It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian Regime Escalates Hiijab Mandate Through Sexual Violence and Beatings of Women

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shoshanna
And please point me to the Islamic text that instructs men to assault women for not wearing a hijab? Do you have that handy or are you just an Islamophobe who knows nothing about the religion? Or are you just making fun of me because you know nothing?

Have you been to the ME? Do you not understand that women are treated very differently over there? Israel is about the only place where there is a level of equality. Do you think it is BS that a woman can be beaten or even stoned to death. Not allowed to go to school, treated like property and so on depending on the country.

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Some people just will defend barbarism any way they can.

Iranian Laws on Women, are restrictive and draconian, Women face restrictions on dress and severe punishment for violations. The Islamic Republic mandated wearing head covering, or hijab, in public. Violators face punishments that include up to two months in prison, fines of up to 500,000 rials and up to 74 lashes.

Yep that is the law, but individuals and families have their own laws that are protected by the government, like honor killings, a husband, father, brother or any other member of the family can kill a women or girl if they feel they has been dishonored.

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Images of Iranian woman in the 70s make me cry.

Beyond taking SEVERAL LEAPS backwards overnight, Iran should serve as a warning for every country that responds to uncomfortable progressive change with revolutionary religiousity.
edit on 22-4-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Degradation33
Images of Iranian woman in the 70s make me cry.

Beyond taking SEVERAL LEAPS backwards overnight, Iran should serve as a warning for every country that responds to uncomfortable progressive change with revolutionary religiousity.

Imagine being fired from your job, or being fined, or having your property confiscated, or being put on some ‘list’, or going to jail for using the wrong pronouns.

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

Keep an eye on michigan, that is becoming the new gaza in the US.

The Horror of ‘Honor Killings’, Even in US

www.amnestyusa.org...

edit on 22-4-2024 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-4-2024 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: Degradation33

Keep an eye on michigan, that is becoming the new gaza in the US.

We can call it ‘Lil gaza’ or ‘Tehran West’

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Since the CIA over thoow the elected government. Iran has headed into extremism. There is no place for this kinda sexual violence in the modern world. Entire nations MK ultrad.

sad times.

<< 6  7  8   >>

join