It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who are the Russians?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

The Russians are an Imperial Nation who cannot build ships.
If they had they would have been the same as the British Empire.
Instead the y Marched until they hit a mountain.

Apart from that some great traditions and culture.

Not really into the aggressive nature of their Foreign policy, there again
not really into any Western foreign policy either.

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: RussianTroll
To steal something, you need to find out who the owner is. Do you own a Bible?
I laughed for a long time)))))

You stole a quote from the bible and tried to pass it off as Russian.
You got caught.
And yeah ... I own FOUR different bibles.

Ummm...if you own...FOUR...different bibles...then perhaps you need to actually pick one up
and start reading...

You just might find that your venom...and hatred...might fall away...and be replaced with humility...peace...compassion...restraint...

Being..."Christ like"...is actually an admonition to be...like Christ...to exhibit and personify all of the traits that he so succinctly spoke to...

The entire premise of his message...was a lead by example...exemplification of compassion...

It doesn't hurt to acknowledge...and accept...that the easy path to hate...and self righteousness...is an inferior slippery slope...while..."Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it"...is the realization that being..."Christian"...is the hardest road you'll travel...it's a lifelong commitment to let loose the world...and the easy...and pick up your staff and follow him...

There are two books that I recommend...The Philokalia...compiled by St Nikodimos of the Holy Mountain and St Makarios of Corinth...and..."The Spiritual Guide"...by Michael Molinos...circa 1675...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Being..."Christ like"...is actually an admonition to be...like Christ...to exhibit and personify all of the traits that he so succinctly spoke to...

so Ukraine or any other country invaded by russia should fashion themselves a whip then. Jesus did it twice.

Jesus showed anger, and he spoke out against sinfulness he saw by calling out those that were sinning. i'd say Jesus would frown on and be angry at russians trying to steal the word of God and passing it off as their own and is most definitely a sin and deserves being called on it. i see nothing wrong with what or the Flyer, myself and others have said something about it, oh holier than thou.

i can think of at least 4 times Jesus should anger and called out people on sin. and several that could be close.
edit on 11-3-2024 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato

so Ukraine or any other country invaded by russia should fashion themselves a whip then. Jesus did it twice.

Jesus showed anger, and he spoke out against sinfulness he saw by calling out those that were sinning. i'd say Jesus would frown on and be angry at russians trying to steal the word of God and passing it off as their own and is most diffidently a sin and deserves being called on it. i see nothing wrong with what or the Flyer, myself and others have said something about it, oh holier than thou.

i can think of at least 4 times Jesus should anger and called out people on it. and several that could be close.

Ummm...actually...the only salient part of my post was the quote from the book of Mathew...

"Few there be...that find it"...

Also...

Of course you would see nothing wrong with your behavior...or the behavior of other like minded individuals...whose only purpose in these threads...is to denigrate...cast aspersion...and fist bump one another as you and your clique...stalk the OP...from thread to thread...

You might think your being the arbiter of justice...however...all you serve is judgement...and childish behavioral traits...usually found in the kindergarten...

No judgment intended...merely observation...

You can go ahead on back and be that...level of maturity...you obviously desire to exemplify...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 08:17 PM
link   

I actually think Russians are just like a lot of us in the US honestly. Obviously there's some cultural differences, but when you look at the average American and average Russian we're pretty much the same. Like for example, content creators on YouTube. Russian content creators are pretty much just like their American counterparts.

We both have our stereotypes, I think Americans have earned some of the worst ones though. Like plastic Hollywood reality star, selfish, shallow, narcissistic, spoiled, pop culture. I really hate that nastier side of the US is so publicized and popular. None of those idiots or actors in tv shows even come close to represent a regular person in the US.

edit on 11-3-2024 by Jazzule380 because: Fixed some grammar.

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

Ummm...also...step on down from your high horse...you act like this minor conflict in Ukraine...is somehow on the same level as...why...Iraq...Afghanistan...

ISRAEL...has murdered more civilians in the past three months...than The SMO has in three years...

Iraq saw upwards of 1 million civilians murdered as a result of the illegal invasion by..."The coalition of the willing"...

Afghanistan saw 70,000 civilians killed...by that same coalition...

