It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A confession. Guilt makes me post this. [HOAX]

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 04:03 PM
link   
No doubt whats so ever.

none. Nada, zero.

What would make you give up, like our friend, a near 200 k a year job, drill it all in, and head out to do a nomadic life in the middle of the himilayas?

What makes you sell every thing, and get ready to run at the drop of the hat /

I'll tell you what.

The bravest, strongest wisest man I ever knew, telling it as it is.

Now, I will say again, I have no doubt at all.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by D4rk Kn1ght

What would make you give up, like our friend, a near 200 k a year job, drill it all in, and head out to do a nomadic life in the middle of the himilayas?

What makes you sell every thing, and get ready to run at the drop of the hat /

Maybe a mental breakdown? if he has that high of a paying job, i'm guessing it's pretty stressful.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Traditionally, a prophecy's foretold events must transpire in to truths for the prophecy to remain valid. I only caution the dangers that have taken place from other Apocalyptic prophecies, and even worse, Cults that have formed such as branch Dravidians, and to a lesser extent that whacko French Canadian ex-race car driver who attempted to present falsified science under the guise Cloneaid.

I only suggest you consider backing out of your Noah's Ark project should this world continue unchanged by 2010. That's all...

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   
if your dad or grandfather said jump off a bridge, would you?. To me this seems like another Doomsday Prophecy.

JbT

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Have you posted the name of this "Special, brave Man" that you got this prophecy from?

If not, please do if you can so we can do a background check on him. Surely if you think he is this much of a hero, this wont be a problem.

Thankyou.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 04:11 PM
link   
D4rk kn1ght

As I was laying in the bath tonight, (well it is my birthday today) I was thinking about this thread. Before I go any further let me assure you that I am of sound mind and body, but don’t ask my wife to confirm that.
I don’t know about any of you but I suffer from reoccurring dreams. I say suffer because I don’t understand why I do. There are mainly two dreams that I have and these are they –
1, I am stood outside looking at the sky and as the clouds move and reveal clear areas of sky I can see these lovely patterns of all colours that are made up of stars and, dare I say it, some sort of craft. Now I sit on the fence regarding ufo’s and the like even though I saw a orange ball of light move across the sky a couple of weeks ago. It moved in a zig zag pattern and was visible for about 20 secs. My wife just gave me a funny look when I told her, like they do.

2, I am away from home and packing my bags to go somewhere, I don’t know where, but it is always a couple of hundred miles away. The funny thing is I tell people that I am walking there, no busses or cars and I always start at the coast. Many times there is a conflict involving the Army or Navy prior to my trips. Boy, do I have weird dreams.

Now if I took all this, plus what I am going to tell you, to heart, I would say that my life has been leading up to this event.
I have always been an outdoors person and have learnt many skills (compared to some).
I have done many sports and am a hands on person, including the following.
1, 12 yeas in the forces
2, always into tools and DIY.
3, Shot many full and small bore weapons in competition,
4, Was English national bare bow archery champion.
5, Taught my son how to make animal traps at a very early age, we always dismantled them as I would only trap animals in a “have to” situation.
6, Used to race canoes over long distances.
7, I am and have been into bush craft and camping for quite a few years now. I was up in Scotland this year canoe camping on the sea lochs, caught a few fish as well.
8, my mind seems to be on the outdoors and survival most of the time as does my brothers.
9, bla-bla,bla.
You get the picture, Personally, I don’t think anything of it but if it wasn’t for this thread I would never have given it a thought.
I always wondered why even though I have a £6000 trailer tent I would rather sleep in a gortex bag under a bush.

Maybe one day a prediction will come true but I hope it’s not this one.

I must say that you would not have made this decision lightly and I think you are a brave man to go ahead with it.
I’m glad Noah wasn’t on the internet as someone may have talked him out of building the Ark. Makes you think doesn’t it.

By the way, I’ve just made myself a multi fuel stove because their was nothing on the market that was right for me. Visit my website and click on MY STOVE for a look see.
johnwatts.webeden.co.uk...

Cheers
Jon

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I'm Curious DK, what makes you think a Mod that has never met you is going to agree to goto your house and see you? You might want to meet him in a public place first, for all he knows you could be some crazy dude that feels the need to sacrifice a human to the gods for his survival.

Not that you are but this is a crazy world we live in. I know if i were a mod i wouldnt goto your house.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Agreed Jack juice.

well, mod has to get back to me with any ideas firstly.

Then it can be or may be agreed on meeting where we can natter away.

Any how, i above all think you have a very valid and agreeable point.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Jon1.

Gortex bivvie bag under a bush is awesome sleeping style

My utter favorite was making a pull through inside a thicket of gorse up on the moors..

For those that dont know, a pull through is where you get into the gorse, remove at the source root a man size chunk, trim it down so that you can crawl in with your kit, pull in the cut out bit of gorse... and man, they have to have thermal imaging to find you in there... and thats if your not under your thermal trap gear...lol..

just don't roll over in the night too far..that wakes you up real quick.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   
What if you are wrong? You do all this and nothing happens??

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   
very interesting thread, I'm intrigued.
While I can certainly understand your stance and desire to fall off the grid, I have to question why you are starting this now without any actual acknowledged signs.

If I believed that I had 5 more years before this event, I wouldn't be taking action at this time, certainly I would be discussing it, planning it and perhaps preparing in small ways for it, but to have already sold your house, car and already retreating from society when 2007 hasn't even started yet seems a little too hasty for me.

What proof or signs have you seen already that has confirmed to you that these chain of events leading up to October 2011 will definitely happen? When exactly are you planning to tell your friends and family? Are you going to wait for proof of a sign? Why not tell them now and give them same chance you are offering to us of forknowledge?

my bad if you have already addressed these questions btw.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Seriouslly how can you feel guilty for such thing, if i got option, kill 50 people too save myself, I would take it with ease....

