It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov Kristi Noem Shot and Killed "Less Than Worthless Dog" and a 'Smelly Goat

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2024 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Well, this is disturbing information on Gov Kristi Noem. And it comes from Kristi Noem herself. She is believed by many to be the #1 Vice President pick for Donald Trump. And in the past I've said she's doing a good job. (and I think she is). But this is pretty callous and uncaring. She decided to shoot dead a 14 month old dog because he wasn't hunting correctly for her, and she said she hated the dog. If she didn't like the dog she could have rehomed it, it wasn't violent and someone may have been able to train it. At 14 months old it was still a "child". Or, she could have had a vet put it to sleep. But she shot it dead and it sounds like she was relieved when she did. AND she did the same thing to a goat that 'smelled bad and chased kids'. Dragged it out to a gravel pit and shot it dead.

Gov Kristi Noem Shot and Killed "Less Than Worthless Dog" and a 'Smelly Goat'

“Cricket was a wirehair pointer, about 14 months old,” she said of the soon-to-be-shot pup with an “aggressive personality” that made her “untrainable.” Noem took Cricket on a hunt to learn from other dogs — but she instead ruined the hunt by going “out of her mind with excitement” and attacking some chickens like a “trained assassin,” Noem wrote. When Noem tried to grab the dog, it “whipped around to bite me,” she wrote. “I hated that dog,” Noem continued, calling Cricket “dangerous to anyone she came in contact with” and “less than worthless … as a hunting dog.”
“At that moment, I realized I had to put her down.”

Noem also detailed how she killed a “nasty and mean” male goat because it had not been castrated. She described the animal as smelling “disgusting, musky, rancid” and claimed it “loved to chase” Noem’s children and knock them down. The goat was also “dragged to a gravel pit,” but jumped when she pulled the trigger, and subsequently survived the wound. Noem went back to her truck to retrieve another shell, then “hurried back to the gravel pit and put him down,” she wrote.

edit on 4/26/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

(post by Disgusted123 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Apr, 26 2024 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I need more sources. Anyone who would write those thoughts down knows nothing of politics.

posted on Apr, 26 2024 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Myhandle
I need more sources.

It's quoted from 'her upcoming memoir'. So it comes from her. Those are her words.

posted on Apr, 26 2024 @ 02:18 PM
link   
It's a quote from HER OWN BOOK she wrote.

Why would you need more sources?

a reply to: Myhandle

posted on Apr, 26 2024 @ 02:20 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 26 2024 @ 02:25 PM
link   
An untrainable dog who is aggressive to people. Those kind of animals get put down all the time.
If it was a pit bull I doubt anybody would complain.

+10 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2024 @ 02:26 PM
link   
While I absolutely don't agree with the methods she used, you seem to paint the dog in a better light than she does. It sounds like it was aggressive. And once a chicken killer, always a chicken killer, which means no good for hunting. I know this much first hand. If it was that aggressive, it could have been put down in a more human method, for sure.

The goat....
Well, give it away and get it "fixed" male breeding goats are complete A holes and can be dangerous to have around children.

Again, she did not handle either well, but to be honest, she handled them the way a lot of old school farmers in my area would have.

They just don't talk about it to outsiders.

(post by fringeofthefringe removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 26 2024 @ 02:28 PM
link   
She actually sounded proud of herself ... saying it was a hard thing but she had to do it so she did. Like that makes her tough or something .. shooting dead an innocent 14 month old dog that hadn't done anything wrong. Someone other than her could have trained him, or if he really was violent (doesnt' sound like it), then she could have had a vet put him to sleep.

This kind of thing came up with DR. OZ who was running for the senate a while back against Fetterman in Pennsylvania. Commercials came out against Dr. Oz exposing the fact that he had been involved with animal experimentation and that 300 dogs suffered and died because of his experiments.

NBC News Dr Oz Animal Testing Experiments - He Killed over 300 Dogs

It was a very effective commercial.

I live in Delaware but got all the Fetterman/Oz commercials during that election cycle on my TV. I was thinking that no one should vote for Fetterman because of his stroke and that he couldn't function properly. But when the commercials came out about Dr. Oz killing over 300 dogs ... and they detailed how they died in the experiments ... I changed my mind and said that Fetterman would be better.