The US and its vassal states are still illegally occupying Syria...all these years later...

You do realize that both Iraq...and Syria...were invaded...and occupied...illegally...right...?

Right..?

So all of your justifications for behaving like school girls...is decidedly irrelevant...and all of your justifications...are rendered moot...

Where is your daily harangue...against your own governments...against your own ongoing illegal occupations...against the murder of those hundreds and hundreds of thousands...?

Why don't you clean up your own cage...before you point contentions finger...and claim to know what Christ would do...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I have nothing against the Russian people. It is a sovereign country, deserving respect as one. The west has been trying to destroy Russia for a long time, it would be profitable to take over the country and force the people to work for them.

This war in Ukraine could have been avoided if NATO and Ukraine would have just kept the weapons farther away from Russia. I actually do not believe Putin is bad, he just feels he has to protect his country from being taken over from the west. He has been more diplomatic than other Russian leaders, but the more he gave in the more the west wanted. I know, that is the way it is in this world, some people want to rule the world and in this case, Russia was a threat to their success, just like China is.

I am an American and back our country, but that does not mean I am blind to what is going on in the world. I also know you cannot fight city all....something my father told me. But that does not mean I have to blindly agree that Russia is all at fault in what is happening in Ukraine. It takes two to tangle. I do feel sorry for the people in Ukraine, but not their leaders who seem to be power hungry.

I also know that Israel has to stop the terrorists to protect their country...it is a shame that so many innocent people in Gaza had to die. But those groups started the conflict, not Israel. And there are a lot of people in Palestine, the majority for sure, that back those terrorist groups there and hate Israel. They also seem to hate Americans too, even more than other countries in the middle east do.

Seems like the world is falling apart, diplomacy is not happening properly, and respect for other countries sovereignty is really low by the west. Seems like War is going to be the new normal in this world. I expect terrorists to be attacking in the US in the next couple of years pretty much...they are already here, gaining weapons and strength and waiting for the right time. So much for peace on earth and good will to men. Oh wait..that needs to be changed, Good will to Men, Women, and LGBTQIA+++++++

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: RussianTroll
You invented Ukrainians, instilled in them hatred of Russians, and now you are attacking Russians. Ukrainians are your project led by your people. But for me they are family, I have many relatives there.

If Ukraine wanted to be Russian, it would have voted itself Russian on it's own. But no, instead Russia invaded, destroyed towns, mass murdered civilians.

Ukraine is a separate country from Russia.
It is a sovereign nation of it's own.
The Russia/Ukraine war is not an internal civil war.

You having relatives in Ukraine is IRRELEVANT. I have relatives in Canada, that doesn't mean that America can go invade Canada and force it to be part of America.

Actually they can't vote for a new president . The comedian pan handler cancelled all their elections .

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Ummm...that's because the heart of man is weak...and the easiest path by far...is the path of violence...anger...hatred...

We certainly can't fault the way that we're designed...that we are born into scales of dichotomy...that we are schooled to live within the heart of duality...

Up...down...left...right...good...bad...it's even woven into the American political establishment...
The worst part of Americana...is that we swallow it all and digest it all...and excrete conformity...

We are the slaves of incrementalism...we watch all of those small steps occur...and do nothing...nothing...
Then...when the country faces 180 degrees from it's founding purpose...all we can do is hang our heads and respond...No sir...the Republic...we have not kept it...we have become it's antithesis...

The west is on it's descendant...and Russia is on it's ascendant...

I only hope that they do become what we never really had the chance of becoming...

As Russian Troll stated...we are witnessing the collapse of colonial western empire...and it will not die silent...it will try to bring down the rest of the world with it...

I plan to be far away from these shores...when the death throws begin...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 08:52 PM
link   

blah blah blah, just another holier than thou post by one who thinks they are a superior wordsmith and resort to insults like your buddy the troll who the two of you always seem to be complementing or defending each other in his threads.

fact is you insinuated that Flyer should be Christ like and learn how by reading one of his four bibles, I pointed out Jesus showed his nature in more than one way and being angry and pointing out sin was on of them. plagiarizing and lying about it being a russian proverb certainly is a sin. which several of us pointed out.

