It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian Regime Escalates Hiijab Mandate Through Sexual Violence and Beatings of Women

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 06:42 PM
link   
DP
edit on x30Sun, 21 Apr 2024 18:42:42 -05002024111America/ChicagoSun, 21 Apr 2024 18:42:42 -05002024 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

The left in America have never given a damn about women's rights except on a eugenicist viewpoint.

For instance, they always conveniently forget that it took a 60 year political battle for Rebublicans to give women voting rights.

Democrats voted against it till the bitter end, but were finally outnumbered.

Women in America that voting season returned the favor by voting in a Republican President in a landslide.

But back to Iran...

A big part of the failed efforts in Afghanistan was to replace the Taliban who treat women like cattle. Iran/Iraq will stone a woman to death for causing a man to rape her... There are 100s of like stories about the plight of women in the ME.

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I am very happy that you are a gun owner, that is the right of all Americans, I truly applaud you.

As for Afghanistan biden did the worst thing he could have do to women in that region, after enjoying freedoms since the Bush era they were send back to the stone age under the Taliban rule that US fought to get out of the region.

Is a shame and a disservice for the right of women in Afghanistan.

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
And for those who will jump in here and blame Biden for Afghanistan -- here are the facts.

Afghanistan was much different than Iraq. Totally different situation where we were trying for a very long time to get the warlords to run a functional Government and it failed. The failure wasn't us it was Afghanistan that would rather just bicker and let it all go back to the more powerful Taliban, and that is what happened.

You are right that Trump was working to get out, but where you are HUGHLY wrong was Biden's EXTREME failure in how he executed that drawdown. A massive failure on the grand scale of things. He has killed 1000s of people because of his blunders and wasted many billions in equipment that was just left.

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

I am very happy that you are a gun owner, that is the right of all Americans, I truly applaud you.

As for Afghanistan biden did the worst thing he could have do to women in that region, after enjoying freedoms since the Bush era they were send back to the stone age under the Taliban rule that US fought to get out of the region.

Trump and Biden.

But that's a different thread.

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 07:09 PM
link   

And for those who will jump in here and blame Biden for Afghanistan -- here are the facts.

Afghanistan was much different than Iraq. Totally different situation where we were trying for a very long time to get the warlords to run a functional Government and it failed. The failure wasn't us it was Afghanistan that would rather just bicker and let it all go back to the more powerful Taliban, and that is what happened.

You are right that Trump was working to get out, but where you are HUGHLY wrong was Biden's EXTREME failure in how he executed that drawdown. A massive failure on the grand scale of things. He has killed 1000s of people because of his blunders and wasted many billions in equipment that was just left.

My post was about women and how dedicated Mavis Leno was to Afghan women.

"Do not forget those who came before"

As far as the withdrawal -- I only mentioned it to show the facts. Both Trump and Biden are equally to blame. Do not continue in this thread.

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Biden was under no obligation to withdraw. There was no treaty in place. There was only a loose executive agreement which the Taliban had violated, so Biden was free to go against Trump's intention if he wanted. The agreement was less formal than the Paris climate accord or the JCPOA, both of which Trump was able to legally withdraw us from. So their pathetic excuse that Biden was somehow forced to do this by Trump or forced to do it the way he did it by Trump is just lies.

Biden wanted to withdraw. The decision to go ahead with the withdrawal was his. His administration even said the Trump administration hadn't really worked out the logistics yet, so the actual execution of the withdrawal was entirely on the Biden team--which is why it was such a disaster.

Their flailing attempts to excuse Biden's failure with "he was just following Trump's plan!" are 100% factually false.

He didn't follow Trump's plan, and he didn't even listen to the military advisors. And he got our people killed. Then he checked his watch multiple times at the dignified transfer and waved their families off when they tried to talk to him.

Three days after the bombing, the remains of all 13 service members arrived at Dover Air Force Base for the dignified transfer ceremony, where President Joe Biden was there to greet the families. Instead of feeling comforted, all three mothers described feeling disrespected.

"The administration didn't seem to know our story," Shamblin said. "They didn't seem to know Nicole's name, our names. People from the military certainly knew our story, Nicole's name, our names. And that was expressed to us in a way that felt very genuine and loving. But when it came to the people in suits, it felt disingenuous and hollow."

"First, he called me 'Ms. Lopez,' and I was not 'Mrs. Lopez,'" Briseno said. "And he just talk[ed] about his son and said how much he knows or he understand[s] how we feel because he lost his kid and he didn't feel -- he didn't know how we feel because he was there with his son when he passed. We didn't have the privilege. We received our kids in a casket."

Briseno added that she felt the president made the encounter "all about him." "We had decided as a family that we would not meet with the president, so we were actually in a room on the side," Barnett emphasized. The family ultimately decided to go onto the tarmac, where Biden checked his watch multiple times. "It was just total disrespect," Barnett said. "It's beyond disgusting."

Raddatz recalled a prominent moment during Biden's exit, where someone in the crowd screamed, "Burn in hell."

