It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘I Worked With Putin: Here’s What You Don’t Know About Him’

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: arcticshuffle

originally posted by: gortex
Andrei Illarionov was senior policy advisor to Vladimir Putin from April 2000 to December 2005 , in this 13 minute interview he gives insight into the man and his workings , Mr Illarionov was added to Russia's registry of foreign agents last August.

In the interview Mr Illarionov says Mr Putin was working on his plan for Ukraine as far back as 2003 and warns that if the West force Ukraine into a peace deal Putin will use the time to rearm and attack again , being an economist he explains how much military aid the US is actually sending to Ukraine as opposed to the claims being made , he says if the West don't increase their support to Ukraine and Putin wins he will use the victory and the extra resources he gains in Ukraine to continue on into the Baltic states then move on to Europe.

He gives an interesting insider view into the workings of the man and his conflict so for those interested in the details it's 13 minutes well spent.

Funny how many like you are quick to denounce involvement in Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria, etc. I guess it all depends upon which type of politician is benefiting from the involvement.

Also, aren’t the EU, UN, WHO, WEF, etc all-knowing and simply the best at everything?
How about we let them solve this while they take over the world and dictate everything else to us ?

Ummm...its perfectly A-OK with all these brits...when it's their side doing the occupying...and the killing...

Just ask those hundreds of thousands plus civilians in Iraq...oh...wait...you can't ask them...they were..."casualties of war"

An Illegal occupation...then there's the 70,000 Afghani citizens...and Syria...where the US is still occupying illegally the northern part of that country...and stealing the oil on top of that...

But that's perfectly alright with them...

Cause...home team...

YouSir

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Maybenexttime

Who's 46, im 48 if its me your alluding to.

So just one more thing you appear to have wrong.

I'm also not Ukrainian or Russian so what would I bother to go fight?

Ummm...no...I wouldn't agree...it's really cool when it's your side doing the illegal occupying...Innit...

That way you get to salve your conscience with excuse...and weak justification...

You could have just admitted that the US and it's cronies...have been the catalyst for every conflict since the second world war...

Instead...we get to read the excuses...

How educational...

youSir

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Imhere

NATO does the same. It’s the circle of life.

I agree you have the aggressor and the defender. If Russia wasn't aggressive there would be no need for NATO, think about that for a minute.

Ummm...sooooo...up until the start of the west's proxy war in Ukraine...in Feb 2022...how do you justify the expansion of NATO...when there was no Russian aggression

Where was the Russian aggression from 1991 until 2022...

Please point to it on a map so that we can all see what you see...

YouSir

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 11:43 AM
link   

a reply to: watchitburn

It's a Europe problem. Not mine. Let the EU fund that BS.

Short sighted view that's reminiscent of the attitude to Germany's invasion at the start of WW2 , learn from history or be doomed to repeat it.

Still pushing Hitler WWII Putin 2022 comparisons.

Germany had a real chance and wherewithal to run roughshod over Europe, where if Putin hits one NATO nation he will face immediate retaliatory action from AMERICA and every other NATO nation.

In WWII Paris fell in 6 weeks, are you suggesting Putin has plans to invade in quick succession Belgium, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, and France in 2024 or 2025? Even if it's a most treasured dream, it's already unobtainable.

In every measurable and worthwhile category, this is a unique 2024 problem was hopeful we had grown past that tired and worn-out comparison. The only worthy numerical category is actual battlefield losses ironically Russia supposedly just passed 75,000 deaths, this is close to Germany's troop deaths the first 2 years of WWII.

Now what is the difference in square miles of conquered and held territory by Nazi Germany compared to Putin's Russia in 2 years of war?

There is no comparison here, never has been and never will be. Putin can not project occupying forces to hold all of Ukraine much less all of Europe and the UK. Hell Im almost convinced the UK Germany France and Poland could counter Russia alone right now, even without American support.

At most, the only WWII analogy thats applicable is Putin could send missile strikes, but even those could be countered with missile defense systems

Why the repeated oversell that the monarchy and 10 Downing are in danger from Russia?

edit on p000000292am026 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: WeMustCare

And why do you imagine that is?

Could it be something to do with Russia's antics in Ukraine?

It would be stupid not to fear the ramifications of such an act of invasion

Where that mobs is concerned fear is prudent by my guess.

Antics like staging a coup to overthrow the government while funding 37 bio-weapons labs?

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

Andrei Illarionov was senior policy advisor to Vladimir Putin from April 2000 to December 2005 , in this 13 minute interview he gives insight into the man and his workings , Mr Illarionov was added to Russia's registry of foreign agents last August.

