It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the end goal for the left on the 2nd?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Disgusted123

"Do it for the children..."

You'd save more children by outlawing McDonalds than you would firearms.

But let not logic cease you from speaking absurd notions that demonstrate your intelligence....

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Disgusted123
From the post:

"The gun control proposals include a 14-day background check waiting period on gun purchases, prohibiting guns in polling places and parks, and a minimum age requirement of 21 years on semiautomatic firearm purchases."

Pretty radical. I guess thoughts and prayers will have to do. Since we can't seem to muster enough courage to take these simple steps which might save a few kids' lives.

America needs to stop saying we care about our kids. Because apparently, we do not.

Hypocrisy is a bitch.
Liberals need to stop saying they care about kids when they are happy to kill millions before they are even born.

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 01:42 PM
link   

If 11 kids per day were dying because of mass shootings, you'd be howling for guns to be completely banned, so when are you going to demand cell phones be regulated by age and a waiting period ?

The Institute for Highway Safety reports 11 teens die every day due to texting while driving. Now, a new study shows teens who text and drive are more likely to exhibit other dangerous behaviors.

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 01:46 PM
link   
We bankrupted the country enriching ourselves on your tax dollars, on special interest dollars, lobbyist and foreign interest dollars, and there's nothing left.

For our own safety, you can tear yourselves apart with what ever you can find and eat each other as we've made sure there are no firearms at your disposal to storm our bunkers and fortresses as we've accumulated all your firearms for ourselves to protect the wealth and luxuries we've accumulated from all of you the undesirable little people.

Now kindly #off and go back to foraging for bugs and pounding sand.

Imo, Learn to weld, learn to make powder and shot, learn crude blacksmithing on up to gunsmithing. Hell, learn to make your own killdozers, learn gunsmithing, learn learn learn learn learn.

Cannon Ball!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 01:51 PM
link   
It may be the most limp wristed pathetic situation imaginable, it is still the political climate you and yours find yourselves in.

Lose your gats in a lake and buy more ammo.

a reply to: bluesman023

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger2

Well, it’s not about me personally agreeing or disagreeing. Just pointing out the irony of double standards in this thread… give an inch take a mile, right?

He’s literally advocating giving police the power to confiscate firearms at will, until they can prove in court they’re mentally stable enough to posses firearms.

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Sounds infringy to me.

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: Disgusted123
From the post:

"The gun control proposals include a 14-day background check waiting period on gun purchases, prohibiting guns in polling places and parks, and a minimum age requirement of 21 years on semiautomatic firearm purchases."

Pretty radical. I guess thoughts and prayers will have to do. Since we can't seem to muster enough courage to take these simple steps which might save a few kids' lives.

America needs to stop saying we care about our kids. Because apparently, we do not.

Hypocrisy is a bitch.
Liberals need to stop saying they care about kids when they are happy to kill millions before they are even born.

And maim them for life after they are born.

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

"Do it for the children..."

You'd save more children by outlawing McDonalds than you would firearms.

But let not logic cease you from speaking absurd notions that demonstrate your intelligence....

Alcohol and cigarettes come in as contenders for the podium as well. Ban the lot and watch what happens.

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Dalamax

Yes.

Entire point being, if it's in the name of safety it's a non starter.

Neverminding the fact that we have a right to keep and bear arms that shall not be infringed by government.

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude They want all the guns so they can control you . If you can fight back it is a problem for the Left .

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: malte86

Ok, you wanna get to the meat and potatoes of this ? Fine.

Alcohol, cigarettes and fast food [ obesity heart disease cancer ] kill many more people in this country than guns, so if they are worried about my safety, why not outlaw those ?

Because this falls within the personal freedom of adults. Children, of course, need to be protected, that's up to the parents. But what that has to do with too many dangerous weapons in the hands of dangerous people is beyond me. For outsiders, this gun mania is indeed difficult to understand.

Roughly 47,000 people die in car accidents per year, but a 16 year old can drive a 700 horsepower Hellcat. Can we make it so you have to be 21 to drive ?

That's for the legislators to decide. I don't know about that. But it has nothing to do with guns.

Do you know more people are beaten to death than are killed with an AR , but damn! they sure hate those guns, huh ?

I only use guns in Fortnite. Why does a person need a firearm unless they are a hunter, police officer, soldier, sport shooter, hobby shooter or live in a war zone? And how can it be that it is so easy to get hold of rapid-fire weapons in the USA?

I'm sick of people trying to treat me and millions of gun owners like criminals, when we haven't done anything.

Who's criminalizing you? Unless you're doing something criminal. Isn't the NRA one of the most powerful organizations in the United States?

I don't need to make anti gun people look stupid. They do a fine job of it all on their own.

The fanatics who sense a conspiracy behind every attempt to change gun laws don't look smart either.

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 04:19 PM
link   

The really fun part about gun ownership being a right is that we never have to justify why we want to own firearms.

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Because this falls within the personal freedom of adults. Children, of course, need to be protected, that's up to the parents. But what that has to do with too many dangerous weapons in the hands of dangerous people is beyond me. For outsiders, this gun mania is indeed difficult to understand.

Lets put it simply. What stops a bad guy with a gun? A good guy with a gun.

Do you know how many defensives uses of firearms happen per year? Hint, it's greater than the number of murders by firearm.

Lastly, there are more guns than people in this country. If the guns were a problem, it would be obvious....

I only use guns in Fortnite. Why does a person need a firearm unless they are a hunter, police officer, soldier, sport shooter, hobby shooter or live in a war zone? And how can it be that it is so easy to get hold of rapid-fire weapons in the USA?

We have a 2nd amendment. The right to keep and bear arms not being infringed upon by our govt.
You may not like it, support it or the people who exercise their right, too bad.

Who's criminalizing you? Unless you're doing something criminal. Isn't the NRA one of the most powerful organizations in the United States?

3 times in just the last year, the ATF attempted to make previously legal arms and parts illegal. Just for starters.

The fanatics who sense a conspiracy behind every attempt to change gun laws don't look smart either.

Yet you yourself has stated multiple fallacies and illogical arguments. Those of us who pay attention to firearms and the activities of plotiticains know full well whats going on and it's not a conspiracy nor a secret. How many videos would you like of them proclaiming that they want to take away legal firearms?

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 04:33 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Speaking of Frankenstein, she is well known for saying;

Democratic Sen. Dianne Feinstein about her stance on gun control. “If I could have gotten 51 votes for an outright ban, picking up every one of them, ‘Mr. and Mrs. America, turn em all in,’ I would have done it,”

Turn em all in...

youtu.be...

Search YouTube.

Rights are not granted by Government.

edit on 14-1-2024 by ADVISOR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Probably to stop the carnage.

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut
a reply to: network dude

Probably to stop the carnage.

Name me a law that has ever stopped people from killing each other.

I'll wait.

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

roughly speaking 3,464,231 people died in 2021 in the united states, of that 48.8 thousand were due to fire arms of all reasons.

What carnage?

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: chr0naut

roughly speaking 3,464,231 people died in 2021 in the united states, of that 48.8 thousand were due to fire arms of all reasons.

What carnage?

More people died from fentanyl OD's from illegal drug trafficking from the open borders.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join