It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona Republican Party chair caught trying to bribe Kari Lake

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2024 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Myhandle

originally posted by: Allaroundya4k
a reply to: 727Sky

Gullible people around here it seems.
Karo is a dimwitted and Trump is only in it for himself.
His very cozy relationship with Saudi Arabia and mass amount of money he got immediately after leaving his position should be of concern to you.
Remember 9/11? Ya that's the country that bank rolled that.
But ya you go ahead and support that dude.

If you want us to think you’re the smart one here, you gotta start saying smart things.

Well done.

posted on Jan, 24 2024 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Arizona has a "one-party consent law, meaning that at least one party to the communication, present during the conversation or discussion, or one party to the communication or conversation consents to the recording.

Therefore, if you operate in Arizona, you may record a conversation or phone call if you are a party to the conversation or you get permission from one party to the conversation in advance. That said, if you intend to record conversations involving people located in more than one state, you should abide by the recording law of the most restrictive state involved, or play it safe and get the consent of all parties.

Arizona Wiretapping Law

So, it's no surprise there have been a number of interesting recordings released from Arizona since the 2020 election, some of which also allude to a system that is "fixed" by "powerful people".

edit on 24-1-2024 by IndieA because: Reworded

posted on Jan, 24 2024 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Yeah, but DeWitt really is a Trump guy.

He led Trump's Arizona campaign in 2016 and was chief operating officer of Trump's 2020 campaign.

So who got to the guy who was chief operating officer of his 2020 campaign, and was on the right of right? Who are these dastardly powerful people to flip a strong supporter?

I am 90% sure they are playing on people's paranoia and making up a deep state conspiracy to do this crazy deep state takeover matryr shtick.

So she, and only she, is the candidate "they" bribe not to run? Like its set up to give her a god and country soundbite.

"Way to set up your new VP, Trump" is all I think.

I hate to embody a whiny protagonist, but this is turning me in to Holden Caulfield. I'm hoping to give an argument to prevent people from jumping on the cliff theyre being led to. But it's not gonna work. It usually doesn't.
edit on 24-1-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2024 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

He must be guilty of something, because he's out of the picture.

DeWit Resigns After Scandalous Recording Leaked

'This morning I was determined to fight for my position,' he said. 'However a few hours ago I received an ultimatum from Lake's team: Resign today or face the release of a new, more damaging recording.' 

Clearly he feels that his career is over one way or the other, which indicates to me they aren't bluffing.

edit on 24-1-2024 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2024 @ 01:54 PM
link   

doesn't that kind of validate the recording?

Asking for the lefties.

posted on Jan, 24 2024 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

My takeaway here is, the audio recording we have already seen is just the appetizer. Wait til the other shoe drops.

posted on Jan, 24 2024 @ 02:04 PM
link   

That's what the 10% is for.

Now we have

• scandalous video
• resignation

Now I want him to squeal. I want him to say exactly who came to him and build the convoluted web of players that sought to remove the amazing airhead from her senate candidacy.

Show me this convoluted web. I have to assume if this is real there will be enquiries and they will get to the bottom of this corruption.

Give me more than a "they" and the percentage drops.

I can't put anything past either party, but more so for the right where pulling political stunts in concerned.

Given the convolution that necessitates said clownworld its surprising there is never an appearance of it from the right.

If this was a Democrat scandle I would have a winning argument in this thread, and that's EXACTLY the bias I think they are exploiting. "Never us, always them".

Could be a BS video mixed with a greater good sacrifice resignation? *Or* I could be wrong again.

posted on Jan, 24 2024 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I wouldn't push DeWitt to hard if I was the GOP, as close as he was to trump he know things about trump that could make Watergate look like a childhood prank.

posted on Jan, 24 2024 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: lilzazz
I wouldn't push DeWitt to hard if I was the GOP, as close as he was to trump he know things about trump that could make Watergate look like a childhood prank.

