It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 2nd Amendment - The Truth

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by riggs2099

You baffle me my friend. I'm glad that you stand behind your convictions but the way you go about it is just a bit childish. First you call people a coward for having a gun (guns, what allowed this country to declare its indepence.) Now you call them 'little man'. My grandfather fought in WWII and the Korean conflict. He helped to design many of the first computer programs used by the Navy as well. Back when it was a pain in the butt to do so. He was a very intelligent man that had the heart of a lion. At the age of 72 he had to defend his and his wife's life against a criminal that outweighed him by at least 100 pounds and HAD A GUN.

Good luck being half as much a man as he was. Your childish way in which you attack people says a lot about who you really are.

"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the chaos and destruction I bring with me is another matter."

What? You going to flex your guns at your Maker? I pin you as some kid that has studied martial arts for a while and has an overexaggerated opinion of yourself. Just a THOUGHT.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I agree wholeheartedly as to the OP's reasons for having the 2nd Amendment, and as I consider myself a "Libertarian Consititutionalist," I agree that both parties have overstepped their bounds in government to an extent. However, the current presidential administration, and the conservative members of the Supreme Court, are the people that support the 2nd Amendment. I do think they have done some bad things, but I'm jjust saying that they believe people should have access to guns.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
How can one say that anyone is a coward for having the acorns to protect ones home and family from any threat that might bring itself to their doorstep?

It would seem to me the cowards way would be to just let this threat in do do as it will then cry that someone should have been there to help them. As with most liberal anti gun nuts personal responsibilities are seen a poorly uneducated extremist. Americans have the responsibility to protect themselves from threats not only from bad people who might want to hurt them or their families but from a government that tries to oppress them.

The Constitution gives us these rights so that the document that protects our liberties can be protected. Your average liberal does not want these responsibilities and chooses to hand it all over to big government. The WE in We the people are supposed to be us...Not the government that tries to oppress it's citizens. Sure, hand all out rights over then nothing will be your fault. It will be the fault of whatever you are running from. It's not your fault that you didn't make it through college because you partied all the time and never did the work required. It is the colleges fault for not pampering your hung over bottom and just passing you because you had shown up and therefore you deserve a reward. It's not the teens fault that he runs into school and shoots his classmates. It's the fault of the music they listened to. It's the fault of the video games they played. Just put some more government in place to protect us from ourselves.

The freedoms promised in the Constitution are not free. We all pay the price by going into the voting booth. WE will pay the price if/when citizens choose rise up and take back the country. It is paid back in personal responsibility.

We don't get a free ride just because we show up. There are no prizes to elevate your self esteem. There is no bravery in the denial of actions to keep you and/or families safe.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Good Thread guys.

Citing an example of an armed populace defending itself from oppression:
Afghanistan. The US properly armed them and a bunch of illiterate farmers stomped on the Soviet armed forces.

I don't exactly think its childish to believe the US people could do the same if they needed to.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Evisscerator

OK. You know that. What shall you DO?
I think you are too weak for getting to Washington DC and fight the tyrannic government with the gun. Find friends first. And what is the lesson from history? Start with a national newspaper of your own. Print it, give it free, make agitation. Find speakers in every good city. You will ned at least 2000 men to take White House. Just do everything openly in the name of Constitution. Otherwise, they shall treat you as terrorist.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Why is this thread still in this forum? The mods are gung ho at moving grey topics (pun inteded
) and yet this has zero to do with aliens and UFO's. Unless of course you're talking about arming for a potential alien invasion in which case it should still be in skunk works.

[edit on 28-7-2008 by Shere Khaan]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by dariousg

I am not a child and yes martial arts but not for awhile..unless ten years is awhile. I have stated before in another thread that I am in the air force and yes I do carry a weapon but when I am off I don't. I will always see a man or woman that carry a weapon to feel secure about life as cowards or just plain old paranoid. You say I am saying my family is expendable...thats not the way we view it...my wife agrees on the no gun policy that I choose to live by. We never view our lives as people that need to live in constant fear. Someone coming into our house and killing us, what are the odds...slim to none. And if it happens and we do get killed because the guy had a weapon...well the people to blame would be the ones with guns in thier homes. What else is a criminal supposed to do...if the people they target are armed then they might as well arm themselves. I see a few people gung ho and saying well if so and so come and do this then watch out. The truth is you have no idea what you will do and will most likely overreact and get your entire family killed. I have seen many men, talk like they do and crumble under the pressure or just overreact to a situation that wasn' t that bad in the first place.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
They can have my gun when they pry it from my cold dead hands. I live in a pretty rough city, in a not so great area of town, i'm not stupid enough to go to sleep at night without a gun by my hand. I hope I never need to use it, but I will without hesitation if necessary.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Guns are not going to protect us from our government.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by riggs2099
reply to post by dariousg

I am not a child and yes martial arts but not for awhile..unless ten years is awhile. I have stated before in another thread that I am in the air force and yes I do carry a weapon but when I am off I don't. I will always see a man or woman that carry a weapon to feel secure about life as cowards or just plain old paranoid. You say I am saying my family is expendable...thats not the way we view it...my wife agrees on the no gun policy that I choose to live by. We never view our lives as people that need to live in constant fear. Someone coming into our house and killing us, what are the odds...slim to none. And if it happens and we do get killed because the guy had a weapon...well the people to blame would be the ones with guns in thier homes. What else is a criminal supposed to do...if the people they target are armed then they might as well arm themselves. I see a few people gung ho and saying well if so and so come and do this then watch out. The truth is you have no idea what you will do and will most likely overreact and get your entire family killed. I have seen many men, talk like they do and crumble under the pressure or just overreact to a situation that wasn' t that bad in the first place.

