It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The World Must Stop This Madman

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Aussie point of view, covering New York Times original I think. Gets my vote for headline of 2003 so far...

Frightening propagandistic counter-terrorism writing. What exactly is meant in the Star Wars reference of the last line?

(Article edited, move to the link for the whole piece).

www.smh.com.au...

The world must stop this madman

No, not Saddam. That other gun-toting, tough-talking cowboy in the Oval Office.

The trap is sprung. The name of the game is containment. Contain the wild man, the leader with the messianic and relentless glint who is scaring the world. Surround him, throw Lilliputian nets on him, tie him up with a lot of United Nations inspection demands, humour him long enough to stop him from using his weapons and blowing up the Middle East.

But this time, the object of the containment strategy is not Saddam Hussein, but George Bush, the president with real bombs, not the predator with plans to make them.

America's European and Arab allies now act more nervously about the cowboy in the Oval Office who likes to brag of America as "the greatest nation on the face of the Earth" than the thug in the Baghdad bunker.....

But the Bushies have got a taste of empire building in Afghanistan and they like it. The White House adviser, Karl Rove, is building a Republican empire. The Defence secretary adviser, Richard Perle, the Deputy Defence Secretary, Paul Wolfowitz, and Vice-President Dick Cheney's chief of staff, Scooter Libby, are building an ideological empire. Cheney is building a unilateral empire. And the Defence Secretary, Donald Rumsfeld, is building a military empire....

They can restore civilisation to the cradle of civilisation. Lemon fizzes, cribbage and cricket by the Tower of Babel. A 36-hole golf course on the banks of the Tigris and Euphrates. ArabDisney in the hanging gardens of Babylon. Oil on tap at the Baghdad Hilton. Huge contracts for buddies in the defence and oil industries. Halliburton's Brown & Root construction company building a six-lane highway from Baghdad to Tel Aviv.

How long can it be before the empire strikes back?

BTW, that was written September 2002.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 04:42 PM
link   
MA, take a deep breath and back off slowly. Bush is not the anti-christ, he is not a satanic figure that most liberals think he is. He has managed the war on terror admirably, considering that it is the first war of this type that our country has ever fought. The world will not end tomorrow, vote for the other guy in '04 if you want to.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Bush has managed nothing admirably in his life.

I don't think many non-Bush supporters view Bush for anything other than what he is, a Supreme Court appointed puppet of no consequence at all, well out of his league in what is needed of the President today.

What "type" of war is this that has not been fought before, and where are there any indications of success? At all?

I think if you read nine months or so of historical statement on how the effort has been mismanaged you may arrive at at least a more realistic impression of the motives and results.

[Edited on 16-11-2003 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Well said MaskedAvatar.

Bush is nothing more than the emperor with no clothes, like the pathetic, empty, clueless creature at the end of the yellow brick road in the Wizard of Oz that everyone holds in some kind of high esteme, until the truth is revealed.

The time is now.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 05:52 PM
link   
If he was strung up by his busker-browns, dowsed in petrol and set alight in front of his own people I would feel absolutely no remorse, in fact I'd be #ing made up. It's only people like him that I think the death penalty applies to, he's the reall mass murderer.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 05:58 PM
link   
and he wears a black hat...... (sing with me!)

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 06:01 PM
link   
You know - i read some of these posts and I have to wonder. Having only heard what the US was saying on the morning of September 12 2001 - I can really believe that a week is a long time in politics.

You might want to pause and reflect - for all the hype - there has actually been no attack on American soil since that time. Yes I know this might not be cause and effect - just like CND claimed that the presence of a Nuclear deterrant didnt actually stop world war 3 during the hight of the cold war.

Strong governanace has its faults - but it does send a message to the world - and thats what GWB seems to be stepping up to. I have no right to criticise your system or your choices - but Im sorry I have actually to say I am glad he was in the seat at this time. Just as Im glad we had a Labour PM to provide the checks and balances necessary to help out (and I am no fan of Tony Blair).

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 08:56 PM
link   
LOL!

you people don't get out much do you?

much of the world outside europe and the americas is to varying degrees, barbaric and has been for a long time.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I thought the anti christ was smart...

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I thought NERO was the Anti-christ

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Originally posted by Dreamstone

He has managed the war on terror admirably, considering that it is the first war of this type that our country has ever fought

I thought the Germans used "Shock and Awe" warfare in WWII against England, except they called it the Luftwaffe or something. Maybe I'm wrong though.

[Edited on 16-11-2003 by kaoszero]

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaoszero

I thought the Germans used "Shock and Awe" warfare in WWII against England, except they called it the Luftwaffe or something. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Blitzkrieg perhaps? Luftwaffe was more or less their air force. Blitzkrieg was the "lightning attack," if I remember correctly. So yeah, that's my guess.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Silk - "I have no right to criticise your system or your choices"

I live in London, I'm a British citizen. How on earth do you (Silk) conclude that as Brits we have no right to criticize the American political system or the American people's choices?

Bush stole the election, he wasn't elected by the American people, they had no choice in the matter. Everyone who believes in democracy and equal rights should be screaming as loud as humanely possible that Bush is a cheating lying scumbag. Everytime Bush spouts the words "freedom" or "democracy" with his monkey face grinning away it makes me despise him and his crew of criminal friends even more.

Can't wait till Thursday

Fortunately there have not been any repeats of the tragedy that was 9/11. But ask yourselves how long it had been since America was attacked before Dubya came to office. Anyone confused? Well, I think Dubya was in on 9/11 and allowed it to occur in the manner it did. Anyone who disagrees with me probably hasn't read Cheney and Rumsfeld's PNAC report on "Rebuilding America's defences", their objectives would take years upon years to be fullfilled barring "A catalysing and catastrophic event like a new pearl harbour", Now what did Bush say on Sep 12th, "Yesterday was the 21st Centurys pearl harbour" Coincidence?

www.newamericancentury.org...

