It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. cellular outage hits thousands of AT&T users

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Can a solar flare be to blame for the AT&T nationwide outage?

The issue Thursday morning seems to stem from a SIM card database registry issue, Brooks said.

Source

According to the article, they concur that if it was caused by solar activity, it would affect multiple providers, not just one.

It looks like a database issue which, in theory, could have been caused by a hack.
edit on 2/22/2024 by Bishop2199 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I read about this, this morning, my husband is affected cannot call, he is with Cricket, because his job he can call using satellite connection, I am not affected, and I am with Verizon.

At least still able to make calls.

Communications companies is telling the government how they can paralyze communications in the US

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Central Florida ATT is not working. Seems to be the 5G.

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Wow, I am finding out now that some Verizon users are also having problems, this is epic,

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Where's Jeannie when we need magic?

She's right here with me.

edit on 2/22/2024 by SchrodingersRat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 09:31 AM
link   
We are getting fair warning about what is coming down the pike.
This was possibly a test run cyber attack, to find out efficacy and fine tune upcoming efforts. Not a maintenance issue, hard time believing that would take so long to address.
China? Russia? That's the narrative we will get if it's revealed to be a cyber attack.
How about a big shutdown causing chaos with electronics later this year, seems something important is happening about November.
Okay, now I'm rambling, too much caffeine.
I recommend preparing. At least put some old school maps in your vehicle

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: texas thinker

Just to think that this interruption on communications can affect emergency services is crazy, let no forget the businesses that are affected by this also all the money that is going to be lost, all we need now is to have the internet wiped out too.

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I use pay as you go phones using Tracfone, StraightTalk and SafeLink, all are working and I contacted my GF in Detroit on her phone just now, so I think I'm OK. Not sure about anything before 10 am this morning though.

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
Something weird is going on here in Mid MI too.
For the last few days, anyone that has spectrum internet/phone cannot call anyone with any other carrier.

It is affecting a lot of businesses, including ours.

I have Spectrum Internet and phone.

Their phone service is just re-branded Verizon service.

Not sure about their internet.

Both have been working fine in NY. And their bundled pricing is a screaming deal - $50/month for both.

Their internet speeds are extremely good too. I get 800 mbps/sec here.

Sometimes you get lucky.

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: texas thinker
We are getting fair warning about what is coming down the pike.
This was possibly a test run cyber attack, to find out efficacy and fine tune upcoming efforts. Not a maintenance issue, hard time believing that would take so long to address.
China? Russia? That's the narrative we will get if it's revealed to be a cyber attack.
How about a big shutdown causing chaos with electronics later this year, seems something important is happening about November.
Okay, now I'm rambling, too much caffeine.
I recommend preparing. At least put some old school maps in your vehicle

There was a thread on here yesterday about a message being sent, in May, to all the phones given to illegals after they crossed the border. The conspiracist in me wonders if this is a shutdown of sorts to get the frequency of those phones. It was about a message we Americans don't need to see.

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 10:13 AM
link   
My AT&T phone is down. My husband, who has the same make/model phone I do, on the same account, has service. We were both at home and he had three bars. I had nothing. None of this makes any sense.

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Russia testing out their anti satellite weapon ?

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 11:01 AM
link   
My phone was down from about 5am ET until about 745am ET. I have at&t and my phone (samsung galaxy s23) couldn't text or call unless I was on wifi. My boyfriend on the same phone acct as I has an older iPhone. Iphone x I believe and his was not affected at all. It seemed to only affect newer phones I think? Because my mom (also on my account) also has an older phone and hers is fine. Whatever happened is interesting / weird and the fact that it's taking so long to fix it is curious.

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 11:24 AM
link   
If someone wants to make a separate thread, here we go with this….

Pharmacies nationwide report outages in wake of cyberattack

www.foxbusiness.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I wonder if this was the mysterious national security threat?

Or maybe something like this will be posted on November 1, 2024:

Statement from the Whitehouse: Due to the widespread cellular and internet outages, in order to ensure every American's right to vote, we have suspended voting. Elections will resume once this National Emergency passes. While we realize this is a drastic step, it is necessary in order to protect our democracy.

(CNN/MSNBC - there is speculation Russia did this so Trump would win, so Biden had to suspend voting to protect our democracy)

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 12:05 PM
link   
It was a time when you did not need a cellular phone or an internet to cast a vote, it was call "paper ballots."

Yep people use to get a pencil and write their candidates.

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I have ATT. iPhone 15 Pro Max. No 5G. Cell is still spotty.

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Did you try using only wifi? it seems to work for some

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
If someone wants to make a separate thread, here we go with this….

Pharmacies nationwide report outages in wake of cyberattack

www.foxbusiness.com...

BINGO! 😃

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 12:40 PM
link   

I would say fallout from the iSoon leak.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join