It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Arabia warns Israel of 'very serious repercussions' if ground invasion of Rafah proceeds

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 06:09 AM
link   
With Netanyahu telling his military to prepare to enter Rafah where Palestinian refugees have sought refuge from the Genocide happening in the rest of the state part 3 of Israel's Plan for Gaza seems to be nearly here paving the way for part 4 , relocation of Gazans to Egypt's northern Sinai desert tent city.

Saudi Arabia have released a statement condemning the plan to launch a ground offensive on Rafah and the further displacement of the around 2 million people there warning of "serious repercussions" , they demand an immediate ceasefire and are calling for an urgent convening of the UN Security council.

twitter.com...

Egypt are reported to be moving military equipment to the border with the Times of Israel reporting 40 tanks and armoured personnel carriers have been sent to north eastern Sinai.

Looks like Israel's final solution for Gaza and its people approaches.

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

No Muslim country wants to help Palestinians , and even worse, hamas "thought" other nations would join the battle in their massacre event, but nope...not anywhere near they hoped. Even hezbollah is not at full war mode . The idea with hamas attack was to ignite the region to bigger war , that was the whole idea .

Israelis just find hamas secret data center beneath UNRWA’s Gaza headquarters ...

Directly beneath UNRWA’s Gaza headquarters, IDF uncovers top secret Hamas data center
edit on 11-2-2024 by Kenzo because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 06:45 AM
link   
instead of calling for an immediate cease fire, why not call for HAMAS to surrender and release the hostages? That would stop the war in it's tracks. Or is that not the goal?

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo
If it was LESS about hating Jews and MORE about truly wanting to help the Palestinians,then other neighboring countries would surely take in as many of their muslim "brothers and sisters" as they could possibly house in such a dire emergency.

Yet we are not seeing that at all-in fact we see the opposite.

That must cut deep for the people in Gaza-to know they are used as a stick to beat Isreal by their so called brothers instead of being offered an escape from their hell.

If I was in that position,I would no longer consider those neighbors to be my brothers.

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: onestonemonkey

If it was LESS about hating Jews and MORE about truly wanting to help the Palestinians,then other neighboring countries would surely take in as many of their muslim "brothers and sisters" as they could possibly house in such a dire emergency.

And do Israel's dirty work for them ? , removing the Palestinian people from their territory is illegal under International law and it's an echo of Germany in the late 1930s , with the Palestinian people removed Netanyahu's dream becomes reality with only the West Bank left to be ethnically cleansed.

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Yeeh , it does look like the other left palestinians to rotten .

If other nations there would been really caring all these years, they would help build peace , press hamas to stop .

One cruel example of muslim brothers in ME is Syria , there was huge palestinian camp there, maybe the biggest ever in World...both Assad regime and ISIS started terrorize the palestinians there , killing etc...

'Yarmouk is being annihilated': Palestinians in Syria are left to their fate

The forgotten Palestinians of Syria

Assad is starving Palestinians to death in a Syrian camp, and nobody cares

edit on 11-2-2024 by Kenzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
And do Israel's dirty work for them ? , removing the Palestinian people from their territory is illegal under International law and it's an echo of Germany in the late 1930s , with the Palestinian people removed Netanyahu's dream becomes reality with only the West Bank left to be ethnically cleansed.

I get the point you are making-but would you rather be removed from the land you consider your home by an israeli bullet or bomb(ie dead)-or would you rather be offered a place to live in a foriegn land?

If you are alive you can still fight to try to regain what was taken from you-if you are dead you cannot.

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 07:28 AM
link   

I get the point you are making-but would you rather be removed from the land you consider your home by an israeli bullet or bomb(ie dead)-or would you rather be offered a place to live in a foriegn land?

Ask yourself that question , would you want to be forcibly removed from your home country to a foreign country leaving behind everything you had there ?

I wouldn't , would you ?

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 07:32 AM
link   

I wonder what 'serious repercussions' will entail. Sanctions, IMO, don't seem to end up being serious.

“Saudi Arabia has always been steadfast on the Palestinian issue and the necessity that the brotherly Palestinian people obtain their legitimate rights,” the statement added.

The statement further called on the UN Security Council to expedite the recognition of the Palestinian state “so that the Palestinian people can obtain their legitimate rights and so that a comprehensive and just peace is achieved for all.”

Last September, Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman said that his country and Israel were getting closer to normalization.

But after Hamas launched its cross-border assault on southern Israel, prompting a brutal Israeli military response in the Gaza Strip, Saudi Arabia reportedly paused discussions on a deal with Israel. Since then, Saudi officials have stressed the need to achieve Israeli-Palestinian peace and secure the rights of Palestinians before moving forward with any normalization deal.

For his part, Israel’s president said that normalization would be a key element to ending the war with Hamas. Speaking at the World Economic Forum in Davos in mid-January, Herzog added that such a deal represents “an opportunity to move forward in the world and the region toward a better future.”

However, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu reportedly rejected a US proposal to achieve normalization with Saudi Arabia in exchange for Palestinian statehood. Citing three unnamed senior US officials, NBC News reported last month that Netanyahu told Secretary of State Antony Blinken during a visit to Israel that “he’s not prepared to make a deal that allows for a Palestinian state.”

www.al-monitor.com...#:~:text=In%20a%20stateme nt%20released%20early,offensive%20on%20the%20Gaza%20Strip

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I would not want to be removed.
Unless there was a big chance me and my family would be killed or slowly starve.

If those were the only choices I would choose being alive in another country.
I would still be pissed off-but at least still breathing.

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Then would you be happy with tens of thousands of refugees arriving in your country needing to be housed , fed and medically treated , with children that need to be educated ?

The strain on services in the UK is already great from the influx of Asians , Africans , Eastern Europeans all needing the above , tens of thousands of Palestinian asylum seekers turning up would add yet more pressure to a system already creaking under the strain.

Palestine is for the Palestinians not an expanded Israel.
edit on 11-2-2024 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo
No Muslim country wants to help Palestinians ,...

True. They only use the 'palestinian cause' as a stick against Israel.
Turkey threatened war against Israel if Israel went into Gaza.
Same threat came from Iran.
We see how that turned out.
Saudi Arabia threatening if Israel goes into Rafah is probably much the same.

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo

No Muslim country wants to help Palestinians , and even worse, hamas "thought" other nations would join the battle in their massacre event, but nope...not anywhere near they hoped. Even hezbollah is not at full war mode . The idea with hamas attack was to ignite the region to bigger war , that was the whole idea .

Israelis just find hamas secret data center beneath UNRWA’s Gaza headquarters ...

Directly beneath UNRWA’s Gaza headquarters, IDF uncovers top secret Hamas data center

"Data center"?

It was a server...
You are applying the same levels of critical thinking with Israel you applied in Ukraine.

You were incredibly wrong about that conflict and you equally wrong here. You NEED to stop consuming legacy media that is manufacturing your consent for war. Before you or someone you care about gets sent to die for nothing.

It's like you all learned ABSOLUTELY nothing from Iraq and Afghanistan! We are not the good guys when we illegal occupy and destroyed a country. Same goes for Israel and Russia.

Aren't you tired of the death and destruction yet?

(post by JAY1980 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 09:05 AM
link   
"Then would you be happy with tens of thousands of refugees arriving in your country needing to be housed , fed and medically treated , with children that need to be educated ?"

I would not be happy,but I could understand our government wishing to house genuine refugees from a warzone like we did for Ukraine.
Not all of them obviously-other countries could help out-as they did with Ukraine.

The strain on our UK asylum system and society in general has not been caused by genuine war refugees though.
And I just don't think we in the UK should be made to feel guilty for not doing more to help any refugees as our country has bent over backwards to allow society changing amounts of people to live here.

We help out a damn sight more than certain islamic countries.
So does the US.
Both in financial aid,and in the amount of refugees we take in.

How many do Saudi take?

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 09:57 AM
link   

I would not be happy,but I could understand our government wishing to house genuine refugees from a warzone like we did for Ukraine.

So Israel breaks every rule in the book and we pick up the pieces while they expand their border , sorry but I can't accept that.

How many do Saudi take?

In 2022, 335 persons with refugee status and 13,483 asylum seekers were registered in Saudi Arabia. They mainly came from Syria (57.91%), Eritrea (10.75%), Iraq (9.55%), and Somalia (4.78%), and most of them were fleeing war and violence.

migrants-refugees.va... arabia/#:~:text=In%202022%2C%20335%20persons%20with,were%20fleeing%20war%20and%20violence.

Like most people I think they have concerns about displaced people and their attitude towards their system but they do take them.
edit on 11-2-2024 by gortex because: edit to add link

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 10:35 AM
link   
he’s not prepared to make a deal that allows for a Palestinian state.” netty said that to blinken.

That says it all.

It's ethnic cleansing so Israel can expand, not about hamas at all.

The Israeli government are turning into those they fought against in ww2.

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Maybenexttime
Agreed.
Netty has also said he has not spoken to Biden since Biden said Israel's military response to Hamas was "over the top". Seems Netty is no friend of US either..... not like we didn't suspect that..... and is going to do what he likes anyhow, regardless of any threats/repercussions from other countries.
This move into Rafah by Israel could prove the tipping point in my view.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Indeed - the Islamists of surrounding nations are refusing to take in the Palestinian refugees purely because they know that by forcing them to live in the Sinai desert, that makes Israel look more inhumane. But in reality, they could have solved the Palestine problem decades ago by simply resettling the Muslims of Gaza & the West Bank in the surrounding Muslim nations -they had plenty of space & would have absorbed them easily. But no, they want the Jews to look like monsters, hence they reject their 'brothers & sisters'.

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 01:38 PM
link   
there is a very good reason why nobody wants them, Lebanon, and Jordan, both took them in, and they immediately tried to overthrow the govt. (admittedly it all goes back to the yom kipper war when the muslim nations said turn on the jews we got you, and then promptly abandoned them)

Jordan withstood it but Lebanon got wrecked by it.

Second, Saudi shouldnt try to throw its weight around they have been having issues with the Houthis for going on 6 years.

edit on 39Sun, 11 Feb 2024 13:39:34 -060039340101pmf by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join