It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who are the Russians?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

a reply to: CriticalStinker

Simply because Russia is strong now. And the West is dying.

Russia has an economy the size of Texas. Much of the world isn’t in agreement with them.

But I suppose time will tell. I won’t act as if I know how everything will play out. The last decade or so has had plenty of surprises.

Though, I would be surprised if Russia could just mandate what happens in parts of the world who don’t align ideologically with them.

Great, keep thinking like that. The collapse, as usually happens, will happen very quickly. And underestimating the enemy always leads to defeat)))))

So, you are "the enemy '?

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 11:36 AM
link   

The reality is that once again the Empire is collapsing, and the Global South, together with Russia, is building a new world order.

The reality is that Ukraine does NOT want to be part of Russia and that it's fighting the Russian invasion. If it wanted to be part of Russia, it would have said so. But it didn't.

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Simply because Russia is strong now. And the West is dying.

Russia has an economy the size of Texas. Much of the world isn’t in agreement with them.

But I suppose time will tell. I won’t act as if I know how everything will play out. The last decade or so has had plenty of surprises.

Though, I would be surprised if Russia could just mandate what happens in parts of the world who don’t align ideologically with them.

Great, keep thinking like that. The collapse, as usually happens, will happen very quickly. And underestimating the enemy always leads to defeat)))))

So, you are "the enemy '?

The biggest enemy of the Russians are other Russians.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 11:38 AM
link   

To steal something, you need to find out who the owner is. Do you own a Bible?
I laughed for a long time)))))

You stole a quote from the bible and tried to pass it off as Russian.
You got caught.
And yeah ... I own FOUR different bibles.

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Oh, you obviously forgot those totally free and fair "referendums"?!?!

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

I suppose you think the Bible was better in the original Russian?

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

It should be 1839. Apparently Custine was in awe of Russia. From Wiki:

Custine visited Russia in 1839, spending most of his time in St. Petersburg, but also visiting Moscow and Yaroslavl. A political reactionary in his own country, fearful that democracy would inevitably lead to mob rule, he went to Russia looking for arguments against representative government, but he was appalled by autocracy as practiced in Russia and equally by the Russian people's apparent collaboration in their own oppression...

Most of Custine's mockery was reserved for the Russian nobility and Nicholas I. Custine said that Russia's aristocracy had "just enough of the gloss of European civilization to be 'spoiled as savages' but not enough to become cultivated men. They were like 'trained bears who made you long for the wild ones.'" Custine criticized Tsar Nicholas for the constant spying he ordered and for repressing Poland...

His book La Russie en 1839 was of course banned in Russia.
edit on 11-3-2024 by twistedpuppy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 12:15 PM
link   

" And underestimating the enemy always leads to defeat)))))"

Like Putin has?

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 12:27 PM
link   

a reply to: FlyersFan

It has become a Russian proverb. It's a shame you don't have it and don't use the Bible as a guide in your practical life.

Perhaps you might follow it too, such as:

"Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's."

Also something about not killing folk, I believe?

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Soon the Russian State Duma will denounce the 1990 German Unification Treaty “2+4”, the Federal Republic of Germany will lose all its legitimacy, the GDR will be revived again, and then I will listen to your statements about the Russians in relation to the Germans.

I don’t think that’s a good analogy. Does Either side of Germany want that?

Also, Ukraine asked to leave the USSR. Doesn’t look like they want to join back into Russia considering they’re fighting.

You are not telling the truth. A referendum was held in Ukraine, and the overwhelming majority of citizens spoke in favor of preserving Ukraine as part of the USSR.

I only know of one Ukranian family that lives in UK their remaining family still live in Ukraine and they say they wish to be Ukraine not Russian but that is just anecdotal

Not having vast knowledge though I looked into you above statement, do you have anything to uphold your claim as all I can find is in direct opposite from what you suggest

Ukrainian Independence Referendum

Ukraine held a referendum on the Act of Declaration of Independence on 1 December 1991. An overwhelming majority of 92.3% of voters approved the declaration

1991 Ukrainian independence referendum

A referendum on the Act of Declaration of Independence was held in Ukraine on 1 December 1991.[1] An overwhelming majority of 93% of voters approved the declaration of independence made by the Verkhovna Rada on 24 August 1991

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown2

And that latest totally legit one?

