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Since the US Supreme Court reversed the lower court decision in Washington D.C. regarding the right of the people to own guns, I have had several conversations with people. It appears that folks don't understand what and why we have the 2nd Amendment. So, let me quickly explain what it means to have it.

The 2nd Amendment was set in place because the surfs in England were never allowed to own or possess weapons. The Royalty feared that if they had weapons, they would over throw the Crown.

So, our founding fathers with lots of forethought, added the 2nd Amendment to our Constitution so that (1) we could defend ourselves, (2) defend and protect our families, (3) defend and protect our property, and (4) defend our Constitution by taking back tyrannical government when it became oppressive and there was no other solution available.

Some might argue that retaking our government at the barrel of gun would be tantamount to treason, but that is simply not the case. If our government becomes so tyrannical and unresponsive to the People, we are OBLIGATED by our constitution to take it back and restore it to the will of the founding fathers, who left it in our care.

In recent years, the holders of the Office of the President of the United States have been usurping the Authority of the Constitution and upsetting the checks and balances in place by issuing Executive Orders that usurp the Rights of the People without the Approval of the other two branches of government. This continues to go unchecked and unresolved.

As the string of mega disasters begins, we will see such usurpations actually brought forth and yet the People lack the will or desire to stop it in our legislatures and courts.

The People will not rise up against the government and take it back until every resemblance of FREEDOM is gone and removed. Then and only then, will the PEOPLE rise up and take their country back. At that time, it may be too late.

Dead on, as a black american, my take is a bit different as to why being a gun owner is important to me..for all the reasons stated in this excellent post, but also, because of gun control's history here in the USA..take a look at this..
www.firearmsandliberty.com...

that yamamoto quote is brilliant..it saddens me that, the whole time I've been alive, the american people have not been treated with the same respect that yamamoto showed there. Maybe because we stopped respecting ourselves..

[edit on 30-7-2008 by dragonseeker]

[edit on 30-7-2008 by dragonseeker]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   

reply to post by dariousg

I am not a child and yes martial arts but not for awhile..unless ten years is awhile. I have stated before in another thread that I am in the air force and yes I do carry a weapon but when I am off I don't. I will always see a man or woman that carry a weapon to feel secure about life as cowards or just plain old paranoid. You say I am saying my family is expendable...thats not the way we view it...my wife agrees on the no gun policy that I choose to live by. We never view our lives as people that need to live in constant fear. Someone coming into our house and killing us, what are the odds...slim to none. And if it happens and we do get killed because the guy had a weapon...well the people to blame would be the ones with guns in thier homes. What else is a criminal supposed to do...if the people they target are armed then they might as well arm themselves. I see a few people gung ho and saying well if so and so come and do this then watch out. The truth is you have no idea what you will do and will most likely overreact and get your entire family killed. I have seen many men, talk like they do and crumble under the pressure or just overreact to a situation that wasn' t that bad in the first place.

Well, I won't insult you the way you've insulted others in this thread.. I'll just say your life experience sounds extremely limited. Anything can and will happen. people get murdered every day..just because you don't think it won't happen to you doesn't mean it won't. Your thread reeks of the thinking of one who has been indoctrinated..you have no understanding of our collective past, you think yourself warm and safe in whatever corner of america you're in, but you're not. Who's there for you? the police? they're there for the aftermath of crime, their preventative value is small. It's your house, your wife, your kids, your family, your responsibility, PERIOD. Everything else is bull#. Wake up, bro.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Lets face it folks. The Right to petition in the first amendment has no teeth without the second amendment right to bear arms.

A petition for redress of grievance is likely to be ignored by the government as they have thus far. Now if a petition for the redress of grievance is delivered on the tip of a fixed bayonet it will be respected a great deal more.

When government feels no threat of repercussions as when they have a monopoly on the use of force they have no motivation to ever listen to their people's grievances.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cythraul

If our government becomes so tyrannical and unresponsive to the People, we are OBLIGATED by our constitution to take it back and restore it to the will of the founding fathers, who left it in our care.

