It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

50yo man identifies as female, granted access to little girls' locker room and swim competition

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2023 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

No one except you and BO are here saying ALL transgenders are pervs.

Just the grownup ones who want to get changed around undressed young girls.

Are you saying that you think NO transgenders are pervs? This is a very naïve (and easily proven incorrect) opinion.

posted on Dec, 18 2023 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov

No, swim meets are competitions against other swimmers.
How did the swimmer in question get 2nd place against himself?

I spent 12 years going to swim meets with my daughters.

There are, of course, categories and age groups. But you keep a log book of your times. You swim against your times.

I have been to open all-age public swim meets.

It is possible for mixed categories to swim in a heat. But they are not competing against each other.

2nd place would be in a specific category or age group.

I don’t know how this venue categorized swimmers.

Like I said, there could be other adult swimmers.

edit on pm1212America/ChicagoAmerica/Chicago by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2023 @ 06:39 PM
link   

So if I walked out onto a field of 10U girls playing softball, at 51, because I felt it was my time, you would not shun me and tell people I can be who I want to be?

Seriously. Life is not about pick and choose.

My oldest son swam and did diving for over 10 years. I know the places they go. Sometimes nice and sometimes not so nice. I was a guy so I would go in with my son. My daughter has never been anywhere without my wife. it is to protect from things like this. There is nothing that can be stated that should allow this.

I mean, if 'she' is such a great swimmer why not try out for the Womans Olympic Team?

posted on Dec, 18 2023 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

So if I walked out onto a field of 10U girls playing softball, at 51, because I felt it was my time, you would not shun me and tell people I can be who I want to be?

Seriously. Life is not about pick and choose.

My oldest son swam and did diving for over 10 years. I know the places they go. Sometimes nice and sometimes not so nice. I was a guy so I would go in with my son. My daughter has never been anywhere without my wife. it is to protect from things like this. There is nothing that can be stated that should allow this.

I mean, if 'she' is such a great swimmer why not try out for the Womans Olympic Team?

Do you think I let my daughters go in locker rooms alone?

Your analogy doesn’t make sense.

I’ve been to open swim meets of all ages. That means adults.

Yes there are heats and elimination heats, etc.

But swimming against your own times is about improving yourself. You see how you are getting faster.

posted on Dec, 19 2023 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Did you not know that swimming contests are always just against yourself... This way, one everyone can win and the world is just wholesome and there can never be any bad intentions from a 50 year old guy in a girls locker room.

The fact that they act like a different gender clears them from all doubts of wrongdoings, because it's so wholesome and woke to believe that.

Damn the kids, they can look after themselfes. It's the adults we need to foster and protect their feelings. Kids can take a lot, they will grow out of their trauma, eventually.

posted on Dec, 19 2023 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain

Did you not know that swimming contests are always just against yourself... This way, one everyone can win . . .

So, you want your little swimmer to always be a failure.

Got it.

edit on am1212America/ChicagoAmerica/Chicago by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2023 @ 11:40 AM
link   

And you want an old man to take her 2nd place medal.

posted on Dec, 19 2023 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov

And you want an old man to take her 2nd place medal.

So, you think swimming against your own times, improving your own times, setting time goals, and meeting them is what you call a loser.

Ever heard of age groups?

Adults do not swim against minors.

posted on Dec, 19 2023 @ 12:19 PM
link   

No, I want to protect her and all other children from people with your mindset.

Do you understand what a contest is?

This was a rhetoric question.

posted on Dec, 19 2023 @ 12:48 PM
link   

No, I want to protect her and all other children from people with your mindset.

Do you understand what a contest is?

This was a rhetoric question.

What exactly is my mindset?

Do I know there are heats and elimination heats until there’s a final fastest swimmer? Of course.

Do I know there’s a top 3 to 5 that almost always take the top spots? Of course.

But I also know about improving your start, improving your stroke, figuring out your strength and weaknesses, improving your turns, etc. — you swim against yourself always trying to improve.

edit on pm1212America/ChicagoAmerica/Chicago by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2023 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Yeah but that's not a contest.

A contest is when several people compete against each other to see who is best in a certain skill or sport. That's what a contest is.

Everything else you brought up is TRAINING. You describe training. People that go to contest, yes, surprise, they train to improve themselves and thus be able to compete and have a chance to win.

That is what contests are. And I know you hate definitions of real words, so here is some snippet from a dictionary. These are books where words are described for people that don't know their definition.

contest
kŏn′tĕst″
noun
A struggle for superiority or victory between rivals.
A competition, especially one in which entrants perform separately and are rated by judges.

None of what you wrote has anything to do with a contest. Because for both definitions, you are competing in the end, against others. You're just lying to yourself, you lie to me and the rest here and you make things up as you go. In the real world, not clown world, words have fixed definitions.

