It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov Kristi Noem Shot and Killed "Less Than Worthless Dog" and a 'Smelly Goat

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2024 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
I'm an old military guy so that would make us have different views.

Actually I'm a female US Army Vet.
So our views on most stuff are probably closer than you think.

posted on Apr, 27 2024 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: Xtrozero
I'm an old military guy so that would make us have different views.

Actually I'm a female US Army Vet.
So our views on most stuff are probably closer than you think.

It's interesting how the veterans on here tend to have a more realistic view of things than woke college kids that think they're "educated." I'm also a veteran. 13 years in the Air Force.

And they think WE'RE the dumb ones.

Without even mentioning the fact that the military is much more educated than the average civilian thinks, but we also have a lot of real-world experience that gives us a perspective on things they can't imagine.
edit on 27-4-2024 by YourFaceAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2024 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Myhandle

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: Myhandle
I need more sources.

It's quoted from 'her upcoming memoir'. So it comes from her. Those are her words.

Yeah guys I can read. That’s how I’m able to respond in the first place. I’m saying I don’t believe it until I see it myself in print on paper. No one with half of a brain and a career in politics would put those thoughts to paper.

I think you answered your own question. Gov. Noem would be a perfect VP for trump.
edit on 27-4-2024 by lilzazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2024 @ 12:32 PM
link   
She is a sickening human being that is truly evil

posted on Apr, 27 2024 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Animal cruelty should automatically disqualify anyone from a public office.

If you have the mentality to kill an animal when there are certainly other options, then you have the mentality that could possibly justify the same treatment of a human being. It is not only poor judgement, but a form of EVIL, and there are certainly enough examples in this world.
edit on 27-4-2024 by charlyv because: sp

posted on Apr, 27 2024 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

No disagreement with me here.

Where I live if your dog chases a deer, you shoot it.

If your dog starts eating chickens, you shoot it.
If your dog takes a fondness to tipping over and eating out of the trash can, you shoot it.

If your dog bites your kid, you shoot it.

I dont own chickens so cant comment, i dont own deer so cant comment, ive had 2 kids and dog never bitten them but you are quite happy to shoot a dog dead because it eats from the trash?

Why Does My Dog… Like to Eat Weird Things Out of the Trash

For a few dogs, however, eating weird things out of the trash can be a sign that something is wrong. There are certain medical conditions or medications that can increase a dog’s appetite or cause an upset stomach. If, as a result, a dog is hungry and it is far from meal time, he may scrounge around and try to retrieve items out of the trash to eat. If he is experiencing gastrointestinal upset, then ingesting an item and having something in his stomach may help ease that uncomfortable feeling. But this can lead to a whole host of medical problems, from foreign-body obstructions to ingestion of toxins. If your dog is frequently ingesting inedible items, have him examined by your veterinarian immediately to rule out an underlying medical issue.

The bottom line is that trash cans are an attractive source of food or great-smelling treats or chewables for most dogs, so do your best to keep your buddy safe and out of the trash

Nope nothing in that article about shooting a dog dead to resolve the issue

My dog eats everything in sight, including trash

Your dog does not have an eating problem – it has a behavior problem. Getting into things is fun! Eating trash and other goodies simply tastes good!

This is all normal dog behavior

Nor nothing there about shooting a dog dead for eating out of trash, in fact its consider normal dog behaviour

edit on 27-4-2024 by UpIsNowDown2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-4-2024 by UpIsNowDown2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2024 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari
a reply to: AwakeNotWoke

No disagreement with me here.

Where I live if your dog chases a deer, you shoot it.

If your dog starts eating chickens, you shoot it.

If your dog takes a fondness to tipping over and eating out of the trash can, you shoot it.

If your dog bites your kid, you shoot it.

I consider someone who takes their dog to a vet and have it put down a coward.

You are their owner.

Act like it and own the situation.

I am mystified about this topic.

I understand that there are people out there that now hold their dog in higher esteem than their own child.

I just don't understand them.

~shrug~

That view of farm help is truly something that bewilders the mind.
If you can't or refuse to properly train your hand then you should not be allowed to attempt to do so. All hands can be trained accordingly and removing their ability to do so is just absolutely sick and perverted.

edit on 27-4-2024 by budzprime69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2024 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I grew up on a farm and yes, people do have to emotionally detach to an extent and develop callous over time in order to survive that lifestyle. If you become emotionally attached to the animals then you're setting yourself up to suffer some severe PTSD. So you disassociate and stop seeing the animals as living creatures. You see them more as a product or a resource. It's not any different than what a soldier has to do when they're fighting the enemy. You disassociate yourself, dehumanize the enemy so you can get the job done. It's a survival mechanism. That's why, when some soldiers come out of battle, they switch that mechanism off, try to be a civilian again...then they suffer PTSD because now, all the emotions that were shut off in survival, start flooding in and it's traumatizing.

