It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The German wrote 4,227 denunciations against the residents of his city

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Hello ATS!

According to World Today News and Bild, the 18-year-old German wrote 4,227 denunciations against residents of his city. Niklas Mattei from Gräfenhainichen calls himself a “master of denunciations” on social networks. He patrols the city on a bicycle in a high-visibility suit and takes photographs of the cars of those who break parking rules. And then he sends the photos to the police.
In his hometown, he has already informed on 8% of the residents and brought an additional 140,000 euros to the city budget. His goal is to convict at least one violator throughout Germany. Almost all local residents interviewed by BILD criticized the informer. But he says that “fear is alien to him.”
According to the city mayor, Mattei's thousands of complaints paralyze the work of the police. Several of the residents have already filed complaints against the young man. “Such antics cannot be tolerated. We are considering all legal measures,” the mayor told BILD. “I dream that his special talent will find another area of application.”

For the Russian mentality, such behavior is not only unacceptable, it is shameful. Such a person will become an outcast in society. It's just in the eyes and according to my British colleagues, Russia is a dictatorship and Mordor. In fact, in the Russian language there is such a word “snitch”, that is, a person who informs the authorities on other people, receiving bonuses from the authorities. But, as it turned out, in the West, and in particular in Europe, “informing” is not only encouraged, but is also the norm. It's disgusting.

I could see this myself 10 years ago. Then my friends and I went to Germany to visit our classmate, a Russian who married a German. We drove an excellent Mercedes S 600, on the way we stopped at a supermarket and bought food for the barbecue. The town turned out to be small and cozy, the house was small, but two-story with a small yard.
Upon arrival, we immediately began to prepare meat for the barbecue, but the hostess was shocked, she said that it was impossible to burn the grill and cook meat, we needed permission from the municipality. We were surprised, but decided to follow the rules, went to the town hall and bought a permit, if my memory serves me right, for about 19 euros. We returned and started cooking barbecue.

Suddenly a police car with a siren pulled up to the house. They entered the yard, we showed them the permit, they checked it and got ready to leave. We invited them to the table, but they refused. We continued to celebrate. After 10-15 minutes, the police arrived again and checked the permit again, and then again and again. Moreover, the same policemen came every time, since the town is small and there is only one police crew. To our perplexed questions, the police answered that they receive phone calls from neighbors, and every time they have to check the signals and report.

At the same time, we invited all our neighbors to visit us and join us. But they refused, but began to “snitch” on us to the police. We were shocked by the state of lack of freedom and denunciation in Germany. In Russia this is impossible in principle. And if it happens, then society will blame the informer, and not the one whom he informed on.

Such a life.

Thank you.

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

A leftover from the Stasi era.

Where I live the grass would get a discreet clip round the lug and be completely ostracised.
Don't need any sort of permit here for a barby.

Not dismissing your recollection of your trip to Germany but I've never heard of or seen anything like that on my trips to Germany.

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

What Stasi? The event took place in northwestern Germany near the border with Belgium.

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 06:43 AM
link   

This is not my recollection of my time in Germany either. I suppose I can't compare it to Russia, as I'm not allowed entry to that country. And my time in Germany was 18 years ago. A time period in which I was still denied entry to Russia.
edit on 17-3-2024 by sine.nomine because: Typo

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Gestapo then.

You get my meaning.
Just like NKVD, KGB or GRU.

Possibly FBI and MI5 etc as well.

Point is, most of our governments tend to encourage some sort of spying and grassing on their own citizens.

Still, I can assure you....I certainly don't require a permit or any sort of permission from anyone to fire my barby up.....if it wasn't so bloody wet, dreary and miserable outside I'd be tempted to do so today.

And whilst I'm not saying what you said about your experience in Germany is untrue I personally have never heard of anything like that when I've been to Germany.

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 06:50 AM
link   

The Gestapo, NKVD, KGB and GRU have not existed for a very long time. But the BND, Mi-6, and the CIA are active.

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 06:57 AM
link   

The GRU are still in existence, so are FSB, SVR & FSO.
If you believe they do not conduct surveillance on their own population and encourage people to inform on their neighbours and even friends then you are either incredibly stupid or incredibly naive......I don't think you are either.

