It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian Regime Escalates Hiijab Mandate Through Sexual Violence and Beatings of Women

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 08:48 AM
link   
This is Persia, not Middle East, so I put it in mainstream news.

For a while, many years ago, Iran was actually coming along nicely. It was starting to be more open and it was giving women rights that they hadn't had in Islam. But then it slipped back to the old ways. It is now very repressive against it's own women. Repressive and violent. Their notorious 'morality police' are back out in force beating women, and even killing some, pushing the oppressive Hiijab mandate on women and girls.

I"m wondering how long it'll be before the younger Iranians fight back and finally kick the mullahs and their ilk to the curb. The oppression for the women in Iran is suffocating. They even had their education rights restricted. For a while, they could get college degrees in pretty much anything, now they can't take college classes that will give them good degrees like engineering. The regime has said they want the women at home having babies instead of having jobs and living their lives as they wish.

Iranian Regime Escalates Hiijab Mandate Through Sexual Violence and Beatings of Women

Human rights agencies and opposition groups report that the Iranian regime’s notorious “Morality Police” employs beatings and, in some cases, sexual violence to enforce oppressive policies against women. Multiple individuals have been detained during violent arrests across Iran since last weekend.

This escalation of violence against women comes after the ayatollah regime recently announced its “Nour Project,” officially created to handle “dealing with anomalies,” which refers to social practices considered normal in free societies but incompatible with the ayatollah regime’s extremist religious ideology.

Resorting to conspiracy theories, Iran’s supreme leader, Ali Khamenei, accused Western nations of “hiring” women who do not wear hijab, arguing that hijab-wearing was of the “utmost importance.” Many of Iran’s young population has undergone significant secularization and has even rejected the radical Islam imposed by the regime.

Narges Mohammadi, a Nobel laureate and prominent Iranian human rights activist currently imprisoned by the regime, condemned the latest crackdown on ordinary women.

“The Islamic Republic has transformed the streets into a battleground against women and youth, wielding fear and intimidation as weapons,” Mohammadi said from the notorious Evin Prison, which has become one of the symbols of the government’s oppressive rule.

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Yea Yea we get it.

Iran bad.

Israel worse.

America the schizophrenic cousin.

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: 19Bones79
Yea Yea we get it.

Kinda looks like you don't.
The article is talking about how Iran is taking itself backwards, not forwards.
Especially with women and their rights.
It's got nothing to do with Israel. It's got nothing to do with the USA.

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Only way to improve it is to invade them and kill a bunch of people. Spread a little more freedom and democracy for the globalist cabal.

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Ironic as hell that Western leftists think Iran is the good guy over there.

Edit: Just for gee wiz, in the modern usage, Iran is usually considered part of the Middle East. It's certainly not the Far East.
edit on 21-4-2024 by YourFaceAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 09:04 AM
link   
BS anti-Iranian propaganda flooding the MSM, and folks just lapping it up.

If only they would get on their knees, and accept a red-shield central-bank, then we could all play nice again.

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 09:07 AM
link   

The authors of that blog didn't even have the balls to put their names to the article.

While I don't doubt that women are oppressed in Iran this is nothing new.

It has been that way ever since the US #ed them over in the 50's.

You're just poo-pooing the other side.

It's very obvious what you're doing, but don't stop now you're on a roll!

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: KnowItAllKnowNothin
BS anti-Iranian propaganda flooding the MSM, and folks just lapping it up.

Oh, it's just BS? Women have equal rights in Iran?

Talk about brainwashed.

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: 19Bones79
The authors of that blog didn't even have the balls to put their names to the article.

The staff at the site wrote the article and it's accurate.
Nothing wrong with it.

While I don't doubt that women are oppressed in Iran this is nothing new.

It's not new ... but it's worse. Thus the information in the article.

The rest of your post was drivel. Won't address it.

Kinda interesting that you don't want this discussed and that you are mocking it.
Says a lot.

link   
JAY1980 put it magnificently in another thread.

originally posted by: JAY1980

originally posted by: Athetos.

Again Muslim counties have been doing this to everyone else and each other from time immemorial. Why should I start caring right now? What promises do I have at any kind of Muslim reform? Zero.
a reply to: HopeForTheFuture

You are so incredibly misinformed about the middle east. Unfortunately it would probably take hours to de-program the consent for hate the establishment has manufactured in you.

