It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A confession. Guilt makes me post this. [HOAX]

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   
why must DK repeat the phrase "I and 7 others" so often? It seems so blatant, so intentional. We get the point that it is 8 of you that, after seeing images in the sky, will literally head for the hills.

will these images be something akin to Blue Beam, man made hallucinations designed to convince the masses that JC is coming back? If that is what the dead vet is referring to, there is but one problem. We don't all believe in JC. So, when the christian masses start screaming "he's back" the rest of the world will sigh and move on with our lives.

this is a very long range prediction that is supposed to start in a very short time. '07 is here next month. When in '07 will the visions begin? I want to have my video equipment ready.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by D4rk Kn1ght
called Dark Knight. Do not think the K is a spelling mistake, it is not. The K is a very specific part of the warning,. Do not leave out the K. The events will start early 2007. People and reports of 'things' in the skies will increase steadily.... 2009 is when it gets real interesting.

so if that is the spelling for it, then something like the horsemen of the apocalypse?

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   
why must DK repeat the phrase "I and 7 others" so often?

because I keep getting asked the same or similar questions, and if new people just join the thread late on, they may have not read the start or middle...

so...i repeat myself if i have to.

If i say 'I', people may think im going on some mad commando single man rambo run into th wildernes..
actually thats a pretty funny image...

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Red sky at night, sailor's delight...

That's one of the first lessons I can remember learning. Suppose it will come in handy?

If people are freaking out world-wide, it's their own fault.

I had a dream once where I was standing on Park Ave. in New York, in midtown, and a giant purple-ish vortex opened up in the sky. It was all electricity, swirling clouds, sounds like thunder. People were running, screaming, freaking right out - but I was just standing there, looking up, admiring this beautiful spectacle. An elephant came running down the street, its eyes displaying sheer terror. I supposed it was an escapee from the zoo. Thing was, it had escaped, but was running itself to death out of ignorance and panic. I watched it collapse a few feet from me, dead of a heart attack.

What's the moral of the story?

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   
You seem to know a hell of a lot more about this than you are letting on. I'm going to request some more specific information. something a bit more specific than be far away from civilization on XXX date. Why? What type of calamity shall befall us? What kind of "attack" are we dealing with that would be worse than WWIII, a war that hasn't even happened and, therefore, cannot be used as a comparison. Will it be nuclear assaults on every city? Will it be some kind of controlled plague? Will it be the Stay Puft Marshmellow Man?

In all honesty, your story (and it is a story until it is a fact) is interesting but extremely vague. With the excpetion of you and 7 people heading for a remote are, we are only told to watch for signs and then, after 4 years of increasing sings, we're all going to be sorry we ever stayed in civilization.

Sounds serpish to me.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOneWhat's the moral of the story?

Elephants should take better care of themselves and exercise more?

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Don't run away from it, walk. It may take you leaving earlier, but your get to a safe haven just in time and not be dead from the stress of a panic.

Yes, through 2007 I will be watching, and waiting, and then in march 2009..... we are off.

No ifs or buts we are off. (I see or hear of stars swooping and moving through the sky...well it may have to be a bit earlier!)

One thing : To the poster who put in the Hell gate London quip. No worries about that at all, im actually looking forward to playing the game, but this is no joke or game. This is what I am doing, and I have stated time and time again why i am doing it.

No hoax, no old rope, no jokeing around. For a long time I have had a load of guilt about making plans and doing stuff to keep myself and others alive, and not breathing a word to people.

I am making up for it before I have no means to.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by D4rk Kn1ght For a long time I have had a load of guilt about making plans and doing stuff to keep myself and others alive, and not breathing a word to people.

so, has your guilt waned now that you are posting vague, cryptic messages here?

if I knew the world was definitely going to devolve into a chaotic ball of death, I would spread the word in a manner that would, hopefully, convince as many people as possible so that I might actually save as many people as possible. If I were to say "guys, something big is going to happen, take my word for it and leave when the signs begin" I highly doubt I'd get much attention. I might get a nifty white coat with really long sleeves but not much else.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   
OCT 28TH 2011

Dark Knight

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
if I knew the world was definitely going to devolve into a chaotic ball of death, I would spread the word in a manner that would, hopefully, convince as many people as possible so that I might actually save as many people as possible. If I were to say "guys, something big is going to happen, take my word for it and leave when the signs begin" I highly doubt I'd get much attention. I might get a nifty white coat with really long sleeves but not much else.

