It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX] Haiti UFO Video - YouTube - [HOAX]

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Found this video on You Tube

UFO Haiti

This video looks pretty authentic to me, but I'm no video expert.

So is this the real thing?

ADMIN UPDATE

Member "Jskun" caught the key element that seems to indicate this video may be a fake/hoax... Palm trees the same

The discussion as to the credibility of this footage continues.

NEW ADMIN UPDATE

Member "bridas" posted a link to the demo reel for the "Vue6" 3D software that features the same palm trees as seen in this fabricated video.

[edit on 11-8-2007 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I can already see that this is headed down the path of a CGI or not CGI argument.

Let me say that if the UFO phenomena is real, it is only a matter of time before a video like this shows up. Up close, legitimate footage that no one can deny.

Frankly it seems all too convenient that one of the crafts flew directly over the camera.

Also I notice that whoever is filming was focused on one of the blue lights at the very beginning, meaning that there had to be more footage. a full video would be extremely helpful..

[edit on 9-8-2007 by Vipassana]

[edit on 9-8-2007 by Vipassana]

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Hmmm...wow...this looks very similar to the PR video posted here just yesterday - but this one is...way more interesting....hmmmm...c'mon folks!! Opinions please!

J.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I have to admit that looks extremely cool at first glance. Kinda reminded me of the han's millineum falcon.

However with the awesome computer graphics available today how can you tell.

Does cgi not leave any fingerprints?

link   

Originally posted by jimbo999
Hmmm...wow...this looks very similar to the PR video posted here just yesterday - but this one is...way more interesting....hmmmm...c'mon folks!! Opinions please!

J.

Ok I gave my opinion in another thread, but Ill give it here too.

It seems a little TOO real if you get what I mean, a little too real, a little too fake, maybe just a feeling Im getting, even thou it looks so real It still has a CG feel to it. But Im not stating my beliefs here, I have no idea really, all I know is that its either real, or CG, and that it all feels rather fishy to me.

Its very hard to know, unless we have some witnesses. Or news, or anything, which we dont.

And its rather odd the way it just happens to go over his head, then just happens to go high in the sky, and give him the perfect view,
and there just happens to be some others meeting up there.
It all feels too perfect, like a movie, like something directed and planned. Either that, or the guy got REALLY lucky. Also why end so early? always happens on the fakes.

[edit on 9-8-2007 by _Phoenix_]

link   

Originally posted by Keyhole
So is this the real thing?

If it was why would it end where it does - just as the two craft appear to be joining another formation of unidentified lights? (mothership?)

I know it's considered bad form to shout "Fake!" without giving a valid reason, so I'll just say that to me it doesn't look convincing and leave it at that.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   
damn, i dunno

i got a weird feeling watching that haha

i've seen hundreds of videos and that MIGHT have been computer generated and if so...wow, what a job

i'm kinda speechless

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   
i just wonder if theres any other video of the same event from other people,it looked like there were a bunch of people there,so maybe there was another angle.i guess i would be more trusting of it if there was more then one video of this event.. even if it had pictures from different people of the same object from the same event.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by KINGOFPAIN
i just wonder if theres any other video of the same event from other people,it looked like there were a bunch of people there,so maybe there was another angle.i guess i would be more trusting of it if there was more then one video of this event.. even if it had pictures from different people of the same object from the same event.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Here its got similar craft, thats where I first saw this video.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   
looks too good to be true to me...id have to say if it was me filming that, i wouldnt have stayed around too long while that thing was flying right over my head...

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Weird.

Same shape UFO show up in this video too.

clear video of 3 flying objects in Domican Republic

Defiantly suspicious, maybe viral marketing for something.
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

Both of these YouTube members joined and put up the UFO vids the day they joined (August 6th and 9th) and haven't had any other activity on YouTube.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   
ok so i noticed that the 4th craft in that first "Dominican Republic" video matches the lower flying crafts of this video

edit : sorry, didn't see the above post!

double edit : alright, i just watched the "Dominican Republic" video again and there are dogs barking in the background...a lot of dogs, maybe the dogs saw the crafts as well? perhaps it wasn't computer generated?

just a little theory
[edit on 9-8-2007 by kyyuulle]

[edit on 9-8-2007 by kyyuulle]

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   
It feels wrong; almost as though someone is trying to pull another psychological trick. The flight style is what caught my attention; the camera follows the aircraft in a smooth, almost planned fashion - and predictably, the ships take an epic, overhead flight path, allowing for great visuals.

It's too clean. Frankly I'm worried about this; if people feel it necessary to flood the internet or the UFO community with increasingly more "realistic" hoaxes, what will happen in the event of a true landing?

