It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The German wrote 4,227 denunciations against the residents of his city

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I think we need more parking snitches to solve the parking problem. Don’t murder me, society. Everybody wants to be a criminal now.

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 09:34 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll
a reply to: YouSir
[snip]

I agree...a forgiving nature certainly provides fertile ground for humility...

Being humble is a unique trait... it has the appearance of weakness... however, it comes from a core of strength... not to mention that it makes good manners...

Thank you for providing clarity

YouSir
edit on 17-3-2024 by YouSir because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/17/2024 by elevatedone because: English Only Please

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 11:41 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

That's insane, what happend at that bbq! What is wrong with these people? Are their lives so meaningless and empty they just want to spoil the lives and fun of others in order to feel better , or have a purpose?
I would have been infuriated. Screw inviting everyone over, they're asshats.
And the German on the bicycle : get a life you big fat LOSER

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 12:49 PM
link   

The youngster on the bike seems a "very special OCD". With that many parking violations it'd seem more productive for everyone including the Police to revisit the current zoning in the town. Lots of older zoning laws get revisited over time since their intended purpose is no longer at issue.

That said I've done my fair share of ignoring signs to park the theory being "they can't catch everyone" & paying the ticket is usually cheaper than what the nearest parking lot charges. This thing is exactly why downtown businesses go belly up. It shouldn't cost me 20 bucks to support a local business before I even get in the door. But I digress.

Taking cheap shots @ RT was unnecessary to the dialog. RT's brought lots of things to our attention we otherwise wouldn't have known over the years. Everytime a "Russian" gets accused of being disinformation, shill or Bot" people need to take a good hard look at ordinary Russians. Just like ordinary people here life isn't easy, we disagree with govt policies, shopping for necessities is difficult, all of us worry about the future.

Everytime I get a "case of the Karens" there are tons of documentaries illustrating daily life in other countries. It makes it impossible for me to "throw a nutty" over the cost of a new front door when the majority of the world is just happy to have a piece of plywood with hinges. I'm also tired of apologizing for every "Ugly-Self Centered American" because most of us don't live like them or act like them. Neither do the Russians. Or Nigerians. Or Swedish. Or Canadians. ad nauseam.

The Kiddo in Germany has a great future in technical writing regarding compliance for industry or Govt. Someone should tell him!

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

Regarding parking and fines for it.
Recently I attended a meeting of a public organization of parents who have special children (Down's disease, cerebral palsy and others) with officials of the Saratov region and representatives of the traffic police. The meeting took place on the premises of the Alexander Nevsky Foundation.
The children's parents complained to the authorities that, by law, cars with such children could park anywhere, but in reality they received fines from surveillance cameras.
The problem is being solved, the authorities are listening. The cameras will be reprogrammed soon.
Maybe it’s worth solving parking issues in Germany, just like in Russia. It's not just about the children. There may be various extreme cases, each of which is worthy of separate consideration.
But to “knock” and inform in such cases in order to get bonuses from the authorities and feel like a “hero” is low and mean.
Every problem must be solved in a civilized manner.

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Informing is not the norm here in Britain. In my experience it has been criminals scared of reprisals who run squealing to the police.

Cycling is a different matter. Many UK drivers are deliberately dangerous. Video is frequently handed to the police and results in some prosecutions. CyclingMikey's father was killed by a careless driver and Mikey is on a quest to save other lives.

Can I ask you if the following story is typical Russian Mentality? I know a man who visited Russia some years ago. He did a deal with a mafia type and was left feeling he had been tricked. So he came up with a crazy plan to set up another deal, snatch the mafia guy's money, run fast to the bank and put the money in his account, stay as long as he could in the bank, then burst out and run fast again till he felt safe. The first part of the plan worked. He snatched the cash and ran to the bank. The bank was shut! The mafia guy cornered him but wouldn't touch him under the CCTV cameras. They shouted at each other for a while, then police arrived. The police listened to both of them then told him to return the cash. One of the policemen told him not to cause trouble in Russia, then jabbed him in the belly with the barrel of his gun so hard it hurt for three weeks. Is this normal for Russia?