From what I can discern, he doesn't even know exactly what will happen himself. All he has is the testimony of an old man on his deathbed. Then again, the man could have been more specific and DK just hasn't told us all there is to know yet.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   
A well subscribed thread and many commendable posts echoing many of my sentiments on the supposed unlikely future event. The face of the subject matter is pockmarked with paranoia. The credibility of Dark Knights information concerning this event is cemented in fiction. I have no doubt in my mind this will ever happen.
However, he has got the attention he seeks and stirred up a small storm in a coffee cup.
I, for one, will not be subjecting my family to living like contemporary neandertals in a remote location anywhere on earth on the hearsay of yet another deluded member of society.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Yarcofin, he has given the exact date, he has given us comments about the K in knight indicating knight, not night. it sounds like a sci-fi backdrop or, as suggested, a mirror tale of a video game.

DK, the date is great. I've marked my calendar. That's excellent and much appreciated. You must know a significant amount more than you are letting on. If all you ahve is exactly what you've told us, you are taking some very extreme measures based on very little information. What if you head for the hills and on Oct. 28, 2001 the new Batman Movie is released? For any sane person to take actions such as selling everything they own and stockpiling survival gear, and then heading into a remote place to avoid a calamity, there must be some specific information to motiviate you. Something more than 10/28/11= bad day. If people reacted this strongly to every prediction, we'd all be living in caves. Just this morning someone told me the world was coming to an end. He had a tampon in his nose for some reason. Should I be concerned?

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   
well, if I start seing weird things in the sky, I'm definately going crazy...

on stocking up food and heading for the woods ofcourse. It's good to be prepared and not need it than to be unprepared when you do need it.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   
crakeur,
mock all you like, as a stated at the start of the thread, i expect as such.

To the poster who decided names were better than questions...sure call me deluded....no worries at all there.... again, expected just as much....

To those who think this is a stupid stunt for attention....fine.... your so far off the mark its laughable... I cannot tell you enough times that I am ready and about two years from walking off the face of the civilisation (may be earlier if needs be, and can be if needs dictate)

This is no book, no movie, no game, no play.... This is coming, and I am warning you about it.

will start with small scale stuff through 2007...build up with 'weird reports' through 2008... get fruity during 2009.... and the crunch time is Oct 28th, 2011.

That is the warning. Dark Knight.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   
DK still no response on my question. Are you going to post on ATS right before you leave? Give us a last warning of your departure? If that's in '09 I'm sure we will be seeing the signs all along but will you still be here on ATS then?

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
D4rk Kn1ght, I've always liked your threads and your posts. I really don't think I have ever had anything but a positive view of you and I enjoy reading what you write. You have seemed to be a person of fair integrity. Bearing that in mind, please take what I am about to post as "constructive criticism" and not an insult.

I do not believe what you have posted here. It simple does not seem vaguely plausible or realistic and there are more than a few wholes in what you're telling us.

First, there is the person who divulged this mystery. An "untraceable" person who is your wife's friend's dead father. You can provide nothing to substantiate that he died, or that he existed at all. This way, you don't have any sticky problems with having anyone "fact check" your scenario.

Second, you give a date distant enough that its not "impending". Meaning that no one can even verify any of this for at least 18 months or so. That way, you can keep posting here for a good deal of time and before people start really questioning why it isn't happening, you can easily fade off the board.

Third, selling everything you own makes zero sense. Faced with a warning of a world/human race changing event, few would "sell off" everything. Rather, the best bet would be to hedge your bets and finance everything out the wazoo. That gives you capital, but also keeps your lifestyle the same should it be a false alarm.

Fourth, Your reasoning for selling rather than mortgaging is because you're worried the "tax man", or possibly the "bank man", would come calling. When you're staring down an Earth changing fate, who the h*** would be more afraid of a bill collector? Besides, they'd already have your home/car/first born as collateral, you'd just be written off as defaulting and they'd seize assets. Big deal.