I have only stated my opinion.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   
ITS REAL!!!! ITS REAL!!! ITS REAL!!! How can I tell?!?!? IT GOES BEHIND THE TREE!!!

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Well, yeah - CGI does leave finger prints from what I understand. But, and heres the crux for me - notice the palm tree swinging wildy back & forth after they pass it? Just the one tree?? Hmmm..

I've emailed the original poster. I'd like to know more about this. Also, notice the other 'lights' in the sky moving rapidly towards the craft? Amazing stuff.

Fake? I dunno? Having seen one myself this close once in daylight - unlike some, I'm not gonna call it a hoax just because it's clear - that would be stupid.

Anybody else have any thoughts??

J.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   
How can something look to good to be true, to clean or to real? lol

Ive seen a lot of good space movies and there are a lot of good animaters out there. Ive always wondered why they arent creating hoaxes left and right.

This looks real but since I havent seen it on CNN or one of the other major news channels I have to wonder.
I know I know, maybe the news channels are behind the coverup. Well when someone has this good of film it cant be ignored, however maybe the fact the major news channels arent showing automaticaly makes this person a hoaxer and they now this.

So anybody who films a UFO needs to have a way to show that the film is real. Maybe raw footage from the original tape, but maybe even that can be faked.
How could you prove a video tape hasnt been tainted? And does CGI leave a fingerprint?

[edit on 9-8-2007 by earth2]

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Looks just like the other 'super advanced UFO flying over populated area at very low altitude' videos that are out there. I'm already convinced it's a fake, but for my own personal experience. Too lazy to dive into the whole 'why it's CG' bit which these threads seem to boil down to. I couldn't notice any unevenness to the CG at first glimpse anyway, not that that tells us anything.

Well, wake me up if it gets interesting. This pup is going to sleep. *yawns*

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Originally posted by jimbo999

J.

Ok I gave my opinion in another thread, but Ill give it here too.

It seems a little TOO real if you get what I mean, a little too real, a little too fake, maybe just a feeling Im getting, even thou it looks so real It still has a CG feel to it. But Im not stating my beliefs here, I have no idea really, all I know is that its either real, or CG, and that it all feels rather fishy to me.

Its very hard to know, unless we have some witnesses. Or news, or anything, which we dont.

And its rather odd the way it just happens to go over his head, then just happens to go high in the sky, and give him the perfect view,
and there just happens to be some others meeting up there.
It all feels too perfect, like a movie, like something directed and planned. Either that, or the guy got REALLY lucky. Also why end so early? always happens on the fakes.

[edit on 9-8-2007 by _Phoenix_]

Well....just coz it looks real, doesn't mean it's fake. Having seen one, when it's real - it looks real. Honestly! Metalic, nuts & bolts real. So that doesn't mean fake.

It's funny - and plenty people say this....if the view is good, it looks 'staged' - and if the view is shaky or short - it's coz it's faked!
You can't win! heheh.

It's either real or cgi - sure. But how do you account for the palm tree? Wouldn't someone (a very damn strong someone...) have to be down there pushing or pulling the tree? I dunno...

J.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   
i guess for some people it's going to take ET's landing and shaking their hands...even then they might claim holographic effect

hopefully we get some info out of this video, i agree with the palm tree swaying as well, that's a nice touch if it IS CGI, if not then we have quite arguably the best UFO video ever here

time will tell

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I know from experience that making this in CGI would be very difficult. Modeling the craft and rendering it out to a file with an alpha channel is the easy part.

Its putting it into a composite video that is nearly impossible. Usually you'd have to have a green-screen (with other expensive chorma-keying equipment) to film a foreground (the people and trees), then render the mid-ground elements (in this case the UFO's) and finally film the background and then compile all three together into a final cut.

This video, however, looks as though the foreground (trees and such) and background (the buildings and buildings and landscape) are filmed all as one. Thus, dubbing in a UFO to not only go behind the trees, but also be clipped (be obscured) by the separate strands of the palm fronds, AND light blooming between the fronds from the UFO, would be nearly impossible to accomplish without some extreme time and very expensive equipment and software. This is not even taking into account camera tracking, lighting, and focus/zoom compensations that must be dealt with in CGI, which takes literally forever to complete with such an unsteady camera shot.

Either someone has a LOT, and I mean LOT, of time AND money on their hands or this is authentic. Whether or not the ships are ET is up for debate.

Also, the flag sound midway though the video sounds kind of prefab, but then again how many different noises can a flag make?

[edit on 9-8-2007 by Sataurë]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join