It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the end goal for the left on the 2nd?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 10:14 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

New Mexico Republicans are accusing Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham of undermining the Second Amendment after the Democrat introduced gun control proposals on Friday.

Lujan Grisham announced that a 30-day state legislative session slated to begin Tuesday that will include "the largest and most comprehensive public safety package in our state's history."

The gun control proposals include a 14-day background check waiting period on gun purchases, prohibiting guns in polling places and parks, and a minimum age requirement of 21 years on semiautomatic firearm purchases.

The things mentioned here, aren't totally horrific, but as everyone knows, if you give an inch, they will take a mile. But why is the push always against legal gun owners? Do democrats not have ability to look at facts and statistics?

A huge way those legally purchased firearms get into the hands of criminals is through theft, the ATF said. In five years, there were more than 1 million firearms stolen from private citizens and reported to authorities.

www.npr.org...

the current push has been against "Assault Weapons", which is an incorrect term, but one that has DERPed it's way into our vernacular.

An NIH study that investigated the levels of criminal activity committed with assault weapons or other high-capacity semiautomatics also found that these types of weapons are only being used in a small percentage of crimes: “Assault weapons (primarily assault-type rifles) account for 2–12% of guns used in crime in general (most estimates suggest less than 7%).” Wouldn’t all of the time, money, and resources being used to push for an assault rifle ban be better used elsewhere, such as creating a better mental health-care system that is accessible to those that need it most?

www.criminalattorneycolumbus.com...

So if you drill down into the facts, it looks like most crimes are done by criminals ( I know, SHOCKER!) and they are done with stolen handguns. So why is there such a push to remove AR-15's and AK-47's? Could it be those are the one's patriotic citizens would use to protect against an invasion? (you get to choose what constitutes an invasion)

It's pretty obvious that the gun grab is not about crime, or mass shootings, but about something else.

Why isn't there just a little honesty in all this? if there was, and the reason was valid, there might be more support for it. But as it stands, it seems most of those who are against guns, really don't know anything about them, and wouldn't be the type to ever own one.

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 10:34 AM
link   
They will stop at nothing short of total disarmament of the American people.

Not gonna happen.

Weren't we told " nobody wants to take your guns " ?

Didn't believe it then, sure as hell don't believe it now.

edit on 14-1-2024 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 10:51 AM
link   
If your going to assault someone then any weapon is an Assault Weapon.
be it a Knife a Gun or a Brick.
That's just a Big Scary term Used by the Dumbocrats.
It's just their way to Disarm the Citizens of the USA and goes against the Second.
Total Take Over by the Regime.
It's freaking Pathetic.
a reply to: network dude

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Typical leftist logic.
"Criminals commit gun violence,
therefore, we can stop gun violence by taking guns from law abiding gun owners".

I've actually spoken to rabid gun control advocates. They use the most convoluted logic you can possibly imagine. They're incapable of critical thought. The way their minds work is truly disturbing.

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 10:52 AM
link   
If they can get rid of the 2nd. They can go after the 1st. This would enable them to get rid of freedom of religion. They know the people won't give that up easily. Just my guess.

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Speaking of incorrect terminology: Left is a political attitude - and is not particularly pronounced in most Western countries. Democratic parties have different currents and there are certainly left-leaning democrats everywhere - but I would describe most of them as centre-conservative. I know, it doesn't matter, you're just using these terms as fighting words, it's not about dialogue but about belittling your opponent.

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 11:39 AM
link   
So more assaulting the rights of law abiding citizens in the name of safety.

Yea no hard pass.

While its been a minute since I went gun shopping do they still make guns that are not semi-auto outside of revolvers?

I mean I guess they do, but I would wager this "safety" measure will have a vaguely written rule that lets most guns that hold more than 1 round be classified as semi-auto.