"That was my daughter," Barnett said. "And she meant it."

ABC News

Biden shooing them away with his hand was told by one of the Gold Star family members on Fox News. The interview could probably be hunted down on YouTube.

These are actually documented, unlike the "Trump called fallen WW1 soldiers losers" story which was obviously made up by the media. It was never corroborated and every single person who was actually there has denied it happened, even people who are at odds with Trump like John Bolton.
edit on 21-4-2024 by YourFaceAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 07:21 PM
link   
According to my daughter who has gone to India a couple of times to study Yoga, if you are a woman there, beware of their laws and social practices. Women need to dress appropriately because if they don't. they can be legally raped or beaten. Certain parts of India are better than others for travelers. It is not just Iran that is an issue, it seems that societies filled with Muslims all have their problems with this. They warned the women who were taking training at the monistary she took training at there, and she noticed it was real when traveling around. She wore proper clothing when she was there, if dressed properly there is strict protection by the police and even the public there.

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 07:41 PM
link   

As far as the withdrawal -- I only mentioned it to show the facts. Both Trump and Biden are equally to blame. Do not continue in this thread.

The blame you are referring to is not really blame for either. We tried and it didn't work. The problem is people do not want to change. That is how the ME is... I feel sorry for all the women, but it is what it is.

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: YourFaceAgain
Biden wanted to withdraw. The decision to go ahead with the withdrawal was his. His administration even said the Trump administration hadn't really worked out the logistics yet, so the actual execution of the withdrawal was entirely on the Biden team--which is why it was such a disaster.

Their flailing attempts to excuse Biden's failure with "he was just following Trump's plan!" are 100% factually false.

I had people in Afghanistan when the withdrawal started, and I have a good number of Afghans who supported us that were left to die.

It was instant, like overnight. Even the Afghanistan Commander didn't know. It was the craziest thing I ever saw. It should have been something over 6 months, not 3 days.
edit on x30Sun, 21 Apr 2024 19:49:50 -05002024111America/ChicagoSun, 21 Apr 2024 19:49:50 -05002024 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: YourFaceAgain

I had people in Afghanistan when the withdrawal started, and I have a good number of Afghans who supported us that were left to die.

It was instant, like overnight. Even the Afghanistan Commander didn't know. It was the craziest thing I ever saw. It should have been something over 6 months, not 3 days.

It was disgusting to leave all those people who helped us behind.

No surprise though. Biden's response in the Senate to the fall of Saigon and all those South Vietnamese allies of ours getting slaughtered was basically "# 'em."

Not to mention all the Americans they left behind. They pulled the military back to Kabul and THEN told civilians to get to Kabul on their own, from hundreds of miles away, through Taliban controlled territory.

Obviously the smart way to do it would be the opposite. Keep the military out in the provinces to help the civvies evacuate and then the military would be last to pull back to Kabul.

Biden has never been smart though. And he thinks he's the smartest person in the room so he won't listen to the smart people who are more knowledgeable on how to do such things.

He did not care how messy it was and how many died, he just wanted that 9/11 deadline for PR.
edit on 21-4-2024 by YourFaceAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 08:39 PM
link   

The blame you are referring to is not really blame for either. We tried and it didn't work. The problem is people do not want to change. That is how the ME is... I feel sorry for all the women, but it is what it is.

That we can agree on.

I completely stay out of any ME stuff -- they've been at each other since the beginning of man. Let them blow each other up.

Maybe a younger generation will break the cycle some day.

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Trump and Biden.

But that's a different thread.

But, but, but Trump🤣. You can’t blame that # on Trump no matter how much you want to hate him.
Diff thread okay but here’s a reminder of Biden’s blunder that got 13 Americans soldiers killed. Biden adm. f’d up, period.

Someone please correct me if wrong but I believe Trump was going to have the whole city secured not just the airport like Biden did. I remember reading this but not sure 100% sure if it was true, been awhile.

Biden abandoned Afghanistan’s Bagram Airfield after nearly 20 years in July by shutting off the electricity and slipping away in the night without notifying the base’s Afghan commander, who discovered the Americans’ secret departure more than two hours after they left. The Taliban quickly took control of Bagram Air Base, which is only 30 miles north of Kabul, on August 15th and released thousands of terrorists held at its prison.

The ISIS suicide bomber who murdered 13 US servicemen and women and 169 Afghans was released by the Taliban from the Bagram Base prison in July.

ISIS suicide bomber Abdul Rehman was incarcerated at the Bagram prison for the past four years until he was set free by the Taliban terrorists. Abdul Rehman then murdered 13 Americans and 173 Afghans in a suicide bombing outside the Kabul Airport.

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: KrustyKrab

OP: Iranian Regime Escalates Hiijab Mandate Through Sexual Violence and Beatings of Women

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 03:55 AM
link   

As far as the withdrawal -- I only mentioned it to show the facts. Both Trump and Biden are equally to blame.