Did Jesus not point out peoples sin?

then you basically turn around and say our behavior is sinful, judgemental and then do the same yourself.

fact is Jesus said,

Luke 6:41-42 New American Standard
41 Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother’s eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? 42 Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Brother, let me take out the speck that is in your eye,’ when you yourself do not see the log that is in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take out the speck that is in your brother’s eye.

it's not a russian proverb and maybe you should heed that yourself before you go telling others how to think.

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

Ummm...You conflate your own importance if you believe I've told anyone how...or what to think...

Also...plagiarizing...the bible...?

Really...?

Please show me how you would possibly know whether it was or wasn't a Russian saying...which undoubtedly stemmed from the bible...and was adopted as a colloquial saying...much like any proverb...

And then you state he lied about it...

How would you possibly know...?

But that's all the whole lot of you had...was nitpicking...

Did you crush the nits between your teeth...?

Fact is...Flyer...made a point to state they had...FOUR...bibles...and went on to call the OP a liar as well...

I've read everything Flyer has had to say in Russian Trolls threads...and frankly...none of it was Christ like...
So...the claim is specious...not in the number of bibles they own...but in holding them up like a shield...as if stating the claim made them superior...

I merely pointed out what the reality of those four books asked of the Christian...I then also provided additional reading material on humility...compassion...faith...and love...

Apparently...your issue...is with your own walk...is with your own conviction scratching there on the inside...is with your willingness to justify your own less than optimal behavior...

Why would that be...one might ask...?

Also...I never insulted you...nothing I say or do can make you feel or experience any emotional or mental state...those are dependent on the one who experiences...You are the arbiter of your own emotions...you make choices in how to feel...how to respond...it's your own brain and it's chemical stew that governs the entirety of the human...you...

Nothing I or anyone else has to state or write about has any bearing on how you decide to respond or react...or interpret...or feel...

That's on you...Cat...only you...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Americans tend to forget we had our own war of secession and the Ukraine/Russian conflict began with Ukraine targeting ethic Russians and Russian-speaking people no doubt egged on by NATO. Ukraine was part of Russia for 300 years before 1991 as was Crimea for nearly as long. Most of the fighting against Poland, Sweden, Napoleon, Turkey and Germany in 2 World wars happened in the Ukraine. It has been consecrated with the blood of tens of millions. How Russians feel about Ukraine is no different than Americans feel about other states. Nobody wants this war but things could not continue as they were. At what point will the US start bombing Mexican cartels? If we never do it's because they've bought out our politicians. Russia isn't as far fallen as we are.
edit on 12-3-2024 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

A more accurate analogy;
Ireland was under English/British rule for over 700 years prior to independence in 1922.
Does that mean its ok for the UK to invade The Republic of Ireland and force British rule upon its citizens despite them wanting to remain independent?

Of course not.

So why is it different for Ukraine?

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Greetings, my friend Yusir!
You know, this thread brought up a very interesting topic about the "four Bibles". That is, it is argued that we all use different texts of the Bible. In fact, this is true. To understand this you need to take a “small” historical excursion. (I see smiles and an analogy with Putin’s famous interview).

Firstly, the discrepancies concern only the Old Testament, since the books of the New Testament and the Apostles were written in Greek, from which translations were made.

The Old Testament is not so simple. The most ancient text of the Old Testament that has survived to this day is the Septuagint. In the 3rd century AD e. After the collapse of the empire of Alexander the Great, Egypt and Palestine were ruled by King Ptolemy. Since his empire had many Jewish subjects, he called 6 wise men from each tribe of Israel (70 wise men in total), isolated them from each other and ordered the Torah (Old Testament) to be translated into Greek. The work was very difficult, since the Greek language is flat (a letter means a sound), and the ancient Hebrew is figurative (a letter means a word). After completing the work, Ptolemy compared all 70 translations and they turned out to be almost identical. Thus the Septuagint was born.

The translation of the Septuagint from Greek into Church Slavonic is called the Elizabethan Bible. The result was a reverse translation, since Church Slavonic, like ancient Hebrew, is a figurative language, when a letter means a word, and sometimes an entire phrase. You will be surprised, but in Russian Temples the services are not in Russian, but in Church Slavonic. Daily home prayers and psalms are also read in this language. I also pray on it every day.