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I'll start this of by saying that I am not a GWB fan. I did not vote for him, nor do I think he is the best man for the job. I tend to believe that GWB is influenced too heavily be the mainstream conservative right, and that he has too many interests in the military-industrial complex. However, he was elected to the position, and that choice was certified by the US Supreme court. Disagree with that decision if you like, but that is how our system works, and it has been working well for over 200 years.

Anybody who believes that GWB or his administration had any pre-knowledge of 9/11 or in some way let it happen for political reasons is a COMPLETE FRICKEN MORON and needs to have their HEAD EXAMINED. What the Hell is the matter with you? Are you that stupid or just so full of hate that you can actually conceive this? Do you know how many lives were lost? Do you know what damage was done to our economy? Do you know how many personal freedoms and sacrafrices we have had to make since then?

I find your accusations and inuedoes personally insulting. We are many things in this country, but we do not slaughter our own people and wreck our own economy so we can have an excuse to wage war on primitive religious zealots outside our borders. GWB may not be perfect, in fact he is far from it, but he is only reacting and proceding in the way he knows how. It may be heavy-handed and without grace, but you might actually be surprised to know the number of people in this country who support, yes SUPPORT, his heavy-handed approach.

You conspiracy theories about Bush and the NWO are alot of BLAH BLAH BLAH. The only reason he got elected in the first place is because the Republican party had no better candidates or no one without exess baggage in their records who could face the current Vice President. It became readily apparent the GWB was in over his head on 9/11, but most of us Americans feel that he did an adequate job in responding. Iraq has been a different story, and only time will tell wha the outcome will have on the presidency of GWB, but such is politics in the USA.

Anybody who thinks Americans would let this happen to other Americans apparently doesn't know SHYTE about Amercian people.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pyros
Anybody who thinks Americans would let this happen to other Americans apparently doesn't know SHYTE about Amercian people.

I'm an American and I sure wouldn't generalize the lot as you have done.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 09:15 AM
link   
What the hell is wrong with you people. I mean I am down with every Gov. coverup and all, but this man has a hell of a lot on his shoulders... You wanna know why he looks like such a bully.. It is because Clinton was to busy trying to # his staff instead of protecting this country. Clinton good for economy... bad for the world.. Bush on the other hand is trying to do something good whether you think he is or not, I honestly don't care. But this man is taking on Terroist and terroist states, not these nice little countries where nobody is doing anything wrong. It all goes to everyone hates us cause they would love to be us... You hate bush so much... Then move your ass's to another country and see how much you like their leadership. Bush is trying to reshape this world into basically a brighter place... It may not look like it in the short term, but 10 years from now, you will appreciate what he has done... and he is trying to give the rest of the world a taste of what it is like to have freedom... Lets # on the man for that... I know there is a lot of stuff they don't tell us, but you know what... That is fine with me... I will find out on my own one day.. but as long as he is protecting us, I do not need to know... He has minimized civilian deaths very very well in these wars and he is making sure we get only the bad guys... So before you sit back and call bush a bully, just think what our last pres was doing... Bush has convoy of Hummers going through the Desert... Clinton was getting a convoy of Hummers in his office under the desk

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 09:28 AM
link   
""It is because Clinton was to busy trying to frock his staff instead of protecting this country.""

protect us from who...if your talking about the first WTC
bombing we did catch the mastermind and he is currently residing in colorado..

""Clinton good for economy... bad for the world.. Bush on the other hand is trying to do something good whether you think he is or not,""

bush bad for the economy bad for the world..very bad

""You hate bush so much... Then move your azz's to another country and see how much you like their leadership.""

as a citizen it is my right not to like the leadership and express that fact!

""Bush is trying to reshape this world into basically a brighter place""

aahahahahaha

""He has minimized civilian deaths very very well in these wars and he is making sure we get only the bad guys...""

uh says who? fox news?

""Bush has convoy of Hummers going through the Desert... Clinton was getting a convoy of Hummers in his office under the desk""

who exactly was clinton supposed to attack?

[Edited on 11-17-2003 by sirCyco]

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Pyros voices my sentiments exactly - enough said....

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Well seems like you might wanna read up on some stuff..... First.... Iraq.... The first G. Bush solved this issue with Iraq and put them in their place... Then Clinton came in and sat back... I know the first war with Irag was not for WMD, but Clinton ignored the signs and warnings that they might have them and let them go about their way.. and no.. In 1998 Clinton did not do anything to Iraq... that was the UN... Also, Clinton also know about Osama and his terroist backing, but did nothing.. once again sat back... When you close your eyes like clinton did, it is easy to think that he was soo wonderful... But it is only when someone like bush opens his eyes and really takes a look at what is happening, that something then has to take place and correct all the signs that have been looked over for years.. I am also taking a wild guess that you have got to be from up north... and a conservative... You are right, you have the right to think what you want and express it, but I also have my right to express it right back to you... And what I meant by move to another country is, you think your leading is soo terrible blaa blaa... He is probably the best leader this world has right now as far as being fair.... Bush just don't take # off anyone and I like that... You may not, but i would rather have someone who will stand up for us and kick ass instead of one that sucks his thumbs and hides in the closet...

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 10:10 AM
link   
the first of the bush clan went to war with iraq and "put them in thier place" because of an out right invasion upon kuwait! not because of some mystical weapons of mass destruction that posed so much of a risk to america that ....that....oh yeah...no WMD have been used against us. the terrorists hijacked some planes and used them as weapons..they didnt use any biological weapons.... so realy..what was the point of attacking iraq??

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join