Did not William Wallace make the point that YOU have the RIGHT to FREEDOM?
Was it not enough for the Crown to dismember his body and send it to the 4 corners of England enough to inspire YOU and the rest of the SURFS to know that FREEDOM is in your own HANDS .... All you have to do is EXERCISE IT ?
If you read my entire comment, you'll find that I was 100% absolutely correct in why we have the 2nd Amendment. You only need to know that what WE did was to set the rest of you FREE. Now, you only have to do that for yourselves.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Just a thought but maybe if you guys grew some....you wouldn't feel the need to have guns to feel secure. I have always found gun owners to be the biggest cowards there are, take away thier guns and they got nothing. Guess people who can't be man or woman enough on thier own, you would need guns. Like i said just a thought. I don't own a gun and I feel perfectly safe. Keep your guns I say what ever empowers you.

[edit on 27-7-2008 by riggs2099]

I think you went to public school and watched to many movies Riggs.

I own a troy built roto tiller..but I should probably till it with a fork and hoe to prove I am a man and have some gonads between my legs. Same thing with my skill and electric miter saws...do it all with a hand saw to show I have some brass ones between my legs.
I should give up my air compressor and air tools too...by your non standards. Give up my chain saw and cut everything with an axe and hand saw.
Only public schooling (television education) can dumb people down this far.

I dont give a flying you know what about what or how others think of my manhood/gonads.

I pay for and manage this property here. I protect it myself. I dont wait for the local constabulary to show up after the fact and take data to justify more constabulary/politicians.

I taught myself how to shoot and also to reload. How to pick locks, How to do machinery work..including rebuild the engines in my cars and trucks.
Mopeds and scooters too. How to roof this house and garage too.
I can fix my washing machine and dryer both as well as use an olde fashioned washboard and clothes line.

Dont ever try to pawn off your version of manhood off on me or others who know the difference. I also put uranium fuel cells in nuclear reactors for a living.
I am not better than others for doing this type of work as I know that farming is a very dangerous occupation and I tip my hat to all these types of people who know what a set of gonads it takes to accomplish such work ...male and female. An electric lineman is a very dangerous occupation too. Firefighter too.

The important thing here is that lots of folks from coast to coast of this country have gonads in the jobs/occupations they do. Whether they choose to have and use a gun or not is thier buisness...it does not in any way take away from the gonads they possess.

As Americans we have the right to own guns if we so choose...just as we have the right not to own...

It in no way reflects on our manhood or womanhood either way we choose to exercise our right to own or not to own.

Only public education(television education ) can dumb us down so far we lose sight of this concept and substitute placebos in the place of our fundamental rights

My rights are not for sale or barter in lieu of someone elses placebo view of manhood or gonads.
No thanks. To many Americans have died for my rights to give them up for such nonsesnse. Hell...Riggs...your post doesnt even make good nonsense.

Thanks,
Orangetom

[edit on 31-7-2008 by orangetom1999]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
riggs, i dont know who you are and i hope to god i will never meet somebody that is scum like you. I have owned a gun since i was 8 years old. i have never owned one to make myself feel manly or anything of the like. I started owning guns because of the culture i was raised in, i will protect my family in any means i must use. If i can use my words, thats more power to me, if i have to use my hands, or a weapon of any kind, i will, and i will not be afraid to do so. There is NOTHING cowardly about using a gun to protect you or your family.

I'm sorry, but for those who say that when the criminals dont have guns, we wont need them....that is quite far from the truth. The founding fathers didnt include the right to bear arms to protect us from home invaders, but for the ability to protect ourselves from threats to freedom, foreign and domestic. If the government tries to take away all of our weapons, it is a direct assault to those freedoms that we were promised. I'm not going to say that they will take my guns when they are pried from my cold dead hands because that is just overly dramatic. But i will say that i am fully ready to do anything that is necessary to protect my rights.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Wow, some shocking childishness in this thread.

Personally, I'm a gun owner and a Second Amendment supporter, though I don't feel much need for a firearm for self-defense.

I live in the safest big city in the US (San Diego) in a low crime neighboorhood.

I like firearms because they're cool pieces of precision technology - pretty much the same reason I like sportscars and motorcycles.

Given that I have no criminal record, I fail to see how a silly fear of an inanimate object gives others the right to interfere with my right to enjoy a hobby, especially considering that it happens to be protected by the Bill of Rights.

Don't like the Second Amendment?

Try to get it repealed via a Constitutional Amendment.

Just don't expect a great deal of support.

Pretending an element of the Constitution doesn't exist or is "obsolete" because it gets in the way of imposing your will on others is a bad idea however - such arguments could be just as easily applied to deprive you of the rights guaranteed by the other nine amendments in the Bill of Rights...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join