Do you even know what Wahhabism is or where it comes from? Do you understand our relationship with Saud Arabia? You sound either incredibly misinformed or just straight ignorant. Can't tell.

What if I told you that Iran had a functioning democracy up until America and Saudi Arabia seeded a revolution in the 50's installing a radical form of Islam known as Wahhabism.
Source
This is Iran in the 40's.

Not a burka in sight.
You think radical Islam just organically sprung up from the ground in these places?

We supply weapons to ISIS in Syria who routinely burn Christians in cages.
Source

I understand you have been propagandized to fear Islam. I was under the same assumption once too until I educated myself about American foreign policies. It's way more nuanced than just...

Again Muslim counties have been doing this to everyone else and each other from time immemorial.

You honestly don't think Christianity, catholicism, and Judaism are immune from this same criticism?

The catholic church(and our government) is full of pedophiles for crist sake! America is the largest consumer of inappropriate pictures of children and child sex trafficking on the planet.

Our judeo-christian capitalist autocracy has killed an estimated 12 million people in the last 20 years from sanctions and unjustified wars. Sure you may see them as dirty Muslims who deserve it. That doesn't make you any better if you support the same barbarism you say they support.

link   
For those who are new, this is the typical post written about the country Israel or the USA is currently bombing.

It goes something like this.......

I. Israel/US starts to bomb a country/region (or supplies weapons - wink/wink)

2. Posts are starting about how bad those people or countries are - nothing directly to do with the current conflict, just a list of "bad" things. Other countries maybe worse but certain posters like to start degrading people when the bombs start.

3. If anyone disagrees with the bombing in #1, then they are accused of supporting the "bad" people

edit on 21-4-2024 by Daughter2v2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-4-2024 by Daughter2v2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 09:13 AM
link   

This is incredibly sad to read.

Abuse against women is morally reprehensible, in fact, all kinds of abuse is morally reprehensible!

I think teaching empathy for all creatures from an early age can foster a more compassionate society, but some creatures from this world want us to be afraid instead of learning.

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Vital Voices - Iran Regime Crackdown on Womens Rights

The Iran regime is continuing its unrelenting crackdown on women’s rights, declaring in a recent statement that it will deny services to students in schools and university who do not wear head scarfs or adhere to restrictive dress codes.

This policy announcement from the Iranian Ministry of Education is the latest effort by the government in its months-long systematic and often violent campaign to silence the voice of women and deny their fundamental human rights.

In Iran, schools are segregated by gender. Girls are taught curriculums, including a selective focus on arts and humanities, meant to reinforce the belief that they are physically and cognitively weaker than boys, according to reports from women leaders on the ground in the Vital Voices Global Network. Boys, in turn, are taught science, technology, math, and sports to bolster the sense that they are physically stronger, and intellectually superior. These practices are meant to further enshrine the state’s version of sharia, or religious law.

Vital Voices has joined the global effort end gender apartheid in Iran and for women and girls who live under the oppressive regimes of the Islamic Republic of Iran and Afghanistan.

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daughter2v2
For those who are new, this is the typical post written about the country Israel or the USA is currently bombing.

No one is currently bombing Iran. So no.

Care to address the actual topic?

Women in Iran are being subjected to the Morality Police again.

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Georgetown University - Irans Educational System and the Institutionalization of Gender Inequality

The Iranian state has no motivation to tackle discrimination against women. In fact, Iran has institutionalized sexism through laws and regulations that create intentional inequalities between men and women, all justified using Islam. These rules have given male perpetrators free reign to proudly take the law into their own hands as divine executioners. Although honor killings are extreme cases, they stem from fundamental inequalities and discrimination, which begin before birth, are institutionalized in the education system, and then supported by law. Iran must fulfill its international obligation to ensure education is available, accessible, acceptable, and adaptable to all children, which would naturally address discrimination and inequalities in the educational system.

