It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. cellular outage hits thousands of AT&T users

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Large swathes of the U.S. were hit by a cellular outage early on Thursday, with thousands of users reporting disruptions with the services offered by telecom firms including AT&T.

More than 32,000 outage incidents were reported with AT&T’s service around 4:30 a.m. ET, according to data from outage tracking website Downdetector.com. Impacted cities included San Francisco, Houston and Chicago, the website showed.

Users of Verizon, T-Mobile and UScellular also reported issues with the telecom firms’ services, according to Downdetector.

U.S. cellular outage hits thousands of AT&T users

Massive Cell outages all over the place!

Some 911 systems reportedly affected!

Some news reports subtly suggesting possible cyber attacks!

Sporadic services rolling down and back up intermittently.

What the Hell is happening!

How dependent are YOU? 😃

What's YOUR backup plan(s)?

Where's Jeannie when we need magic?

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 06:14 AM
link   
More reports:

Cell networks down nationwide: 911 services across America crash as AT&T, Verizon and T-Mobile customers from New York to LA report no service or connection with many phones displaying SOS messages

At&T, Verizon and T-Mobile users reported early Thursday that they are having network issues nationwide and in Canada.

The issue has left At&T iPhone users stuck in SOS mode, meaning that users can only make calls to emergency services.

According to DownDetector, the spike in the outages occurred around 4am Eastern time. Service disruptions have been reported in New York, Boston, Washington, Montreal, Honolulu, Atlanta, Houston, Dallas, Los Angeles, Seattle and San Francisco.

The largest number of issues was reported by At&T users, which spiked at 31,931 reports at 4:30am. More than 2,400 service outages of U.S. wireless carriers Verizon and T-Mobile were also reported on the platform.

Nationwide, 911 operators have warned that the outage has impacted their ability to take calls.

"My God Nothing Works!"

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Wonder how many are staggering around looking at a black/blank screen like a zombie ?
edit on 727ndk24 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
Wonder how many are staggering around looking at a black/blank screen like a zombie ?

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 06:21 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Something weird is going on here in Mid MI too.
For the last few days, anyone that has spectrum internet/phone cannot call anyone with any other carrier.

It is affecting a lot of businesses, including ours.

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Big flares. Not surprising it would have some effect.

Today’s top news. Double BAM! During the past day the sun released two X flares from a big sunspot region, AR3590, on the sun’s northeast quadrant. X flares are the strongest category of solar flares. An X1.9 blasted at 23:07 UTC on February 21. And an X1.7 flare exploded at 6:17 UTC on February 22. The two X flares didn’t appear to release coronal mass ejections (CMEs) – big chunks of sun-stuff – during the events, but modeling and analysis are undergoing. AR3590 has been growing in size and magnetic complexity since it appeared on the sun’s northeast limb a couple of days ago. And it’s been quite productive overall. In addition to the two X flares, it produced a lot of little flares: 11 C flares during the past day (11 UTC yesterday to 11 UTC today). By the way – with proper eye protection such as eclipse glasses – you should be able to glimpse AR3590 on the sun’s visible disk. It’s big!

Sun News- Earthsky

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

Wouldn't that affect all carriers mostly equally? ATT seems to be affected the most. I'm on Verizon Wireless in the Atlanta area and no issues. I also have ATT internet at home and no issues about 6am before I left for the office.

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I'm on AT&T with an Android with no issues. Others in my office with AT&T are having issues. Not sure what phones they have, but the fact that it seems to be affecting different phones differently is weird.

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: peter_kandra

Wouldn't that affect all carriers mostly equally? ATT seems to be affected the most. I'm on Verizon Wireless in the Atlanta area and no issues. I also have ATT internet at home and no issues about 6am before I left for the office.

That might depend on who has the better lead shield deflectors and where they are.😎

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: peter_kandra

I know when I briefly worked for a cable company the flares would often affect one or two broadcasters, but not all. So, location maybe, or other factors?

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 08:04 AM
link   
My wife and I are fine right now on ATT but our daughter is also on ATT with a brand new iPhone 15 and hers will not work. Very strange.

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer
I'm on AT&T with an Android with no issues. Others in my office with AT&T are having issues. Not sure what phones they have, but the fact that it seems to be affecting different phones differently is weird.

I have a Galaxy S24, it will only work with WiFi calling, my wife has an iPhone 14, it only works on WiFi calling, my work buddy has an iPhone (not sure which one) but his works. We're all on AT&T. I turned my WiFi off and tried to call him, I got a message saying I have no network and can make emergency calls only. He tried to call me and it went straight to voicemail.

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 08:19 AM
link   

I've been with AT&T for a good long while, have a good friend who used to be an installer.

We're in Central Standard Time and we were just about to make an online order for new kitchen appliances since we recently had to relocate due to rising rents in my region.

We experienced the outage in the wee hours, and just went to bed instead of panicking.

Not sure if it was a satellite or what but he was a bit steamed. We only get 4g on our phone wifi out where we are and the connection speed wavers.

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Michigan: YouTube dropping(Att Xfinity), random rapid scrolling thru entire phone. Pages long to load.

Thought it was just me

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Appears to be spotty here in Southwest KY. Phone seemed fine at home. 30 miles away at work, nothing. Just letting everyone know if they are trying to narrow anything down.

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I'm in California, using TMobile and an IPhone 12. Everything is working for me right now.

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 08:56 AM
link   
On Google Fi here in Michigan which uses the T-Mobile network I believe.
It’s working fine.

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
Something weird is going on here in Mid MI too.
For the last few days, anyone that has spectrum internet/phone cannot call anyone with any other carrier.

It is affecting a lot of businesses, including ours.
Saginaw Michigan here. The power went out for no reason about 5 am for a hour or so.

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Southeast MI ATT user here. All of our phones have SOS in the top right corner. We can talk by enabling wi-fi calling, except for my son's phone which says bad gateway when he tries to enable wi-fi calling. He has to use FaceTime calling to talk to us.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join