These animal cruelty revelations .. that she is actually proud of .. could sink her for Vice President. And most folks, myself included, think she's probably Trumps #1 pick at this point.

posted on Apr, 26 2024 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vermilion

An untrainable dog who is aggressive to people. Those kind of animals get put down all the time.
If it was a pit bull I doubt anybody would complain.

I don't know if the 14 month old was really untrainable. She said he couldn't be trained for hunting. And he tried to bite her once. I don't think that qualifies as aggressive.

Like I said ... another owner could have worked with the puppy dog. Or at the very least, a vet could have calmly and properly put him down.

posted on Apr, 26 2024 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: Myhandle
I need more sources.

It's quoted from 'her upcoming memoir'. So it comes from her. Those are her words.

Yeah guys I can read. That’s how I’m able to respond in the first place. I’m saying I don’t believe it until I see it myself in print on paper. No one with half of a brain and a career in politics would put those thoughts to paper.

posted on Apr, 26 2024 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
you seem to paint the dog in a better light than she does.

I dunno. Maybe she paints the dog in a worse light than he was.
Seriously .. if he isn't good for hunting, maybe he's good for a pet for someone else?
It just sounds like she didn't try.

I think she's a good governor ... but this animal revelation thing ... this is just wrong. IMHO

posted on Apr, 26 2024 @ 02:35 PM
link   
and the poor GOAT. Don't forget the GOAT. She took him to a gravel pit and shot him simply because he smelled bad and chased kids. COMEON ... it's a farm animal, it's going to smell bad. And if it chases kids then leave him in the pen and tell the kids to leave him alone. Don't freak'n shoot him.

posted on Apr, 26 2024 @ 02:38 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2024 @ 02:42 PM
link   
If you want to talk corruption, we can talk Kristi Noem. Bigtime sellout. Not to mention how severely she's been ratioed on Twitter lately for her cosmetic upgrades & shoddy plastic surgery.

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2024 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Farm people or even rural living people think much differently than you do.

I read those events you’re apparently absolutely aghast at and I honestly think nothing of this.

We had a bad dog before, my dad walked it into a the bush and shot it and I wasn’t even sad at the time I didn’t care for the dog either. I was like 10 maybe. Cats too, can attacked me one day then ran away straight up my dads leg and bit him too. Cat in one hand and hand gun in the other I never seen the cat again.

Don’t get me wrong I love animals. Owned them my whole entire life I’ve never not had a dog and some of the dogs I’ve owned I’d even risk my own life to save but I wouldn’t do it for every animal I’ve ever owned.

See just like humans you can get a loser animal too. And I don’t equate animals to humans and will always prefer human safety over animal safety.

I used to be one of those my dogs are my children kind of people. Then I had kids a realized how stupid that is.
a reply to: FlyersFan

edit on 26-4-2024 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2024 @ 02:50 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 26 2024 @ 02:57 PM
link   
It would be a huge mistake to release an autobiography or memoirs right now if someone was looking to further their very public and political career. Opponents will look for anything to derail someone's character and qualifications and it doesn't have to be political in the least. Animals play a huge role in many people's lives. Considering the callousness which she seems to display in the dispatching of the animals which doesn't bode well with many people, regardless if she made a good and correct call on their demise, it isn't wise to share some things in your life.

I simply can't believe anyone would have the stupidity to toss out their memoirs at such a critical point in their life to be picked apart and berated by the public. You know the old saying, it's better to be thought an idiot than to open your mouth and prove it.....or something to that effect. It's downright stupid to publish personal stories and such that can be used against you when you are hoping to be considered for such an esteemed position.

I've had to put animals down and it is actually quite traumatic for me in some instances. However, I would never share the details to the general public because most people simply would not understand and, they believe all animals should live regardless of the issues or reasons for them not to.
edit on th30202400000030bFri, 26 Apr 2024 15:01:05 -05002024000000x by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2024 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux
I simply can't believe anyone would have the stupidity to toss out their memoirs at such a critical point in their life to be picked apart and berated by the public.

The way she worded it is that she's proud that she did this to the two animals. That it was a tough thing to do so that by doing it, it shows that she can do the tough things. I guess she thinks it makes her look presidential. All I see is someone who gave up on a 14 month old dog because the dog wasn't a good hunting dog. Didn't bother to see if it could be trained as a pet by someone else. Didn't go to the vet to have it put down in a 'nice' way. And the goat ... don't get me started on the goat ... a farm animal minding it's own business, smelling like farm animals do, chasing kids that come near it (so keep the kids out of it's pen!!)

UGH.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join