You know full well the point I am making and seem to be trying to be as contrary as possible just to provoke and antagonise.....you really should know me far better than that by now.

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll

The Gestapo, NKVD, KGB and GRU have not existed for a very long time. But the BND, Mi-6, and the CIA are active.

The SVR is essentially the KGB. Like the CIA is essentially the OSS. Hell, we've seen KGB poison in the news just in time for this year's Russian election.

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 07:06 AM
link   
The GRU is long gone. You are infinitely behind the times.
Military intelligence is now called the Main Directorate of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation (GU GSH RF Armed Forces).
In the West you still have horror stories in the form of the “KGB”. In simple life, ordinary citizens turn to the FSB only with complaints about violations of civil rights by officials. The rest of my life is just about apprehending terrorists.

I have already written that denunciation is shameful. It is especially shameful when it is widespread, as in Germany.

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

You've probably seen another "Novichok" - a terribly toxic deadly poison that still cannot poison anyone))))

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 07:12 AM
link   

You've probably seen another "Novichok" - a terribly toxic deadly poison that still cannot poison anyone))))

Is that a joke about offing the opposition? I don't see the humor. That's actually quite morbid and disturbing.

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 07:16 AM
link   

I don’t know how it is in the West, but in Russia just the mention of “Novichok” evokes homeric laughter))))

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 07:16 AM
link   

It seems its impossible to have a reasoned, respectful and sensible conversation with you any more.

Oh how I wish the RT of old was still here, you know....the one who used to post thought provoking threads and who used to engage in real exchanges of thoughts and opinions with insight, respect and humour.

Oh well, the world changes as do people.

Enjoy Vodka Sunday my old friend.

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 07:19 AM
link   

I don’t know how it is in the West, but in Russia just the mention of “Novichok” evokes homeric laughter))))

Ok, well it's detectable, and was detected, so it's being used still. If you think it's funny because it's a boogeyman, then you're conditioned in a horrifying way. If it's funny because you think it's a super secret killing tool, then you're deranged.
edit on 17-3-2024 by sine.nomine because: Typo.. forgive me, it's pat's day

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Oh gawd, now it's the Germans who are all evil because of the story of one guy going mental.

Yes us Germans are very anal with our burocracy but we are also proud to have rules that protect others from unnecessary nuisances.

Different culture mate. It sounds crazy that you couldn't bbq in that small place but there may be a reason for it and people were annoyed about your blatant disregard for this.

Even when you got the permit, how are people supposed to know you've got one? It also doesn't stop the smoke and the noise. You say it was a small place. I bet you were also noisy. What time was it, how many were there etc?

Germans don't like noise. I have been at garden parties where the police was called because of our music being too loud.
There were babies trying to sleep and elderly around.

So we turned it down! 😲

Just because in Russia the loudest, rudest, most intimidating one makes the rules, doesn't mean this is acceptable in other cultures.

Maybe try to see things from another perspective and try to be more understanding.

Here in Britain we had Russians catch and eat Swans, which is highly illegal and made people very angry. Very. Yes they called the police!
Is that snitching too?

Be more in tune with other people and stop slagging everyone off who has a different mindset, culture or belief from you and yours.

There is a massive difference between complaining and what you call snitching.

If everyone around you complains about you, maybe take a look at yourself!

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 07:38 AM
link   

The Boogeyman is the rabbit before "Novichok". People are usually misled by such incomparable objects. And such comparisons are used in both directions, fear and denial, depending on the situation.
This is an information war, it is usually waged without rules.

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

Your “ordung” turns ordinary friendly people into a crowd of informers and informers trying to make some profit from denunciations. 4227 denunciations against your neighbors is already too much. How do you live in such an atmosphere? I don't envy you.

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Russians have a proverb: You can't be nice by force.
Alas.

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 07:48 AM
link   

well, he's the laughing stock of the nation, well suited for a few jokes but ultimately nobody cares except the poor authorities, whose ability to act is limited by the countless unnecessary applications. there are people like that everywhere. a somewhat unhealthy mixture of querulant and compulsiveness. the good man is rather something for a psychologist. but as long as he doesn't hurt anyone, let him do his thing.

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Russians also talk #e sometimes.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join