Fifth, change everything to currency? That makes no sense. Sure for the near term some liquidity is necessary, but if this is as big as you are representing, paper bills are worthless. Plus, assuming this isn't an extinction kind of thing, any government that reforms may well devalue old monies. The only insurance you'd have is precious metals, and lots of them. And, for the most part, they were a helluva lot cheaper when you got the news of this 2 years ago. You'd have forgone the paper currency totally, except for an expense account, and be sitting on a pot of gold like a leprechaun. Come on, I'm one guy. You can't tell me that 8 people, some with doctorates, talking about this for 2 years can't come up with "Forget the bills, buy gold and a rudimentary smelt and coin press" ?

Sixth, someone faced with this sort of knowledge and believing it 100% as you profess would most likely be screaming at the top of their lungs for the last 24 months. Heck, at the very least Alex Jones would listen. It would be a moral imperative to try to expose those behind it. Maybe the efforts would stave off the event for a while.

Seventh. In my opinion the damning price of the puzzle. This wife's, friend's, father's story. The one without even a piece of paper to corroborate it. So the wife's friend took the father's story on complete faith? Nothing there to back it up? No, "In my desk drawer in a manila folder there's a sheet of paper" thing? Nothing stores on a safe deposit box? Nothing? Nada? Nothing tangible you could show us? And the story was so persuasive that the father convinced the child, and then in turn gave such an impressive and moving retelling of it that you and your wife took it on faith alone and are ready to tune in, turn off, drop out, and become Sherpas? If the story is so convincing, and the teller so moving, why aren't their videos on prisonplanet right now convincing millions to take action and avert disaster?

D4rk Kn1ght, I like you. Really I do. It maybe that part of your story is true, maybe there was a deathbed confession, maybe his kid bought into it, maybe they even related it to you, and maybe you even believe it. But I find it hard to believe that you and yours totally liquidated everything and are ready to bug out.

Conveniently, liquidation of houses, cars, debt payoff etc. all have tangible proofs that every responsible adult saves. So you CAN prove that you are doing what you say you are.

I issue a challenge to you.

Our mods here have always been above reproach. Reach out to one, prove your identity to them (NOT US, none of us regular folk need to know anything about you). Then provide them with proof that you've paid off your debts, sold your cars, sold your house, and all of your various stock assets.

You do that, and I see one of the head ATS folks post something to the effect of "ID checked out, IP matches location, all proofs attested to", and I'll put my stuff on the market that day.

Until then, I'm sorry my friend, but this is little more than a scary bedtime story.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Well how about we all just watch the skies on Oct 28th 2011 and if we see anything we can say. "Oh yeah, that guy must have been right!"

If the end of the world is coming, we're all screwed. Hiding isn't going to save you, it would be so hard to start civilisation up again that there's not really much point. The whole world would be in tatters, your grandchildren would be inbred, you may as well just take whats coming and go down in flames imo.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Fiverz.....

wow.... sorry dude I missed it in a posting rush.

Yes I am going to be here till I go. Yes, I intend to post before I go. Yes.

right now, im off for a while, but I will be back later tonight to post some more.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by D4rk Kn1ght
I cannot tell you enough times that I am ready and about two years from walking off the face of the civilisation

you can't just walk off from our civilization, you were born in our civilization and like the rest of us you will pass away in our civilization.

IFsomething was to happen you wouldn't be able to run away or hide from something that is inevitable, I've read about sooooooo many things happening in the next few years,some credible, some not quite, some from trustful sources, some from not very trustful ones, but I'm not putting my faith into any,either way,using a bit of logic, what ever happens, you won't be any safer than me,sitting here,eating pizza and watching TV ...unless you get abducted by aliens and transported to mars or somewhere.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Hmm well as far as i am concern, the economical system and the perception of how our lives should be lived is already doomed to a point where even if something worst comes along it won't make a difference to me as to the degree of screwed we are.

But yeah it's all gonna be ok in the end, have no fear, there is no need for it.

peace.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join