The Catholic Church until Vatican II in the 1960s used Vuganta, a translation from the Septuagint into Latin, in church services. But, as I wrote above, after the 2nd Vatican Council, Catholics began to use the Masoretic text.

Now according to the Masoretic text. The process of transformation of the so-called Hellenistic Judaism into rabbinic Judaism began with the fact that, based on the fact that all the ancient Torah scrolls allegedly became dilapidated and fell into disrepair, they were all burned by the rabbis and began to be rewritten with new ones. These scribes were called Masoreans, hence the title of the text.

The work began in the 1st century AD and ended in the 10th century AD. e. By the way, the first edition of the Masoretic text (new Torah) was in the Jewish community of Crimea in the 10th century.

After the collapse of the Roman Catholic Church into Catholics and Protestants, King James of England ordered the publication of a new Bible based on the Masoretic text translated into English. This is how the King James Bible came into being, which is now used in the Anglo-Saxon world.

But all these Bibles are very different from each other. The Masoreans tried, by removing many chapters and even psalms, as well as changing the dating of events, to destroy any mention of Jesus Christ. For example, in Genesis 5, the Masoretic text says that Adam begat his son Seth when he was 130 years old. The Septuagint says that Adam was then eight hundred (700) years old. There have been such inconsistencies for almost 2000 years. Also missing from the Masoretic Text are entire chapters from many books, as well as a much smaller number of the Psalms of David.

It’s good that the entire books were not confiscated. For example, the book of Isaiah is a complete prophecy about Jesus Christ, but the rabbis really don’t like it.

So, the introduction of the Masoretic text into Russia began with the appearance of the Russian Bible Society there, which was entirely under the leadership of England. At the beginning of the 19th century, the Society began work on introducing the King James Bible into Orthodox liturgical books. A draft printed Bible with a Russian translation from the King James Bible was published for the general public. This project was presented to Emperor Alexander 1. After much thought and consultation, Alexander rejected this project, ordered all published copies to be burned, and banned the Russian Bible Society.

After 2 weeks, the emperor died and the famous Decembrist uprising of 1825 took place, who were members of various Masonic lodges.

But this idea did not die, and already in the second half of the 19th century, under Emperor Alexander II, the Russian Bible Society was revived and, with the lobbying of the Synod, consisting mainly of foreigners and people of other faiths, a decision was made to mass print the Bible in Russian, translated from the King’s Bible Jacob (the so-called Synodal translation). But there was a condition. In those places where this text did not coincide with the Elizabethan Bible, parallel passages with a translation from the Septuagint were given at the bottom of the pages. But as always, over time, parallel passages disappeared from the text and now ordinary stores sell Bibles without references to parallel passages.

Now in Russia there is a massive lobby for the idea of ​​translating services in Temples into Russian, and, naturally, based on the King James Bible. But this idea meets with massive resistance among believers and society as a whole, and will go down in history as another unsuccessful attempt.

There were other ancient Bibles published in Orthodoxy, the texts of which did not always coincide with the Elizabethan Bible, for example, the Ostrog Bible. But official services are still held according to the Elizabethan Bible.

In this regard, the story of the Qumran scrolls is interesting. According to the texts, they do not fit into the Masoretic Text in any way, so a lot of work is being done to hide them and spread rumors about their fakeness.

So when my English colleague Oldcarpy2 wrote about the "four Bibles", he was not so wrong.

Thank you, I hope I didn’t bore you with a long comment)))

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

Ummm...if you own...FOUR...different bibles...then perhaps you need to actually pick one up and start reading... You just might find that your venom...and hatred...might fall away...and be replaced with humility...peace...compassion...restraint...

I read them just fine. And there was NOTHING hateful in what I said. That's ABSURD.

Again ....

Ukraine is a sovereign nation.
The Ukraine/Russia war is not a civil war.

Nothing 'hateful' in that at all.

I've read everything Flyer has had to say in Russian Trolls threads...and frankly...none of it was Christ like...

I don't hang out in Russian Troll threads. I respond at times and others I dont. My posts have been JUST FINE. To claim otherwise is retarded.

So...the claim is specious...not in the number of bibles they own...but in holding them up like a shield...as if stating the claim made them superior...