Thats fine riggs, if you and your family choose to live that way, I have no issue with that... BUT I do have issue with someone calling me a coward because I CHOOSE to exercise my 2nd Amendment right... a right that you as a member of the armed services is supposed to fight for and protect.

Of all the people in this country a member of our armed services should be the last one calling people cowards for exercising their rights. I hope that all the comforts and happiness in your family's lives that the tax payers have paid for are swiftly taken away from you, because you sir deserve none of it.

You are chastising people and calling them cowards for exercising their rights. You should be ashamed of yourself and I am ashamed to have to call you an American.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by XTexan

I am glad that you feel comfortable calling yourself a MAN who can only protect his own and also his family with a weapon. Unlike some of us who can be a full man without a weapon by our side 24/7.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   

reply to post by XTexan

I am glad that you feel comfortable calling yourself a MAN who can only protect his own and also his family with a weapon. Unlike some of us who can be a full man without a weapon by our side 24/7.

Once again you are talking down to those who excersise their 2nd Amendment rights... It must be nice up there on that pedestal, where you are right and all those who disagree are cowards and idiots. I noticed you did not quote me on that, must be because I didnt say that I had a gun therefore I'm the manlyiest man on earth... All that I said was that you should be ashamed for talking down to those that excersise their rights... and you should be.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Just a thought but maybe if you guys grew some....you wouldn't feel the need to have guns to feel secure. I have always found gun owners to be the biggest cowards there are, take away thier guns and they got nothing. Guess people who can't be man or woman enough on thier own, you would need guns. Like i said just a thought. I don't own a gun and I feel perfectly safe. Keep your guns I say what ever empowers you.

reply to post by XTexan

Armed people are free. No state can control those who have the machinery and the will to resist, no mob can take their liberty and property. And no 220-pound thug can threaten the well-being or dignity of a 110-pound woman who has two pounds of iron to even things out … People who object to weapons aren't abolishing violence, they're begging for rule by brute force, when the biggest, strongest animals among men were always automatically right. Guns ended that, and a social democracy is a hollow farce without an armed populace to make it work. – L. Neil Smith

The Second Amendment is the Equal Rights Amendment.

[edit on 28-7-2008 by METACOMET]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by riggs2099

It is your perogative entirely if you choose to skip through life ignorant and oblivious to the facts and the criminal statistics. It is also your right to bring a knife to a gun fight, perhaps when your wife is being raped in front of you there will be time for you to try and bargain with her attacker, maybe you can get in a swing or two before he blows your brains all over the family rug.

These are all your rights....just remember that your personal philosophies and your poorly planned lifestyle does not apply to the rest of us who choose to own a fire arm.

It is a constitutional right set forth by men who were far wiser and far nobler than you, men who knew that an unarmed population would be easily defeated. It is a legal right to own a gun, so you may as well get over it. You may not like it, but you can't do a thing about it.

And FYI...a coward isn't someone who owns a gun for self defense, a coward is someone who goes on an internet chat forum and calls other people cowards under the mask of anonymity.

Why don't you make your way down to the next local NRA meeting in your area and test out your theory first hand? Be sure to let us know how that works out for you.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

The NRA...lol. Bunch of over wieght men and women with paranoid issues. I would go to the NRA and call them cowards if I thought for sure one of them would stand up to me, man to man. Most likely not...point a gun at my head and threaten me...cuz I would mess them up. 6' 3 257lbs not overweight like most NRA probably are.
Oh yeah this one is for the NRA...YEE HAW...HYUCK HYCUK

[edit on 28-7-2008 by riggs2099]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas
reply to post by Evisscerator

While I understand and agree with your thread ideas and thoughts, you've posted it in the wrong forum areas. The 2nd Amendment is usually discussed under War on Terror or Political Ideology. That's not a big deal as it happens all the time and I'm sure a Moderator will see it soon enough.

Good post. Starred, flagged, and thread-tagged.

I'd like to retract this prior post, and thank the Moderator who finally moved the thread to the correct Forum.

*Back To Your Regularly Stolen 2nd Amendment Rights Discussion*

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   

reply to post by BlackOps719

The NRA...lol. Bunch of over wieght men and women with paranoid issues. I would go to the NRA and call them cowards if I thought for sure one of them would stand up to me, man to man. Most likely not...point a gun at my head and threaten me...cuz I would mess them up. 6' 3 257lbs not overweight like most NRA probably are.
Oh yeah this one is for the NRA...YEE HAW...HYUCK HYCUK

[edit on 28-7-2008 by riggs2099]

I hear ya big man!!!

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by xman_in_blackx

Just a thought but maybe if you guys grew some....you wouldn't feel the need to have guns to feel secure. I have always found gun owners to be the biggest cowards there are, take away thier guns and they got nothing.

I suppose sheep are pretty brave letting themselves herd toward slaughter with nary a care in the world.

I would imagine wolves enjoy nice "brave" and "safe" feeling mutton... especially mutton who have "grown some."

Just a thought.

yes indeed mutton to the slaughter like flies to the light

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join