It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 2nd Amendment - The Truth

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+55 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Since the US Supreme Court reversed the lower court decision in Washington D.C. regarding the right of the people to own guns, I have had several conversations with people. It appears that folks don't understand what and why we have the 2nd Amendment. So, let me quickly explain what it means to have it.

The 2nd Amendment was set in place because the surfs in England were never allowed to own or possess weapons. The Royalty feared that if they had weapons, they would over throw the Crown.

So, our founding fathers with lots of forethought, added the 2nd Amendment to our Constitution so that (1) we could defend ourselves, (2) defend and protect our families, (3) defend and protect our property, and (4) defend our Constitution by taking back tyrannical government when it became oppressive and there was no other solution available.

Some might argue that retaking our government at the barrel of gun would be tantamount to treason, but that is simply not the case. If our government becomes so tyrannical and unresponsive to the People, we are OBLIGATED by our constitution to take it back and restore it to the will of the founding fathers, who left it in our care.

In recent years, the holders of the Office of the President of the United States have been usurping the Authority of the Constitution and upsetting the checks and balances in place by issuing Executive Orders that usurp the Rights of the People without the Approval of the other two branches of government. This continues to go unchecked and unresolved.

As the string of mega disasters begins, we will see such usurpations actually brought forth and yet the People lack the will or desire to stop it in our legislatures and courts.

The People will not rise up against the government and take it back until every resemblance of FREEDOM is gone and removed. Then and only then, will the PEOPLE rise up and take their country back. At that time, it may be too late.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
starred and flagged... You speak the truth, i commend you for it and agree wholeheartedly. Be ready though... the anti-gunners will be here soon, sadly they are the group you speak of that won't realize the error of their ways until it is to late... Once again, great post

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Star and flag. Great presentation, I think you are completely right. People seem to get a hold of things at last moment even that going on in their own lives. It's sad but most people think, even if something happens they will just move on, but not many really understand there might be no plays to move on to anymore.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
S&F from me, as well. I will not say I think you're right. I will say I know you're right.

The issue today is that so many are fooled by the pretense of "business as usual," while in the shadows machinations are taking place to destroy what the Founding Individuals set up for us. They THINK they're safe, and the "Patriot" Act was "for their own good."

They buy the MSM La-dee-da, All-is-well creppola. They will not believe that anyone would have it in for this country (never mind Project Paperclip! It is irrelevant to today!).

And there will be those anti-gun people who will insist we would NEVER have a need to get rid of an oppressive government. This is The Land of the Free! (Just not free to carry a weapon, alter consciousness, be safe from property seizure if someone merely accuses one of having illegal substances, stand up and tell the truth, hear ALL the news, know what the government is doing, and on and on.)

Yes, the anti-gun people will be the ones who open their eyes last.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Great post, and I agree with every word you said.

Just one question, what does this have to do with aliens and UFOs?

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
you said it right! more people in the are usa should see it that way. have a look at my thread on the 2nd admenment.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 26-7-2008 by slayerfan]

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Starred and flagged as well. Armed America is the reason the Japanese never committed to a serious offensive on American soil...Pearl Harbor notwithstanding.

"You cannot invade the mainland United States.
There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass."

- Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by netwarrior

"You cannot invade the mainland United States.
There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass."

- Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Just wanted to say, that quote by Admiral Yamamoto is beautiful and I will be adding it to my sig... hope you dont mind... u2u if you do...

The only quote better than that one is:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
- The Constitution of the United States of America - 2nd Amendment

We should ALWAYS be on our toes in regards to keeping a close eye on our government... not just "in these dire times" but ALWAYS

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
A couple of things to consider.

When you look at our documents as a whole. Free speech is paramount to anything that was considered. This is number one on the Amendment list. How you going to back that up, use number 2. Right to carry arms.

Seems they had it just about right.....

As for the "holder of the Presidential office" taking away rights, it's much more involved than Bush, Clinton, Bush. At least Reagan had the right idea, a smaller Federal government so the people can do without intervention for everything, (love him or hate him, it's up to you as individuals, but he wanted a smaller government).

Congress has had their dirty hands in all these actions and so have activists judges making laws instead of interpreting the law as established. The whole system is just rotting from the bottom up.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
S&F! Great post!

I agree completely. It is our obligation to see that the Constitution is upheld. Even when the government decides otherwise.

The Aliens and UFO thing throws me, though.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Federal Disarmament Policy has been to regulate firearms out of your reach by making them too expensive for future generations toown.

The recent Supreme Court Ruling that we all know and love is a good thing, but it does in no way stop the trend towards increased regulation. Licensing, registration, and technologicla 'requirements' of all sorts (such as gun locks) will eventually price guns out of the average person's reach.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Just a thought but maybe if you guys grew some....you wouldn't feel the need to have guns to feel secure. I have always found gun owners to be the biggest cowards there are, take away thier guns and they got nothing. Guess people who can't be man or woman enough on thier own, you would need guns. Like i said just a thought. I don't own a gun and I feel perfectly safe. Keep your guns I say what ever empowers you.