Shutting down emotions is something we do to survive but it's not healthy long-term. Emotions need to be processed and healed. When you switch into survival and stay there, something in the brain changes, it wires a little differently...in an unhealthy way. When the majority of society functions in survival mode 24/7, it's normalized. We've become conditioned to accept abnormal as "normal".

posted on Apr, 27 2024 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Obviously, Kristi Noem is an idiot... it appears her dog wasn't raised around chickens, thus any dog not raised around chicken will kill and eat them.

Plus her excuse trying to grab the dog out of anger, she deserved to be bit...

Trump better not pick that Stupid B****

RIP Cricket

posted on Apr, 27 2024 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: cherokeetroy

Shutting down emotions to complete a job is one thing. But to do it with a creature that looks to you for guidance is heartless.
Farm or no farm disgust and disappointment is not an excuse to execute. If you think it is maybe take a look at yourself and ask what you are doing incorrect.
Really grinds my gears to read some of the posts on this thread.
edit on 27-4-2024 by budzprime69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2024 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: budzprime69
But to do it with a creature that looks to you for guidance is heartless.

That's just it .... this 14 month old puppy was just doing what puppies do and didn't get proper training from the owner. The puppy looked to Noem as part of the pack and trusted her. That trust was betrayed when she took out to a quarry and shot his brains out. Total betrayal of trust. Sick.

posted on Apr, 27 2024 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I have a very deep disgust for people that treat others and that include non humans with such disregard.
I spent some time away for dealing with someone that did so with a few pups he had in town. The guy cried before I was hauled away and the only think I could think of was what those pups had to deal with knowing their life was about to taken away. If those cops had not arrived then there is a very real chance I would have blacked out and done more harm similar to what those pups went through.

posted on Apr, 27 2024 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: budzprime69

I'm not excusing the behavior. I, myself, am naturally empathetic. I love animals. I was extremely traumatized by many things I experienced growing up. I'm offering an explanation for why people are able to do some of the heinous, cruel things they do. When you disassociate and dehumanize other people or objectifying animals, you're actually dehumanizing & objectifying yourself in the process. It's psychopathic if you think about it. But like I said, we've normalized it. I think there is a spectrum of psychopathy in society. At the lower end, you've got your run of the mill psychopaths like Ted Bundy & politicians. Then you've got the grey area in the middle... mostly people who are just numbed out but don't realize it. Then you've got the other end of the spectrum, hypersensitive empaths.

Although I consider myself to be more on the empathetic side, I still disassociate to a certain degree. I disassociate when I eat chicken or fish and I don't stop to think about what that animal went through in it's last moments. I disassociate when I watch the news sometimes...so I'm still on the "spectrum". You have to disassociate in order exist in this world. If I didn't disassociate and I allowed myself to feel the full extent of my feelings every day just witnessing all the horrifying events going on across the planet, I'd probably be rocking back and forth curled up in a ball somewhere from the massive trauma I'd endure.
edit on 27-4-2024 by cherokeetroy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2024 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Been reading comments online ... and some opinion pieces.
Everyone on the right and the left are saying 'what the hell??'
They all think she was wrong to do it, and an idiot to brag
about it and write it in a book. Political suicide.

posted on Apr, 28 2024 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Wow, after reading that...... she sounds like a nastier person than I ever realized. I know little about her since I dont pay close attention to politics in the mainstream, but Ive heard of her, and just thought she was another loudmouth dum dum just trying to score cool points with Trump. But after reading this, she sounds like a psychopath. Trump would be pretty dumb to pick her.

posted on Apr, 28 2024 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: cherokeetroy
You see them more as a product or a resource.

Or a doctor operating, do some pretty gruesome things if we watched them operate. I think some do not fully understand what a working animal is compared to a pet. As to this dog, it seemed to be a working animal and she could not trust it to include biting people.

For her to use it as an example of making a hard decision was a rather poor thought process though. As to the goat... the vast majority are raised to be eaten, it's like being upset that a rancher has a cow slaughtered for meat.

posted on Apr, 28 2024 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: burritocat
But after reading this, she sounds like a psychopath. Trump would be pretty dumb to pick her.

Gov. Noem is the perfect pick for trumps VP.

posted on Apr, 28 2024 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

You and I just aren't going to see eye to eye on this.

Shockingly, that does happen on a rare occasion. Having an original opinion that isn't lockstep with the 'club'. It's not against the law...yet!

posted on Apr, 28 2024 @ 03:48 PM
link   
She's getting ratio'd so bad. You can stick a fork in Kristi

posted on Apr, 28 2024 @ 04:05 PM
link   
This is a big nothing burger.
Her chances of truly being a VP pick went away long ago when everyone found out about her affair with Lewandowski.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join