It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘I Worked With Putin: Here’s What You Don’t Know About Him’

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: network dude

Winning does not stop history from repeating.

Because the subsequent generations just make the same to similar mistakes as their ancestors and refuse to learn from our past historical transgressions.

And we all appear to be incapable of learning from it, so I'm at the very least, glad I'm on the side that won last time. I hate war, and in reality there is no "winner", but loosing would suck much worse, so I'll stick with what I know.

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

into the Baltic states then move on to Europe.

So lets pretend they could hold it?

And then what, trucker and yellow vest protests for independence until Russia collapses under it's weight after they did away with NATO? How stupid do we think they are?

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 07:32 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: firerescue
a reply to: watchitburn

Putin's stooges are threatening to take Alaska back

Is that close enough for you

Nothing but sabre rattling.

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Aye, who wants to be second prize?

Winning is good.

Anybody who suggests otherwise probably does not win much, to be honest.

I hate war also, for a start, imagine what could have been achieved with a couple of 1000 years of peace on Earth as opposed to the alternative?

And I know there is an argument for war and conflict bringing about change and technological advances.

But still it might be nice to see what we could do with a few millenniums of peace.

We may have been at the stars by now, guess we will never know.
edit on 25-2-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I can't trust anything I hear about Putin anymore given all the breathless coverage of how he had "gone mad" at the start of the war, claims he was one setback in Ukraine away from using nukes, claims he will be deposed soon, none of which have borne out.

Edit: And for the extraordinarily weak-minded, which we seem to have a lot of here, no that's not defending Putin.
edit on 25-2-2024 by YourFaceAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 07:42 AM
link   

I did not realize Putin/Russia had the funds to do all this. Wow Russia must be doing way better than is portrayed in MSM.

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Shoshanna

The oligarchs and corrupt government officials.

I don't think the average joe anywhere outside the likes of St Petersburg and Moscow.

Can claim to be doing well considering the deprivation and abject poverty in which they live.
edit on 25-2-2024 by andy06shake because: to many aye's

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maybenexttime
Putin has no intentions of going into Europe ot any nato country.

What a joke.

Well, he knows he would get his ass handed to him. That is why he gets upset when small countries join NATO, he can't invade anymore. It has nothing to do with protecting Russia, it is all about who he can take or not.

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 07:53 AM
link   

I don't think the average joe anywhere outside the likes of St Petersburg and Moscow.

Can claim to be doing well considering the deprivation and abject poverty in which they live.

RussianTroll keeps talking about how great life there is right now and for him maybe it's pretty good, but damn...there are over 100 million living in desperate times, and it wasn't like their life before the invasion was good...It was bad and now it is worse.

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I think we all know the fellow says more than his prayers.

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

I don't care.

It's a Europe problem. Not mine. Let the EU fund that BS.

Actions of the West are mostly based in Fear. That needs to change.

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer

If Japan hadn't bombed Pearl Harbor, do you think the US should've stayed out of WWII?

If so, do you think the US would be better off today if Germany and Japan were allowed to annex all of Europe, Asia, and Africa?

Pearl Harbor wasn't the surprise big .gov would have you believe. Honestly, I'm bewildered how you can be on a conspiracy site and not know the US knew well ahead of time that Pearl Harbor was going to happen AND ALLOWED IT. The MIC wanted in and the rest is history.

Comparing WW2 and Ukraine is like apples and oranges, but good for you for trying to equate Putin with Hitler. It's always a Hitler, Germany, WW2 reference. Trump is Hitler too by the way, can you erroneously name some more?🙄

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeMustCare

I don't understand your point.

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 08:15 AM
link   

a reply to: Freeborn

Not getting involved in a war on the other side of the planet isn't isolationism, it's common sense.

You must be incredibly naive to think that funding the most corrupt country in Europe while we're racking up $3 Trillion in debt every year is a smart decision.

That is how I think of it, in addition, I believe it is some kind of opportunistic move to hype it up as a diversion while the usual wartime corruption and back-door deals go on. That money that our government and others are flushing down the Ukrainian toilet, is instead going into the washing machine to get cleaned up and kicked back into the pockets of corrupt politicians and their buddies.

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Unfortunately 'America first' policy includes a heavy influence on foreign policy. In a perfect world all nations would magically get along and borders would have invisible walls so no one crossed them and we all sung kumbaya and held hands making global decisions that benefitted everyone.

But it's not like that, the US and NATO became more than just an alliance agaisnt the communist regimes in earterm Europe, it had to become a global power structure because the communist threats were also a global power structure, see Maos third worldism, the slogan of the student red guard was to take their movement globally.

If the US just suddenly abandoned the world they pretty much built, it would be bad for everyone, especially America, a sudden retraction of interests backed by the USD would mean the off loaded debt into other nations and alliances and wars and such, would mean it would fall into default and the burden woild be put onto the American people.
This is why Trump tried to fund his protectionist movement by starting trade wars with everyone, he thought the consumerist mentality of the American people would continue to drive imported demand, and he raised the deficit within the nation to fund that mentality, it didn't work... because the US empire built its strong dollar off the military industrial complex. Not people buying cheap Chinese goods and fast food, thats just the benefits. The empire needs to be a global force, always. Because once it loses its influence the power vacuum left is immense, just look what happened to the world when Rome fell.

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeMustCare

I don't care.

It's a Europe problem. Not mine. Let the EU fund that BS.

The actions of the West is mostly based in profiteering. The Fear is the manipulation tool, tried and true. How much "aid" have we spent so far? How much of our children's futures has been hijacked? What's the current total again?

No one I know is afraid of Russia. They're more afraid of what the West will ultimately do to their own population. We are hardly the beacon of freedom and liberty if you haven't noticed.
edit on 25-2-2024 by VariedcodeSole because: eta

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo

You really have no idea...

Right now there are no US military fighting in Ukraine, no deaths of American soldiers.

If this spread to bigger war, there will be American soldiers dying in battlefield .

Why would we send American troops when we can send military age immigrants desperate to prove their loyalty and earn their citizenship?

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

RussianTroll keeps talking about how great life there is right now and for him maybe it's pretty good, but damn...there are over 100 million living in desperate times, and it wasn't like their life before the invasion was good...It was bad and now it is worse.

Youtuber "Sanctioned Ivan" lifts the curtain on Russia's real cost of living for real people on real wages in Russia.

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: WeMustCare

And why do you imagine that is?

Could it be something to do with Russia's antics in Ukraine?

It would be stupid not to fear the ramifications of such an act of invasion

Where that mobs is concerned fear is prudent by my guess.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join