Iran’s institutionalized sexism impacts a child’s life before they are even born. For the year 2021-2022, Iran’s judiciary set the rate of blood money (diyyeh) at 480 million tumans [~US$113,738]. This amount only applies if the fetus is a boy. If the fetus is a girl, the amount is halved. Blood money is based on Article 17 of the Islamic Penal Code and is a form of punitive and restorative justice. Article 448 defines it as a “punishment to compensate for physical harm inflicted on individuals.” In this case, this would mean anyone who intentionally batters or abuses a pregnant women and causes an abortion would have to pay blood money (Article 622). Women’s lives are, therefore, decided by the state to be worth half of a man’s even before birth.

For education to be acceptable, the subject matter and teaching methods must be non-discriminatory. In Iran, schools are segregated by gender, which makes discrimination against genders easily implementable. Girls are taught only arts and humanities to reinforce the belief that they are physically and cognitively weaker than boys. Boys, in turn, are taught science, technology, math, and sports to bolster the sense that they are stronger, smarter, and the natural heads of their families

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 09:20 AM
link   

You're right, we're just trying to gain consent to start bombing them in the near future. TOTALLY different.
edit on 21-4-2024 by ImagoDei because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 09:21 AM
link   

After reading the comments what stands out the most is how nobody seems concerned about women in this day and age being treated worse than stray dogs.

Saying whatever comes to mind isn't seen as a privilage, but a right in the western world; the right to show zero compassion for oppressed and abused fellow humans.

I doubt any women will come on here with the 'whataboutisms' to defend forcing women to walk around wearing a sac and always accompanied by a male chaperone. Do these macho males also turn a blind eye to mutilating the privats parts of little girls?

If it isn't slavery and abuses of the worst kind I don't know what is.....but lets just say 'all western governments are bad' and sweep it all under the rug for a few more centuries.

I'd love to see the tables turned and the men who support such human abuses be subjected to the same treatment for a decade or two.

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Sadly....this is their way. And those same attitudes we find in the young indoctrinated men here in Dearborn.

That "Death to America" chant is not representative of the people themselves, transplanted here in America.

They are adamant in regards to their religion....antiquated, outdated...but...theirs.

Talk to an 11 year old in a hijab. It is eye-opening, standard, and acceptable. It's just w that...we...the Western World doesn't get it. We don't have to.
edit on 04243130America/ChicagoSun, 21 Apr 2024 09:23:31 -050023202400000031 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 09:22 AM
link   
The 'morality police' going around beating and sexually abusing women for not wearing the hijab isn't just a religious thing, it's a power thing by the government showing that they have full authority and control.

Time Magazine - What the Return of the ‘Morality Police’ Means for Iran’s Women

Iran’s so-called “morality police” is resuming patrols to enforce the country’s strict hijab rules, after largely pausing its activities for 10 months following mass protests over the killing of 21-year-old Mahsa Amini last September while she was in police custody. Amini had been detained for allegedly wearing “improper” hijab prior to her arrest.

On Sunday, Saeid Montazeralmahdi, a spokesperson for Faraja, Iran’s law enforcement body, confirmed that the morality police had resumed its street patrols, the state-run Mizan news agency reported. Officers will first issue a warning to any woman breaking the country’s hijab rules, he said, followed by legal action including arrests and being taken to re-education facilities for “those who continue to disregard the consequences of deviating from dress norms.”

Firoozeh Kashani-Sabet, a scholar of Iranian and Middle Eastern history at the University of Pennsylvania, says that it is “unsurprising” that the morality police are returning to the streets.

“The hijab laws have become synonymous with the politics of the Islamic Republic,” she tells TIME, adding that it is “not easy for the Islamic Republic to back away from one of its major policies that serves as a symbol of its power.”

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Heck yea religion of peace spreading and enforcing peace by any peace necessary.

Better send them money and aid so Palestine can be “free” (of what? Jews? Islam? Both?)

Waiting for the boomers and the British to show up so they can help advocate for all the sharia law they seem to have grown to love over the recent conflict and how everyone else is evil except the holy perpetual victims Hamas.

You cannot and will not sell me on Islam ever. Read their books, studied the Haaj even wrote a report on it. It’s a very hard pass from me. The more I get to know Islam the more I dislike it and by extension cannot support its followers in anyway. Not a big fan of any organized religion you won’t find me championing Christian’s or Jew’s it’s a three ring circus in my opinion.
edit on 21-4-2024 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join