[edit on 27-7-2008 by riggs2099]

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by riggs2099
Just a thought but maybe if you guys grew some....you wouldn't feel the need to have guns to feel secure. I have always found gun owners to be the biggest cowards there are, take away thier guns and they got nothing. Guess people who can't be man or woman enough on thier own, you would need guns. Like i said just a thought. I don't own a gun and I feel perfectly safe. Keep your guns I say what ever empowers you.

[edit on 27-7-2008 by riggs2099]
I'm sorry, but I personally believe that if criminals have the means to own guns, I should be able to have such a weapon to defend myself as well. You may have the "balls" to take on an armed criminal with merely your fists, but I am proud to say that I am coward enough to protect myself and my loved ones with a gun.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
At least you can admit that
. Not many can.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
We should remember that civil ownership of firearms serves one more important purpose. If we are disarmed, then our government will have no reason to listen to us.

It's been suggested that a few dusty old guns in the hands of civilians would stand no chance against today's modern military. Somebody needs to tell that to the insurgents in Iraq, and in otehr parts of the world.

Our goal should be to have these things and never need them.

Sidebar: In 1994, an intruder entered my apartment. If I had not been armed...

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Why is this in Aliens & UFOs forum?

Anyway, I take my right to own a firearm very serous. I'm not a gun nut but I do rest better at night knowing if some crazy nut job busts in my house I wont have to take my family to a room and lock the door and wait for 911 to respond. I think the old saying sums it up for me. Id rather have it and not need it, then need it and not have it.

[edit on 27-7-2008 by Digital_Reality]

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
When, not if Obama is installed by the Junta he is going to sign the UN millennium project. He has already stated this.
America will feel the brunt of the full U.N. assault forces landing in America to come for your guns.
Now you can fight to the death and go down as true American patriots,or capitulate . The choice is yours to make.
Those that do not fight to their deaths will be looked upon as the scum of the earth in time.
your armed forces will not defend you your police will not defend you
ask an Australian what it is like.
Ask the British what it is like to be given a ticket for smoking in his own vehicle
to have cameras up his ass, for this and much more is coming for you.
they have been spying on you for years ,they already knows you have the guns
by what they have said online,in their mailing,on the telephone.
by the time Obama has finished with you your not going to have a bb gun to your name even

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Evisscerator

Broadcast stuff like this on local and national news, put the theme in movies and print it in nationwide publications, an we will see an uprising. The seed of it must be planted before it can grow. Most folks in America are not "free thinkers" and need direction! The main stream media knows this and manipulates everything in our lives by directing the masses. Given control of the MSM by the right group and having this message drilled into the heads of Americans would no doubt spark an uprising.

So, I guess what I am saying is that the media is more powerful than any politician...and luckily, we still (for the mean time) have freedom of speech. Hopefully this type of message is spread to the masses before we lose the freedom to speak!

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I will die for my rights, my freedom, my family and my friends. Do not f--k with us.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by hinky
A couple of things to consider.

When you look at our documents as a whole. Free speech is paramount to anything that was considered. This is number one on the Amendment list. How you going to back that up, use number 2. Right to carry arms.

Seems they had it just about right.....

As for the "holder of the Presidential office" taking away rights, it's much more involved than Bush, Clinton, Bush. At least Reagan had the right idea, a smaller Federal government so the people can do without intervention for everything, (love him or hate him, it's up to you as individuals, but he wanted a smaller government).

Congress has had their dirty hands in all these actions and so have activists judges making laws instead of interpreting the law as established. The whole system is just rotting from the bottom up.

Bump

As Ron Paul and Lyndon Larouche have stated,the constitution is what must be adhered to in order to save the nation .

Indeed !
Americans that understand the realities facing them ,to
make the uneducated simpletons understand this know that their task is monumental it is so because the realizations ,revelations of the past 5 years
should of been made 40 years ago and acted upon then.
Today too many Americans are lost,screwed up and divided.
there is no American people as such there are black Americans, white Americans, native Americans ,colored Americans,but no undivided peoples called United States citizens.
The people are so messed up they vote for obama, Mcain,Bush, Clinton
over the likes of Lyndon Larouche Denis Kucinich, Ron Paul.
in effect they vote for pretty faces, smooth talkers and charlatans.

video.google.ca...#

only 2 out of 5 American voters can name the three branches of Amereican Govt
only 1 out of 7 Americans can find Iraq on a map
80 % of Americans thought Saddam caused 911 when Americans entered the war.
clearly those are scores for mentally ill people.

This is below third world levels folks
How can Canada merge with this in the NAU
i wonder if exploding 1200 nuclear bombs in America has something to do with being retarded.
I know many Americans are not like this I see many Smart Americans on this board but look around you are you not surrounded by a see of ill informed backward idiots ?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join