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Putin Sacks Russian Navy Chief Amid Crippling Losses

Vladimir Putin has reportedly replaced the head of his Navy in a move that follows a string of high-profile Ukrainian strikes on the Black Sea Fleet.

The Kremlin-backed newspaper Izvestia said that Admiral Nikolai Yevmenov, who had been commander of the Russian Navy since May 3, 2019, had been "dismissed and will be replaced" by Admiral Aleksandr Moiseyev.

Source

It seems that Putin got tired of growing the submarine fleet. It seems to me to be more of a support issue, not necessarily the Fleet Commanders problem, but he's got to blame someone.

Get some Air Force in there to support the Navy. Oh Wait! The Russian fighters are being shot down! Oh well...
edit on 3/11/2024 by Bishop2199 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 12:46 PM
link   

It has become a Russian proverb.

something else rooshkins stole. sounds about right

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Bishop2199

It seems that Putin got tired of growing the submarine fleet.

shouldn't you have said, It seems that Putin got tired of growing the stationary submarine fleet?

edit on 11-3-2024 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Bishop2199

Didn't someone on here claim that Russia was producing military stuff at the rate of 10:1 compared to the entire West?

So they should be just fine.

Obviously....

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

He's very conservation minded. Creating all those artificial reefs?

Good for him, I say.

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTrollIn 2015, a volunteer defender in Donbass told me another story. His comrade in arms, sitting with him in the same trench, was a Kazakh. Asked him:

- Here you are, a Kazakh. What are you doing in a trench next to the Russians?
- I defend my homeland
- But your homeland is Kazakhstan.
- Here, in Donbass, I am Russian. But when the West attacks Kazakhstan, the Russians sitting next to me in the trench will be Kazakhs.

Can it be though that if someone were clearly descended from a Corsican invader, they might be viewed as an outsider?

a reply to: Hakaiju

Europeans and Americans are not Ukrainians. Ukrainians are ethnic Russians. So you can’t understand either Russians or Ukrainians.

Exactly. Maybe he would want to punish them all.

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTrollThere are more than 200 different nationalities in Russia. They are all united by the Russian idea, the Russian Empire, and Russian civilization. This idea is the equality of all peoples, respect for the customs and religions of all peoples, taking into account the national interests of all peoples. EVERYONE! In Russia, in the words of Josep Borel, there is no “Garden of Eden in which the West lives, and no barbaric jungle surrounding this garden.”

All this makes the Russian idea and civilization attractive to many peoples of the world. And as we know, an idea cannot be killed.

Thank you.
Does Russia punish dissenters with blitzkrieg?
edit on 11-3-2024 by Solvedit because: clarity

edit on 11-3-2024 by Solvedit because: clarity

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 04:46 PM
link   

I'm sorry, but as a Russian I could never support the current Satanic powers who rule from Moscow. My friend you need to seek God and only then can you be free.

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 05:16 PM
link   

No-one has a problem with your multi-national Russia, if that's what people want then so be it.

The problem is when you try to force others into your great ethno-friendly state that don't want to be a part of it.
The simple fact is that the vast majority of Ukrainians voted for independence and despite the constant agitation, meddling and ultimately invasion by Russia they still don't want to be a part of your Greater Russia.

Go do your own thing, honestly RT, no-cares and no-one wants to destroy your culture or anything remotely like that......just stop it with your delusional dreams of a Greater Russia.
Build your wonderful, idyllic, utopia.....I genuinely hope you do.
Just stop trying to bully and coerce other countries that don't share that vision to join you.

As for taking back East Germany; I know your just trying to provoke a reaction by posting such stupidity.
To be fair, it did give me a bit of a giggle.

I wish I hadn't been so late to this party.....I could have had a bit of fun playing your games with you.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join