So, "the walls are closing in" then?

posted on Jan, 24 2024 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
a reply to: network dude

My takeaway here is, the audio recording we have already seen is just the appetizer. Wait til the other shoe drops.

Things have went from slightly boring to holy sh!t, this is getting wild, in just a few hours. Who knew Wednesdays could be like this.

posted on Jan, 24 2024 @ 02:32 PM
link   

If only DeWit was smart enough to make a recording the same way Kari did, except he didn't plan for the subterfuge to blow up in his face like it did. He was planning to save both their careers before SHTF. Poor guy. Yes, let's hope he blows that whistle long and loud since he's got nothing left and maybe prosecution will go easy on him.

Just trying to be charitable here, until we know more.

posted on Jan, 24 2024 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Looks like he resigned, but in the article it also mentions that Kari has more recordings and if he didn't resign she would release them. Why not just release them that guy had nowhere left to run anyhow.

www.12news.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2024 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

If only DeWit was smart enough to make a recording the same way Kari did, except he didn't plan for the subterfuge to blow up in his face like it did. He was planning to save both their careers before SHTF. Poor guy. Yes, let's hope he blows that whistle long and loud since he's got nothing left and maybe prosecution will go easy on him.

Just trying to be charitable here, until we know more.

Even your charitable perspective means that the hubris here is off the charts.

And I agree, the coverup and defense will tell much, MUCH more.

posted on Jan, 24 2024 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Call it a psychic queue, but its the way she said the tagline, it seems rehearsed.

I want to wait for the analysis from psychologist that analyze confessions. They are good at picking up deceptive verbal queues that pre-fabricated and rehearsed stories give off.

And it was the way she was set up for that final line.

"ITS NOT MONEY, ITS ABOUT THE COUNTRY!"

I'm sorry, it comes off transparent and I have to laugh. They did it well enough, but it's just wrong. That bit of dialog seems written.

But there might be another angle.

Say he really was bribing her, and she was tipped off or otherwise knew it was coming, and that's why it comes off so fake feeling, like rehearsed lines. It would also explain the recorder. Unless she's so paranoid she records all conversations with all politicians at all times.

No. Still not exactly adding up.

Of course I have a bias dislike of Kari Lake and may be less willing to believe her as authentic.

posted on Jan, 24 2024 @ 02:54 PM
link   

LOL, cling to any shred of hope you can find!

He resigned. The recoding is real.

Keri sure does look like a peach now, but her part in this isn't even a thing right now, just the bribery part and the scummy DC part. You can hate on her for other things, but you really shouldn't ignore this and play this silly game.

posted on Jan, 24 2024 @ 03:05 PM
link   

At least you admit to being biased as a spectator. I'm inclined to believe she was clued in prior to the encounter.

posted on Jan, 24 2024 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Bad news for the Arizona GOP. The reason Dewit was elected to the position in the first place is because he was seen as the only candidate capable of uniting the party's different factions.

At last report,, the AZ GOP only had $159,000 in their war chest. Without a capable leader, GOP candidates may find themselves with empty coffers as their elections ramp up.

In the end, Lake may have just torpedoed her own Senate campaign. Winning the three-way fight was going to tough enough. If the party doesn't have the funds to help supplement her campaign then whoever the Dem candidate ends being is going to be able to drastically outspend her.

posted on Jan, 24 2024 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I don't think there's any doubt she was tipped off or this wasn't the first encounter where Dewit broached the subject. I mean, people generally don't wear wires if they think a situation is on the up-and-up.

posted on Jan, 24 2024 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

"LIZZID PEEPLE!"

edit on CST24pm2024-01-24T16:25:21-06:00k by tjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2024 @ 03:20 PM
link   
To me the entire recording sounded contrived, scripted and edited.

It's going to be problematic for the GOP to mount a credible offensive with so much skullduggery happening behind the scenes.

Grand Ole Party....

edit on 24-1-2024 by lilzazz because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join