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TimBurr

Us Brits have a saying, "Nobody likes a grass".

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TimBurr

Hello. Your story seems wild to me. This was possible in the 90s of the last century. Now this is absolutely impossible.
Every September I travel by car from Saratov to the Krasnodar Territory to meet my classmates. Now we are going to the Fishing Family Park Hotel. This is 1200 kilometers from Saratov. I have never had problems with the traffic police. On the contrary, if I had any problems, I drove up to the police and asked for help. They always helped.
Once again, you have ideas about Russia 30 years ago.

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Obviously the second 2/3 of my post wasn't meant for you!!

Here we have ALL the parking spaces near everything reserved for people with handicapped placards. It sucks when the weather is bad but walking builds character. That'd be the lie I tell myself anyways. Business's have also introduced a few reserved spaces for expectant mothers & veterans.

While I don't begrudge these perks for others I do plan my shopping dependent on just how far away the regular spaces are at a store. Target? Too far, they don't need my business. Walmart? Reasonable so OK. Home Depot? Oh screw it! I am so using the "Contractor Pro" spaces!! Grocery stores? Overland hike, should of brought a backpack & trail mix. Having necessities delivered to home? OMG!!! How lazy do you have to be??!!!

(this does not apply to caregivers, the elderly, or illness)
My internal dialog is "almost" ready for Comedy Central. After a 12hr day pounding concrete at work overland hiking to grab some groceries knowing I will absolutely leave the store without the item I actually went there for deserves some comedy.
At my own expense naturally. I also WILL NOT order a bag of sugar from Amazon cause the flour & sugar packaging is identical an it turns out after 6pm I become spontaniously illiterate.

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Yes, it would have been in the 90's.

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 02:57 PM
link   
During the last covid cycle Australian’s were encouraged to not talk to their neighbors but keep an eye on them and report if they went outside.

Un-f@cking-Australian.

a reply to: Freeborn

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 03:14 PM
link   

For the Russian mentality, such behavior is not only unacceptable, it is shameful. Such a person will become an outcast in society. It's just in the eyes and according to my British colleagues, Russia is a dictatorship and Mordor. In fact, in the Russian language there is such a word “snitch”, that is, a person who informs the authorities on other people, receiving bonuses from the authorities. But, as it turned out, in the West, and in particular in Europe, “informing” is not only encouraged, but is also the norm. It's disgusting.

You sound like Peskov:

Peskov called denunciations, which have become more frequent in the country, a "disgusting" practice.

Which doesn't mean denunciations aren't widely used by the police or FSB and that their targets aren't punished, either by losing their jobs or even getting prison sentences, mainly for criticizing the war in Ukraine. Russia is full of snitches:

Your American friends might need to turn on the subtitles.

Look dear, I know it's just human nature, happens in other countries too but why pretend your country is some kind of utopia?
edit on 17-3-2024 by twistedpuppy because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-3-2024 by twistedpuppy because: problems with inserting a video

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll
a reply to: sine.nomine

You've probably seen another "Novichok" - a terribly toxic deadly poison that still cannot poison anyone))))

What did Navalny eventually die of?

Novichok Poisoning

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Dawn Sturgess' ghost wants a word with you.

I can assure you that the good folk of Salisbury are laughing at your bs.

Do come and visit the famous Salisbury Cathedral spire?

Unless it's snowing, and after flying from Moscow, you can't make it and have to go somewhere else?

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Having been to countries where I've counted a family of 5 on a motorcycle, it was hilarious to me when a German friend gave me a lift on his bicycle.

We made it a full two blocks before the polizei came down a side street in front of us.

My friend frantically told me to get off and he started pushing the bike.

The police slowly drove past us and disappeared a block down from us. I was ready to go again again when he said "wait".

Sure as # up two blocks later the same police car came to check up on us again.

We had to walk all the way to the weed dealer!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join