It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Totally Disappointed in the Behavior Here During the Mod Lock Out

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScarletDarkness
a reply to: FlyersFan

I didn't bother signing up with a new account during the mod lockout , because it was such a disaster . I really thought it was the end of ATS. It's what happens when you 'defund the police' , all turns to #.
Good it's back at least

Exactly .

What happened could have been a Mod / Admin proving that ATS runs smoothly only because of the Mods . This place went to sh*t with in hours people were throwing Feces on the wall .

Some people acted mature and others did not but it does prove that ATS needs Mods and that society would react the same way if the Police were truly de-funded.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 11:38 AM
link   

HEllsing abridged alucard:Im not apologizing.

Anywya..I was meaner to the trolls but thats cause i was pissed at them. I used to MOD for a OFF TOPIC forum and i was VERY strict.SO I was also VERY abusive to trolls who would come in and try to mess with the regulars.

SOrry you had to see the Release zero Version of me.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 11:40 AM
link   

I worked in the oil and gas industry for 14 years with mostly men (I’m a woman) and I learned real quick that most of the time, civil decorum among groups of men is only for civility’s sake. Men and women are intrinsically different. I began to understand that what women deem as crass, offensive and idiotic, are exactly what make men able to deal with the horrors of war and carrying the burden of survival for an entire family. Men are gross. My husband is gross. He’ll straight up wipe a booger on the wall and give zero effs. However, he takes care of his family and I have zero fear for my well-being or my children’s well-being, and that makes him a successful man in my eyes. Masculinity has its proper place in a rightly-functioning society. And unfortunately, for the most part, that masculinity includes a lot of what we deem offensive.

Even the most chivalrous men I’ve ever known engage in “men talk” behind closed doors that would cause most women to clutch their pearls and not let go. Don’t get me wrong, my intent is not to make excuses for them. I’m just trying to explain a lot of the “why” behind the behavior.

Like you, I noticed the quick devolvement of civility when the blip happened, but I’ve also noticed the quick straightening-of-the-tie once the lights were turned back on. And I can respect that- men who were being gross and bad, who were quickly able to get their ish back together and act like civilized human beings. It’s the ones that act like that all the time and have zero maturity or decorum at all that we should be worried about.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

originally posted by: ScarletDarkness

I didn't bother signing up with a new account during the mod lockout , because it was such a disaster . I really thought it was the end of ATS. It's what happens when you 'defund the police' , all turns to #.
Good it's back at least

Exactly .

What happened could have been a Mod / Admin proving that ATS runs smoothly only because of the Mods . This place went to sh*t with in hours people were throwing Feces on the wall .

Some people acted mature and others did not but it does prove that ATS needs Mods and that society would react the same way if the Police were truly de-funded.

Like a false flag hegelian dialectic thing?

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

It was really nice to see a few that I’ve had heated debates with in the past defend me from some racist, sexist vile attacks. It was interesting to see those that stood quiet too.
Sometimes silence says more than anything..

I didn't see those posts, but I can imagine how nasty they were. All they did was prove to everyone reading, that you are a better human than they are.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSingleBillie

I may change the avatar back now that the trolls seem to be gone.

LOL Your avatar reminds me of a burned out, very jaded Betty Boop!

Don't get me wrong, I like it!

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 12:18 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I understand that I'm not very popular in some quarters, and that has caused me nearly a minute of sleeplessness.

And I'm guilty of hitting below the belt, but that's just because I don't fight fair.

But that is not the reason for the chaos and anarchy during the Purge.

Okay, DBCowboy, thanks. I know then for certain that you haven't a clue what sort of truck hit you, or ATS. Which is totally fine. I wouldn't expect that you would, it's just that all that stuff you mention about your popularity, the fairness and dirtiness of your fighting style, some "purge"; All theater (I won't start calling you Theater Boy).

Did their attempts to frame you as a pedophile extend beyond these boards?

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Kind of laughing a little because I know that FF is all, "Why always my threads.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I think the majority that came here during the breakdown that made trouble were not active ATS members.

IMHO many were disgruntled ex members having a dig on ATS.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 12:51 PM
link   
What members here are reeling from is pretty normal on some sites on the Internet ,, I find it disgusting the way some people communicate when they have a different opinion to another poster .

Civility and decorum are what keep me coming back here year after year and make me want to be a member .

Plus all the smart and funny members

You know who you are

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

There was one guy going down a tangent how women are all the same and going full 1900 on the view of women, cleansing them with his male sexual organ.

For sure the breakdown brought out "the best".

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain
I think the majority that came here during the breakdown that made trouble were not active ATS members.
IMHO many were disgruntled ex members having a dig on ATS.

I dunno' .... if they were all ex members then how did they know within hours that the site was a free for all? Ex members who constantly lurk?

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I couldnt post at all

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 12:59 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheDiscoKing

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I understand that I'm not very popular in some quarters, and that has caused me nearly a minute of sleeplessness.

And I'm guilty of hitting below the belt, but that's just because I don't fight fair.

But that is not the reason for the chaos and anarchy during the Purge.

Okay, DBCowboy, thanks. I know then for certain that you haven't a clue what sort of truck hit you, or ATS. Which is totally fine. I wouldn't expect that you would, it's just that all that stuff you mention about your popularity, the fairness and dirtiness of your fighting style, some "purge"; All theater (I won't start calling you Theater Boy).

It was an SQL Server error where all the emails got defaulted if I understand correctly.

And I'm not "Theatre Boy".

It's "Drama Queen".

Did their attempts to frame you as a pedophile extend beyond these boards?

Oh great, gonna bring back that little chestnut to insult me with?

You're obviously bitter about something.
edit on 28-10-2023 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

(post by 3n19m470 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 01:12 PM
link   

When someone shows you who they are, believe them.

Same thing with groups of people. ATS really only took hours to show who people really are and how much work the mods have here. It became Gab or Stormfront in one day flat.

Heck, it's kinda getting back to normal with cussing and stuff, but people are still openly talking about 1776 and another civil war. For a few days at least, then they'll stop.

But we all now know.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogani

oh noes real nazis.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: lilzazz
If this is any indication of procedure and current things to come....I'm not interested in reviving my old acct. I'll use this one until the next cluster F....; It's hard to reclaim trust or "the good old days" when no one seems to care.

Honestly, I don't even think ATS ever sold....this was some kind of cultural experiment to test voter attitudes. People who tend to the conspiratorial need to be watched according to the TPTb.

Yup. I think/feel the same. I don't take this site seriously, or any site for that matter.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join