In the interview Mr Illarionov says Mr Putin was working on his plan for Ukraine as far back as 2003 and warns that if the West force Ukraine into a peace deal Putin will use the time to rearm and attack again , being an economist he explains how much military aid the US is actually sending to Ukraine as opposed to the claims being made , he says if the West don't increase their support to Ukraine and Putin wins he will use the victory and the extra resources he gains in Ukraine to continue on into the Baltic states then move on to Europe.

He gives an interesting insider view into the workings of the man and his conflict so for those interested in the details it's 13 minutes well spent.

Funny how many like you are quick to denounce involvement in Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria, etc. I guess it all depends upon which type of politician is benefiting from the involvement.

Also, aren’t the EU, UN, WHO, WEF, etc all-knowing and simply the best at everything?
How about we let them solve this while they take over the world and dictate everything else to us ?

Ummm...its perfectly A-OK with all these brits...when it's their side doing the occupying...and the killing...

Just ask those hundreds of thousands plus civilians in Iraq...oh...wait...you can't ask them...they were..."casualties of war"

An Illegal occupation...then there's the 70,000 Afghani citizens...and Syria...where the US is still occupying illegally the northern part of that country...and stealing the oil on top of that...

Cause...home team...

YouSir

That oil is just being looked after thank you.
Jeez not everyone is after oil....that's so yesterday man.

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundya4k

Cause...home team...

YouSir

That oil is just being looked after thank you.
Jeez not everyone is after oil....that's so yesterday man.

Ummm...what are you...the lefts vain attempt at comic relief...?

C'mon man...you can't really be that...ah...serious...

Right...?

Right...?

YouSir

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: pennylane123
I am actually shocked that anyone still believes anything coming from the MSM.

They are liars

Ummm...yet...here we are...almost three years into this conflict...and the very same true believers who on this very site...proclaimed their undying faith...in...

"The Ghost of Kiev"...

"The Snake Island thirteen"...

"The overly priced and under performing western hardware"...

"The tactical hubris of NATO and the west"...

"The overly hyped and sold 2023 Ukrainian offensive"...

And on...and on...and on...it goes...even after More than 260,000 Ukrainians lost their lives in 2023 alone...

What a monumental waste...

Yet...the cheerleaders...cheer on...swallowing the entirety of the MSM and three letter swill...

It'd be funny...if it wasn't so pathetic...

youSir

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Better for a soldier to die in battle then abandoned by his country in the ME.

FJB and Killary as well because at this point “what difference does it make”

a reply to: Kenzo

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeMustCare

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: gortex

I don't care.

Actions of the West are mostly based in Fear. That needs to change.

Ummm...wrong...the actions of the west are based in greed...corruption...and power...

It's all about the greenbacks and the euro's...and trying to drive their precious..."Rules based order"...down the throats of every other nation on the planet...

YouSir

Putin is one of the richest men on the planet with inly government jobs his whole life.

We certainly have a greed problem in the west, but it’s not unique.

I’d still prefer to live with western freedoms over the systems of the east.

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Ummm...sooooo...up until the start of the west's proxy war in Ukraine...in Feb 2022...how do you justify the expansion of NATO...when there was no Russian aggression

What do you call those 20+ or so wars and large military aggressive acts since 1991? What proxy war are you talking about?
Add in the Threats that they "will" attack other countries around them...

NATO is not a country to take and keep anything...

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: WeMustCare

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: gortex

I don't care.

Actions of the West are mostly based in Fear. That needs to change.

Ummm...wrong...the actions of the west are based in greed...corruption...and power...

It's all about the greenbacks and the euro's...and trying to drive their precious..."Rules based order"...down the throats of every other nation on the planet...

YouSir

Putin is one of the richest men on the planet with inly government jobs his whole life.

We certainly have a greed problem in the west, but it’s not unique.

I’d still prefer to live with western freedoms over the systems of the east.

Ummm...what freedoms might they be...?

Comparatively speaking...

What freedoms do you enjoy that you can document that the East doesn't also enjoy...

The freedom to call yourself any of a thousand genders...or the freedom to state in public and in the workplace that you think they're bat # crazy for demanding you tow their line...or else...

OOps...not so free there...

Perhaps that was the freedom you were referencing...?

YouSir

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

What do you call those 20+ or so wars and large military aggressive acts since 1991? What proxy war are you talking about?
Add in the Threats that they "will" attack other countries around them...

