It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The German wrote 4,227 denunciations against the residents of his city

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll
a reply to: sine.nomine

The Boogeyman is the rabbit before "Novichok". People are usually misled by such incomparable objects. And such comparisons are used in both directions, fear and denial, depending on the situation.
This is an information war, it is usually waged without rules.

Are you implying novichok is no longer in use?

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666
a reply to: RussianTroll

Just because in Russia the loudest, rudest, most intimidating one makes the rules, doesn't mean this is acceptable in other cultures.

Ummm…how do you square…the above…

With this…

Maybe try to see things from another perspective and try to be more understanding.

Isn’t trying to see things from another perspective…fun…

Up until one predicates their own…argument…with prejudice…and intolerance…naturally…

Your point wouldn’t prove specious…and facile…if you had not put on the mantle…of that which you were attempting to castigate…

Splinters…and beams…comes to mind…as do glass houses…

YouSir

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 07:57 AM
link   

In a small village I lived in we had a similar snitch who was hated by one and all alike for his grassing to the police of trivial things .

His vehicle would be regularly covered in eggs as was his front door and someone who was in court for a fall out with this man and his family informed me that 80 % of court cases that day were because of this man and his dissfunctional family .

They weird thing about this man and his family is they have mega money that they never worked for ! & on a daily basis they put many hundreds £ of pounds in to a Pub/ bar gambling machines and drive new cars , I had to see this with my own eyes to believe this and it was also confirmed by the bar man who I knew well .

That kind of spending on a daily basis over many years could only be sustained by a lottery winner

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 08:00 AM
link   
one day he's gonna snitch, drop a dime, on the wrong person, and he'll need stiches, or it will be his last time.
mark my words, some people don't play dat.
edit on 17-3-2024 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 08:00 AM
link   

a reply to: Hecate666

Your “ordung” turns ordinary friendly people into a crowd of informers and informers trying to make some profit from denunciations. 4227 denunciations against your neighbors is already too much. How do you live in such an atmosphere? I don't envy you.

I don't live in that atmosphere any longer as I reside and now call the UK my home.
But to calm you down, it isn't like this all the time or eveywhere. Also Germans have ways to get around it by having bbqs and piss ups at lakes or other spacier places where nobody cares.

It depends on the area, the people around and what you do.

Now that I am on the old side and have seen life in 3 different countries, I appreciate peace and mutual respect so much more.
Here in Britain, lack of certain rules has sometimes made me wish for our German regulations.

It stops antisocial behaviour, but too much can be bad too, I agree.

I couldn't live somewhere like Russia where the weakest have no voice or are ridiculed or scared to voice their concerns.
Whilst others just do whatever they like whenever they like.

I guess Britain is kind of in between. That's why I like it here.

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 08:03 AM
link   

I openly say that every use of Novichok by the British intelligence services causes homeric laughter in Russia.

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

I agree with the opinion expressed just above that such people need to be treated by psychiatrists. I am concerned about the mentality of people who do not fight this phenomenon. I think this shows the unhealthy state of society. Or maybe people are just afraid?

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 08:07 AM
link   

So you really are just a troll... Or perhaps that deep in your own crap... Even I don't trust my own country's intelligence agencies. I honestly pray for the best of you, but I can't delve much further without substantive answers to straight forward questions.

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

How well you started your post, and how poorly you continued with propaganda clichés. And the end of your post completely negates the sincerity of its beginning.

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Why, you are all predictable and the same.
In a crowd, in orderly rows, to the beat of drums with flags and banners - into the abyss.

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 08:14 AM
link   

In a crowd, in orderly rows, to the beat of drums with flags and banners - into the abyss.

You clearly don't know my kind.

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 08:16 AM
link   
You're right, and I'm also not very eager to find out.

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 08:17 AM
link   

I could never figure out that individual, he would go round the area late at night looking for things to complain about including checking the blue recycling bins of people making sure they were compliant

Where he got his money is still a mystery to me but he always had a wallet that was inches thick in money .

Where I stay this person was a exception to the rule as most people do not give a hoot about small things and are socially friendly to their neighbours

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I went to Germany once. Went to the Black Forest and bought a coo-coo clock. The food there was great. Did Switzerland too. The mountains were awesome. Nice people.

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 08:21 AM
link   

What even point are you trying to make here?

Youv’e got some random story of a dude dobbing people in over parking violations and another about how in some place in Germany the local council requires a permit to barbecue in the front yard of small town house.

Then somehow that’s supposed to prove that Germany is some authoritarian police state, where as Russia must then be some utopia of freedom… yeah?

Get a grip dude.

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 08:23 AM
link   

We can agree on that, so let's not make assumptions, yeah? We'd probably be friends face to face. But I see what you're doing here. Anywho, happy St Pat's. I'm gonna take a morning one to prep for the long day ahead.

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine

You clearly don't know my kind.

Ummm..and the obverse is true as well…

And that’s the real crux of these discussions that somehow devolve into mud slinging…

Earlier…part of the conversation centered around perspective…however…I think it’s more akin to perception…

Perception is clouded with culture…education…experience…and environment…and is a poor substitute for observation untainted by assumption…

And we all know from whence assumptive thought trains spring…

YouSir

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Today in Russia we also have a holiday - Forgiveness Sunday, the last Sunday before Lent. Everyone asks each other for forgiveness with the words:
"Forgive me, for Christ's sake."
They answer: “God will forgive and I forgive.”
I also apologize to everyone I inadvertently offended on the forum. Forgive me, for Christ's sake!

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Today in Russia we also have a holiday - Forgiveness Sunday, the last Sunday before Lent. Everyone asks each other for forgiveness with the words:
"Forgive me, for Christ's sake."
They answer: “God will forgive and I forgive.”
I also apologize to everyone I inadvertently offended on the forum. Forgive me, for Christ's sake!

Amen…we’re only human brother…alas…and we all tend to see the world through the trappings of our personal filters…

Also…our altruism usually only extends to the self imposed limits delineated by our own nature…and how we see our own imagined relevance…especially when it knocks against another ego…equally as recalcitrant and opinionated…

In my experience…I’ve often allowed exasperation to walk away with whatever point I felt salient…because I chose…made the decision to respond out of the context of the point I was attempting to make…

Because I’m human…

All of us…in these conversations…are continually bumping heads…or rather…we bump ego’s…and more often than not make the mistake of believing that our voice…has any more right to expression…than any other…when in fact we all share this world…and the world would not be complete without any of us that are here…along for the ride…

So…none of us actually has any real need to forgive…or be forgiven…we only need to accept our fallible natures and grow beyond them…closer to perfection…and the pursuit of purity…

“It is good to walk in the light…how much better then…to be a light…within the light”

YouSir

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Many authorities approve of 'see something, say something'. It's too bad some people look for things to see and tattle on every minor incident. But there's a lot of that going around. Karen's and Kevin's, a lot of them.

Ostracizing them doesn't seem to work because they consider themselves above local approval. It's a mental illness, they deem themselves commissioned to make sure everyone is following the rules. Every. single. one.

This isn't only a 'Germany' issue, it's a social issue and mental health issue. The police can't really do much because those types of people aren't breaking any laws and every once in a while, the cops need them to solve real crimes.

As to your apology, you have done nothing to offend me personally but it is a good tradition for those that choose to practice it. So, God will forgive and I forgive.

May you be filled with joy.

edit on th31202400000031bSun, 17 Mar 2024 09:30:22 -05002024000000x by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join