It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the end goal for the left on the 2nd?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

More people probably died on any 2 days from fentanyl od's since joe opened the door than a years worth of gun deaths.

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I just want to go back to a country where my kids don't have active shooter drills at school. Make America Great Again?

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Euronymous2625
I just want to go back to a country where my kids don't have active shooter drills at school. Make America Great Again?

Maybe have parents assume responsibility for their childs actions.

The children don't belong to the state.

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I want a country that respects the Constitution.

That doesn't place their faith in governments.

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Go back then, nobody will stop you.
UK and Australia look safe lol
Toodles

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Get both parents involved in kids lives, dont let the kids rot their brains on social media, get kids off of medication just because its easier.

All of that will probably have a beneficial change on the school shootings, then we can look at childhood obesity and kids with diabetes problems.

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Disgusted123
From the post:

"The gun control proposals include a 14-day background check waiting period on gun purchases, prohibiting guns in polling places and parks, and a minimum age requirement of 21 years on semiautomatic firearm purchases."

Pretty radical. I guess thoughts and prayers will have to do. Since we can't seem to muster enough courage to take these simple steps which might save a few kids' lives.

America needs to stop saying we care about our kids. Because apparently, we do not.

appeal to sympathy. Nice logical fallacy. it's for the kids. LOL, why not look into what's killing the kids, and focus on that?

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vermilion
Toodles

Go back to where? I was born here. 43 years ago.

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vermilion
Toodles

Go back to where? I was born here. 43 years ago.

Then please kindly stop trying to support an infringement of our Constitutional rights.

Thank you.

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Remember, the LEFT will be lame ducks in about 11 months.

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeMustCare

Remember, the LEFT will be lame ducks in about 11 months.

You hope.

Just don’t do nothing stupid if it don’t go your way… lol.

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: chr0naut

roughly speaking 3,464,231 people died in 2021 in the united states, of that 48.8 thousand were due to fire arms of all reasons.

What carnage?

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: DBCowboy

More people probably died on any 2 days from fentanyl od's since joe opened the door than a years worth of gun deaths.

According to USAfacts, in 2022 73,264 people died from Fentanyl overdose, and 48,830 died from guns. So there were fewer gun deaths, but 73,264 / 365.25 = 200.7, which is way less than 48,830. But you don't prove any case by finding something that has more deaths, anyway.

For comparison, in New Zealand, in 2022, there were 10 gun deaths.

The US population is 66 times the New Zealand population.

66 x 10 = 660, so the measured number of gun deaths in the US (48,800) is 73.9 times what the comparable number would be if you extrapolated from New Zealand numbers.

Clearly there is simply an unreasonable and excessive number of gun deaths occurring in the US.

edit on 2024-01-14T21:04:12-06:0009Sun, 14 Jan 2024 21:04:12 -060001pm00000031 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Again, what law will prevent people from killing other people?

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Get rid of assault rifles.
Get rid of high capacity magazines.
Detour ownership through bureaucracy.

That's not me, that's just what the left wants.

It's just a liberal position. There's no good argument, it's just a party line. Prejudice. Rifles, ALL RIFLES, account for 3% of homicides. Yet that's just not convenient for the vitriol which party lines feed on using AR-15's as a scapegoat.

I feel, like post adolescent transgender issues, it's something to bitch about, that really doesn't harm anyone more than 3% of the time.

Like how conservative morality takes a fixated stand against transgenderism for ideological reasons; liberals take a fixated stand against guns for ideological reasons. In both cases it's more "meme" (idéologie du jour) driven. Comfort zone related definitely.

OMG, (guns/hormones) are so (redneck/libtard). I wish these disgusting parasitic (MAGA/LGBT) creeps would just go away forever.

It sorta like a political madlib, plus tecato gusano.

"some kind of interior psychic worm that cannot be sated or killed."
edit on 14-1-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 09:38 PM
link   

First, I lived in that state for several years. If she is interested in public safety she should start by plugging up some of the holes in the border. There is a gang problem along the southern end of the state and its mostly illegals. They fund their operations a variety of ways. One of the main ones is, ahem, 'stealing' cars with good insurance policies from people they know and selling them in Mexico. The 'victims' call the police to report the car stolen but not until after it crosses the border. The insurance company pays out and little is lost in the end.

As for why they target legal gun owners, that is simple. Those are the only guns they can find. When you hear a politician talk about gun control they are ALWAYS taking about legally owned guns and gun owners. I have never heard a politician say how they plan to take guns away from criminals. Not once. And they lie through their teeth too. There are no assault rifles to ban so they invent the term assault 'style' rifles and use it to target plain old every day rifles. None of them are assault rifles. None of them are military grade weapons. Not one army uses the AR15 as its primary weapon. The reason is simple: if they did, they would get wiped out by a real army using real assault rifles.

As for the end game, that is simple too. They want a defenseless public they can plunder at will with little to no resistance. If you ban every weapon known to man today, tomorrow the bad guys will have just as many, if not more, guns than they do now. No one supports gun control legislation more than criminals. It doesn't affect them in any way. But they know it makes the average person less likely to be able to defend themselves. And that is what they want.

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

None of the gun control issues relate to anyone wanting to aquire guns.

Even the 2nd is not framed around the reason of protecting a valuable asset.

It is framed around defense against tyrannical government (that was why they mentioned militia in the 2nd), which is not the reason that millions of Americans use for having their guns.

edit on 2024-01-14T21:41:03-06:0009Sun, 14 Jan 2024 21:41:03 -060001pm00000031 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 09:44 PM
link   

It is framed to keep the government (and their stooges) hands off of them.

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 10:05 PM
link   

All the gun control issue is, is about the removal of a right to own them.

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Good you like stats, keep digging and you will see the breakdown of those shootings and realize the vast amount of gun deaths are suicide, then another good chunk are justified cop shootings, then gang shootings, last bit is school shootings.

Last bit ill toss in is an oldy but a goody, a large chunk of all of it occurs in some areas that have laws you would love.

Huge chunks of the US have a huge gun presence and NO SHOOTINGS, but yea the guns are the problem.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join