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 11:40 AM
link   
If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them... 'Mr. and Mrs. America, turn 'em all in,' I would have done it.
-Diane Feinstein

One man with a gun can control 100 without one. … Make mass searches and hold executions for found arms.
-Lenin

When personal freedom’s being abused, you have to move to limit it. That’s what we did in the announcement I made last weekend on the public housing projects, about how we’re going to have weapon sweeps.
-Bill Clinton

If the opposition disarms, well and good. If it refuses to disarm, we shall disarm it ourselves.
-Stalin

The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms. History shows that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by so doing.
-Hitler

Banning guns is an idea whose time has come.
-Sleepy Joe Biden

We urge passage of federal legislation … to prohibit … the private ownership and possession of handguns.
-ACLU

The most effective means of fighting crime in the United States is to outlaw the possession of any type of firearm by the civilian populace.
-Janet Reno

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Vermilion

It's downright scary when you see how many politicians look upon the Constitution with contempt. They have no regard for it whatsoever. It's non-existent to them.
americanmilitarynews.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 12:01 PM
link   

edit on 1/14/2024 by yeahright because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 12:38 PM
link   

They want you disarmed. Actually, the all-around best personal defense is the Remington 870 Police Magnum 12 gauge. Put somebody down with that and they aren't getting up.

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 12:44 PM
link   

The left is willing to destroy democracy in order to not have Trump on the ballot.

So removing rights enumerated in the Bill of Rights is actually not a shock.

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Take the guns first, go though due process second
-Donald Trump

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 12:52 PM
link   

I wouldn't use an AK-47 or AR-15 to protect me from a home invasion, thats what the shotgun is for. I think you're implying that when the government turns against us, we need those weapons to defend ourselves from tyranny, however as Biden says, we would need F15s and nukes to fight the government. I agree that these rules don't sound bad on paper, but its true if you give an inch they take a mile, and what is the point of age restrictions and waiting periods when deeply disturbed mentally ill people such as the Nashville shooter can still buy guns legally, they just have to wait 2 weeks?
edit on 14-1-2024 by Shoshanna because: can't spell

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 12:54 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Since firearm deaths aren't even in the top 10 causes of death, it's not about safety.

Then oh what could possibly be the reason..........?

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shoshanna

I wouldn't use an AK-47 or AR-15 to protect me from a home invasion, thats what the shotgun is for. I think you're implying that when the government turns against us, we need those weapons to defend ourselves from tyranny, however as Biden says, we would need F15s and nukes to fight the government. I agree that these rules don't sound bad on paper, but its true if you give an inch they take a mile, and what is the point of age restrictions and waiting periods when deeply disturbed mentally ill people such as the Nashville shooter can still buy guns legally, they just have to wait 2 weeks?

Afghanistan didn't need nukes or f15s.....

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: JadedGhost

Take the guns first, go though due process second
-Donald Trump

Do you disagree with Trump? If a dangerous, violent or mentally ill person is in possession of a weapon, should it not be taken from them?

Can you not confiscate the weapon, but still go through the legal due process afterwards?

Example:
It's not uncommon for police to confiscate weapons found in the vehicles of people they pull over.
When it's determined the firearm is legal and the owner has the right to possession, it is returned to them.

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: malte86

Ok, you wanna get to the meat and potatoes of this ? Fine.

Alcohol, cigarettes and fast food [ obesity heart disease cancer ] kill many more people in this country than guns, so if they are worried about my safety, why not outlaw those ?

Roughly 47,000 people die in car accidents per year, but a 16 year old can drive a 700 horsepower Hellcat. Can we make it so you have to be 21 to drive ?

Do you know more people are beaten to death than are killed with an AR , but damn! they sure hate those guns, huh ?

I'm sick of people trying to treat me and millions of gun owners like criminals, when we haven't done anything.

I don't need to make anti gun people look stupid. They do a fine job of it all on their own.
edit on 14-1-2024 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 01:30 PM
link   
From the post:

"The gun control proposals include a 14-day background check waiting period on gun purchases, prohibiting guns in polling places and parks, and a minimum age requirement of 21 years on semiautomatic firearm purchases."

Pretty radical. I guess thoughts and prayers will have to do. Since we can't seem to muster enough courage to take these simple steps which might save a few kids' lives.

America needs to stop saying we care about our kids. Because apparently, we do not.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join