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   
no bad world watcher, I am more than willing to start again with the explanations by the way.

Right, heres it all in a nut shell.

A man who earned 200 K as a trauma dr (private and NHS) had a now deceased father who, for want of a better description, spilt the beans to him just before he died.

Now, the dr, and his family just sold out, and shipped out. Gone. They now live nomadic lives in the himilayas.

now, I, on being told what he got told, agreed that yes it would be mental to stay within the cities.. but didnt go at the time (involved too deep in life really ie house car job ect ect)

Then, as a while went past, I thought more and more about it, and now, its get out and go time.

My mum and dad and other family?

Well they just will not ever comprehend the coming danger - i kid you not i told them about stuff in the past and they just rolled their eyes and laughed...

now, telling them im ready to drop out forever? they'll just do the do, roll their eyes, and wonder what they did wrong...lmao they # a brick when we sold every thing to start the ball rolling...

and to J on his out door post... well my dad keeps asking if the arks ready..

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   
sorry about the family not being understanding or at least willing to entertain the idea, it must be tough.

however I'm still trying to understand why you are choosing now to follow these friends... has something definitive happened to assure you that the series of events will play out as the deceased dr suggested?

You mentioned in earlier posts that the events... lights...sounds from sky will start in 2007, why not wait for confirmation before abandoning the rest of your relatives, at least then you can say look I told you so and here's the first sign of it..

I can see why you have guilt if you truly believe these events will happen, but I think your guilt will be greater if you don't do everything in your power to convince your relatives, have you decided on a cut off point of when you really give up on them? You have almost 5 years, why do you feel there is an urgency to act now and not 2-3 years down the road?

JbT

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   

My mum and dad and other family?

Well they just will not ever comprehend the coming danger - i kid you not i told them about stuff in the past and they just rolled their eyes and laughed...

now, telling them im ready to drop out forever? they'll just do the do, roll their eyes, and wonder what they did wrong...lmao they # a brick when we sold every thing to start the ball rolling...

and to J on his out door post... well my dad keeps asking if the arks ready..

wOw.... Just WoW.

I think that this guys is now bordering on going crazy as we speak... His typing is getting worse, he keeps rambling the same things over and over again, and is now even admitting that his close family has "thought he was odd". Or rolled their eyes.

I can only wonder how long the Mods can stand by and act like this is not getting unhealthy for this person.

I think any common sense person can see this guys is slipping into fantasy, bordering on crazy, post by post by post.

Thats just my opinion, and its not worth much.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I have pretty much the same thought as Worldwatcher. You plan to hang around until early 2009, but you sold all your stuff already...? Doesn't make sense to me. If you had a home, it would be worth about 25% more and you'd have paid several thousand dollars more off the principal by 2009. Now you'll be paying rent for the next two years instead. That's a lot of money to give up just to "be prepared".

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I have one suggestion. If you are correct about this I know a great place for you to go to. Its a little town called Estes Park CO. perfect for End of the world survival WWIII NWO things like that. Massive solid Grannite mountains all arround you High prevailing winds Lots of large wildlife. Fresh water. only 4 roads into and out of the area (that a town plan already in place in such an event can be sealed off pretty effectivly)

Hydroelectric power independant of nationwide power grid. and a microbrewery to boot. So if you want a Perfect survival site that is the place.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 05:06 PM
link   
JBT,
I am chatting and posting at the same time, but, if I am in ATS and only posting, my grammer and punctuation is excellent thank you very much.
Should I desire to do both at the same time, and have a little slip in my presentation, who on creation are you to call to doubt my mental abilities and faculties? Well? is it fair to just come in and throw mud at me, when all i have done is posted a thread about an event that I am wholly convinced wil happen, and not only happen, but needs proper planning and preperation in order to survive the said event.

Please, don't call into question a posters faculties, because it just shows the shallowness of your regard for another human being, and a human being that has, for 10 pages, kept a logical thread through all of my posts. I don't bite, I don't argue, and I respect every bodies views who posts, but, at the end of the day, I have only so much patience for name calling. You have just earned this threads first and only ignore. Godd bye.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Please no personal attacks or insults. Not interested, don't buy it, don't post.

Courtesy Is Mandatory

JbT

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Please, don't call into question a posters faculties, because it just shows the shallowness of your regard for another human being, and a human being that has, for 10 pages, kept a logical thread through all of my posts. I don't bite, I don't argue, and I respect every bodies views who posts, but, at the end of the day, I have only so much patience for name calling. You have just earned this threads first and only ignore. Godd bye.

Of course, the only guy who asks him tough questions like my last two he ignores...

Notice he wont touch the question of who exactly this "prophecy" came from, the mans name, and rank if he was in the army.

If he will go to such lenghts as to contact a Mod and talk about the story, then surely posting the name of the man who issued this, possibly soon to be LEGENDARY, 'Prophecy" WOULD BE NO PROBLEM. Also his rank in the army would be nice.

In other words, the people who try to challenge him and his thought will be ignored.... Thats a cult mind set if you ask me.

If this is the kind of spinless person that survives a tragedy, yet leaves their family behind, then take my life too in this apocalypse. Personaly I dont want to be around people who can not even take the time to help their OWN FAMILY, yet goes to great lenghts on the INTERNET to convince STRANGERS of impending DOOM.

Maybe this guy should try to convince his family first, cause Im sure thats where the "guilt" hes feeling comes from. I mean, how could you live with yourself knowing you didnt do everything you could to save your family?

0/10 to the OP for this Topic.

[edit on 8-12-2006 by JbT]

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join