It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court says it will decide if Trump qualifies for Colorado ballet

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: DBCowboy
If the Supreme Court rules in favor of Trump, then Biden will use that as an excuse to pack the court, making sure that chaos ensues.

He may try, but thankfully that takes a super majority of the Senate and I don't see that happening.

I have no faith in the republicans in the senate.

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: WingDingLuey

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: WingDingLuey

I said "posted for posterity".

Did you watch the video? It's pretty self-explanatory.

You watch, you decide.

Thanks for nothing again. I'm very disappointed with you. 😞

I’m more disappointed with myself. My dad was right again. He said the gays getting married wouldn’t stop there and he said legal Mary Jane was a bad idea.
Now pedophilia is a partisan issue and cottonmouthed , paranoid judges in Colorado are trying to disenfranchise half the country.

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Myhandle

You are one of the Lucky Ones to have a Father who Voices Reason . God Bless You Both .

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: tanstaafl
I have no faith in the republicans in the senate.

Me neither, but it would be political suicide for any of them to go along with the dems to increase the size of the SC. Never gonna happen - unless the Dems are able to force through the nuclear option and change the rule so that SC nominees can be approved by a simple majority.

That said, I'm not sure... is there also a federl law the sets the number of Justices that would have to be changed too?

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Lets say you're right.

Then how was the vote wrapped up on the 6th and Biden in office on the 20th?

The entire assertion is laughable not only on its face but legally as well.

Wouldn't that mean we had no President from January 6th through the 20th?

If so, who WAS the President on January 6th?

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: SourGrapes

Benevolent insurrection??

lol

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dandandat3

That's an interesting premise.

SCOTUS upholds the ruling that any state has the power to remove any candidate from their presidential battles on the most narrowest politically driven grounds.

One by one states are forced to choose a side; removing eather the Republican or Democrat candidate from the general election. Leaving the other major party to run virtually uncontested in that state and while the people will still be aloud to vote the winner will have been predetermined by the state's own interventions. The states will have still chosen the next POTUS as they are supposed to do, just not though the normal popular (per state) election process.

How would this shack out? Which political party controls enough legislators/courts to gain the most electoral votes though uncontested elections in the states?

Fast forward; after such chaos the people will demand change. They will demand the Federal government completely federalis the election process taking all election powers away from the states and the abloishment of the electoral college voting process. The long sought country wide popular vote will determine the president.

It has already begun.

GOP state lawmakers work to remove Biden from ballot: 'We must fight back'

"Pennsylvania state Rep. Aaron Bernstine, R-Lawrence, Georgia state Rep. Charlice Byrd, R-Woodstock and Arizona State Rep. Cory McGarr, R-Pima Co., are working together to exclude Biden from their general elections in November."

Texas and Florida will soon follow suit, if they haven't already done so.

Right now, the majority of the focus is on the Presidential election. However, other federal, state, and local elections will be the next targets. There will be no stopping it.

Imagine, Colorado announces that no Republicans will appear on any election ballots because they were complicit in the "insurrection" by not dropping out of the Republican party, in protest. Florida then announces that no Democrats will appear on any election ballots because they are all guilty of "insurrection" for aiding and abetting Biden with the border crisis, by remaining Democrat. Of course, I over-simplify to make a point. Unfortunately, though, there's not much exaggeration. I wonder how many actually understand how important this case truly is.

This case will shape the political landscape for years to come.

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Dapaga

Yup its why they have no choice but to pick it up and issue a ruling, otherwise the republic dies on their watch and thats how they will go down in history.

People like them always worry about their legacy..

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 05:23 AM
link   
It's a dance now? Hey. Maybe it is.

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: SourGrapes

Wouldn't that mean we had no President from January 6th through the 20th?

How in the world do you arrive at that conclusion?

If so, who WAS the President on January 6th?

Donald Trump was POTUS on Jan 6th.

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Don't take this as an insult, but think like a Democrat for a couple of minutes.

What Democrats would like to see is election system chaos this spring and summer, so they can implement emergency measures for keeping Joe Biden president for the foreseeable future... while the courts spend years fixing the system.

What the GOP has to do is focus counteracting their efforts.. and getting Joe Biden impeached.

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 12:05 PM
link   

If nobody makes it to 270, I believe that the House selects the president and the Senate selects the vice president.

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
If nobody makes it to 270, I believe that the House selects the president and the Senate selects the vice president.

I wonder, if in making that selection, do they only get to choose from the top two vote getters, or anyone else who was officially running, or can they choose somebody that wasn't even running for election, e.g., another politician or even a private citizen?

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeMustCare

Don't take this as an insult, but think like a Democrat for a couple of minutes.

What Democrats would like to see is election system chaos this spring and summer, so they can implement emergency measures for keeping Joe Biden president for the foreseeable future... while the courts spend years fixing the system.

What the GOP has to do is focus counteracting their efforts.. and getting Joe Biden impeached.

Wait till they start with a new approach for banning Candidates off the Final Ballots for the main elections Nov5.

They'll go after President and Congressional Candidates.

They might use tricks like malfunctions, counterfeit ballots, counting the same ballots more than once, late arriving ballots from unverified locations, etc. 😃

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Yup. And I think The House uses a "One Vote per State" system for selecting the President.

It's going to be a roller derby election.

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Station27

I wonder, if in making that selection, do they only get to choose from the top two vote getters, or anyone else who was officially running, or can they choose somebody that wasn't even running for election, e.g., another politician or even a private citizen?

Choosing a President: How the Electoral College Works
😃

If a candidate for President fails to receive 270 votes, the House itself will choose the President from among the three individuals who received the most electoral votes. In this process, each state receives one vote, and it's up to the House members from that state to decide how to cast it. The election has gone to the House twice, in 1801 and 1825.

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa
I wonder what the chances are of that happening?
I really don't understand the ins and outs of your voting system, but could this be a sort of loophole that the Dems could be aiming for whilst the rest of us are being distracted with all the other shenanigans going on and expectations of vote rigging again?
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Thought I read that the democrats were in the process of trying the judge trick on 100+ gop personnel across the country.

more reason the Supreme court has to put a stop to this.

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Thought I read that the democrats were in the process of trying the judge trick on 100+ gop personnel across the country.

more reason the Supreme court has to put a stop to this.

It's The BAMN strategy again. 😬

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: WeMustCare

I have thought of that also. With several Republicans retiring in the House (not finishing their terms, which seems odd to me) their majority is getting smaller and smaller. If a few more "drop out" the Democrats would have the majority and can write legislation allowing for a government takeover of the presidential election... to save democracy. The Senate would pass it, and Joe would sign it. Done, the elections would then be "the most secure in history."

Lawsuits would be filed, of course, but they would not see a courtroom until after the elections. By this time, new legislation would be written, and passed, expanding the Supreme Court... to save democracy, and insure the status quo.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join