A man is a man and will always be.
A woman is a woman and will always be.
A contest is a contest and will always be.
Training is for improving yourself, and, surprise, will always be about improving yourself.

Not always in preparation of a contest, though, but in the light of a contest, you just described what training is.

edit on 19.12.2023 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2023 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

I’ll stick to competing with yourself for self improvement.

Have a nice day.

posted on Dec, 19 2023 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Wait, don't you want to know the answer to your other question?

posted on Dec, 19 2023 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Wait, don't you want to know the answer to your other question?

This is a joke. The people defending this behavior obviously have no idea what it takes to compete and train for athletic contests. They have never experienced the commitment, the discipline, the physical and mental thrills of optimizing one's physical agility, and the heartache of loss or injury. The humility of facing a worthy opponent.

posted on Dec, 19 2023 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Ever heard of age groups?

Adults do not swim against minors.

Do you even understand that we are in a thread discussing a 50 year old man who swam against minors?

posted on Dec, 19 2023 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Because they are used to get their will.

In their world you can be a woman when you were born with a dick and be a man born with a mu-mu.

That is why people like Annee believe it is rightful to not only compete against minors, against us as disguised men in sports and that is is perfectly normal to have a 50 year old dude sticking around in the locker rooms and showers.

The one that brought up how there was not genitalia visible and never a danger about it. Um... this breaks their complete logic.

They are either a perverted pedophile that want to be in the girls showers and locker area.

OR

They are entitled egoistic delusional people that don't have the decency to stay away during the time the girls changed, living out their "I am a little girl fantasy". But then I ask myself, do they not get undressed? Or why even be in the locker room. Because if they fullfil the reason to be in the locker room, they have to get naked at some point in time.

The mothers had to shield the girls with towels, so that tells me the perv sticked around, watching.

posted on Dec, 19 2023 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Have a nice day.

I competed against myself once, I was a champion. Competing with oneself is not called competing, it’s called training.

My daughters and I all raced go-karts competitively. They raced against a field mainly comprised of boys and one other girl, they were both state champions 3 years in a row. We practiced to reduce lap times but that all changed when Sunday race day came, they had to actually go out and prove themselves on the track. Racing/practicing against themselves didn’t prove a damn thing but competing against others certainly did. This participation trophy bs is exactly that…it’s bs. It creates a class of people that think they’re always winners when in reality that’s just not the case. Use to drive me bonkers when they played basketball at a very young age and they didn’t keep score. Parents used to ask and wonder what the score was. I’d tell them exactly what it was, they always laughed with a thx.🤣
edit on 19-12-2023 by KrustyKrab because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2023 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I have to write an extension because I drifted off...

Because of taking such shortcuts described by me in my first three paragraphs, people that cheer for this whole madness have no clue how it is to achieve something. Why value true competitiveness when you can take shortcuts? It's the same with participation trophies. That's coming from the same camp of people.

I would have been ashamed for bringing a "participation" trophy home. I would have discarded it somewhere along the way home because it would have been embarrassing to show it to my parents. Not because they would be mad. No. Because there is no trophy deserved for just participating, simply. When I did the minimum and could not get podium, then that is a sign to work on myself, not receive a fake trophy, padding my head.

I rather go home with nothing to show, because I also achieved nothing. And this is the crux of it all. When hard work and training is not honored anymore and any time some dude can come around and set new records, that's very (sarc) wholesome to see.

This all is running rampant in our society, when lazyness is awarded and hard work is punished or not valued. That is why I am allergic to anyone saying the system is cruel and then making excuses about how people like me just know to use the system and thrive. Non conformitist out of spite. Not valuing the achievements and properties of others.

It all circles back, the same people that looted during the summer of love, are the same people that advocate for all the bull# above, too, to a big percentage. For me, that is a degenerate mindset.

posted on Dec, 19 2023 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: KrustyKrab

Have a nice day.

I competed against myself once, I was a champion. Competing with oneself is not called competing, it’s called training.

My daughters and I all raced go-karts competitively. They raced against a field mainly comprised of boys and one other girl, they were both state champions 3 years in a row. We practiced to reduce lap times but that all changed when Sunday race day came, they had to actually go out and prove themselves on the track. Racing/practicing against themselves didn’t prove a damn thing but competing against others certainly did. This participation trophy bs is exactly that…it’s bs. It creates a class of people that think they’re always winners when in reality that’s just not the case. Use to drive me bonkers when they played basketball at a very young age and they didn’t keep score. Parents used to ask and wonder what the score was. I’d tell them exactly what it was, they always laughed with a thx.🤣

Swimming is not a team sport.

Comparing it to a team sport is not logical.

posted on Dec, 19 2023 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: KrustyKrab
Synchronity about the participation trophy bull#

Two "idiots", one thought, we say

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join