Wrong. I was asked if I owned a bible so I answered. I have FOUR. That's not 'making a claim that I'm superior'.
You obviously have a problem with reading comprehension.

Please show me how you would possibly know whether it was or wasn't a Russian saying...which undoubtedly stemmed from the bible...

He said it's a Russian saying. It's not. It's a quote from the bible. To claim authorship is plagiarism. Plain and simple.

...you act like this minor conflict in Ukraine...

A sovereign nation has been invaded, tens of thousands of it's citizens murdered, whole cities are in ruins, and the land is being taken away ... it's not a 'minor conflict' to them. And there is nothing wrong with saying that Russia is wrong to do this.

Of course you would see nothing wrong with your behavior...or the behavior of other like minded individuals...whose only purpose in these threads...is to denigrate...cast aspersion...and fist bump one another as you and your clique...stalk the OP...from thread to thread..

another absurd statement. No one is in a clique and no one is stalking the OP. And responding to the OPs outlandish claims with facts that show he's wrong isn't 'denigrating or casting aspersion'.

I see what the problem is ... you are holier than thou and delusional.
You might want to get some help for that.

edit on 3/12/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Swan Lake.

Leave immediately if you can.

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Did millions of Britons die defending Ireland from invasion?
That is the difference.
Something only nations who have sacrificed those kinds of numbers can understand.

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

It's a bit complicated as Ukraine was really taken by force. Ukrainians also served and died in the Red Army with the exception of those collaborating with Germany. Then Stalin starved millions of Ukrainians. So this sacrifice is disputable.

Anyway, the Soviet Union dissolved in a peaceful manner following the economic stagnation. Practically, Russia let go of its republics without bloodshed. There was no civil war. Gorbachev started democratic reforms, which were continued by Yeltsin.

When Putin gained power, he destroyed everything; free press, the freedom of rallies, expression, free and honest elections, killing dissidents and taking the whole nation under his boot. Finally, he started the bloodshed in Ukraine.

The USSR dissolved without a drop of blood, now it's being rebuilt on the heap of bodies. All countries are corrupted in one way or another. But what is happening in Russia, this is tragic. It's a tragedy for the whole Eastern Europe.
edit on 12-3-2024 by twistedpuppy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 06:35 AM
link   

I'm still waiting on a reply RT or are you going to run away like a dog with your tail between your legs?

You said this...

So. In 1939, the famous Marquis Astolphe de Custine was hiding in Russia from the French Revolution

The French revolution was....

The French Revolution was a watershed event in world history that began in 1789 and ended in the late 1790s

You also said this in the same paragraph...

where everyone spoke French. And so, at one court ball, he approached the Emperor and got into conversation with him.
Nicholas 1 asked the marquis:.....

Nicholas 1st

Nicholas I (born July 6 [June 25, Old Style], 1796, Tsarskoye Selo [now Pushkin], near St. Petersburg, Russia—died February 18 [March 2, New Style], 1855, St. Petersburg) Russian emperor (1825–55)

Nicholas the 1st was born as the french Revolution was ending?
A total fabrication posted as a thread as usual.
edit on 12-3-2024 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Can you explain why Ukrainians allied themselves with nazi Germany during WW2 rather than Russia if they are not a separate country and are Russian according to your words?

Why would their fellow "russian brothers" commit a veritable genocide on their "Ukrainian brothers" during The Holodomor?

I understand the denazification issue of Ukraine, considering the people who they hold up as heroes and the fact there are literal nazi battalions in the Ukrainian Armed Forces. But isn't their very presence/existence symptomatic of the abhorrent way Russia has treated Ukranians? That they would in fact rather join the disgusting Nazis than their fellow "russian brothers.?"

From my own neautral position, I see white Christian fighting white Christian. I see pictures of destroyed churches whilst soldiers are carrying the banner of Christ to kill fellow Christians! THAT, is the REAL brotherhood here. The Christian one. I see Satan's hand at play putting Christian against Christian for the crime of bowing to Christ instead of him. Christians falling into a satanic trap in the meat grinder of war.

Why are you in both sides allowing themselves to be the tools of satan in their own demise?
edit on 12-3-2024 by EvanH because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join