Responding to this nonsense you posted. If you don’t want your post discussed then maybe you shouldn’t say it in the first place. You don’t get to post lies and then expect someone not to respond to it or was that just your typical drive by to tell us how much you still hate trump like you do every other post 🙄

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

And there it is, your hail Mary full of grace.

In support of the most hostile actor in the Middle East with the full backing of the world's bully. He's not smart but man is he strong!

I know it's futile to address the cognitive dissonance on display because a Zionist's belief ultimately comes down to 'picking a side', just like TPTB foresaw you do. Remember, you have to be a willing participant in order for this all to work.

You guys fell for it hook, line and sinker.

Just admit you are under a dictatorship that actively works against the wishes of it's people and a lot of times to it's detriment, while also being the number one exporter of death to other countries whether it be through invasions or simply helping to overthrow other governments.

You have zero moral highground my friend.

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
lol it’s not Islam in your opinion but toxic masculinity.

Lol, just lol nothing more can possibly sum up how I feel about your point of view.

lol

a reply to: Shoshanna

Lol. Ok so let's just keep sending billions to other countries to kill each other and do nothing to help anyone. Thats your point of view? LMFAO! See i can be low iq and rude too. Lol. Lmfao even. Wow.

And please point me to the Islamic text that instructs men to assault women for not wearing a hijab? Do you have that handy or are you just an Islamophobe who knows nothing about the religion? Or are you just making fun of me because you know nothing?

Yes. I am going to take from what you said there that even though America is 31+ trillion in debt the best course of action is to continue sending 10s and 100s of billions of dollars to other countries to kill each other. I mean, Israel has to win right? Ukraine has to win right? Otherwise (insert bad thing here) PUTIN WILL TAKE OVER EVERY EUROPEAN COUNTRY AND THEN HEAD TO AMERICA! THE MUSLIMS WILL HAVE A PIECE OF LAND AND MIGHT USE THAT LAND TO BUILD CONCENTRATION CAMPS AND EXTERMINATE JEWS!!!!!

I mean I'm just trying to understand your thought process. Its hard. LOL!
edit on 22-4-2024 by Shoshanna because: can't spell

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 05:19 AM
link   

In 1979, Crown Prince of Iran Reza Pahlavi was attending fighter pilot school in Lubbock, Texas when the Islamic Revolution overthrew his father's reign. A radical theocracy seized power and began extinguishing freedoms, persecuting minorities, and taking a pro-Western Iran back to the Middle Ages. Since then, the Crown Prince has lived in exile as a leading voice for a secular and democratic Iran. What is his view of the Revolution? Why does he believe regime change is possible today? And how should the U.S. and the West deal with Iran?

Given Iran's recent attack on Israel, we get a rare and timely perspective on the power dynamics within Iran and why the current regime is more fragile than we realize. The Crown Prince paints a picture of his homeland pre-and-post Revolution, and explains why many governments misunderstand the fanatical leadership of Iran. He lays out his strategy of "maximum support" and how combining sanctions and external pressure with internal support, such as internet access and financial resources for protestors, could someday topple the regime. And if it does, he details a post-regime strategy to transition the government toward a secular democracy. We also discuss the longstanding history between the Persian and Jewish people, and how, with the right leadership, the region could once again become dynamic and prosperous. [NOTE: this conversation was recorded shortly before Iran launched hundreds of missiles and drones at Israel.]

00:00 Episode Intro
02:30 Fighter pilot school in Texas
05:12 Iran pre-and-post Revolution
10:02 Is regime change possible?
18:00 US & West don't understand Iran
20:04 Power dynamics within Iran
25:59 Visiting Israel
30:44 Hope for a free Iran

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Shoshanna

And please point me to the Islamic text that instructs men to assault women for not wearing a hijab? Do you have that handy or are you just an Islamophobe who knows nothing about the religion?

Yeah whatever, regardless if in the quran or not and I’m sure it is in some twisted way, they’re doing it in the name of Islam, yep, nothing to see here🙄

Iran Cracks Down on Hijab Law; Police Filmed Attacking Women in the Street According to local Iranian media reports, the new enforcement phase has not yet been made official, although recent videos taken circulating on social media show unveiled women being violently attacked by uniformed guards r Rachel Fink Apr 17, 2024 Get email notification for articles from Rachel Fink Follow Share in Twitter Gift this article Save article to reading list Send in e-mailSend in e-mail The Tehran Police announced on Saturday that they will be implementing a new phase of enforcement of the mandatory hijab law, according to which women who flaunt the country's strict dress code policy by refusing to wear…

Images and videos of the latest hijab crackdown have surfaced on social media, with several Iranian women posting photos of what they say are bruises from being beaten by the morality police. One video purportedly shows Iranian police officers surrounding a woman and forcing her into a white van during a patrol.

www.msn.com...
edit on 22-4-2024 by KrustyKrab because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: 19Bones79

I know it's futile to address the cognitive dissonance on display because a Zionist's belief ultimately comes down to 'picking a side', just like TPTB foresaw you do. Remember, you have to be a willing participant in order for this all to work.

And what does this have to do with the treatment of women in Iran?

I rest my case....

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join