NATO is not a country to take and keep anything...

Ummm...what...?

I thought we were talking about Russian aggression...and not the west's...?

Everybody on the planet...except for you apparently...can see that the Ukrainian conflict is a US lead NATO and western proxy war against Russia...

Stop being a tool...

NATO...is a paper tiger...they've now overextended themselves with the addition of Finland and the probable admission of Sweden...

They have neither the facilities...nor the money to produce weapons or ammunition in any significant quantities...

Nearly all of the European NATO states are on record that their capacity would last two days...max...

Europe is also currently suffering de-industrialization...especially their powerhouse Germany...

The days of cheap Russian energy are over...their production facilities are moving off continent...

How on earth you reach your conclusions based on the above readily available data...is frankly astonishing...

But...go team...right...?

YouSir

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Let’s not play coy.

The freedom of speech in Russia and China are not nearly what they are in the west.

And you could argue there are still societal ramifications for what said, but that exists in any society.

I can also trade on a vast array of assets that many in the east cannot do.

I can make a sign saying anything (besides a credible threat) and walk around the nation’s capitol without fear of arrest. People in Russia got arrested for blank signs.

You act as if the west is so much worse than Russia, yet they’ve had the same leader for decades while any real opposition is imprisoned, poisoned or killed. All while he arguably becomes the richest person on the planet.

It blow my mind people rightfully call out American politicians for insider trading or charging outrageous speaking fees to profit on their position only to ignore it when it comes to Putin and Russia.

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Production of shells ≠ production of advanced arms.

How many aircraft carriers does Russia have? How many next gen jets? How many next gen tanks?

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Cause...home team...

YouSir

Lol, I love the fact that England still “owns” big chunks of Ireland, Falklands, Wales, Scotland, and 50 more. What a wonderful legacy in India and elsewhere.

And I agree that our own CIA conquests are no better.

Too bad the USA is stuck with the blame for what those guys do. They’re their own country and army at this point. They don’t have to do anything the US gov says.

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: arcticshuffle

Lol, I love the fact that England still “owns” big chunks of Ireland, Falklands, Wales, Scotland, and 50 more. What a wonderful legacy in India and elsewhere.

Northern Ireland , Scotland and Wales have their own governments and are not "owned" by England , the Falklands are British by choice as they voted to remain British not English.

Not sure what any of this has to do with the subject of the thread , other than changing it I guess.

edit on 25-2-2024 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Let’s not play coy.

The freedom of speech in Russia and China are not nearly what they are in the west.

And you could argue there are still societal ramifications for what said, but that exists in any society.

I can also trade on a vast array of assets that many in the east cannot do.

I can make a sign saying anything (besides a credible threat) and walk around the nation’s capitol without fear of arrest. People in Russia got arrested for blank signs.

You act as if the west is so much worse than Russia, yet they’ve had the same leader for decades while any real opposition is imprisoned, poisoned or killed. All while he arguably becomes the richest person on the planet.

It blow my mind people rightfully call out American politicians for insider trading or charging outrageous speaking fees to profit on their position only to ignore it when it comes to Putin and Russia.

Ummm...you have freedom of speech here...?

?

The west is worse than Russia...

They instigate color revolutions...destabilize other nations and hold the threat of illegal sanction and embargo over their heads...

Demand that every other nation play by their...Rules based order...game...or else...

Does Russia do that...?

All your other bullet points are because of illegal sanctions...

"Trade on a vast array of assets"...I suppose you mean your heavily invested in the MIC...

Way to be...part of the problem...

YouSir

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I thought we were talking about Russian aggression...and not the west's...?

The Internet is your friend look them up.

Everybody on the planet...except for you apparently...can see that the Ukrainian conflict is a US lead NATO and western proxy war against Russia...

Dude....There would be no war if Russia didn't attack..lol geez... Who was the aggressor here? You and Russia are pissed that the West stepped in and stop D-head from taking another country. Cry me a river...

NATO...is a paper tiger...
They have neither the facilities...nor the money to produce weapons or ammunition in any significant quantities...

You are right, and Putin has ZERO reasons to care about NATO. There were ZERO reasons why Putin needed to invade Ukraine. We all know why he did and it had ZERO reasons to do with Donbas, NATO, Nazies so on and so forth.

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 01:35 PM
link   

EU Natural Gas TTF price is much much lower now than just before Russia attacked Ukraine 2022

EU Natural Gas TTF

Sounds like Russian propaganda has really got in to your head ...
edit on 25-2-2024 by Kenzo because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join